New Expansion this fall—what about our missing companions????

MaryEO

I can understand a lot of peoples frustrations.. I REALLY want Kira, Jaesa and Nadia back soon, but I will resist the temptation to just retrieve them

and while YES it would be easier to just go find them via the commanders tool in his quarters..

I mean even a new teaser mail message like the ones we found when we got access to a mail terminal after thawing out of the carbonite (only talking about the outlander's exploits and how similar it is to the adventures you shared before you disappeared) would likely keep some of us happy until they come back.

Edit: and think about it for a second.. Kira, after Master Satele, is likely one of the strongest Jedi left after you disappear (including Nadia.. like I said I'd like her back too, but just stating fact.. Kira is likely in a different league now).. Jaesa likewise from a Sith perspective (especially if you went full DS with her..). I would hope they have a large part to play, and make an immediate impact

As for clues left over the last few chapters. I suspect Satele and Marr end up being there when Arcann and Senya eventually go back to ground, and are part of Arcann's redemption

Edited by Titokhan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So no mention that I saw of bringing back those companions who are still missing, for me, that's most notably Corso, but most of the others have ones they want back too, Kira, Elara, Risha, Doc, Akaavi, Ashara, etc. I am particularly frustrated that my poor girl has had to go through the entire FE story line without Corso, and even if she had him, he wouldn't be there on crucial missions. Aric was only on one mission with my trooper after she got him back. It's like he's barely there. I wish they'd address this! I want Corso back, and I want to play new content with him, not just the heroics you can replay. (Better than nothing, but still.)

Frankly there are a few I'd like to see remain on a "friends list" ... but not have return. Without retribution as a result of selecting some of the newer ones.

I have to admit there are a couple that I miss: Bowdar and Kira (for certain) .. Corso (if the dev team would liven his personality up a bit !)

Frankly there are a few I'd like to see remain on a "friends list" ... but not have return. Without retribution as a result of selecting some of the newer ones.

I have to admit there are a couple that I miss: Bowdar and Kira (for certain) .. Corso (if the dev team would liven his personality up a bit !)

You do know that Bowdar is back right?

• 1 month later...

This is my main concern, too. The romances and relationships are my favorite part of the game. I don't care so much about killing my 500 billionth sky trooper or swamp creature or whatever. What I like are the interaction cutscenes and the letters.

I'd like to see all the LI come back for everyone. I'd also like to see new romance dialogues and flirts for companions already back in the game - like Theron,Torian, and Aric.

I'll be really disappointed if KOTET doesn't offer anything in the way of new cutscenes for our characters' romances. New romance options would be nice, too, since some of my characters didn't go for the previous ones and I don't like romancing the same guy on multiple of my girls. For RP reasons, I think of my characters as allies and contemporaries. :)

This is my main concern, too. The romances and relationships are my favorite part of the game. I don't care so much about killing my 500 billionth sky trooper or swamp creature or whatever. What I like are the interaction cutscenes and the letters.

I'd like to see all the LI come back for everyone. I'd also like to see new romance dialogues and flirts for companions already back in the game - like Theron,Torian, and Aric.

I'll be really disappointed if KOTET doesn't offer anything in the way of new cutscenes for our characters' romances. New romance options would be nice, too, since some of my characters didn't go for the previous ones and I don't like romancing the same guy on multiple of my girls. For RP reasons, I think of my characters as allies and contemporaries. :)

Agree 100% QFT Going through with my main wasnt as fun without kira ---my alts also miss their wives to .

the only one that is somewhat happy atm is the trooper who romanced Lana

I was very disappointed they didn't put in all the romance conversation "quests" they had in the original

Agree 100% QFT Going through with my main wasnt as fun without kira ---my alts also miss their wives to .

the only one that is somewhat happy atm is the trooper who romanced Lana

I was very disappointed they didn't put in all the romance conversation "quests" they had in the original

I'd be happy with several letters from character's SO's after each chapter until the Companion's Chapter or Alert the companion is brought back is released (so if an alert, then until after the chapter the alert was released with is completed). Like letters where they still think we're gone, or missing. Or letters where they're on the run for being tied to us. Or letters where they're looking for us.

I haven't played my main(This one actually) since before the Betrayal chapter partly because of the loss of my Comps and now the game feels Empty, not like the game I wanted to play back when I joined. I also quit after several *Attempts to get Bowdaar back and at the I felt all the subsequent Comp retrieval missions would just be higher standards of gear. IF, the comps come back at some point I'll probably start with my main again but I haven't played that one since long ago (Tired of endless heroics repeating). I think its wrong to funnel every distinct class into a single "One size fits all" direction. Maybe this and the removal of the Companion Individualities (Now they're all the same, Imagine a protocol droid beating up a Wookie, Mandolorian or Sith??) .Downsizing SWTOR to make room for more KoTFE stories. Its quite a Dark story after all. I'm glad somebody mentioned the death toll that will come in this game; it seems many forgot/missed Satele's statement to Marr while overlooking the Odessan base "Its too bad so many will die" (or something very similar). When do we get the SWTOR back everybody wanted and not what we were funneled into?

You can get Bowdaar by just doing the first couple of fights, over and over. I was just able to get him by repeating the first few fights, tapping out at the terminal, and getting the solo mission back just this week. Bowdaar is by far the most difficult of the Alliance alerts, incidentally. The rest are much easier.

You can get Bowdaar by just doing the first couple of fights, over and over. I was just able to get him by repeating the first few fights, tapping out at the terminal, and getting the solo mission back just this week. Bowdaar is by far the most difficult of the Alliance alerts, incidentally. The rest are much easier.

Qyzen Fess (Thrandoshan) does take some effort and time to get.

Reach Rank 10 influence (10,000 influence) with Qyzen Fess by hunting creatures worthy of Jagannath and bring their trophies to Hoth or kill World Bosses.

If they only bring them back without any new story elements (cutscenes, dialogues, quests...) what is the point?

To do it properly, they would have to create 2 stories for every love interest like 1 for Kira with the JK and one for the other classes,then the same again for Mako and the BH and other classes and so on and so on for all love interests..I don't think that will happen (would love to be wrong though) .

They could even kill of a few others...Satele admits to sending plenty of Jedi to their deaths fighting against Zakuul. It makes sense Kira would have been sent to fight them so she could have fallen in battle or DS Jaesa who probably would have been fighting against Zakuul as well.

I just hope that the ones that do come back have some content to them other than just an alert or a story chapter

Reach Rank 10 influence (10,000 influence) with Qyzen Fess by hunting creatures worthy of Jagannath and bring their trophies to Hoth or kill World Bosses.

Tedium != Difficulty.

At any rate, there's something like 5 or 6 Worthy targets on the Icefall Plains. Head south from Qyzen to cross over into the Icefall plains, then bear Southeast along the edge of the Exhaustion zone until you're roughly to the second of the east-west roads, and follow that. Take the main road into Highmount Ridge, hunt a couple more up in the mountain just north of the Imp crossover point from Highmount Ridge into Glacial Fissure (near the area whene you make shockfrozen water. One more over by where the Gree Droids hang out in the Ship Graveyard (west side of the central crashed starship, all the way south). Then quick travel back to Qyzen, and lather, rinse, repeat. Change instances as necessary/prudent.

I'd be happy with several letters from character's SO's after each chapter until the Companion's Chapter or Alert the companion is brought back is released (so if an alert, then until after the chapter the alert was released with is completed). Like letters where they still think we're gone, or missing. Or letters where they're on the run for being tied to us. Or letters where they're looking for us.

My BH did get a sad letter from Mako . ..Never got anything from Kira though.

While I have overall really enjoyed KOTFE's focus on storytelling, one thing that does kind of bug me is the sheer volume of companions. There are so many companions from all the original class stories, plus the new ones introduced from Shadow of Revan and KOTFE itself. And so many are yet to be re-introduced! For the most part we don't really interact with these companions; they're like pets that occasionally shout a one-liner in battle.

Sometimes looking at my follower list, I'm reminded more of playing Pokemon than Star Wars ...

I guess my point is I'd rather lose most of the original companions if it meant I could explore more meaningful relationships with a select few, well-developed ones.

Except all your "Pokemon" in this case have the exact same skills and attacks lol

Took less than 30 minutes on the non-boss mobs. I did it on off-hours so I had no competition for mobs, picked one spawn area, and just hung killing other things while waiting for the respawn. For a planet like Hoth, that's neither tedious nor time consuming IMO.

As to the topic... I simply reclaimed my favorite class specific characters from the Alliance base. Sure.. I could wait and see, but if I really like them and wanted them, I reclaimed them. Wanting characters that are not part of your class stable... yeah.. gotta work for those.

Edited by Andryah

Only one though. After the events of after Chapter IX, we're doing stuff and travelling to planets, so I would have expectd some kind of "YOU'RE ALIVE?! COME FIND ME!" letter or something. Nope.

Give it up, it's hopeless. If only we had two high-ranking members of the most powerful intelligence organizations in the galaxy looking for them, huh.

I just hope that the ones that do come back have some content to them other than just an alert or a story chapter

I agree - if Quinn returns as an Alliance Alert rather than in a story with romance, I'm unsubbing and writing this game off, and then writing BioWare off as a whole. The LI's have always been my favorite part of BioWare games and with my character LI being absent for the whole of KOTFE, my patience for KOTET is paper-thin.