Where are the other heroes?

TLCuddy

So forgive me if this has already been answered I'm not a frequent forum checker and I'm too lazy to browse through ALL of the different post. I'm just curious what happen to the other classes?

At launch we had Eight separate stories that had no direct relation to each other but indirectly interacted together to make up the overall story of Lvl 1 - 50 story. Then we got makeb, which Eight classes down to two, Republic and Empire, then came SOR which brought us to one single class. With the launch of KOTFE BW is sticking with the one single story arc. (The whole mixing a force user and tech user into one story makes it really hard for RP in my opinion but that is a different topic all together!) So where is everyone else? I mean the smuggler and BH didn't seem to really fit to well after their main story anyway because why would they care about the affairs of the Republic and Empire, I mean Han only got involved because of a girl! With Kailyo coming back the other classes story arcs obviously are part of the main story being that SCORPIO and her knew each other from their old team with the agent, but what happened to the agent if the class you're playing isn't one?

I hope I was clear in what i'm trying to understand as part of what is going on the galaxy? I believe I've seen most of the Dev post and streams and I haven't seen or heard any nod to this but maybe i have and some one can tell me what has been put out about this issue?

Basically, every other hero other than the one you're playing has disappeared. No one knows where they are, where they went to, or if they're alive. For all intents and purposes within the game, all class heroes besides the one you're playing are dead. They vanished (aka, K.I.A.) during, or shortly after the war between Zakuul and the Empire and Republic began.

They've never explicitly SAID that they're dead, but they're never showing up again, so they might as well be.

Would be cool if they got minor roles in each other stories xD

That would never happen. For them to do that, they'd have to make a canon character for each class, which would just tick off every other player out there because "That bounty hunter isn't MY bounty hunter!" And they've said they have no intention of ever establishing a canon character for any of the classes, anyway.

Would be cool if they got minor roles in each other stories xD

Would be even cooler if they could be OUR characters. Maybe a system for importing them like in Mass Effect 2 would be too much for the devs to do but this is basically how my headcannon works.

This has been my issue with KOTFE as some classes feel out of place in the storyline. For me the main character is the Hero of Tython and maybe the Wrath. All other classes for me are more like helpers or rivals.

Why only the wrath and the hero of tython?Darth Nox should be there too,and the consular since he fought and exposed the children of the emperor.

The thing is. There are many ways to do this. They don't even have to bring thier minor roles into any sort of situation that would require a "canon" version. The game already loads your other characters into the one you are playing via the legacy tree. The game can even track your aligment rank on all characters.

But like I said they don't even have to talk at all.

The thing is. There are many ways to do this. They don't even have to bring thier minor roles into any sort of situation that would require a "canon" version. The game already loads your other characters into the one you are playing via the legacy tree. The game can even track your aligment rank on all characters.

But like I said they don't even have to talk at all.

But what about those people who don't have a character in another class? If they were to implement this, then they would have to definitely create a default (aka canon) class hero. This goes back to the whole problem of a) the SWTOR dev team already saying they won't have canon characters, and b) other players upset because the canon character doesn't fit their image of the class hero in question.

Personally I think it would honestly have been better if they had just said that they were killed in action. Then all of that would have been nicely tied up and ended, and we wouldn't have to worry about where they are and what they're doing in the meantime.

EDIT: This is not to say that I don't like the general idea- I actually like the thought of my characters interacting with each other. I just don't think that it could be realistically implemented in a way that satisfies the majority of players.

Edited by Yermog

Why only the wrath and the hero of tython?Darth Nox should be there too,and the consular since he fought and exposed the children of the emperor.

Well I feel that the Hero of Tython is the main character as he is the one who directly fought the Emperor (if that incarnation on Dromund Kaas was him). I concede that Nox and the consular too could work too as they are Force Users and become influential Jedi/Sith. I put the Wrath as the Imperial equivalent of the Hero.

But what about those people who don't have a character in another class? If they were to implement this, then they would have to definitely create a default (aka canon) class hero. This goes back to the whole problem of a) the SWTOR dev team already saying they won't have canon characters, and b) other players upset because the canon character doesn't fit their image of the class hero in question.

Personally I think it would honestly have been better if they had just said that they were killed in action. Then all of that would have been nicely tied up and ended, and we wouldn't have to worry about where they are and what they're doing in the meantime.

EDIT: This is not to say that I don't like the general idea- I actually like the thought of my characters interacting with each other. I just don't think that it could be realistically implemented in a way that satisfies the majority of players.

It's easy. They could give them a cameo in your story ONLY if you have your own class for each cameo.

If you don't have bounty hunter, bounty hunter won't pop up as a cameo, but if you created your own he might.

Or what if our other characters could be recruited as companions? Would that be too weird? I already have a headcannon where my male human IA sniper and my female Chiss operative were assigned together on Hutta and ended up becoming permanent partners, with my operative basically taking the place of Kaliyo Djannis since both of them would want nothing to do with her.

Or what if our other characters could be recruited as companions? Would that be too weird? I already have a headcannon where my male human IA sniper and my female Chiss operative were assigned together on Hutta and ended up becoming permanent partners, with my operative basically taking the place of Kaliyo Djannis since both of them would want nothing to do with her.

Well to be fair, even if you don't want anything to do with her, it's your bosses that say "To bad" :p

eh they could do it though, much in the same way they did Hawke in DA:I

Well I feel that the Hero of Tython is the main character as he is the one who directly fought the Emperor (if that incarnation on Dromund Kaas was him). I concede that Nox and the consular too could work too as they are Force Users and become influential Jedi/Sith. I put the Wrath as the Imperial equivalent of the Hero.

I Understand That,But Darth Nox Is Basically Vitiate JR,Both Of Them Feed On Ancient Crazy Rituals,While The Hero Of Tython Is Indeed Worthy Of The Battlemaster Rank I Believe Darth Nox Can Truly Become More Powerful Than The Former Sith Emperor,I'd Be Nice To Have A Showdown Between All 4 Force-sensitive Classes And Of Course...The Emperor.

Would be even cooler if they could be OUR characters. Maybe a system for importing them like in Mass Effect 2 would be too much for the devs to do but this is basically how my headcannon works.

I wish they would do something like this. Like you could choose your canon characters.

In the mean time I just headcanon my trooper is THE Outlander with my Knight and Agent working with the resistance.

Hunter stopped working after the class story. Everyone else in Carbonite prison on Zakuul

The default wouldn't be any more canon than a customized character in that case. The default would just be a substitute for the player not having created or imported a character from the class in question, on that server. It would still boil down completely to player choice. The player would have to actively choose not to create a character from each class, and choose to import a default into KotFE instead.

I think the Outlander recruiting the other heroes (or villains) as alliance members would be a great idea, and better than just having a '..and then they vanished' epilogue for every player character who isn't the Outlander.

The Wrath fits really well if you support Valkorian and take his power.

Edited by cool-dude

The Wrath fits really well if you support Valkorian and take his power.

Inquisitor Fits More IMO,Both The Emperor And Inquisitor Share Some Similarities In Their History,Such As:Humble Origin(Emperor Was The Bastard Son Of A Poor Farm Woman)Rising In The Ranks Quickly(In 3 Years You Become Dark Lord Of The Sith,In 3 Years Vitiate Was Named A Lord Of The Sith By Marka Ragnos Himself And Was Ruler Of His Own Planet),Using Very Unkown Techniques To Acquire Even More Power(Vitiate Uses A Ritual Similar To Nihilus's Force Feeding While The Inquisitor Feeds On The Power Of Force Ghosts)In Ziost You Can Actually Say Something Like"Of Course He Fears Me,He Knows I Have The Potential To Surpass Him"As Inquisitor It Was A Really Nice Nod For Those Who Think Their Inquisitor Is Vitiate JR.

Make them "optional". I.E. the smuggler character won't show up if you haven't finished the Smuggler class story. It would be too much work and too much money to make them little more than easter eggs so you don't feel like all your other galaxy-shaping characters are just...dead or never heard from again. Either that or directly state somehow that of the 8 original heroes you're the only one who survived, the rest are confirmed dead.

They don't even have to show up. The Agent never directly crosses paths with the Consular, for instance, but they both have NPC crossovers in their stories. If you're playing a Consular outlander but have also finished the Agent class story have somebody comment here or there on how some Imperial agent has been in contact or something with vague allusions to the Agent's alignment and some class story choices the player made. This could be done in just a few additional lines of dialogue but would give us the sense that whatever heroes we leveled were still relevant. Hell, they could show up in a brief holocommunication or something, with alignment and physical features pulled directly from one of your leveled characters.

I don't know how such a system would handle multiple characters of the same class, though. Probably a checkbox in the legacy window about which of that class cameos in KOTFE. Add another checkbox if you don't want that character to show up at all.

Edited by eldefail