Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

"If you are a Subscriber, you will receive your Cartel Coin Subscriber rewards as near as possible to every thirty days. Sometimes it may take a few extra days for the coins to appear in your account, but we will make every effort to grant them to you as close as we can to the 30-day mark in your recurring subscription."

Source - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5461855

I have contacted support and ask about this before. The few extra days is actually 72 hours. So it will be forever 30 + 3 days thus the lapses between each payout will always get bigger and bigger.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have contacted support and ask about this before. The few extra days is actually 72 hours. So it will be forever 30 + 3 days thus the lapses between each payout will always get bigger and bigger.

It varies.

I've seen it credit to my account as fast as 48 hours and as slow as 96 hours. For me, most times it's 48 hours.

Yes, I read this post, but it seems they didn't fix it yet. If fixed, my cc grant should've arrived yesterday, but it didn't. Also, there are other posts after 4/5 that stated it's not fixed.

And to those wondering if it's actually fixed yet or not... we are going to have to see two 30 day cycles to see if it is actually fixed (as in granting from the same date each month, regardless of how many days before it actually credits). since it is normal for there to be a delay of 2-4 days before grant shows on your ledger, you cannot tell from just one 30 day cycle. They did say it would be fixed and move forward from the last month..... so it will take two cycles before we can see if it continues to grant from a fixed date (as intended), or continues to roll by how ever many days delay was incurred. They said they are not rolling back the actual grant dates to sync with your original sub date, but rather.. making it work correctly moving forward.

Edited by Andryah

It varies.

I've seen it credit to my account as fast as 48 hours and as slow as 96 hours. For me, most times it's 48 hours.

And to those wondering if it's actually fixed yet or not... we are going to have to see two 30 day cycles to see if it is actually fixed (as in granting from the same date each month, regardless of how many days before it actually credits). since it is normal for there to be a delay of 2-4 days before grant shows on your ledger, you cannot tell from just one 30 day cycle. They did say it would be fixed and move forward from the last month..... so it will take two cycles before we can see if it continues to grant from a fixed date (as intended), or continues to roll by how ever many days delay was incurred. They said they are not rolling back the actual grant dates to sync with your original sub date, but rather.. making it work correctly moving forward.

Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe you can tell me if the cc grant will be resetting to normal when I let my sub lapse and resub some days later ? TIA

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

I was credited my subscriber grant today April 18. The last grant I received was March 16. This is 33 days later. I was billed March 30 for a new 3 month subscription.

It certainly seems that the fix hasn't been fully applied. In the interest of clarity, the whole subscriber grant system should be reset to grant a set number of days after billing. Telling customers that grants could be received in as little as 2 days and as many as 20 days isn't helpful.

I was credited my subscriber grant today April 18. The last grant I received was March 16. This is 33 days later. I was billed March 30 for a new 3 month subscription.

It certainly seems that the fix hasn't been fully applied. In the interest of clarity, the whole subscriber grant system should be reset to grant a set number of days after billing. Telling customers that grants could be received in as little as 2 days and as many as 20 days isn't helpful.

Ahem...

Edited by Andryah

I've noticed this discrepancy also. The rewards should be given on or near your sub payment/bill date.

Here is the entire history of mine. It's pretty regular with the sub payment date, but then it starts going way off around August of 2015.

Left side: Sub billed/payment date - Right side: Sub Cartel Coin Reward date

01-03-14 - 01-03-14

02-03-14 - 02-03-14

03-05-14 - 03-05-14

04-04-14 - 04-06-14

05-04-14 - 05-06-14

06-03-14 - 06-05-14

Unsub/Resub

12-23-14 - 12-23-14

01-23-15 - 01-22-15

02-22-15 - 02-21-15

03-22-15 - 03-22-15

xpak 30 day sub - 04-23-15

05-23-15 - 05-24-15

06-22-15 - 06-22-15

07-22-15 - 07-22-15

08-21-15 - 08-24-15 (things started going way off)

09-20-15 - 09-26-15

10-20-15 - 10-29-15

11-19-15 - 12-01-15 (What happened to nov?)

12-19-15 - 01-03-16

01-18-16 - 02-05-16

02-17-16 - 03-09-16

03-18-16 - 04-11-16

04-17-16 - 05-11-16

05-16-16 - 06-16-16 <-- as of this point, I have lost ONE month's worth of CCs)

6-10-16 -

So if I read this correctly. I've now lost one month of cartel coin rewards. :mad:

If my sub cartel coin reward continues as is, the next reward will most likely be after my 5-16-16 payment, which does mean I will have lost ONE month’s worth of cartel coin rewards.

Edited by TrishaSW
formating

Well a GM customer support threaten to ban me if i make a ticket again.

All I did was use CAPS LOCK to emphasize part of my ticket. He cllaimed I "Shouted" at him. I used the word Darn and claimed I used foul language.

He went on a very passive aggressive rant and basically threatened my account for those two reasons. Looks like i'm banned from making a ticket for ANY reason unless i want to be banned.

Well a GM customer support threaten to ban me if i make a ticket again.

All I did was use CAPS LOCK to emphasize part of my ticket. He cllaimed I "Shouted" at him. I used the word Darn and claimed I used foul language.

He went on a very passive aggressive rant and basically threatened my account for those two reasons. Looks like i'm banned from making a ticket for ANY reason unless i want to be banned.

Call them. There's no way that's ok....

Mine is still upwards of 30 days and ever increasing.

7/3

8/2

9/4

10/7

11/9

12/12

1/14

2/16

3/20

4/22

It is not fixed.

I think I'll let my sub lapse and get my final allotment, then renew a bit later and force it to reset. It is obvious they aren't going to fix this any time soon. I'm about 20 days out already.

I guess it's a good thing I don't care about the HK special chapter.

Edited by Caulderone

It is not fixed.

I think I'll let my sub lapse and get my final allotment, then renew a bit later and force it to reset. It is obvious they aren't going to fix this any time soon. I'm about 20 days out already.

Of course it is. It was fixed mid-month for you, so you already had the three extra days on. It will be 30 days from the last one now.

7/3

8/2

9/4

10/7

11/9

12/12

1/14

2/16

3/20

4/22

It is not fixed.

As they supposedly fixed It somewhere between your reward dates of 3/20 and 4/22 without rolling back the grant date, you won't know if it is fixed until 5/22 at the earliest.

That being said, it would be nice if a Bioware representative would revisit this thread and confirm or deny that the fix occured.

Although, I suppose a lot of people wouldn't believe them even if they did that. <shrug>

Of course it is. It was fixed mid-month for you, so you already had the three extra days on. It will be 30 days from the last one now.

I"ll believe it when I see it. I should be renewing between the 2nd and 4th. If they won't fix it to that, I will fix it by dropping for a bit.

I have 35 days left at the moment, so I have time to see when it happens next month. Getting it ~3 weeks late from now on is not a fix. Luckily, as I noted, I won't be bothered when I miss the HK mini-story, as I don't care about it at all.

Edited by Caulderone

nothing new since the last noted date:

03/22/2016

02/18/2016

01/16/2016

12/14/2015

11/11/2015

10/09/2015

09/08/2015

08/07/2015

07/08/2015

06/08/2015

05/09/2015

04/09/2015

03/10/2015

02/08/2015

01/08/2015

that's a year + of sub, and they have pushed me back from 8 to 22+ now. that's about half a month so far... debating now if I really want to resub so bad...

I"ll believe it when I see it. I should be renewing between the 2nd and 4th. If they won't fix it to that, I will fix it by dropping for a bit.

I have 35 days left at the moment, so I have time to see when it happens next month. Getting it ~3 weeks late from now on is not a fix. Luckily, as I noted, I won't be bothered when I miss the HK mini-story, as I don't care about it at all.

It's not "late", it's still inside the months subscription.

And for the conspiracy theorists out there, it's probably less in the interest of Bioware to have it at the end of your month. For a new subscriber, getting the CC at the start of the month would mean you'd probably spend the CC on some cosmetic thing. Then at the end of the month, when you go back to f2p/preferred, you'd have to buy more CC to get the unlocks you were used to as a sub. Now, you get the CC at the end of the month, you haven't wasted them on some cosmetic yet, so they are available for you to put towards an unlock.

Edited by CrazyCT

Still having the same issue.

Here's the last 3 months.

04/21/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins 550

04/09/2016 Security Key Monthly Grant 100

03/19/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins 550

03/10/2016 Security Key Monthly Grant 100

02/15/2016 Subscriber Monthly Grant: 550 Cartel Coins 550

02/09/2016 Security Key Monthly Grant 100

They key grant seems to be normalized, but the sub grant is still getting further away each month. At this rate my July Grant will not occur until Aug 1st.

Edited by Airehn

Dear Eric!

Look at this:

2013/10/10 (30 days after the start of my EU account)

2013/11/12 (33 day cycle) (+3 days)

2013/12/12 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/01/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/02/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/03/12 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/04/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/05/11 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/06/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/07/10 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/08/09 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/09/08 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/10/08 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/11/07 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2014/12/07 (30 day cycle) (+3 days)

2015/01/07 (31 day cycle) (+4 days)

2015/02/06 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)

2015/03/08 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)

2015/04/07 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)

2015/05/07 (30 day cycle) (+4 days)

2015/06/07 (31 day cycle) (+5 days)

2015/07/07 (30 day cycle) (+5 days)

2015/08/07 (31 day cycle) (+6 days)

2015/09/07 (31 day cycle) (+7 days)

2015/10/10 (33 day cycle) (+10 days)

2015/11/12 (33 day cycle) (+13 days)

2015/12/15 (33 day cycle) (+15 days)

2016/01/17 (33 day cycle) (+18 days)

2016/02/19 (33 day cycle) (+21 days)

2016/03/23 (33 day cycle) (+24 days)

2013/03/25 (33 day cycle) (+27 days)

One more month and im past the 30 day marker. Didnt u guys say something about fixing this?

Lets do math yet again

Monthly CC grant (using 60 day prepaid Gamecards) 525CC

525/30 =17.5CC <<<<<<< Single Day grant

27X17.5 =472.5 <<<<<<< What im shorter thus far

27X17.5 =472.5 <<<<<<< What im shorter thus far

Maths is fun - how can you be short less than 1 portion of CC's? You don't get given CC every day. It's not a like a case of beer with one can missing, you are either short 500cc or you aren't short yet.

Edited by CrazyCT

Maths is fun - how can you be short less than 1 portion of CC's? You don't get given CC every day. It's not a like a case of beer with one can missing, you are either short 500cc or you aren't short yet.

I told myself I would just avoid this thread. The arithmetic on display is an affront to this winner of his primary school's Second Grade Math Contest (which, I won while in Kindergarten). My math skills may not have progressed at all since those salad days, but I know that the CC award is not a daily thing ... it's a 30-day thing.

One should consider one's 30-days of subscription time to be a big target laid out on the ground. The CC award is a bomb SWTOR drops while flying over the target. SWTOR doesn't have to hit the bull's-eye every time. All they need to do to honor their commitment is squeeze that bomb into any portion ... any distant corner ... of the target. Until they miss the target entirely (which hasn't happened yet), no one has been shorted anything.

I told myself I would just avoid this thread. The arithmetic on display is an affront to this winner of his primary school's Second Grade Math Contest (which, I won while in Kindergarten). My math skills may not have progressed at all since those salad days, but I know that the CC award is not a daily thing ... it's a 30-day thing.

One should consider one's 30-days of subscription time to be a big target laid out on the ground. The CC award is a bomb SWTOR drops while flying over the target. SWTOR doesn't have to hit the bull's-eye every time. All they need to do to honor their commitment is squeeze that bomb into any portion ... any distant corner ... of the target. Until they miss the target entirely (which hasn't happened yet), no one has been shorted anything.

we ll talk again in 33 days :)

Numbers:

My "original" CC award date was ~the 10th of the month. My first "delayed" award occurred on 10/13, and my last award on-ledger is 03/26 of this year. I am now delayed ~15 days from when I "should" have gotten it. Someone who got their award delayed in August for this reason would be at ~21 days delayed. Also, allegedly the award doesn't show on the ledger immediately (I haven't any evidence one way or another, I rarely check my ledger the day of the award and don't check my CC balance daily in-game either). It will be another 4-5 months before I completely miss an award in a 30-day cycle.

There's some weirdness due to the award being applied on a 30-day window (if everything is working well) rather than on a monthly cycle; the period from August to April has a pair of back-to-back 31-day months immediately followed by a 29-day month, that is itself followed by a 31-day month. You could "naturally" miss an award in February if it normally would have fallen in the latter days of the month up to that february.

Note that the "identified" issue dates from aUgust at the earliest - if you missed

I think you folks ( the ones complaining about cc grants) are just sad folks who don't leave the house and believe everyone owes you something for nothing. The cc grant is NOT something you pay for monthly. It is a GRANT which by definition is a gift in every way! They do not owe you the cartel coins, they give them to you as a bonus reward. Who cares when you get it!

Actually, yes, they do owe us the CC grant. This game started off as subscription only. The game then went free to play but the subscription price stayed the same. They devalued the game and the CC's are compensation for that. This is EA we're talking about, if they didn't have to give out CC's, they wouldn't.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

Hi Eric I think you have gone passed that planned fix and the issue is still happening to customers if it continues people will start missing out on their CC's after 10 months (10 x 3 = 30) simple equation so with in that time frame people would have lost the equivalent to one month of CC's for 6 the 6 month subscribers that is 600 cc's. Why was the fix not put in place. To me it also appears that the issue is with those that has chosen a subscription base that is for more than 30 days at a time, as you stated that it start in august however it dis not start for me until I changed from a 30 day sub to a 6 180 day sub, that is when it changed for me.

Can we please get an update to this or on a 10 month anniversary will we get an extra month grant of coins.