The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Producer Livestream Today!

EricMusco

This probably goes without saying, but in regards to the email/cartel coin thing; if my 3 boxes are already checked, BW will know this I assume and reward me the coin code? Maybe go in and uncheck, save recheck and save again? As I said, probably a given, but with BW these days, it pays to be sure.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Eric & Ben,

Just wanted to say how much I appreciate the live streams! It helps to bide the time waiting for the next chapter. They're informative and give just enough information. Monthly chapters is a great idea, it helps to spread things out rather than us rushing too fast through it.

Agree. Somewhere along with Chapter 13/14 there should be a new Ops added, tied within the Alliance story as the new Warzone and Zakuul Championship.

While I agree, I imagine all of their current resources are tied up into the 2 warzones and I don't expect to see an OP until 15/16 at the earliest.

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

Community Topics

• Chapter X Launch - We know this week has had its rough patches with the launch of Chapter X. We are working internally to improve these processes to avoid things like this from happening in the future. Thank all of you for your patience this week.
  • Anarchist Pack - We have definitely seen excitement around the new items in the pack, but the pack reviews have been mixed. Please keep the feedback coming as the MTX team is always looking at ways to adjust.

Solo mode and microtransactions. I don't like to have to log in for solo mode. I like the story, but I don't want to have to log into anything for it.

February Subscriber Gift

• Be a subscriber who is opted in to receive emails by 2/14...
  • Receive a code for 1050 Cartel Coins
  • Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
  • If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there

Chapter XI: Disavowed

This reads a lot like you want people to leave themselves opted in so they can remember there's a game to come back to when this solo-mode stuff is done.

• Launches March 10th
  • Join forces with Major Aric Jorgan of Havoc Squad

Eternal Championship

• Fight through 10 bosses
  • Weekly Missions for defeating bosses 5, 7, and 10
  • Rare Mount and Mini-pet drops
  • Blog coming later this month
  • View the archive of the live stream for some Eternal Championship footage

Sneaky solo-mode grind. Make it scale for other players and worth doing for other players, and it will be a lot better. The whole point of having us log in should be so we can play with each other if we want to. I still do not want to have to have to ask anybody's permission to play with myself.

It does seem like fun, though.

New Warzone

• Coming in April with Chapter XII
  • Cross Faction Alliance teams fight together with players from opposite Factions on the same team
  • Lana Beniko will be voicing this Warzone
  • 2-5 control points throughout the map
  • Collect power-ups that affect the control points
  • PTS is planned to start in 2-3 weeks (I will pass on info as I have it)

That sounds like fun. WTB matchmaker so more than 1/10 WZ is a real fight.

Pairs should be able to group and queue for this WZ, even if you can't have a cross-faction group. It does look like a nice change of pace.

Bonus

• Rishi Arena is coming as well
  • Will come to PTS along with the new Warzone
  • Launch date TBD

Quality of Life

• These changes are coming with Chapter XII in April
  • You can now have all five Strongholds active at a time
  • 50% increase in decoration limits for Guild Flagships
  • Common decoration limit increased to 999
  • Guilds can now have 1,000 members!
  • There is now a Legacy Name column in your guild where you can designate that Legacy's main character
  • Mass selection for editing Guild Members
  • We are working on some other QoL improvements as well which we will hopefully announce in the next few weeks

Sub Rewards

• Sub by March 1st to qualify for Early Access to Chapter XI and to receive the HK-55 inspired helmet

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I've always liked to hide my legacy name. It's silly.

On the other hand, it makes it a lot easier to keep someone out. If that was the intention, I'd much rather see "[this guy's] legacy] than "The [legacy] Legacy." Sorting might be a little bit of a headache: I expected [name], game sorted by [other name].

Edited by ALaggyGrunt

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

Community Topics

• Chapter X Launch - We know this week has had its rough patches with the launch of Chapter X. We are working internally to improve these processes to avoid things like this from happening in the future. Thank all of you for your patience this week.
  • Anarchist Pack - We have definitely seen excitement around the new items in the pack, but the pack reviews have been mixed. Please keep the feedback coming as the MTX team is always looking at ways to adjust.

February Subscriber Gift

• Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
  • If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there

• Launches March 10th

Eternal Championship

New Warzone

• Cross Faction Alliance teams fight together with players from opposite Factions on the same team

Bonus

• Launch date TBD

Quality of Life

• There is now a Legacy Name column in your guild where you can designate that Legacy's main character
  • We are working on some other QoL improvements as well which we will hopefully announce in the next few weeks

Sub Rewards

• Sub by March 1st to qualify for Early Access to Chapter XI and to receive the HK-55 inspired helmet

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I'm especially looking forward to these QoL updates. :p

I know this question will come up a bit. From the homepage (http://www.swtor.com), login and then click on your username in the top right corner and go to account. From there go to the Basic Information tab and scroll down. You will see three check boxes, you only need to opt in to SWTOR emails.

-eric

made a quick little image guide incase anyone does better with visual instructions

http://imgur.com/a/q7PWs

Then you know the answer to the question, don't you?

That is exactly what I am taking away from this stream. Nothing. They do not even bother to adress the issue of group content anymore, meaning there will be none, at the very least not until the end of KoTFE and by then it will be too late to safe the myth that this game is still an MMO.

I kept my sub up this month to have a look at how good the single chapters would be. The result was 20 minutes of cutscenes and inbetween that I had to just run around and click things while some pityfully easy enemies tried to shoot me (I could have literally stood there for 20 minutes and have them shoot me without dropping in health).

The story was neither good, nor long enough to justify a subscription or this complete negligence of group content.

I know you don't care to read this anymore Eric and devs, you decided your way and that way includes pushing your veteran players aside in favour of attracting new players. Apparently your metrics show that it is more profitable to cater to people who sub for a few month and then move on again then actually putting time into making new content for the people who loyaly paid a sub for 4 years.

Makes sense, I guess, new people do not notice all the bugs you haven't fixed for years, new people haven't played all your revamped Ops a few hundred times, new people do not complain content is too easy. So yes, you will likely make your life a lot easier by loosing all those pesky veterans that actually point out your faults. It's really annoying when a customer criticises you, isn't it? Better get rid of them.

I hope you read your metrics right then. If not, well, you have already succesfully destroyed the guilds and community that carried your game the last years, so I suppose it will suck to be you then. Have fun!

I'm usually an ******e in here, but credit where it's due -- this is a step in the right direction. Can't always prevent problems, but you can (and should) always make it up to your customers later. Well done.

Edited by Unperson

Community Topics

-eric

Thank you very much for all of this :D

Hey folks,

Community Topics

Nice items but it appears nobody is getting the actual rare items this time around. Drop rate has always been ... bad from my perspective... just seems like it got worse.

February Subscriber Gift

• Launches March 10th

Eternal Championship

Been wondering about this in all reality I have a massive group of comps that is large enough for a few ops at the same time. Most of them just sit around doing absolutely nothing. Why is only one of my comps going in with me? There have been images of an entire squad of alliance members standing in front of something ... why is that not something looked at instead of a single comp run?

New Warzone

I am amazed that you all know what a PTS is anymore and happy to see that the PVP'ers get something for once.

Bonus

• Launch date TBD

Quality of Life

Sub Rewards

Thanks everyone!

-eric

By the way.... A Helm is a subscriber reward? It better glow and and shoot lasers with actual significant damage at our target if its being worn... I honestly don't see anyone running around for long with this on.

it's an MMO and from level 1 to 65 when are you nowadays involved in a group quest? if you take out ops and WZ(which can Q solo) there's no reason to group at all. it's just a SP monthly fee game, with some forgotten group mechanics. it's still beyond my comprehension how something like this can keep running. people up for story and SP how cannot understand they don't need to pay more than once every 10 chapters or so?

i'd really like to see some new operations..now everything beyond EV/KP hm level is for guilds only, the playerbase to complete harder content in a pug is almost non-existant. taking away the reason to have that kind of content at all. even HM FP queue is dead. the stream chat was crowded with ''OPS?'' and not a single word was spent. really disappointing.

February Subscriber Gift

The Cartel Coins are a nice gesture, and appreciated. 4.1 has been a hot mess. A code to access Chapter 1, with a "feww level 60" which I'm guessing means a "new level 60?" Please clarify. Does the code grant access to Chapter 1, and a level 60 token to the recipient?

New Warzone

Good deal. I don't enjoy or do PvP, however I understand that it is enjoyable for some players.

And, hurray for using the PTS.

Sub Rewards

I laughed so hard at this. Then I realized it wasn't a joke.

Will the rest of the HK-55 costume -- my bad, armor -- be released in time for Halloween?

Edited by Nmyownworld

Hey folks,

Community Topics

February Subscriber Gift

• Launches March 10th

Eternal Championship

New Warzone

Bonus

• Launch date TBD

Quality of Life

Sub Rewards

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Oh no. I know your not ignoring me. Here's the deal. You get read of all the unnecessary mob fights. Seriously, in the recent chapter I couldn't walk three meters without having to fight a bunch of useless mobs.

I think that was probably the best live stream I've seen to date from this group. It had the perfect balance of humility and excitement. It probably didn't hurt that there was a ton to report.

Great job Musco and crew. Well done.

That guy Ben knows how to deliver like a pro, including no weak hyping that is painful to watch. I think they should try and get him in those more.

I do like the chance cubes but rather than having them as loot inside the lock boxes making everything more rare you should have them as Rare loot for Tactical Flashpoints. This way people who run those could still get something really nice from them even if its a 10% chance of a drop on each boss

By the way.... A Helm is a subscriber reward? It better glow and and shoot lasers with actual significant damage at our target if its being worn... I honestly don't see anyone running around for long with this on.

I do hope it has some kind of effect. There are a couple armors with neat things that happen when you have the on. HUD displays and such.

As a subscriber reward I'd hope it does something other than it being just an HK inspired helm. I wont get my hopes up and the other things coming down the line look pretty good so we'll see what happens.