The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

you killed the game BioWare

hapycamper

then you destroyed the companions and their skills (now all of them are the same thing with different skins) nothing is unique anymore

Good riddance. Now I can use the companion I want instead of being forced to use one I don't want. Now she feels like a companion instead of a tool.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are working an old ploy that has been common in societies fringe factions for hundreds of years. If they say it enough times, two things happen:

1) they start to believe their own propaganda.

2) low information players begin to believe the propaganda.

No objective person, who actually enjoys the game, is fooled by this nonsense.

One positive of this behavior though is ------> it shines a light on the propagandists and the low information players.

you are dillusional.... Go to SWG Emu and see the number of players. 1100+ on a server with around 3k+.

then look at this game, and barely has a couple hundred on at any given time. SWG was made in 2003... something is clearly wrong with this game isnt it?

Good riddance. Now I can use the companion I want instead of being forced to use one I don't want. Now she feels like a companion instead of a tool.

This needs repeating, in my opinion. The companions as they are now feel so much better to me than before.

Now I get to choose, before the choice was made for me. Now I can bring whoever I want, and he or she

will perform as well as any of the others. Before if you brought someone who didn't match the class,

or was underpowered you were gimped because you were playing with a companion you liked,

and not the one the game liked for you.

Again, this is better than it was before.

Edited by Talahar

This thing all things devours:

Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;

Gnaws iron, bites steel;

Grinds hard stones to meal;

Slays king, ruins town,

And beats high mountain down.

Whatta goin' to do.

Though I do miss my ship and companions and flying to one place or another within the original space system(s) when the game released. I was hoping for some new companion replacement options but not in such a way as we got with a multitude of companions with an overdose of affection.

The only thing I see wrong with the current system (mostly) is you have to keep each alt advanced in the story line to get that one or two companions you miss. Mastery isn't very fun either.

This needs repeating, in my opinion. The companions as they are now feel so much better to me than before.

Now I get to choose, before the choice was made for me. Now I can bring whoever I want, and he or she

will perform as well as any of the others. Before if you brought someone who didn't match the class,

or was underpowered you were gimped because you were playing with a companion you liked,

and not the one the game liked for you.

Again, this is better than it was before.

I wholeheartedly agree. Whatever benefits I received mechanically from companion unique moves are outweighed by being able to swap my companion's role on the fly. Whatever benefits those unique moves gave for flavor purposes is outweighed by me being able to use my favorite companion.

I can adventure with my love interest instead of.....Malavai.

The one problem with comparing SWTOR to EVE (or even WOW for that matter) is that SWTOR is just a clone of the WOW model, along with so many other MMOs. It lacks originality, making its money because it's Star Wars (which frankly is the part I care about). Simply put, it doesn't attract the same kind of people. Very few have loyalty to the game, but lots of people are suckers for fancy new **** on the CM. I don't see this changing anytime soon.

EVE is largely a creature on it's own. It's the WOW of it's subgenre, and thus it dominates. Though it'll be really interesting to see what happens to it when Star Citizen goes live.

Well... WOW was a copy of Everquest and Dark age of Camelot so.... yeah.. copies dont make for bad games.

BTW Swtor is a perfectly good game, i played it since 2012, i still like it, but yes i do think its boring after you have completed all class stories and is just waiting around for a new kotfe chapter, but so be it, i wanna see where the story is going. I dont like pvp, and raiding in this game isnt really fun either ;p

"Dead"

"Killed"

"Life support"

These words you keep saying... I don't think they mean what you think they mean.

Well, at the very least your forum BINGO card is doing well this week.

If this game is on life support, it has been so since launch because it has had far worse times. If anyone still chooses to believe so, go ahead, but it sure seems they are putting in a lot of effort for a game that is dead. Now why would they do that?

. The game has shifted from an mmo with single-player elements, to a single-player game with mmo elements.

I love this game, but in this quote I think you nailed it on the head. I used to be able to play this game with my gf and other friends....now we all play alone and chat. Just about the entire new storyline is single player. At least in the original eight stories you had a fun shared planetary storyline and side quests where you could all join in the conversations. As a single player game, the story is still fun (well, not as much fun as when there were eight stories), but as a MMO.... it can barely call itself that anymore (and no, I'm not dying so you can't have my stuff ~smile~).

Well, at the very least your forum BINGO card is doing well this week.

If this game is on life support, it has been so since launch because it has had far worse times. If anyone still chooses to believe so, go ahead, but it sure seems they are putting in a lot of effort for a game that is dead. Now why would they do that?

Yeah, but for all the folks playing Forum Shots, I pity their liver...

you are dillusional.... Go to SWG Emu and see the number of players. 1100+ on a server with around 3k+.

then look at this game, and barely has a couple hundred on at any given time.

Really?

So you're basing this "couple hundred" on what? And on which server is this?

The subscription base would beg to differ.

Doesn't matter on the subscription base if people think it is boring they don't play it. I know I played Wow for 2 months and left because I found it boring and unappealing to me.

I like SWTOR even though there are some problems but I am not bored like I was on Wow.

I miss gearing companions, and the more-distinct movesets they had.

I miss dressing out the new companions, I don't miss statting them. (I hate the optimizing stats minigame for myself, much less my comps). I miss the lost moveset animations, I don't miss the mechanical differences. Sense a theme here?

then look at this game, and barely has a couple hundred on at any given time. SWG was made in 2003... something is clearly wrong with this game isnt it?

I assure you that this game has far more players than SWG EMU does. Even at its peak, SWG never came close to what SWTOR has. I loved SWG too, but you're delusional thinking SWTOR isn't doing better than the EMU.

Something IS wrong with this game, you're absolutely correct - it's been terribly and poorly mismanaged since development.

Oh whoopee, yet another You killed the game, game is dying thread.

Oh and look, most are the same players posting in it that were the same players that posted in the last dozen or more, over the LAST 3 YEARS!

Don't any of you get bored in wasting your time with these threads?

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Been here since 2011, and every damn year it's the same thing. Game is dying, it's dead, the poor thing is reeking of dead man funk, etc.

For a game that has been dying for the last 5 years, Bioware and EA sure are throwing lots of money at it.

Been here since 2011, and every damn year it's the same thing. Game is dying, it's dead, the poor thing is reeking of dead man funk, etc.

For a game that has been dying for the last 5 years, Bioware and EA sure are throwing lots of money at it.

The game is dying crowd seems to miss that by recent numbers SWTOR subscriptions are up by a good margin and it's making a lot of money. It's the 4th biggest mmo in the world. I am not saying SWTOR is perfect. Hell it has loads of issues but it is doing fine.

True, but we don't know which came first, the lower budget or the lower income.

Generally, the two go somewhat hand in hand. They get planned annually, and revisited/revised quarterly.

The parent company probably gives them revenue goals and a corresponding cost budget to go with it. How that is determined each year.... probably a series of sessions where they present analytics, and plans based on analytics for what they invest their cost budget on.

There would certainly be a lot of haggling back and forth, with the studio stating what they can do in the form of revenue upside for any additional cost budget the parent company might be interested in providing.

As for anything having killed the game... if this studio has proven anything at all... it's that this MMO has at least as many lives as a cat. Many other MMOs have cratered in their first year in the modern era. Some shift their business model and focus and recover, some don't. This particular one has found ways to reinvent itself and recover from the usual 70%+ attrition that new MMOs encounter in their first year these days.

Edited by Andryah

True, but we don't know which came first, the lower budget or the lower income.

The lower income is my guess. This game hemorrhaged players pretty early on, and never really recovered as well as a Star Wars related game should have. While it has recover some of the players, a Budget of $200 millon+ needed a lot longer to make back when so many people dropped so early in. Given the current development of one story for all classes (instead of one for each), solo only contacts for the DLCs, and the slow whittling down of the game, I'd say they're definitely suffering from a much smaller budget as well, but it just took longer for us to be hit in game after things like server closures, layoffs, Daniel Erickson's abs no longer being a fringe benefit, things like that.

Given how much they put into this game, I doubt they would have cut the budget had it been as big as they were hoping it to be. This was Bioware's first MMO, so I think they'd have kept the money pumping into the game as long as it was coming in from players.