Subscribers check your cartel coin ledgers, BioWare may be ripping you off.

Deimir

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it's more because SWTOR launched as a Pay to Play model - when they transitioned to F2P and added the cash shop, they added 500cc per month for subscribers to increase the value of a subscription. The coins aren't "free" or a "gift", they're a part of your base subscription.

Now that "More info" is broken on the store page where does it say anywhere we should get CC?

Hey folks,

I want to address up a couple of questions I am seeing in the thread.

Will we be compensated for the Cartel Coins we missed receiving?

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

I checked my ledger and I am missing XXX coins, what do I do?

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Uhm. Ok. Not a big deal, but let's do the math:

assuming an extra 3 days per cycle starting last August; 8 months this has gone on.

3 x 8 = 24 days

24 days late the coins are coming now. That's just a couple more 3-day cycles from being a complete month washed away.

So what I am hearing is we are now going to get our coin grant at the end of the month we subscribed for?

Seems kinda shady... Not really buying the story that this was overlooked at BW for this long either. You must have bean counters that knew this was happening.

On one hand, hey whatever. But on the other hand, I feel like simply "fixing" the 33 day issue without fixing the back accounting isn't quite fair play either. To truly fix this you should remove the 24 accumulated days from the equation, but it's you that has to choose how to spin doctor this situation.

24 days late the coins are coming now. That's just a couple more 3-day cycles from being a complete month washed away.

And seeing that we are seven hours/a week away from a possible fix being implemented into the system, I am sure Bioware is sweating at the prospect of something that might happen in two-three months, seeing that the fix seems as far away as next tuesday.

So what I am hearing is we are now going to get our coin grant at the end of the month we subscribed for?

I assume that Bioware will re-adjust the system to recognize the actual payday as subscriber reward grant date again.

Seems kinda shady... Not really buying the story that this was overlooked at BW for this long either. You must have bean counters that knew this was happening.

Who said this was overlooked? What made you think that Bioware didn't need a long time to implement a fix? Or that it was really overlooked for two or three months, seeing that most people probably didn't bother to "make a scene" prior to a 6-9 day release? Considering the two and a half month break that was November-early January, I can imagine that they found the issue in late Januray/early February and started working on a fix.

On one hand, hey whatever. But on the other hand, I feel like simply "fixing" the 33 day issue without fixing the back accounting isn't quite fair play either. To truly fix this you should remove the 24 accumulated days from the equation, but it's you that has to choose how to spin doctor this situation.

What does it matter that there will be a back-log? Does it matter when you get the free CC promised with your subscription? If you are that bend on getting the CC exactly when you subscribe, just unsubscribe for thirty seconds and subscribe again. That should solve the problem.

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and address your concerns with the 3 day delay on Cartel Coin grants. Since August of last year an issue creeped into our granting system which caused Cartel Coins to be granted every 33 days, instead of every 30 days as intended. As you pointed out, if this issue went on for a long period of time, your monthly grant could be affected and so we definitely did not want that to happen. As of right now the only effect is that your grant may be delayed.

With that in mind, we have a fix for this issue planned with next week’s maintenance. After next week your grants should continue forward, 30 days apart, as intended. Thank you for raising this issue so we could get it addressed.

-eric

Holy Wow, six months and seven support tickets later, acknowledgement that I'm not scamming you! Or imagining things!

Might want to address this issue with the customer *service* people, whether they work for BioWare or EA. Calling us liars, or telling us we got double grants is kinda uncool, given everything else going on since KotFE, too.

[Telling me to unsub for 30 days to see if that fixes things in the middle of subscriber awards was also a low moment in dealing with paying customers as well.]

Edited by AnisaBadgett

Might want to address this issue with the customer *service* people, whether they work for BioWare or EA. Calling us liars, or telling us we got double grants is kinda uncool, given everything else going on since KotFE, too.

I went through that a while back. Tried to escalate it as well as contact our "community team" over an issue. They don;t care.

At worst my current CC grant is delayed. I'll wait to see if the next patch corrects things as stated and put in a ticket if the current grant does not come through.

So, yes, there has been a delay in receiving the CC grants dating back to August 2015, however, all the CC grants until the current one are accounted for so I haven't been "cheated" out of anything. A little rational thinking and patience goes a long way.

Thank you for acknowledging this issue Eric.

One has to wonder though, how long they've actually known about this.

A long time, I have been ticketing them for months. Also, they say my refer-a-friend person has not played for months so I don't get the coins anymore. I told them, gee, funny thing is: my refer-a-friend is my husband who at this moment is sitting in his pc room playing SUBBED swtor....Uh huh, try again Biofail. :rolleyes:

I have stopped buying x-tra CCs because I never got my free grant so I can use the 600 a month for now.

Edited by Darkwords

Translate the CCs people weren't granted across the entire sub base into CCs people then had to buy with real world money. Anyone who wanted to buy something from the cartel market, but couldn't because they were juuuust short of CCs becomes a potential $ spender to make up the difference. That cartel pack you wanted is just 200 CCs out of reach? Oh, well, get that $5 grant, or maybe splurge and get the $20 one for the better exchange rate. Every purchase like that would have been less likely had the grant dates not been tweeked.

If you think BW didn't profit monetarily off of this mistake, you're deluding yourself. They certainly weren't losing anything on their end because of it.

It doesn't mean they did anything illegal or deliberately scummy, it just looks bad, which leads to Eric responding as quickly as he did and acknowledging the issue.

That's what I'm afraid off, a really smart guy behind the bussines desk.

And seeing that we are seven hours/a week away from a possible fix being implemented into the system, I am sure Bioware is sweating at the prospect of something that might happen in two-three months, seeing that the fix seems as far away as next tuesday.

You talking about the same guys that are having trouble getting a door to work on the PTS. Until it's fixed it's not.

Edited by Lendul

I just find it amusing that they responded so quickly to this relatively new forum and not once commented on any of the long standing forums that are super important to the community. Like the forums about glitches, operations, QoL suggestions from the players..just saying.:rolleyes:

They are still going out, just with a delay. What you may not understand is that if a grant of cc's is 3 days late it will only be a reduction in actual CC's every 10 months because 10x3 is 30 days or a month. The fact that a grant is 3 days late by itself doesn't reduce the amount of CC's given out. It will only reduce it the moment it catches up with a full month. We haven't reached those 10 months yet so if they fix it next week it will not have cost anybody any CC, it just changed the date when you got them.

It's pretty darn close to a month (my personal grant date has slipped 18 days - it appears I wasn't hit by the full 3 days every month), and if it did start in August for some people, it could go as much as 24 days), and depending on when the error started, someone could lose out on a month's worth of grant.

I think they ought to "reset" account grant dates to what they were in August for people continuously subscribed since then, or to the date they started getting grants on if they subscribed after august - even if that means the April grant will be less than 30 days from the March grant. By which I mean, reset to 240 days since the August grant for continuous subs (to come due in April), and 30 days * months continuously subscribed for people subbed after that to now.

Hey folks,

No one should have missed receiving any coins due to this issue. When you have 30 days of subscription time, you will receive your monthly Cartel Coin grant during that 30 day window. That is still true. Due to this issue you may receive it on a later day then you did previously, but you will still receive it within your current subscription window.

Understand that this issue has only been going on since August of last year. The accumulation of 3 day delays has not occurred enough at this time to cause any issues in granting Coins. You should have received all Cartel Coin grants as intended (although perhaps a few days later than usual). If you feel you are missing any of your Cartel Coin grants please contact CS.

It was really important to us that we got this addressed before anyone was impacted, especially if that impact meant losing Cartel Coins. Again, no one will have lost any Cartel Coins, it is possible only that your grant will later into your 30-day subscription window. Thanks everyone!

-eric

Yep - I got hosed too.

Looks like every subbed account got hosed Eric. Are we going to get a retroactive short month or how are you going to get us back in line? As far as I can tell everyone that has been subbed on thru is running 18 days behind schedule. So for the "March / April" payout, you going to have it go then 12 days later you payout again? Or just pony up 600 CC on the next grant day and call it fair? Dunno how many people still subbed but that would likely be the easiest fix.

Blak

Sorry my english is not the best.

But the Issue with the Coins start in March 2015 in my Acc:

(Day-Month-Year Format)

5.3.2015 (31 Days so next Time for Grant 4.4.2015)

5.4.2015 (30 Days next Time 4.5.2015 + 1 Day)

5.5.2015 (31 Days next Time 3.6.2015 + 1 Day)

5.6.2015 (30 Days next Time 3.7.2015 + 2 Days)

6.7.2015 (31 Days next Time 2.8.2015 + 3 Days)

5.8.2015 (31 Days next Time 1.9.2015 + 3 Days)

7.9.2015 (30 Days next Time 1.10.2015 + 6 Days)

10.10.2015 (31 Days next Time 31.10.2015 +9 Days)

12.11 2015 (30 Days next Time 30.11.2015 +13 Days)

15.12.2015 (31 Days next Time 30.12.2015 +15 Days)

17.1.2016 (31 Days next Time 29.1. 2016 + 18 Days)

19.2.2016 (29 Days next Time 28.2.2016 +21 Days)

23.3.2016 (31 Days next 29.3.2016-open- + 24 Days)

Greatings Winni

Edited by Winara

Pathetic. Of course you didn't even consider telling anyone about this issue even though it has been going on since LAST AUGUST. I guess we are lucky that someone noticed and made a post about it and now you're all of a sudden pulling a fix out of your sleeve. Otherwise you wouldn't have done ****.

Really hate to say it, but this right here is probably the most accurate post in the whole thread short of the OP's post.

They are 100% right. This will be fixed on the next patch. So if the OP didn't say squat, would you have done it on your own without a word? The fact that EA didn't acknowledge it until it was called out on the forums thunders a thousand times louder than the deafening silence on the part of EA Bioware prior.

Eric and the devs talk about trust. Here is a bit of advice on building trust - If you f'd up, own up to it immediately. Will people gripe and scream, yes. Will as many people gripe and scream as much as they will now that it looks like you hid it, can't speak for others but I wouldn't be complaining like I am now and actually standing up for you since you admitted fault.

Unfortunately this time those are the doom and gloom folks got a legit point. Either they were hiding it (I still think it was unlikely) or asleep at the wheel and incompetent (Probably the 100% reason for this). In either case you got egg on your face BW.

Not sure I understand the issue but will players be reimbursed for the CC they missed due to the longer intervals?

As there has not been 10 months since last September, it is not possible for anybody to have lost cartel coins due to this.

Yes, depending upon your subscription date it's possible for your grant to arrive in the month after your sub initiates, but cruicially it will be before the date in the second month when your sub renews.

Therefore you're still recieving your coins within the correct period, though it's more of a headache to see it.

That said i have ZERO respect for Eric Musco's post on this mattter and the mealy mouthed nature of his assertion of how much they care about this - i have no doubt an issue such as this has been being reported by a number of users for a number of months, for whatever reason the developers failed to spot the issue and/or ignored it until such time as it almost became critical and is most certainly bad press. To try to brush it under the carpet in such fashion is pathetic and transparent.

Mistakes can be (and with this development team especially must be :p ) forgiven, trying to talk your way around the issue as if you think your customer base are idiots is far more likely to cause me to end my subscription.

I assume that Bioware will re-adjust the system to recognize the actual payday as subscriber reward grant date again.

Do you now? Because I don't. Nothing that has been said alludes to them intending on doing this. I'd like to hear them say it if this is true.

Who said this was overlooked? What made you think that Bioware didn't need a long time to implement a fix? Or that it was really overlooked for two or three months, seeing that most people probably didn't bother to "make a scene" prior to a 6-9 day release?

Eric himself admitted this has been going on since August. It's been going on for 8 months. Trying to say "Oh, thanks for telling us" is subterfuge. No one but the most gullible actually believe this.

What does it matter that there will be a back-log? Does it matter when you get the free CC promised with your subscription? If you are that bend on getting the CC exactly when you subscribe, just unsubscribe for thirty seconds and subscribe again. That should solve the problem.

It matters to me. On principle. On its own, it is not something that would cause me to un-sub over. But coupled with all the other shortcomings, yeah it matters. The rampant bugs, late and pared down releases...it ALL matters.

Plain and simple, they got "caught". Code just doesn't rewrite itself to release cartel coins at 33 day intervals. Someone there made the conscious decision to alter that line of code last summer. We have suspected something was up for months, but gave them the benefit of doubt until now. However you look at this, it is a major breach of trust and should be treated as such imo.

Hey folks,

-eric

The fact that you all (BW TX team) have a fix ready for this so quickly seems to point to the fact they knew about this issue, however nothing has been said up until now. So the question begs, were you going to just let this ride out till being called out like now? (Obviously you will say no as you should since you are representing the company.) However, as you stated, the problem has been only going since August?? So what happened in August to have this occur all of a sudden, because there should be some level of details released to explain this. Why? Well from August to now the end of March is 8 months which is the cusp of cartel coins being impacted by this. If you draw it to 9, you run a higher risk of actually having to compensate, and at 10 months (June) you would definitely have to compensate all the subs since then which would be lots of work really. So why is the cut-off at August? Is it arbitrarily being stated to be August to avoid the above as I stated, or is there actual evidence that things were fine before August, and in August there was a flaw with one of the patches that implemented this?

For all we know, this could actually be a problem since cartel coins were a thing. Can we get some proof to say otherwise? Legitimate questions that deserve legitimate answers seeming how it would fall under "False Advertising" if there were no proof otherwise.

Edited by LegionAlpha

i had noticed this issue going all the way back last year, i was wondering what the delay was, left it a lot of days between them.

when i renewed Sub - 525cc grants given (days lapsed since subbing - days lapsed after previous grant)

2015/05/21 5:37 AM - 05/30/2015 - 06/30/2015 (9 days - 31 days)

2015/07/18 2:57 PM - 07/30/2015 - 09/01/2015 (12 days - 33 days)

2015/09/02 8:59 AM - 10/04/2015 - 11/06/2015 (33 days - 33 days)

2015/11/20 9:35 PM - 12/09/2015 - 01/11/2016 (19 days - 33 days)

2016/01/19 1:59 PM - 02/13/2016 - 03/17/2016 (25 days - 33 days)

2016/03/18 1:11 PM - waiting for next grant...

before the CC issue in may 2015:

2015/03/30 5:53 AM - 03/30/2015 - 04/29/2015 (0 days - 30 days)

this is exactly what i see in the logs.

Edited by Celise

hahahaha lol.+500 -500cc big deal??? *poor* people paying 1000$ for cartel packs and getting **** items. 70% pvpers left all game because no 7 season and nothing left 5 years same warzone maps. 2 new warzone maps lol. You paying 15$ subscription for HK helmet LOL HK HELMET 1st item i kicked in garbage after loggined. never played any story on bot hservers bastion and TOFN has guidls 450 and 370 players was 50 active now i alone active much ranked players leave same players . only hard fans play team ranked u can see same players all left. today was 5 players on empire side fleet on biggest PvP server EU. No new ops. NOTHING left for what i can pay my damn 15$ and u tell about cc lol. Dont be sad my friends if u was lucky enough u did your 5-10billions on exploits. Why to be sad if nothing to do

Pve server full of players ranked non pops even if it pop what reason to play PRE SEASON 7 1 year LOL gg and idk maybe i was fked too on cartels

Edited by Meteoreete

The fact that you all (BW TX team) have a fix ready for this so quickly seems to point to the fact they knew about this issue, however nothing has been said up until now. So the question begs, were you going to just let this ride out till being called out like now? (Obviously you will say no as you should since you are representing the company.) However, as you stated, the problem has been only going since August?? So what happened in August to have this occur all of a sudden, because there should be some level of details released to explain this. Why? Well from August to now the end of March is 8 months which is the cusp of cartel coins being impacted by this. If you draw it to 9, you run a higher risk of actually having to compensate, and at 10 months (June) you would definitely have to compensate all the subs since then which would be lots of work really. So why is the cut-off at August? Is it arbitrarily being stated to be August to avoid the above as I stated, or is there actual evidence that things were fine before August, and in August there was a flaw with one of the patches that implemented this?

For all we know, this could actually be a problem since cartel coins were a thing. Can we get some proof to say otherwise? Legitimate questions that deserve legitimate answers seeming how it would fall under "False Advertising" if there were no proof otherwise.

you presume to know what bioware is up to? how would you know if bioware would of patched it anyway even if no one had mentioned it? the point here is that you have absolutely no idea what you are writing so you just jump on the bandwagon and insult bioware just because you can?

i would like it if you attempted to again making a point that you apparently know bioware enough to make up an answer, but that i just wrote is that i am presuming to know what you are doing? and yet i have no idea what you may do in response.

hahahaha lol.+500 -500cc big deal??? *poor* people paying 1000$ for cartel packs and getting **** items. 70% pvpers left all game because no 7 season and nothing left 5 years same warzone maps. 2 new warzone maps lol. You paying 15$ subscription for HK helmet LOL HK HELMET 1st item i kicked in garbage after loggined. never played any story on bot hservers bastion and TOFN has guidls 450 and 370 players was 50 active now i alone active much ranked players leave same players . only hard fans play team ranked u can see same players all left. today was 5 players on empire side fleet on biggest PvP server EU. No new ops. NOTHING left for what i can pay my damn 15$ and u tell about cc lol. Dont be sad my friends if u was lucky enough u did your 5-10billions on exploits. Why to be sad if nothing to do

Pve server full of players ranked non pops even if it pop what reason to play PRE SEASON 7 1 year LOL gg and idk maybe i was fked too on cartels

leave the writing in yellow, the white writing puts strain on my eyes due to the black background.

anyway, one thing you have failed to factor in is that people have a choice what they wish to do and another thing that is true, is that nothing in life is guaranteed.

Edited by Celise