You're geniuses BW

thetooty

i had a giggle today

made two characters for this event and got them past korriban and typhon. strangely enough during that entire time, and while on the fleet and leveling through dk, i counted two or so complaints about the event. one of those was someone asking if the rewards were worth it

this was on ebon hawk btw. was in a third instance cause it was so nicely populated

it's almost as if individuals on the forums don't represent the actual playerbase O:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for all the **** I gave you on the DvL event BW. You guys are amazing. Do you know how many people were on tython today on BERG alone? Over 250. And this is gonna keep going. These new players will become vets before we know it and que times will go up, player activity will go up, money for the game will go up and then you guys will have the money to fix all the problems we keep whining about. All the problems we have talked about on these servers will be solved before you know it. So who cares if the vets have less to do on this event than anyone? This could be the comeback of the century. All that time of people saying the game is dead and now it's coming back faster than ever. Once again BW, you guys are geniuses, Thank you for bringing back the game I love.

nice bait tho

4/10 just because you tried to take that amount of players and make as if a good part of them were actually new players, when its a bunch of subs for the majority. good try tho.

I think it's a bit early to jump to conclusions. The event has been going on for less than twenty-four hours. I believe that even Bioware is still missing some crucial data up until the end of this week. It's too early to praise something until you know that the long-term revenue has gone up, many of those players are returning or new players, and that most of these players will actually stick around.

It's way too early to jump to conclusions about the overall success of Light vs Dark.

i had a giggle today

made two characters for this event and got them past korriban and typhon. strangely enough during that entire time, and while on the fleet and leveling through dk, i counted two or so complaints about the event. one of those was someone asking if the rewards were worth it

this was on ebon hawk btw. was in a third instance cause it was so nicely populated

it's almost as if individuals on the forums don't represent the actual playerbase O:

Nobody said that there wouldnt be people playing it. The numbers show there are many people rolling alts just for this silly event. You wouldnt expect people ignoring this event only to join the starter areas to bash the event, right?

Thing is, the majority of the playerbase is easily distracted by anything that resembles a pooppickle on a stick, this event wouldnt be different - the difference is, this time they did not consider people dedicated to their mains and those that rolled already way too many characters.

Thing is, the majority of the playerbase is easily distracted by anything that resembles a pooppickle on a stick, this event wouldnt be different - the difference is, this time they did not consider people dedicated to their mains and those that rolled already way too many characters.

Truth be told? If I wasn't already planning to roll a female Jedi for quite some time, I would probably not even bother in any way. I think this event has a good theoretical idea behind it (Taking decisions into account), but the execution has some major flaws in them. The same goes for the character server thing. There's no way I'd spent money on character unlocks outside of my monthly grant. I don't see why I should pay extra to participate in this event.

You realize the powers that be, will zero in on this thread, read the first post, and then pat themselves on the back for a job well done on Thursday's twitch right? :rolleyes:

This was my exact thoughts I can't wait for that stupid comment by them telling themselves how great they are. SMH. :(

Nobody said that there wouldnt be people playing it. The numbers show there are many people rolling alts just for this silly event. You wouldnt expect people ignoring this event only to join the starter areas to bash the event, right?

my post wasn't intended to show that people were actually participating in the event, but to show how most players aren't as flustered as the forums would suggest

not gonna get into talking about this SLAP TO THE FACE (lmao) bc there's enough posts for both sides. just gonna say though that as a 5 year player i'm not that upset. i don't mind deleting all my unused characters i made just for muh legendary status.

i had a giggle today

Harb and pub side player here... I been uh.. playing... a lot... today... more than I would like to mention, and through almost all of my time on fleet when I was waiting for a pop, their was complaints EVERYWHERE about the event. Their was a few who liked it but a lot of people were complaining about the rise of CM prices and deduction of credits from heroics as well.

Harb and pub side player here... I been uh.. playing... a lot... today... more than I would like to mention, and through almost all of my time on fleet when I was waiting for a pop, their was complaints EVERYWHERE about the event. Their was a few who liked it but a lot of people were complaining about the rise of CM prices and deduction of credits from heroics as well.

played on harb once a few months ago. too toxic for me nty. i guess that's the downside of being more populated.

different environments i guess O:

In two weeks they'll all be gone. Good thing too, EAware apparently didn't bother to think how much strain their aged hamsters would be under with everyone showing up on reduced servers. Nothing like having to hammer the space bar in flashpoints to get it to register and deal with ability delays while questing because the wheezing server can't keep up.

This was my exact thoughts I can't wait for that stupid comment by them telling themselves how great they are. SMH. :(

Exactly, it's almost like a thing with them. And then to appease us they come and post...oh we're reading, and we'll address it, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to change anything though.

Exactly, it's almost like a thing with them. And then to appease us they come and post...oh we're reading, and we'll address it, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to change anything though.
I am reminded of a Mad Magazine thing (circa 1980?) about quotes for movie posters. Critics would publish scathing comments about the movie ...

Critic A: "What a humongous pile of poo!"

Critic B: "I'm amazed anyone would think this crap was worth filming!"

Critic C: "The entire film was out of focus ... not an enjoyable experience!"

Then the movie poster would include "quotes" from those critics:

"Humongous!" - Critic A

"I'm amazed!" - Critic B

"An enjoyable experience!" - Critic C

I am reminded of a Mad Magazine thing (circa 1980?) about quotes for movie posters. Critics would publish scathing comments about the movie ...

Critic A: "What a humongous pile of poo!"

Critic B: "I'm amazed anyone would think this crap was worth filming!"

Critic C: "The entire film was out of focus ... not an enjoyable experience!"

Then the movie poster would include "quotes" from those critics:

"Humongous!" - Critic A

"I'm amazed!" - Critic B

"An enjoyable experience!" - Critic C

That's quite funny actually :D

In two weeks they'll all be gone. Good thing too, EAware apparently didn't bother to think how much strain their aged hamsters would be under with everyone showing up on reduced servers. Nothing like having to hammer the space bar in flashpoints to get it to register and deal with ability delays while questing because the wheezing server can't keep up.

Yeah, I think it will be nice to review this thread in a months time and see how many people go to Belsavis and went you know what **** this.

I created a character I didn't complain in game got to level 12 now and said you know what I can't be bothered. Its just a grind and lots of space baring and for what a character I will delete at the end who may get some gloves, belts and emotes. The reason I'm not complaining in game is, I don't think the devs are playing this game ever. Now if I was playing WOW I might be able to let them know what I thought, or and this is novel I can use the forums.

Right?! It had to be I thought lol...but I think he's actually serious...my mind is blown...

Well, I have a metric that maybe Bioware would like to know, I haven't actually logged into the game since last week.

Well, I have a metric that maybe Bioware would like to know, I haven't actually logged into the game since last week.

I know...the game misses you :( On the other hand...it's a great time to level new toons :D

The last time I logged into SWTOR, the NHL playoffs hadn't even started. I considered logging in just to keep my guilded guys "active" (i.e., avoid the thirty-days-absent penalties). But, meh. I will start playing again after the summer ... unless they offer some activity that inspires me to cut short my vacation from SWTOR.

I wonder how much fun René Goscinny would have had lampooning silly business decisions with a Gaul named "Metrix"

The last time I logged into SWTOR, the NHL playoffs hadn't even started. I considered logging in just to keep my guilded guys "active" (i.e., avoid the thirty-days-absent penalties). But, meh. I will start playing again after the summer ... unless they offer some activity that inspires me to cut short my vacation from SWTOR.

Yeah, I do this from time to time also. no sense in burning out, plus plenty of other games to play, and shopping, I probably shouldn't go shopping, but I live next to a mall, so yeah, shopping. i didn't play for about 6 months a while back, not like it's going anywhere, well, um, maybe it is, erm, hope not.

Well I made a new Consular, and saw a lot of people on Tython. Its been a while since I've been to Tython so I don't know if it's more or less than usual, but it was fun.

Even made a poem contest with credit rewards and got participants. Winning Haiku was really good :)

There was a topic of the event and some people were bashing it, but roughly the same number of people were happy with it.

Several new, clueless people also were present. Sadly one of them was named Obi-Wan on an rp server :mad:

So IMO the event was a pretty good idea, not sure why exactly so many people here whine about it

Ha! I love this event, I am a Founder, sub fro the beginning, veteran - but ppl I have a LIFE! I made till now only 3 characters to the latest chapter!!! So I no have opportunity to finish some new toons during event. All whiners - well, this is not BW fault that you did everything in this game and you are bored. I know - they should think about all of you too. But really - there is real life too. If you played all the time I am not surprised you are bored!

Ha! I love this event, I am a Founder, sub fro the beginning, veteran - but ppl I have a LIFE! I made till now only 3 characters to the latest chapter!!! So I no have opportunity to finish some new toons during event. All whiners - well, this is not BW fault that you did everything in this game and you are bored. I know - they should think about all of you too. But really - there is real life too. If you played all the time I am not surprised you are bored!
This isn't a case of someone speeding through new content, finishing it within 24 hours of release, then complaining there's nothing to do. SWTOR asks us to repeat content many players completed years ago. Many of us did so without playing every day ... or even every week. I personally have taken frequent breaks from SWTOR for several months at a time ... and am still Legendary (and have achieved other achievements necessary for this event).

Plus there is the aspect of asking us to repeat content we don't enjoy. For me, that includes leveling another Trooper. I clenched my mouth, held the bile within, and reached 50 on a Trooper to unlock Legendary about two years ago. Never again. I can say the same for Warrior and Knight. Just not my cup of tea. Having completed those ordeals once, I'm not eager for a second time around. So, yeah, this event is not for me. Which is fine. I wish it was for me ... but it ain't. So be it.

For me, that includes leveling another Trooper. I clenched my mouth, held the bile within, and reached 50 on a Trooper to unlock Legendary about two years ago. Never again

Hey....what's wrong with Troopers? I have 3 65 Troopers...it's the one class I actually enjoy creating...and Sorc...but don't tell anyone.