Petition: Retroactive For Dark Vs Light Event For Veteran Players and...

DarthEnrique

A reasonable compromise would be that the retroactive achievements wouldn't count until after your did the light and dark character runs to level 50/chapter 3 completion and one through KofTE.

^This! Once we get to 65 on a new Imp and Pub, kick in the other achievements we've already earned.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess: No.

We'll know when the patch notes are released, though. If they haven't responded before then, don't expect a response ever.

You're right. It's pretty sad too. I'm sure they wonder why their forums are so toxic. The simple answer is that they DON'T manage it. They don't have any kind of dialogue whatsoever. Once a month stroke fests and sporadic drive by postings isn't "management" of the community.

The fact we need to make a petition for this to be done means they don't care about the vets, just the new players.

Which is so short sighted it's sad, this game is already THE poster child for needlessly restrictive F2P model, any forum that asks if the new MMO of the month has to be played as a sub asks "is the F2P as bad as SWTOR?". This game has nothing but the name Star Wars going for it, there are tons of better and real "F2P" MMOs out there now.

The word of mouth of this game is already horrible, now they're clearly pandering to new players with no thought to the vets, said vets being the only ones still defending this game and giving it positive reviews and recommending it to new players.

I don't see how they can think this event is a good idea as implemented, it's the dumbest way they could look to hook new players: by basically making sure vets leave...

by basically making sure vets leave...

That make a lot of assumptions there. Until you can provide an accurate tally of vets that left vs vets that stayed you can make no assumptions on how big of an impact the vets that leave will have.

Besides, any vet that leaves that still has a standing subscription for 3, maybe even 2, or more months means their "departure:" is irrelevant in the short term. And of these vets that do leave, it is statistically likely that they will eventually return when new content drops.

Basically, all we can do is speculate.

That make a lot of assumptions there. Until you can provide an accurate tally of vets that left vs vets that stayed you can make no assumptions on how big of an impact the vets that leave will have.

Besides, any vet that leaves that still has a standing subscription for 3, maybe even 2, or more months means their "departure:" is irrelevant in the short term. And of these vets that do leave, it is statistically likely that they will eventually return when new content drops.

What new content? This game hasn't had any group content in what? Over a year or so? Right now SWTOR Is a sub to play single player RPG with no mods...

Also "Besides, any vet that leaves that still has a standing subscription for 3, maybe even 2, or more months means their "departure:" is irrelevant in the short term. " Well yeah it's irrelevant in the short term, as any shortsighted fool will agree.

Long term is what keeps a game alive thou...

Not really I know some vets that had month to month sub so they could cancel easier and stop the payment sooner.

Mine is month to month and so is my boyfriends just in case....

Edited by casirabit

Whats important guys is that for ever Vet that feels cheat by this 100 mythical new players will appear to enjoy the event.

These mythical new players found the content boring or the game play uninspired, but by offering a list of achievement and some cartel market rewards they have changed their mind completely. The story is now an in depth account of life in a galaxy far far away and the cool down management combat is responsive and dynamic making it feel like you are really in a lightsaber duel. All because there is a list of achievements and some cosmetic gear!

Whats more everyone knows mythical new players always subscribe for 3 years and purchase 100 cartel hypercreates each month! Such wealth one might wonder why the lure of 5 cosmetic chance cubes was such a lure...

Actually come to think of it I have never seen this mythical new player. I'm starting to think of a problem with this event and who its aimed at. You know I'm starting to think maybe it should have been aimed at loyal customers not imaginary people. I wonder if anyone at the EAware office has realized that its probably a bad idea.

Not really I know some vets that had month to month sub so they could cancel easier and stop the payment sooner.

Mine is month to month and so is my boyfriends just in case....

As I've often said, one's commitment to any MMO should be no greater than one's commitment to relationships. That way, if your MMO has "put on some unsightly pounds," it's easier to move on. A monthly subscription makes perfect sense for a MMO ... and for a boyfriend. :cool:

Whats important guys is that for ever Vet that feels cheat by this 100 mythical new players will appear to enjoy the event.

These mythical new players found the content boring or the game play uninspired, but by offering a list of achievement and some cartel market rewards they have changed their mind completely. The story is now an in depth account of life in a galaxy far far away and the cool down management combat is responsive and dynamic making it feel like you are really in a lightsaber duel. All because there is a list of achievements and some cosmetic gear!

Whats more everyone knows mythical new players always subscribe for 3 years and purchase 100 cartel hypercreates each month! Such wealth one might wonder why the lure of 5 cosmetic chance cubes was such a lure...

Actually come to think of it I have never seen this mythical new player. I'm starting to think of a problem with this event and who its aimed at. You know I'm starting to think maybe it should have been aimed at loyal customers not imaginary people. I wonder if anyone at the EAware office has realized that its probably a bad idea.

You forgot the { and the } :)

/signed

I get that this event is aimed at newbies but still, nothing for the long timers?

Like every other event ever...... the rewards. Nobody has the rewards yet, and not unless they do the event sequence, be they new players or 5 year veterans.

Now.. seeing the rewards as not worth the effort... totally fair personal perspective to take. I, for example, do not see the Legendary rewards to be worth the extreme effort.. so I won't chase them. But all the rest are interesting enough to put in the modest effort required to gain them over the event period. The key for me is to pace myself and do a little each day so that I don't get event burn out.

Edited by Andryah

Like every other event ever...... the rewards. Nobody has the rewards yet, and not unless they do the event sequence, be they new players or 5 year veterans.

Now.. seeing the rewards as not worth the effort... totally fair personal perspective to take. I, for example, do not see the Legendary rewards to be worth the extreme effort.. so I won't chase them. But all the rest are interesting enough to put in the modest effort required to gain them over the event period. The key for me is to pace myself and do a little each day so that I don't get event burn out.

You really believe all this, don't you? I liked you better when you were gone.

No, this event is not about if you can do all of the objectives, that's already been proven with your current achievements. It's about whether you can do it within a set timeframe. That's why rewards shouldn't be retroactive, it wouldn't make sense at all.

No, this event is not about if you can do all of the objectives, that's already been proven with your current achievements. It's about whether you can do it within a set timeframe. That's why rewards shouldn't be retroactive, it wouldn't make sense at all.

Logic has no place here.

So what?

It's an event that can't be done with existing characters, requires many players to buy slots or delete characters or start over from scratch on a new server, and pushes players to blow through or skip past story and character content despite the game's supposed renewed focus on story and character.

No, this event is not about if you can do all of the objectives, that's already been proven with your current achievements. It's about whether you can do it within a set time frame. That's why rewards shouldn't be retroactive, it wouldn't make sense at all.

That is a great point. These people complaining have had years to get their characters to where they are time being no factor. Now time is a factor. It's a race, and they are asking for a shortcut to the finish.

Back during the days on the war against Corporate Imperial EA, I once use to ask myself "How in the world can Call of Duty be the best selling FPS when you compare it to battlefield? or even Halo with its cheap req points, surely it can't be different than supply drops." That day is no longer, for once I gazed upon this thread, seeing people defend such a business model, my question was answered.