Producer Livestream Today!

EricMusco

Anyone else find it incredibly ironic that the guild cap has been doubled at exactly the point where large guilds are dying out? I know that I personally would have been dancing in the streets if I heard this announcement a year and a half ago. Now… it's basically irrelevant aside from good feelings and memories.

Ben, this is your obligatory monthly reminder that serious endgame group content is important and your game is literally bleeding to death.

This pretty much sums it up.

I guess when there are only 2 guilds on each server the conquest titles will be easy to get,

I know my guild is going to pastures new cause ToR no longer seems to want to produce content for groups and that makes people that enjoy that sought of things to look at different games.

So with a move away from guild/group content to allow larger guilds seems a little odd, unless the plan is to just get everyone into a mega guild used solely for conquest. I can't imagine how you could organise raids and pvp with 1000 people including everyone. It seems this is more of a gimmick than anything.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is exactly what I am taking away from this stream. Nothing. They do not even bother to adress the issue of group content anymore, meaning there will be none, at the very least not until the end of KoTFE and by then it will be too late to safe the myth that this game is still an MMO.

I kept my sub up this month to have a look at how good the single chapters would be. The result was 20 minutes of cutscenes and inbetween that I had to just run around and click things while some pityfully easy enemies tried to shoot me (I could have literally stood there for 20 minutes and have them shoot me without dropping in health).

The story was neither good, nor long enough to justify a subscription or this complete negligence of group content.

I know you don't care to read this anymore Eric and devs, you decided your way and that way includes pushing your veteran players aside in favour of attracting new players. Apparently your metrics show that it is more profitable to cater to people who sub for a few month and then move on again then actually putting time into making new content for the people who loyaly paid a sub for 4 years.

Makes sense, I guess, new people do not notice all the bugs you haven't fixed for years, new people haven't played all your revamped Ops a few hundred times, new people do not complain content is too easy. So yes, you will likely make your life a lot easier by loosing all those pesky veterans that actually point out your faults. It's really annoying when a customer criticises you, isn't it? Better get rid of them.

I hope you read your metrics right then. If not, well, you have already succesfully destroyed the guilds and community that carried your game the last years, so I suppose it will suck to be you then. Have fun!

SWG had the same mentality.

It didn't work out so well for them...

Cool, so we can now have and use all 5 strongholds. Kinda sucks if we had one that was fully unlocked and then had to abandon it to buy "one of the more expensive ones".

I understand it was my choice, and I really don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, but for those of us that are in that boat I'll ask.

Does the SH we "had" to abandon come back, do we need to purchase again, if we need to purchase again, do we get a percentage off the purchase for having owned it?

The way it works depends on how you bought it in the first place. If you bought it with credits, you need to buy it again to reactivate it. If you bought it with Cartel Coins, you don't need to buy it again and can reactivate it for free. However, it's important to note that this is in regards to the initial purchase cost only. Say you had disabled a fully unlocked Coruscant Apartment to buy the Yavin Temple. When you go to repurchase the Coruscant Apartment, you'll only need to pay the initial 5000 credit fee to unlock the Apartment, after which your stronghold will be fully unlocked once again.

Anyone else find it incredibly ironic that the guild cap has been doubled at exactly the point where large guilds are dying out? I know that I personally would have been dancing in the streets if I heard this announcement a year and a half ago. Now… it's basically irrelevant aside from good feelings and memories.

Ben, this is your obligatory monthly reminder that serious endgame group content is important and your game is literally bleeding to death.

Our guild is far from dying. This is news we've been eagerly anticipating for far too long a time, imo. And we are more than dancing in the streets at the moment, woot!

Hey folks,

February Subscriber Gift

• Be a subscriber who is opted in to receive emails by 2/14...
  • Receive a code for 1050 Cartel Coins
  • Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
  • If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there

When is this mail being sent?

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

February Subscriber Gift

• Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a feww level 60
  • If you want to opt in to receive emails, go to your account page on swtor.com and you opt in there

-eric

When can we expect this code to be emailed so I will know when to start asking questions about not receiving my email rather than it just not having been sent out yet?

February Subscriber Gift

So I guess it's not 2/14 then? Or am I not subscriber enough? ***

• PTS is planned to start in 2-3 weeks (I will pass on info as I have it)
  • Will come to PTS along with the new Warzone
  • Launch date TBD

-eric

/slowClap

Finally testing, it's only been . . . I don't even know how long. A step in the right direction at long last, that has earned me continuing my sub at least for a little while longer. Now what we really need you to do is to start testing every patch before it gets pushed to the Live servers. It's really not that hard, create 3 PTS servers, possibly needing 2 different clients. One for the major updates, and one which is invite only for the story content of the major updates, and one for all the minor patches. Hotfixes should be tested at least for 24 hours, but I could deal with those not being tested as long as they work right.

Hey folks,

Thank you to everyone who tuned in today! If you missed the stream, or just want to catch up, here is a recap of the things we talked about.

Community Topics

February Subscriber Gift

• Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a free level 60

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Hello,

Where I need to receive this email and code? I am subscriber and opt in http://prntscr.com/a4v2yd

I not receive any code.

Please advice!

Regards,

Edited by -Saykor-

Someone found an official statement somewhere that the email would go out on the 18th.

See above. There's a post on the EA help site stating that we'll get the email on the 18th.

The 18th isn't over -- if it gets to be the 19th on the west coast of the North America and no email has gone out, then we've got reason to grumble.

When will we receive the 1050 Cartel Coins and the email. I am subbed & receive emails, but I have not seen either of these show up.

Hey folks,

Community Topics

• Chapter X Launch - We know this week has had its rough patches with the launch of Chapter X. We are working internally to improve these processes to avoid things like this from happening in the future. Thank all of you for your patience this week.
  • Anarchist Pack - We have definitely seen excitement around the new items in the pack, but the pack reviews have been mixed. Please keep the feedback coming as the MTX team is always looking at ways to adjust.

February Subscriber Gift

• Receive a code you can give a friend which will give them access to Chapter I: The Hunt along with a free level 60

Chapter XI: Disavowed

• Launches March 10th
  • Join forces with Major Aric Jorgan of Havoc Squad

Eternal Championship

• Fight through 10 bosses
  • Weekly Missions for defeating bosses 5, 7, and 10
  • Rare Mount and Mini-pet drops
  • Blog coming later this month
  • View the archive of the live stream for some Eternal Championship footage

New Warzone

• Coming in April with Chapter XII
  • Cross Faction Alliance teams fight together with players from opposite Factions on the same team
  • Lana Beniko will be voicing this Warzone
  • 2-5 control points throughout the map
  • Collect power-ups that affect the control points
  • PTS is planned to start in 2-3 weeks (I will pass on info as I have it)

Bonus

• Rishi Arena is coming as well
  • Will come to PTS along with the new Warzone
  • Launch date TBD

Quality of Life

• These changes are coming with Chapter XII in April
  • You can now have all five Strongholds active at a time
  • 50% increase in decoration limits for Guild Flagships
  • Common decoration limit increased to 999
  • Guilds can now have 1,000 members!
  • There is now a Legacy Name column in your guild where you can designate that Legacy's main character
  • Mass selection for editing Guild Members
  • We are working on some other QoL improvements as well which we will hopefully announce in the next few weeks

Sub Rewards

• Sub by March 1st to qualify for Early Access to Chapter XI and to receive the HK-55 inspired helmet

Thanks everyone!

-eric

I really hope the reveal that will change how the war is fought, that was hinted at in the livestream is not that the eternal fleet is controlled by Scorpio's sister that we saw in one of the early cut scenes. This isn't really much of a reveal and doesn't make a difference to how we are not fighting the eternal empire. Really hope its something that we haven't seen coming from the start.