Why is Quinn middle aged, while the other LI are still young?

Aeristash

I was just reading my copy of the old republic encyclopedia and it notes that Malavai Quinn is 37 years old. :eek: Utterly flabbergasted. He looks so young and yet he's so old compared to my young warrior in her early twenties. I thought Talos drellik had a decade or two on him, but surprisingly weathered Talos is only 27. :eek: Why isn't all this information in the encyclopedia noted in game? I surely would've liked to know I was marrying a man almost 2 decades my senior, before I said I do. When I think about the male warrior getting young 21 and 22 year old Vette & Jaesa, I feel so bamboozled & betrayed that my warrior was stuck with a man near old enough to be her father. :mad:

On the opposite end of the spectrum however, why is Torian only 18 years old? That's a boy, a child, not a man. He just getting his first bit of peach fuzz on his chin and my hunter is supposed to take him as her mandalorian man? ugh. I know my bounty hunter isn't even a half decade older than him, but still... at least she's of legal drinking age. I can't even look at him right anymore. He should've been at least 22 like Ashara surprisingly was.

Thank the force for Theron & Lana. Suddenly cheating doesn't look like such a bad idea anymore.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to keep in mind two things:

1. In the Star Wars universe, medical technology has advanced to the point where most humans are fully capable of living up to 150 years, even more than that with the right tech, AND they don't really age until towards the end of their life. Which means that even if he is 37, he's still got a loooong life to live, provided that he doesn't die in a battle. Which is still a very likely possibility for him.

2. Talos Drellik works with Sith Artifacts. SITH artifacts. Nico Okarr keeps himself young by using an artifact he found, it would make sense that in one of his adventures, Talos found one that aged him a good bit. Either that, or his age is a typo.

Why isn't all this information in the encyclopedia noted in game?

It is. It's in their codex entries right when you meet them. Most of the stuff from the Wiki page directly quotes their codex entries. Soooooo....yeah. It's right there.

What does age matter?

Quite a bit, depending on who you ask and the size of the gap. I want hubby to be a near equal in my strike zone, where we can experience all mysteries of life for the first time together, instead of him pulling me by the hand and looking bemused as I'm surprised at things he's known for ages. How is my warrior supposed to give children to quinn, when quinn is old enough to be her father and the childs grandfather? :(

I like older men. Besides it's not like 37 is ancient. At least I hope not...I'm 47...so what's that make me...paleolithic? :eek:

You're right, 37 is not generally that old. However now that he's 42 in kotfe, while my warrior was kept temporarily immortal in carbonite... >_>

You have to keep in mind two things:

1. In the Star Wars universe, medical technology has advanced to the point where most humans are fully capable of living up to 150 years, even more than that with the right tech, AND they don't really age until towards the end of their life. Which means that even if he is 37, he's still got a loooong life to live, provided that he doesn't die in a battle. Which is still a very likely possibility for him.

I want to agree with this, but isn't Lokin already looking decrepit in his early 50s? Not saying Quinn will turn out anything like that, put I fear he may see some grey in his hair around that age.

2. Talos Drellik works with Sith Artifacts. SITH artifacts. Nico Okarr keeps himself young by using an artifact he found, it would make sense that in one of his adventures, Talos found one that aged him a good bit. Either that, or his age is a typo.

Ya know... That never crossed my mind. ._. Very intriguing food for thought. :) Even if it's not so, I'll choose to believe that until stated otherwise. I refuse to believe talos is young enough to be 27. -.- That guy looks like he's in his late 30s or early 40s at least.

He sure doesn't look it, he must take care of himself ;) We can romance Quinn at 37 but we can't Talos at 27? Totally unfair, I've always wanted Talos to be a LI (that first flirt we got with him was such a tease), he and my SI would fit so well going off relic hunting together.

That's why I was taken by surprise. For years, I thought quinn was at most 28 or 29. 37 was something of a wake up alarm. :p

Where? I don't see it. :confused:

Source 1

Source 2

Huh. Sorry, my bad. I'm used to the Agent whose companions' codex entries come in dossier forms, including their age. I assumed it was the same for all the companions.

And you know what they say about assuming :o

Apologies :)

Edited by AngFour

Huh. Sorry, my bad. I'm used to the Agent whose companions' codex entries come in dossier forms, including their age. I assumed it was the same for all the companions.

And you know what they say about assuming :o

Apologies :)

Np, I was just wondering if I might've been overlooking it all this time. :p

I kinda like that about Quinn. :p Most of my toons, my SW included are around 18-21 when their in-game careers start. BH/Smuggler/Trooper perhaps a little older, 25'ish at best. Anyhows, I presumed my SW to be 21 when she starts and meets Quinn.. quite an age gap in a way but I've always been prone to older men anyways so to me it just added to the allure. :p Heck, my JK lusts after a man who's in some ways 330 or something sooo.. tis all good. :D

I kinda like that about Quinn. :p Most of my toons, my SW included are around 18-21 when their in-game careers start. BH/Smuggler/Trooper perhaps a little older, 25'ish at best. Anyhows, I presumed my SW to be 21 when she starts and meets Quinn.. quite an age gap in a way but I've always been prone to older men anyways so to me it just added to the allure. :p Heck, my JK lusts after a man who's in some ways 330 or something sooo.. tis all good. :D

Scourge? Yeah, I'm with ya there. Scourge might be 12x quinns age, but I could see myself making an exception for that imposing figure & voice. :p Doc on the other hand... surprised he's 28. I took him to be a bit older given his down home speech pattern.

Scourge? Yeah, I'm with ya there. Scourge might be 12x quinns age, but I could see myself making an exception for that imposing figure & voice. :p Doc on the other hand... surprised he's 28. I took him to be a bit older given his down home speech pattern.

Oh my Scourge yes ;)

And yeah, between Quinn and Doc I would have thought Doc was the older one, mid 30s at the least.

Well, good to know that in 6 years I'll apparently be a shriveled up, disgusting, senior citizen...You realize Theron is in his mid 30's in KotFE too right? Personally I would MUCH rather my character romance someone 30-45 than someone 18-25.

Kids these days!

Edited by Nefla

Well, good to know that in 6 years I'll apparently be a shriveled up, disgusting, senior citizen...You realize Theron is in his mid 30's in KotFE too right? Personally I would MUCH rather my character romance someone 30-45 than someone 18-25.

Kids these days!

Lol I turned 30 myself a few days ago so the thought that Quinn's original age is consider 'old' is like.. nuuu!! I already felt bad enough turning 30 thinking wth did time go I still feel like a 20 year old!!!

Kids these days!

That can't be right. >_> Theron was born in 3666 BBY, the same year Nomar organa called off his engagement. From the SI pov, that was 20 years ago, wasn't it? Wouldn't that place Theron in his early twenties?

Edited by Aeristash

According to Wookieepedia, quickly grabbing Odessen as a point of reference..

In 3632 BBY, The Outlander, aided by Lana Beniko, used Odessen as the base of operations for The Alliance, the resistance movement against the Eternal Empire and their occupation of both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic.

So we're in 3632 now.. Theron's from 3666 so he'd be 34 currently in-game.

T'is all good. Yes it is. :D Older men rule! *hi fives ya* Where's Xia? She needs to be here too lol. :p