The Star Wars: The Old Republic Community Cantina Tour Arrives in London!

TaitWatson

Does anyone know if either bioware is going to stream the cantina event or if someone actually attending is gonna stream? Kinda like to see what they talk about there since the panel announcement was such a let down

I spoke to Musco yesterday at SWCE and he said it would be but didn't know where... so *shrug*

I know that's not exactly helpful... I couldn't be there unfortunately since when we ordered our tickets in October last year Saturday had already sold out *grumbles*.

Edited by AetherShanty

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to Musco yesterday at SWCE and he said it would be but didn't know where... so *shrug*

I know that's not exactly helpful... I couldn't be there unfortunately since when we ordered our tickets in October last year Saturday had already sold out *grumbles*.

Well I've checked their official twitch channel and everywhere else I can think to look. Since I believe the Cantina started at 12pm Pacific time, I think its safe to assume Musco lied at this point

Hi All,

Well, the Cantina Tour last night was great! Some great cosplay which was expected as it coincided with the Star Wars convention also next door :) The 2 reasons for attending was to meet up with our Guildies that we have not met before and to meet/chat with the Community Team themselves.

After a relatively short queue time were given tickets for 2 free drink and and a swag bag (drinks were not expected so that was a great surprise). After the live feed which started shortly after 8pm a surprise guests was brought onto the stage..........Vaylin! Fantastic that she was there to support the event, just a shame she never came in cosplay :p

Got plenty of photo opportunities with the community team and Vaylin herself!!! Does this sound like it is all about Vaylin? Possibly.

Anyway, a great night and an event which I hope will continue to bring our Guild even closer than we were before. Thanks for a great night Guys.....oh and Vaylin of course :cool:

Hi All,

Well, the Cantina Tour last night was great! Some great cosplay which was expected as it coincided with the Star Wars convention also next door :) The 2 reasons for attending was to meet up with our Guildies that we have not met before and to meet/chat with the Community Team themselves.

After a relatively short queue time were given tickets for 2 free drink and and a swag bag (drinks were not expected so that was a great surprise). After the live feed which started shortly after 8pm a surprise guests was brought onto the stage..........Vaylin! Fantastic that she was there to support the event, just a shame she never came in cosplay :p

Got plenty of photo opportunities with the community team and Vaylin herself!!! Does this sound like it is all about Vaylin? Possibly.

Anyway, a great night and an event which I hope will continue to bring our Guild even closer than we were before. Thanks for a great night Guys.....oh and Vaylin of course :cool:

Sounds like a great time, thank you for telling us :tran_cool:

Yeah, no announcements happened at the cantina itself, reveals were during the stream at the celebration event itself, we just watched a recoring of the earlier stream and the onstage stuff was mostly just a recap and some light q&a with natasha lorring. Charles Boy turned up in havoc armour which was fun.

Turned out Natasha Lorring had been hiding in the crowd when they called her up, they talked a bit about the audition process and recording for Bioware. Some shout-outs were given to voice of Valkorion/DOOM's Dr Samuel Hayden, Darin De Paul, apparently he and Natasha both relish being able to play characters that aren't meant to be lovable or friendly. xD One detail I liked was that she said she gets into it by playing Vaylin as a 'spider'. There was a round of Q&A and a mini-Vaylinimpression contest, seeing who could better deliver the lines "You weren't very nice to my brother, now we have to kill your friends", and "You've got a crush on me!"'to her satisfaction. some in game rewards were given to the winner and runner-up, not sure what they were though. xD

Overall it was largely just a social event, was very pleasant with a lot of nice people, met plenty on my own server and Bioware kindly provided vouchers for 2 free drinks and made it open bar near the end as well. Photos with Natasha and Charles were available too, overall was a great meet-up, but no news to report unfortunately guys.

I loved it, and aww nice hug from Eric :)

I hope everyone got a shirt in their size, L was like M. Totally forgot about the british sizes XD.

But I guess next time I won't be there as Twi'lek. Too hot XD.

Edited by RiaStarchild