Dark Vs. Light Packs in the Cartel Market

EricMusco

Except a game that's not even rated M shouldn't promote gambling. I think
perfectly explains my opinion.

Yep you would think. And in fact the ESRB rates for that kind of thing. But sadly.....standards are being flushed down the toilet and being brushed aside for more progressing thinking. So this is what we get as a side effect.

Its the same thing that happened with the PG-13 rating in movies, was made to be a half way point between PG and R. (PG-13 didn't exist until 1984 as Red Dawn was the first movie to have it.) But today more and more content that should be in R rated films are seeping into PG-13 movies. Same thing with games.

So yes....you are correct in that rated T games should not promote gambling, but.....the ESRB rarely if ever goes back and rates a game after its been released, especially a online game, (hence why they just rate "Online interactions not rated by the ESRB") so if a game that didn't original have promoting gambling (as this game did not as the CM came out right before the 1st year anniversary) but then added it later.....would the ESRB know and then rate it as such?

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only decent announcement surrounding this event, BW, so I'll give credit where it's due: thank you. This still doesn't excuse these packs full of some of the most sought-after CM items being handed out wholesale, but at least most players will have to pay up and/or farm obscene amounts of credits like the rest of us to complete their sets.

An expected, but good announcement.

Its not true that all items from event packs unlock in collection. Armor does not unless you get and equip all pieces. For example I have a four of Darh Sion's armor pieces and that set is not in collection because its incomplete. Same with 4 other armor sets, I have 4 pieces.

The only decent announcement surrounding this event, BW, so I'll give credit where it's due: thank you. This still doesn't excuse these packs full of some of the most sought-after CM items being handed out wholesale, but at least most players will have to pay up and/or farm obscene amounts of credits like the rest of us to complete their sets.

An expected, but good announcement.

Well people can sell the items from cartel market packs, so the price should drop pretty quickly within the next few days.

Its not true that all items from event packs unlock in collection. Armor does not unless you get and equip all pieces. For example I have a four of Darh Sion's armor pieces and that set is not in collection because its incomplete. Same with 4 other armor sets, I have 4 pieces.

I'm thinking that even though they are BoP, the sets are not actually "BOUND" to your character yet, did you put them on? Try putting them on and then see. Just a idea I thought of reading your post. Hope it helps. :)

I am certainly annoyed that the items from the event are bind on pickup, especially since I have most of them (the fancy sabers and Revan gear are just too stupid for my tastes.)

Plus, the way its setup, my Sith Warrior has all of the Tulak Hord gear except the helmet. If my DvL character gets a helmet, too bad. Unless you can unlock a set by just having all the pieces equipped account wise instead of on a single character., and the rest of this gear I can only trash because I bothered to get it back then.

But by all means, lets sell perfectly useable sellable items from the CC market as they should've always been.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

Well people can sell the items from cartel market packs, so the price should drop pretty quickly within the next few days.

True, but the prices are currently only so inflated because the packs aren't available anymore. I don't expect they'll fall to below their pre-inflation prices, and I've advocated them bringing back the old packs for a while now to put these items back on the market legitimately.

Of course, this changes nothing about the packs being handed out to solo questers, thus devaluing our investment in the CM. As such I'll still be buying none of these packs, nor any CC ever again, as BW has made painfully clear how much they respect their high-paying customers.

Dark Vs. Light Event Packs

• All items unlock in collections

Musco, this doesn't seem to be the case. I got a Dark Weapon Tuning, and it's not in collections, and its not on a character I want it on. If you were going to include items that don't unlock in collections you should have made them BOL. At this point I guess it doesn't matter if you change it because I tried equipping it to see if it would unlock. I guess something to think about in the future.

Musco, this doesn't seem to be the case. I got a Dark Weapon Tuning, and it's not in collections, and its not on a character I want it on. If you were going to include items that don't unlock in collections you should have made them BOL. At this point I guess it doesn't matter if you change it because I tried equipping it to see if it would unlock. I guess something to think about in the future.

You are correct. It's my understanding that it's everything except the tunings, which honestly they should make clear. But you can move the tunings around in a Legacy weapon to the character you want it on.

You are correct. It's my understanding that it's everything except the tunings, which honestly they should make clear. But you can move the tunings around in a Legacy weapon to the character you want it on.

That's easy for tunings, but how about dyes? Are they bop too?

[EDIT]

To clarify, I mean the boxes that drop from the event, not the ones from CM

Edited by Tsetso

That's easy for tunings, but how about dyes? Are they bop too?

[EDIT]

To clarify, I mean the boxes that drop from the event, not the ones from CM

The boxes and their contents are BOP. Dyes can be put into legacy gear but they are destroyed if you try to remove them :(

The boxes and their contents are BOP. Dyes can be put into legacy gear but they are destroyed if you try to remove them :(

Thanks. So i just might throw away a black/black dye if i get one from the box. Brilliant design.

It looks as if the Cartel Market version of the Dark Vs. Light Packs have disappeared (although, Hypercrates are still available), and I was curious if they'll be returning?

Anyhow, I was planning on buying a few packs with my CC's, rather than dropping 1.5 million on a single pack from the GTN. Just outta' curiosity, were these packs only available for a "limited time" (basically a week or two)?

It looks as if the Cartel Market version of the Dark Vs. Light Packs have disappeared (although, Hypercrates are still available), and I was curious if they'll be returning?

Anyhow, I was planning on buying a few packs with my CC's, rather than dropping 1.5 million on a single pack from the GTN. Just outta' curiosity, were these packs only available for a "limited time" (basically a week or two)?

Did you check the "Popular" tab? I know they were still on that screen last night.

Sometimes that tab has items that aren't properly listed on the other categories (e.g. the Battlefield Commander set is on the Popular tab but nowhere to be found on the Equipment tab).

Did you check the "Popular" tab? I know they were still on that screen last night.

Sometimes that tab has items that aren't properly listed on the other categories (e.g. the Battlefield Commander set is on the Popular tab but nowhere to be found on the Equipment tab).

Ahh yes... thanks for the tip. I usually scour all the Cartel Market tabs / pages, but must've missed it. They are definitely still available in the 'Popular' section indeed - but are no longer found in the 'Packs' tab or anywhere else. Thanks again kind sir.

these pack worth it?

A lot of the Jedi/Sith themed sets are worth quite a bit of money. The pack can contain Satele's, Tulak Hord's, Sith Recluse, Revan Reborn, et al. It can contain all of the meditation chairs/command thrones, can even contain otherwise unobtainable things like the Aratech Eclipse. Nearly all of the most expensive armor sets, weapons, and mounts from the history of the CM can be found in the DvL pack.

So, as with any CM pack, it's a gamble if you get something good or not - but if you get something good, it's typically GOOD. Even the Reaver set, which I think might be bugged because it drops stupendously often (as in, I got six complete sets from a single hypercrate from the CM, and gods only know how many parts I deleted from my DvL event boxes) sells fairly well depending on server... the parts are worth about 700k-2.5M each depending on slot on my server.

Don't know if this has been said already, but in the dev post it says the items are supposed to unlock in collections.. I got the new revan reborn chest piece, equipped it, and it doesn't show up as items that I own, so would it only unlock if i got the other pieces too? It shows as grey in the list of 0/7 pieces when you hover over it.

Don't know if this has been said already, but in the dev post it says the items are supposed to unlock in collections.. I got the new revan reborn chest piece, equipped it, and it doesn't show up as items that I own, so would it only unlock if i got the other pieces too? It shows as grey in the list of 0/7 pieces when you hover over it.

that's a big 10-4 m8.

gotta have the complete set in order to be able to unlock it in collections with ccs.

would have thought that it would unlock piece by piece as well though, like if i get one piece at a time, it would light up one more in the 0/7 place, but thanks for responding.

I don't mean be able to claim one piece at a time, just to see how many pieces you have unlocked, doesn't seem to work on the dark vs light packs at least.

Edited by MoyaSP

I sort of sub-consciously saw the packs for what they were a long time ago and just hardly ever bought them as I weighed what I would get for the price and how much I would get resale. IMO most of the stuff in the packs just weren't that good, the mounts, the armor, the weapons... none really piqued my interest. Or the ones that did were gold or platnum with no chance of actually getting (I've learned to live with bad luck).

On occasion I would chance a pack for the items that aren't advertised (I wish they were) like decorations or rep tokens. But still have a hard time throwing down the CCs not only not knowing what decos are available in the pack but not knowing I'll even get one.

In other words, deco packs and rep packs would be nice. There are a few rep items on those guys in the Bazaar I'd like with no way to get rep with them... anymore.

I don't mean anything bad about saying this but.. remember that the CM is just fluff. It's all cosmetic. You can get some pretty good things without ever using it. I'll admit there are a few things that irk me now. Like taking the level gated customizables away from the fleet vendors where there are only mods now. I'm not sure if they are still on the planet vendors because I haven't looked lately but I don't remember seeing them at casual glances.

Obviously, to get you interested in the CM the 'cooler' armors and weapons will be available there only. Truthfully, the cooler armors are when you take sets apart and customize your own but that means you have to buy a few different sets or the pieces in the GTN and not have them unlocked for legacy. For instance, I bought two Freedon Nadd chest pieces because it's the only part of the suit I wanted and I wanted it on two characters. The rest of the set is just too expensive to try to collect and unlock it... at least for pieces I'll never use.

I'm not trying to put a bandaid on a severed hand but I am trying to put these packs into a bit of perspective without saying "if you disagree with them, just don't buy them".

On the other hand, I do agree that EAware 'should' not be as underhanded as they are and have been with these packs for a while now. IMO leaving out vital or useful information is akin to lying. Those who say it's ok to not say something pertinent to the situation because someone didn't ask specifically about it or to 'mislead' thoughts is BS.