Question about the Eternal Championship Solo Speedrun Challenge

TheThingie

A PvP'er won't know the PvE rotation unless he does PvE and will be parsing about 1K-2K less. The PvP rotations are wrong.

Watchman Sentinel parses about 7400. All the other classes parse at about 7000 or less. Most classes do anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand less on actual bosses, Shadow being the worst at about 4500-5500 on actual bosses. I've seen concentration sentinels outdo the best DPS shadows. Watchman Sentinel does what it parses, it is by far superior to all the other classes in PvE.

This is going to be won by someone with a level 50 comp running a watchman sentinel with an insanely fast PC.

~ Eudoxia

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric not sure if you're aware of this, but some people have found a way to remove the timers from before the fights start, by slash stucking against the first boss, they remove the intro and timers for all the other ones. Is this intended? Because if someone who deliberately died to do a speed run wins the contest, it'll look pretty bad against other people who did it legitimately without dying and in the fastest time possible. Is this a bug? Is it part of run? What's the deal? Thank you!

Eric not sure if you're aware of this, but some people have found a way to remove the timers from before the fights start, by slash stucking against the first boss, they remove the intro and timers for all the other ones. Is this intended? Because if someone who deliberately died to do a speed run wins the contest, it'll look pretty bad against other people who did it legitimately without dying and in the fastest time possible. Is this a bug? Is it part of run? What's the deal? Thank you!

What Axomm said. The top 1 person in this board http://parsely.io/parser/championship/eternal-championship/all/all/all/live/0/ has an extremely short timer between fights.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

What Axomm said. The top 2 ppl in this board http://parsely.io/parser/championship/eternal-championship/all/all/all/live/0/ have extremely short timers between fights.

If you compare my parse to the top one then you'd notice that there's nothing wrong in mine. Actually here's the times between bosses on mine and on the top parse.

Between 1 and 2: mine 27 seconds, top 11 seconds

Between 2 and 3: mine 25 seconds, top 14 seconds

Between 3 and 4: mine 28 seconds, top 6 seconds

Between 4 and 5: mine 26 seconds, top 14 seconds

Between 5 and 6: mine 25 seconds, top 22 seconds

Between 6 and 7: mine 26 seconds, top 18 seconds

Between 7 and 8: mine 23 seconds, top 16 seconds

Between 8 and 9: mine 40 seconds, top 19 seconds

Between 9 and 10: mine 53 seconds, top 21 seconds

Here's your interval times

1 and 2: 26 seconds

2 and 3: 31 seconds

3 and 4: 27 seconds

4 and 5: 27 seconds

5 and 6: 26 seconds

6 and 7: 30 seconds

7 and 8: 22 seconds

8 and 9: 40 seconds

9 and 10: 54 seconds

Total amount of time spent between fights

You: 283 seconds = 4 minutes and 43 seconds

Me: 273 seconds = 4 minutes and 33 seconds

Top: 141 seconds = 2 minutes and 21 seconds

Your times are actually extremely close to mine so think again who's the one cheating.

Edited by T_T_P

First off, no one's saying you're cheating bro, so no need to get so defensive. And yes, something is very off with the first place, but the other people competing are all averaging the same, then suddenly three people are crushing them by a matter of 20 seconds. Kinda weird. That's all we're pointing out!

.. And plus they can tell when you are loading a level, they have already said that level loading, including the down time in between boss fights, doesn't count towards your final time.

Actually, they said the opposite. They said it DOES count, because it is the time from picking up the quest ( which is outside the zone wall ), until you turn it in ( which is again outside, so you have to zone twice. )

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8917385#edit8917385

You might be mixing it up with what the 15 min achievement says...which is also wrong, but people think that is a bug. ( It says the talking time does not count, but it absolutely does. )

And really, the only disadvantage I see for someone who has done only PvP is that their companions won't have as high of an influence rank. As long as you have the 208 rated token gear, you are going to be fine, hell even the 208 PvP gear is going to be enough. Sure someone with 224 PvE Operation gear will have a slight advantage, especially if they have the full set bonus, but I wouldn't say it's an advantage that is going to make it unfair.

The gear makes a significant difference, and that makes a massive difference on HOW you do it. The more damage you can do, the more you can run with your companion in DPS mode, and the more you can ignore mechanics that would cause you to deal less damage. ( IE: You can stand in fire, continuing to use all of your most powerful abilities, versus having to run out of the fire and being forced to use only ranged instant abilities while moving. )

At least for the speed run challenge, they really should have done a level sync type of thing where everyone has the same stats, or stated it was just intended for those that have maxed out their gear/companion/etc.

If you compare my parse to the top one then you'd notice that there's nothing wrong in mine. Actually here's the times between bosses on mine and on the top parse.

Between 1 and 2: mine 27 seconds, top 11 seconds

Between 2 and 3: mine 25 seconds, top 14 seconds

Between 3 and 4: mine 28 seconds, top 6 seconds

Between 4 and 5: mine 26 seconds, top 14 seconds

Between 5 and 6: mine 25 seconds, top 22 seconds

Between 6 and 7: mine 26 seconds, top 18 seconds

Between 7 and 8: mine 23 seconds, top 16 seconds

Between 8 and 9: mine 40 seconds, top 19 seconds

Between 9 and 10: mine 53 seconds, top 21 seconds

Here's your interval times

1 and 2: 26 seconds

2 and 3: 31 seconds

3 and 4: 27 seconds

4 and 5: 27 seconds

5 and 6: 26 seconds

6 and 7: 30 seconds

7 and 8: 22 seconds

8 and 9: 40 seconds

9 and 10: 54 seconds

Total amount of time spent between fights

You: 283 seconds = 4 minutes and 43 seconds

Me: 273 seconds = 4 minutes and 33 seconds

Top: 141 seconds = 2 minutes and 21 seconds

Your times are actually extremely close to mine so think again who's the one cheating.

Apologies, was a typo, is now fixed.

AS for the speedrun challenge, it's not going to be for anyone with lower gear, that's implied tbh, it is a speedrun challenge, only players with high experience, skill levels, and good gear are going to come close to a top time.

First off, no one's saying you're cheating bro, so no need to get so defensive. And yes, something is very off with the first place, but the other people competing are all averaging the same, then suddenly three people are crushing them by a matter of 20 seconds. Kinda weird. That's all we're pointing out!

The 20 second difference is purely optimization and with a bit of luck I can probably still improve my time by about 15 seconds.

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

We have already received some reports that players have found a way to "cheat" the speedrun contest. The goal of this contest is a player will play through the Eternal Championship as intended.

If you find a way to subvert mechanics, conversations, or whatever. and you use it in your run, you will be disqualified from the contest. We are aware of a way a player can use /stuck to subsequently avoid all conversations within the Eternal Championship. Although this is not a game exploit (in that you won't receive ToS action) it is considered an abuse of the contest rules. If you use this, you will be disqualified.

Keep this section of the contest rules in mind:

Any entrant may be disqualified immediately from this Competition and, at the discretion of the Sponsor or its designees from further EA Online competitions, for any failure to comply with the EA Terms of Service, Privacy and Cookie Policy or for any cheating, including:

a. using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications in playing games;

b. intentionally disconnecting from the Internet during any game;

c. colluding with other players in playing games; or

d. taking advantage of known exploits in the game (it is the responsibility of players to understand and avoid all current illegal exploits).

Abusive or disorderly behavior, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language online, will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.

We want every player to have a chance to win and win fairly, so please don’t get disqualified!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I admit it, I cursed up a storm last night. Not at my fellow players, but letting off steam. Even in good gear, knowledge of playing in hm and nim ops and a rank 50 companion, the champions were whooping my *** as a marksman sniper. I'm talking what should have taken eh 20 min give or take, took 4-5 hours. Yeah, sailors would have blushed. But made me not put a dent in my monitor. :p

The 20 second difference is purely optimization and with a bit of luck I can probably still improve my time by about 15 seconds.

Welp I was close to winning it ;)

If devs released a game without bugs, I wouldn't have used it. Now its up to their crappy class balance.

Edited by alexhimbur

Forgot to list if you have made a negative comment about SWTOR/EA you will be disqualified. Or is that one secret?

It's there, just a little broader:

Abusive or disorderly behavior, including any use of harassing, negative, or profane language online, will not be tolerated and will also constitute grounds for immediate disqualification.

Hey folks,

We have already received some reports that players have found a way to "cheat" the speedrun contest. The goal of this contest is a player will play through the Eternal Championship as intended.

If you find a way to subvert mechanics, conversations, or whatever. and you use it in your run, you will be disqualified from the contest. We are aware of a way a player can use /stuck to subsequently avoid all conversations within the Eternal Championship. Although this is not a game exploit (in that you won't receive ToS action) it is considered an abuse of the contest rules. If you use this, you will be disqualified.

Any entrant may be disqualified immediately from this Competition and, at the discretion of the Sponsor or its designees from further EA Online competitions, for any failure to comply with the EA Terms of Service, Privacy and Cookie Policy or for any cheating, including:

a. using any cheats, hacks or other 3rd party "helper" applications in playing games;

d. taking advantage of known exploits in the game (it is the responsibility of players to understand and avoid all current illegal exploits).

We want every player to have a chance to win and win fairly, so please don’t get disqualified!

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Thanks Eric.

I'd like to add that it's distinctly possible that some may have died in the course of their speedrun, or accidentally stumbled on the course of the bug, is there a danger of disqualification if you DO NOT COMPLETE the Eternal Championship after stumbling on one of these aforementioned exploits, but instead exit the competition at whatever point you discover the exploit, then turn in the mission BEFORE KILLING ZOTAR in order to reset the phase?

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Not wanting to be snippy Eric, but how about a bit of thought into the rules before setting them? Why not total the time spent in each fight, from start to finish of combat (or start of combat to death of boss) rather than from terminal click to quest hand in - hey, even entry into the instance is better than a race to the freaking door and laggy load times! Seems to me that this relies heavily on having a top end pc and great internet connection and a class that has phasewalk or similar... and not just for the competition, for the achieve at all. Hate to say it, but yet more evidence that you guys don't play the game other than at work, which is prolly really quick and lag-free. :( makes me sad.

Are you able to explain the thought process behind setting the competition and achieve start time from the terminal to quest hand in, please? At least if I have a reason, I can maybe begin to understand why after 150 odd runs, I'm still trying for the achieve :/

After running this side by side with one of the successful achieve streams, it seems I'm about 10 seconds down before the first fight even starts :(

Edited by leehambly

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Respectfully Eric, this isn't possible. As I and other have mentioned elsewhere, the current way you have it set up accounts for the loading time, meaning players with slow computers will be disadvantaged.

Furthermore, due to the DPS imbalance between classes, many players will be disadvantaged in that regard, along with players without top-of-the-line 224 ops gear. This cannot be resolved, but changing the way the competition is timed may help.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

I admit it, I cursed up a storm last night. Not at my fellow players, but letting off steam. Even in good gear, knowledge of playing in hm and nim ops and a rank 50 companion, the champions were whooping my *** as a marksman sniper. I'm talking what should have taken eh 20 min give or take, took 4-5 hours. Yeah, sailors would have blushed. But made me not put a dent in my monitor. :p

Have you tried the other builds? I'v run through fairly easily with virulence and engineering sniper (220/224 gear, lvl 32 comp) Some of the fights work better with a more mobile spec

Edited by Jamtas

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

In before this means those who use an assassin or shadow are dqed because they use phase walk every 45 seconds to get to the terminal and then stealth out on any extra monsters that spawn, giving them 13-14 minute terminal to terminal runs.

I personally find that unfair that they have that kind of advantage, but I guess it is what it is.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Is it subverting mechanics when i just stand in basically everything and still win? Or is this a story mode op? Come on man.

In before this means those who use an assassin or shadow are dqed because they use phase walk every 45 seconds to get to the terminal and then stealth out on any extra monsters that spawn, giving them 13-14 minute terminal to terminal runs.

I personally find that unfair that they have that kind of advantage, but I guess it is what it is.

12:25 is the fastest terminal to terminal run for me so far.

Force cloak can't be used while in combat inside the arena anyway. I could also complain that assassins/shadows have the lowest single target dps atm, it's a matter of luck that I can kill Lanos before he summons the skytroopers without heroic moment on.

Are you able to explain the thought process behind setting the competition and achieve start time from the terminal to quest hand in, please? At least if I have a reason, I can maybe begin to understand why after 150 odd runs, I'm still trying for the achieve :/

For the achievement, you only need to beat 15 minutes from the start of the 1st fight (after the first convo ends) to the end of the 10th fight. So it includes all 9 transitions, but no loading screen. Source: My run was more than 15 min terminal to terminal but I got the speed achieve. Further details worked out by comparing various times guildies & I had and whether we got the achieve.

For the contest, they're saying it's different, and is terminal to terminal. Now that sort of sucks because loading screen time matters, but if you're just shooting for the achieve, feel free to mosey on down and just get ready by the time the first conversation is ending. And best of luck!

For the achievement, you only need to beat 15 minutes from the start of the 1st fight (after the first convo ends) to the end of the 10th fight. So it includes all 9 transitions, but no loading screen. Source: My run was more than 15 min terminal to terminal but I got the speed achieve. Further details worked out by comparing various times guildies & I had and whether we got the achieve.

For the contest, they're saying it's different, and is terminal to terminal. Now that sort of sucks because loading screen time matters, but if you're just shooting for the achieve, feel free to mosey on down and just get ready by the time the first conversation is ending. And best of luck!

You say that... once you've got the achieve, you don't really know how fast or slow you need to go anymore, so mosey all you like, until you've got that achieve it's just gossip, sorry - am I missing it by milliseconds, or am I missing it by the ten minutes I spent grabbing a cup of coffee before hand?? Who knows... and there's the rub. Dulfy says they don't include the "Pre-ambles"... but well, Dulfy aint the most precise at the best of times, but it is all we have. So, of course until I have that achieve, I have to prepare as if its a "terminal to quest complete" run - to do anything other than that, is well, preparing to fail. To be honest, a timer result would be kind of nice... at least then we can actually tell when it started and finished - and how close we are. Back to smashing my face into that wall. And to be honest, I could go back through my 7 days of parses, but I'm adamant I've done a first boss to last boss in under 15 minutes... until yesterday I was timing from entering the instance and I've been sub 15m 40s so far, at least once - given the boss 1 aggros at about 50 seconds, well... maths.

Edited by leehambly

BioWare, please clarify if it's allowed to guild-summon a contestant for the purpose of getting faster to the EC entrance at the beginning, or to get back the the mission terminal at the end. Allowed or not?

You say that... once you've got the achieve, you don't really know how fast or slow you need to go anymore, so mosey all you like, until you've got that achieve it's just gossip, sorry [snip]

I got the achievement on a run in which from starting to zone in until end of combat on the last boss (which is when the achievement pops) it took me 15:17. From start of combat to end of combat was 14:35. I also have a guildmate who had 14:42 from start of combat on boss 1 to end of combat on boss 10 and got the achievement on that run. Use this information (which I have no desire to provide proof of, but perhaps you can scour youtube videos for similar info if you are skeptical) as you will. Just trying to provide a bit of helpful info.

Edited by cxten