Petition: Retroactive For Dark Vs Light Event For Veteran Players and...

DarthEnrique

Its not so much a slap in the face as it is a kick in the crotch...wearing cleats.

...Did.... did.... did Ivan just capitalize the first letter in his statement... my friends... the world is ending... aliens... aliens.... have... have taken over.

Edited by peter_plankskull

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Signed

Also I encourage those of you not happy with this to not resub so they see we really mean business. I will not resub until I can do the event with my main character or those achievements my main character did are counted. I have 0 interest in replaying the same old content I already played many times. Now those of you that are ok with it. that's great you do not have to do anything. However I will not renew my subscription because of a few pointers.

1. It doesn't matter if I need 1-2, or 8 toons, I will not make another because I already have one of each class.

2. I will also not erease any of my toons or buy any extra toon slots.

3. When I leveled up my toons a few years back I was in school with a lot of free time to play. Nowa days I have a family, a job and a life. there is no way I will do that again just because the devs refuse to make new content.

4. It's time that us the players that have been in this game for a long time be recognized, not by given anything extra, but recognized as to the fact that if we already did something we should get credit for it. Not just overlooked and not counted.

I'm afraid there's a mistake in the name of this thread .You call bunch of time-gated achievements for old content "event". It's not. It's bunch of time-gated achievements for old content. The only reason it's not retroactive like all other achievements are is becouse Biofail is unable to retroactively calculate LS/DS decisions. Edited by Frenesi

The only reason it's not retroactive like all other achievements are is becouse Biofail is unable to retroactively calculate LS/DS decisions.

Can you further elaborate on this cause I'm not sure I quite understand how they can't as there are several heroics, fps and what not currently in existence that they are pulling into this that have dark and light sided choices that the player can make. Best example I can think of right now is the Mandalorian Raiders where you choose the dark side to kill them or a light side to spare them. Not a hard thing to calculate not mention a look at all players legacy can tell you where their light or dark sided choices lie. I for instance have gotten all the way to Dark side 5 and have the achievement for that. I have also gotten to Light side 4. Not hard to tally really if they can check their systams and players accounts. I may be misunderstanding so please elaborate if I've missed something...

Already cancelled my sub at this point after seeing this non-event, spending the summer re-running old content I have already run enough times to have all 8 classes finished to 65 and up to date in KoTFE is not my idea of engaging, entertaining content. I would find going through yet again on 8 more toons utterly boring. The shinies do not make the boredom go away. Just a matter of time until my sub here runs out. I have better things to do than the event, like play a game with fresh content that will actually be entertaining. Edited by Velgar

/not_signed.......... Is that a thing? hehe

I disagree with making it retroactive. What would be the point of making an event with achievements to be earned participating in the event if people can complete over 50% of them just by logging in? That's just stupid. This is an event designed around two things: creating a new character for all those achievements and getting as many DS/LS conversation points as possible. Complain about having max chars on a server and not being able to make any more (why you have that many is beyond me, and I'm sure you don't play them all anyway so deleting a least used one and remaking it is hardly the end of the world), complain about not being able to use your already existing chars to participate in the DS/LS points deal (can you? or is it only the new chars? anyway). But the rest? Come on, it's like everyone just wants instant gratification or something.

STO has done the same thing in the past, and one soon to happen again. I don't see their forums raging about not being able to "participate" in the upcoming event which is designed around creating a new character to go through the new content being released because they can't use their max level max gear characters. Sure we don't have any new content to go through with our event but same thing.

Signed

The event is useless, most stuff has already been done, maybe not make it complete done already but make it so any character people have can join. Redoing the complete thing seems useless to me.

They rather reroll stuff than give new content and only make false promises.

Redoing the complete game, seriously? Can't you make a seperate event that focusses on the choices of the people. So far I've read, the only thing that depends on the "light and dark" idea is the fact that you make choices in conversation that go to the total endgame score and depending on that those who did it get a specific companion?

That doesn't seem like much light and dark to me. Make something new! Something that actually seems Dark Vs Light...

I disagree with making it retroactive. What would be the point of making an event with achievements to be earned participating in the event if people can complete over 50% of them just by logging in?

This:

Already cancelled my sub at this point after seeing this non-event, spending the summer re-running old content I have already run enough times to have all 8 classes finished to 65 and up to date in KoTFE is not my idea of engaging, entertaining content. I would find going through yet again on 8 more toons utterly boring. The shinies do not make the boredom go away. Just a matter of time until my sub here runs out. I have better things to do than the event, like play a game with fresh content that will actually be entertaining.

and others like it should be a good enough reason to do so. Or you not caring that we are losing players left and right?

Signed

The event is useless, most stuff has already been done, maybe not make it complete done already but make it so any character people have can join. Redoing the complete thing seems useless to me.

They rather reroll stuff than give new content and only make false promises.

Redoing the complete game, seriously? Can't you make a seperate event that focusses on the choices of the people. So far I've read, the only thing that depends on the "light and dark" idea is the fact that you make choices in conversation that go to the total endgame score and depending on that those who did it get a specific companion?

That doesn't seem like much light and dark to me. Make something new! Something that actually seems Dark Vs Light...

I don't like it but that is the content model SWTOR is under now. The focus is on seasons now and looks to be that way ongoing. What false promises are you referring to?

I don't like it but that is the content model SWTOR is under now. The focus is on seasons now and looks to be that way ongoing. What false promises are you referring to?

So far I don't feel like the choices really matter in the new content... Some comps leave or so but nothing that truely seems to matter, that actually totally changes. Basicly an every choice matters like ME 3 thing, that feeling is what I got at the moment.

Light, Dark, Neutrale... All seems to play out the same so far.

Can you further elaborate on this cause I'm not sure I quite understand how they can't as there are several heroics, fps and what not currently in existence that they are pulling into this that have dark and light sided choices that the player can make. Best example I can think of right now is the Mandalorian Raiders where you choose the dark side to kill them or a light side to spare them. Not a hard thing to calculate not mention a look at all players legacy can tell you where their light or dark sided choices lie. I for instance have gotten all the way to Dark side 5 and have the achievement for that. I have also gotten to Light side 4. Not hard to tally really if they can check their systams and players accounts. I may be misunderstanding so please elaborate if I've missed something...

I think it would be hard because they may not be able to, at this very moment, calculate how many LS and DS points have been "realistically" made. Even if they did that would include people that maxed DS and then chose to go the opposite and max LS and then go back to DS; or LS to DS and back to LS of course. Their number may even include points from diplomacy missions; both of which would skew their numbers significantly.

So far I don't feel like the choices really matter in the new content... Some comps leave or so but nothing that truely seems to matter, that actually totally changes. Basicly an every choice matters like ME 3 thing, that feeling is what I got at the moment.

I agree with that. I'm disappointed that choices don't mean much. To be honest, I'm pretty disappointed in KOTFE in general. Most of the stories don't make sense unless you are a force user.

I think its actually worse than not mattering. Choices have already been made in some circumstances due to the design.

Take Kaliyo. You can kill her. I didn't, she is actually one of my favorite companions (don't mock). But because anyone CAN kill her, then she will never be central to the story again. She can't be, they cant write a story that has her in it and then write another one that uses someone else for those who have killed her, they do not have the resources.

So even for those of us who don;t want to kill her, she has still been effectively removed. Same for Aric Jordan and whoever else we can dispose of in future episodes.

On the topic at hand, the petition is pointless, but I have been here since launch. I'm not rolling another 8 toons for content. They needed some kind of compromise for existing players. There is not one and there won't be one, so it will be an 'event' I don't take part in.

After reading into how this event works, I really think that the 8 level 50s for legendary should certainly be retroactive.

The rest of the tier is set up where you create one new character and acomplish all these goals while choosing either dark or light options.

There is a ton of stuff to do and even as a veteran player since launch, I am fine with rolling a character and doing these tiers, seems fun.

The idea of rerolling on each class is just plain stupid when I am sitting on 21 charaters already.

I know I could level and then delete them at 50, but what a gigantic waste of time that is.

Here is the tiers if you want to read how it all works, and most all of it is done with just one toon...aside from the thrown in "all 8 classes to 50" quest

http://dulfy.net/2016/06/23/swtor-light-vs-dark-event-info-guide/#Heroic_Level_Guide

So just check it out.

Let our legacy stuff count for that one thing, i have all 14 of 16 classes at 65 already....(not a sentinal/marauder fan)

Edited by kirorx

Definitely NOT signed.

If they make changes they need to redo the whole event to suit the "masses" whilst still keeping it fair for all, not make it retroactive for players that have done a lot of the content thus making them gain an unfair advantage over others.

petition: Retroactive for dark vs light event for veteran players and players who have already done part of the achievements and allow people who fall short of legendary player to get it with currently active characters.

Also, make items inside the darkvlight packs bind on-equip not bind on-pickup as they are cartel market items.

It's fair to all. Sign below.

Side note: Surprised this petition hasn't been started.

/sign

Definitely NOT signed.

If they make changes they need to redo the whole event to suit the "masses" whilst still keeping it fair for all, not make it retroactive for players that have done a lot of the content thus making them gain an unfair advantage over others.

It's not an unfair advantage if we've already done the work. It's an unfair disadvantage if we don't get credit for the work we've already done.

It's not an unfair advantage if we've already done the work. It's an unfair disadvantage if we don't get credit for the work we've already done.

You GOT credit for the work you did--WHEN you did it.

Do you expect to be paid a second time for work you did a year ago and were paid for doing WHEN you did it?