Somthing is up with Revenge Hypercrates.

Lagboot

I am an avid Hypercrate buyer and opener. I have opened Hypercrates since from day one of their release. I normally open anywhere from 8 to 12 Hypercrates per release. So I get a very good range of ratios and drop rates from these packs.

I was willing to look the other way (mostly with reluctance and skepticism) with the introduction of the "Chance Cubes" in the latest packs. The Plunderer, Visionary, Disavowed and Anarchist were not too bad given that 30% of the time I got chance cubes. I also got a good amount of regular bronze armors, silver and gold’s. I did find a nitch where I could sell them, unopened, and make a small fortune. This was good. Unfortunately it took nearly triple the normal amount of Hypercrates to get the items I actually wanted and also wanted to sell for profit. I was mostly ok with this.

Now my real problem:

The Revenge pack is either broken or just plain set up to screw the buyer. I say this from this week’s experience with them. I do not attribute this to RNG. There is a huge difference in these packs with what actually is dropping from each individual crate.

50% of my Revenge Hypercrates were a mix of companion gifts, Jawa junk and maybe chance cube or 2. Only a few armors, a handful of decos, and very few mounts. Very few gold’s with an average of 2 per pack. Down from an average of 3-4+ per previous Hypercrate. Now I did get a Tuning (which is plat I think), but we all know this latest one is poop.

I am only posting this because I feel that this latest "Revenge" cartel pack is either broken or has been deliberately set up to drop less than previous packs. There is definatly something "different" with this Revenge pack.

So, I will spend the rest of my 50,000 cartel coins I have left on a few more Hypercrates and sell all the all chance cubes so I can get the items I want. I do not have any regrets, not butthurt and know how to get what I want without being a big baby. Who knows, I may get some good RNG and not have to worry? But I am seeing a trend of having to spend more and more at the store to get items I want out of these Hypercrates. Actual Mount, outfit, weapon, and gold drop rates are less and less.

RNG is RNG? I don't doubt that you regularly buy hypercrates but it's possible you just got insanely unlucky. I haven't noticed anything different with this pack.

I bought 3 hypercrates I received

2 Defiant Vented Dualsaber's (platinum)

Wicked Huntress Set (all 3 crates plus an additional Upper Body)(Gold)

Commander Vizla's Upper Body (gold)

Vectron Enforcer mount (gold)

Damaged Weapon Tuning (gold)

3 Mando War Tents (Gold Deco's)

2 other gold deco's that were lightsaber things

For silver I got

Full Duststorm survivor set

Wasteland Raider Upper and Lower body armor

Additional 8 crates of silver armor

All silver weapons

Additional 8 silver weapons

2 different pets

3 additional pets (copies)

All silver mounts

2 extra mounts

All 4 crystals (with like 10 extra)

Maybe got more chance cubes than usual but did pull a Darth Malgus Holostatue, Reaver Armor, and Extrovert Armor out of them among the usual dross.

sadly i really hope no real cash was spent. this only feeds into the idea that they are producing a good gaming experience. with that OP, its called gambling and what is worse is they can change odds how they want the outcome so always in the house favor. just saying

Pretty much the same as JDiablos. Got some decent stuff (mounts, armor, a tuning, pets, chance cubes and the usual emotes, dyes and titles).

It's pure RNG. Sometimes you get a whack of good stuff, usually you get a mix and sometimes you get less than wonderful.

I bought one hypercrate, got pretty much garbage. Got a couple of decos, a pet, two complete armor sets and 4 old bronze mounts from the chance cubes. Of the new stuff I got two of the crystals x4, 2 scorched chemlizards, 3 of the dual sabers with the laser sight, 2 different pets x2. Full set of the duststorm armor which i won't be using. I kind of feel if the chance cubes hadn't been in it I would have gotten two of the same mount and pets, three of the same crappy weapon... and... that's pretty much it. Giving me multiples gives me something to try and sell, but.... it doesn't feel like I got much when it was all duplicated and the overall take becomes insignificant.

On the up side Pierce looks decent in the Eidelon's armor. It feels to me like they've drastically lowered the drop rate for new armors. My bank used to be full of the crappy armor after a hypercrate or two. Now? Not so much.

Edit: I got a couple of those mandalorian banners and 3 standing soldiers too for decorations and one blue light. That was ok. But out of about 5 eligible hypercrates I have still yet to get a tuning.

Edited by Rantank

My chance cube rate was at least 50%, based on 2 item slots in a pack and a hypercrate being 30 packs so a potential max items list off a hypercrate being 60 items (2 x 30 obviously).

Now in the 2 hypercrates I got the first was well over in fact I got 38 chance cubes, the only reason I got a second was the fact I picked up a weapons tuning from the hypercrate so I felt lucky. The second one granted me 28 chance cubes slightly lower than 50%.

So overall I did not do too badly from this I basically ended up with:-

2 x Weapons tunings

1 x lightsaber

1 x full set of each silver set

I only got 1 piece each of the wicked huntress and vizla set

several mounts (not sure what these will be worth

Usual decorations and gift, but I got several of the 'gold' decorations from this pack

Now as for the chance cubes I felt it was ok for what I got, it was mostly mounts and deco's (a lot of mounts I did not have) a few armour sets that while not worth much they were not ones I had and 1 Decoration from the older packs which was the CKZ sandcrawler one, I check GTN last night and could only see 1 listed at 12.5M I will keep my eye on this as I am not sure if that is the actual value of the item or a 'hopeful' listing.

There is definatly something "different" with this Revenge pack.

The crossguard saber is whats different. I wouldn't be surprised if they put the drop rate on it so low to get all those pack sales. Good business tactic imo, but a lot of people will gamble more than they need to.

The curse of Small Sample Size.

It takes a HUGE sample size to be able to pick out patterns. I'd start with a minimum of observation over a thousand hypercrates. OTherwise you're just looking at possible statistical anomalies

100% Agreed this is BS. I got a bunch because I want the mando stuff. I was so excited just for the mando stuff.

14ish boxes

-A few pieces of the sand armor

- gun

- double blade thing (metal)

- 1 Mando NPC (YEA)

- 1 Large Mando Banner (YEA)

- 2 mounts (both I think silver)

A useless bunch of-

chance cubes

new red stones

other junk no one wants to buy

wont complain because its useful

companion gifts

jawa junk

SERIOUSLY. *** BIOWARE.

Also, I get I'm taking a risk buying this stuff. But these packs have become so horribly effed up compared to the old ones its not funny, at all. This is complete BS

Something is definitely up. Either they've lost their minds or there's a bug.

Here's what I got out of the big 'ol set of packs...

* One Imperial Crimson crystal

* Wicked Huntress Lower armor set (I hate when they come in 3 packs, what happened to the promise they'd be released in full sets now?)

* 6 rank five companion gifts (only rank 5!)

* A bunch of chance cubes

* The usual pile of Jawa scraps and junk

That's it. No really, that's it. Two items from the new set, rank 5 companion gifts, chance cubes, and Jawa tidbits.

sadly i really hope no real cash was spent. this only feeds into the idea that they are producing a good gaming experience. with that OP, its called gambling and what is worse is they can change odds how they want the outcome so always in the house favor. just saying

Dude you nailed it. All this silly flash an pets and goofy **** is considered GREAT production of a MMORPG.

It is actually the other way...LOOK at all the money garbage to keep those simple minded humans brain washed we are making a great product. Swtor has the bag on junk armor sets. 50% of the weapons all look the same different names maybe even a color change same gun though.

Lightsabers....we have more lightsabers then ever existed in the EU and cannon now.

Speeders....that one we got...a stretched version of speeders in the game since launch omg....

look i know they need mind washed cartel coin buyers...since they cant get to many to PAY to play...though i do....

since launch...

Hate to mention this but I dont recall World of Warcraft having to sell junk in their first 4 years or 8 years to make money....sure they sell stuff but at least they dont repop the same **** over and over...and yeah people are still willing to pay for a very very very very outdated game...why cant WE get people to pay to play...

TWO LETTERS E A simple as that...this game should be huge...not the failure EA said it was in March 2012.

But i will log in later and i will grind for gear on a few toons ( god it feels like other games but with lightsabers )

I wish i didnt love star wars so much.

1977 seen star wars at the age of 12...and well 2016 i play a umm wanna be star wars game that should have reset all gaming records with EASE....

Everyone i tell i play swtor STAR WARS THE OLD REPUBLIC MMORPG they never heard of it.

ARGH....

I hate you George Lucas for creating now a 39 year addictions...

BTW...did EA mentioned STAR WARS turned 39 on May 25 1977 NOPE...

LEN

That's what it is called RNG which has the word Random in it because every time you open one what you get is a Random set of items that have a Random likely hood of appearance based on a percentage each item is given.

I opened up 3 hypercrates and got all but one mount, huntress armor set, 3 droid companion requisitions. Didn't get the mount with the flourish or cross guard, got everything else pretty much but hey it is a Random chance to get stuff.

Formal definition of RNG:

The RNG, short for Random Number Goddess, is the supreme being who reigns over all moments of chance in a Role Playing Game. She determines all hits, dodges, critical hits, stat gains, and item drops, among other things.

Examples:

Wow, your character just got screwed by the RNG.

Yes! A random drop, thank you RNG!

It was a 2% chance for him to hit me, man the RNG hates me.

Edited by Nightblazer

I don't spend any real money - I usually earn enough from referral clicks to buy at least two hypercrates each time they drop.

As for what I got - well, in three crates it varies significantly from the OP. I didn't get either of the sabers, but I got the companion, one of the gold mounts, that frakking gold deco saber like seven times, and two pieces of each of the gold armor sets. Complete sets of all silver armors, and every other silver item.

Plus, chance cubes SELL. Seriously. I usually earn enough from selling those to get everything I missed out on in the pack. (Need to get the saber when it drops in price, and I'm hoping that the fugly creature mount won't be selling for a ton.)

Eric should pop into these threads and just write simple reply - Thanks for buying our cartel market stuff and giving us pretty much free money :)

Last time i used my cartel coins was with 50% account wide all unlocks. That was well spent but packs itself no thanks.

Edited by Divona

You condoned their new way of doing packs by buying so many crates, despite so many people's complaints about it, and now you're seeing the result of the trend.

People still don't get this...it blows my mind lol.

You condoned their new way of doing packs by buying so many crates, despite so many people's complaints about it, and now you're seeing the result of the trend.

If there is something I like I will get a pack, I am fully aware of the 'risk' upfront

People still don't get this...it blows my mind lol.

Indeed...

Just bought 5 packs(without spending anything) and it felt like they just transformed into 7 chance cubes and a lot of trash which in turn transformed into even more of said trash.

Idk, when the first packs came out you didn't have to buy a hypercrate or better several to get anything worthwhile...now I'll just not bother again.

Indeed...

Just bought 5 packs(without spending anything) and it felt like they just transformed into 7 chance cubes and a lot of trash which in turn transformed into even more of said trash.

Idk, when the first packs came out you didn't have to buy a hypercrate or better several to get anything worthwhile...now I'll just not bother again.

Speak for yourself - I get plenty of useful stuff out of chance cubes. Full armor sets (some of which go for a chunk of change on the GTN) and mounts and other gear that I simply wasn't here for the first time around? Not to mention the actual shipment items.

Speak for yourself - I get plenty of useful stuff out of chance cubes. Full armor sets (some of which go for a chunk of change on the GTN) and mounts and other gear that I simply wasn't here for the first time around? Not to mention the actual shipment items.

I couldn't agree more, I love the chance cubes. I haven't played since launch so the cubes are a great chance for me to get some of the really cool items I've missed. Sure, I get some boring things from them like ugly dye colors but most of the items are quite interesting.