The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GSF needs love

Greezt

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GSF is broken. Newvbies will run it for giggles or for a few Conquest points, vets will get their epeenery fix and that's the way it is.

Contrary to popular belief, vets do not get a fix from out performing inexperienced people. Which is the irony of the situation. The more new people that play, makes it easier on the newer people.

GSF is broken. Newvbies will run it for giggles or for a few Conquest points, vets will get their epeenery fix and that's the way it is.

I'm probably gonna regret this, but... Why do you hate GSF so much? And what do you do in the game?

Contrary to popular belief, vets do not get a fix from out performing inexperienced people. Which is the irony of the situation. The more new people that play, makes it easier on the newer people.

The GSF community is not the same as the PvP community. When new people play we try to invite them to keep playing, not get some sort of fix out of annihilating them because they're inexperienced and up against a steep learning curb and un-upgraded ships.

Many veterans will go to a lesser or stock ship because of the severe disadvantage another team is at.

IMO the best way to fix GSF would be to turn it into Jump to Lightspeed.

~ Eudoxia

Exactly

And I don't think you'll find a serious GSFer that wants stomps. We all fly for the 49-50 and 990-1000 matches. The best matches are winning those types of matches. The second best matches are losing those types of matches. All the other matches pale by comparison.

Edited by MDVZ

OP

sad truth is

They have zero ZERO ZERO

in store for GSF. they do not have the vision to see that they need to not only focus on their horribly written short 20 minutes of story / game play per month and actually support the larger game to a greater extent.

I am with you and want them to actually fix and add to gsf.

Exactly

And I don't think you'll find a serious GSFer that wants stomps. We all fly for the 49-50 and 990-1000 matches. The best matches are winning those types of matches. The second best matches are losing those types of matches. All the other matches pale by comparison.

Definitely! Those matches are the best by far.

I'm probably gonna regret this, but... Why do you hate GSF so much? And what do you do in the game?

I must have missed the update where they removed all content but GSF.

I have no doubt that, just like WZs, there are some GSF players who genuinely want to see more competitive play. But, also like in WZs, the majority just want kills and newbie flesh goes down quick and easy. But it really does not matter. As I said, I will run an occasional GSF for the Conquest points. I get some points, a vet gets easy kills, win/win. I could not care less about being competitive in GSF.

Edited by branmakmuffin

if they could basically recreate battlefront 2's space combat I'd be happy. It'd make for a fun casual side dish you can do every now and then

Never tried Battlefront 2. I did play the 2015 Battlefront on my Xbox quite a bit. Space combat there felt like a huge downgrade to GSF. Which is a shame, it looks pretty awesome. Just precious little underneath the hood.

I am going to put your claims to the test.

I will watch that video linked a few times, go through the entire tutorial in the game, and queue for 20 GSF points (2 for win, 1 for loss), like the folks who are told to PvP for 4X.

Then I will come back and tell you if the community is friendly, is any different from the PvP community, how fast the pop is, and how learnable GSF is for someone with no prior experience with joysticks, aiming and twitch games.

Edited by DomiSotto

I am going to put your claims to the test.

I will watch that video linked a few times, go through the entire tutorial in the game, and queue for 20 GSF points (2 for win, 1 for loss), like the folks who are told to PvP for 4X.

Then I will come back and tell you if the community is friendly, is any different from the PvP community, how fast the pop is, and how learnable GSF is for someone with no prior experience with joysticks, aiming and twitch games.

Try to do it on Harb or TRE - 2 servers with biggest gsf communities and most frequent pops.

I want to replicate an experience of a regular solo player. A regular solo player will not go on a channel or know of its existence. Unless someone invites me to join it in the game, I will proceed as if I am not aware of it. Edited by DomiSotto

I want to replicate an experience of a regular solo player. A regular solo player will not go on a channel or know of its existence. Unless someone invites me to join it in the game, I will proceed as if I am not aware of it.

You are a normal solo player who was just invited by a GSF player to join the GSF channel.

It happened on the forums, and that's a perfectly regular place to find out about it.

Does a typical new player on the Harbinger in your experience join the channel prior to playing GSF? I really do not want the odd stuff I do, like being on the forums to impact things skewing it. My PvP entry was orders of magnitude much easier than a normal player's because of all the help/tips I was getting at the forums, and because I met someone who's actively taught me a few months into it in-game. Edited by DomiSotto

Does a typical new player on the Harbinger in your experience join the channel prior to playing GSF? I really do not want the odd stuff I do, like being on the forums to impact things skewing it. My PvP entry was orders of magnitude much easier than a normal player's because of all the help/tips I was getting at the forums, and because I met someone who's actively taught me a few months into it in-game.

I don't know.

I don't think it's very odd to look on the forums. I think normal players at least lurk from time to time.

Anyway, I joined chat on harb before flying any matches because I knew it was there. I knew it was there because I learned of GSF chats existance very quickly from the forums after I started on TRE (where GSF chat is actually very quiet). That is hardly atypical, and I'd argue the fairest way to get an impression of the community is to join it. Use the chat, declare in it that you're totally new, want to learn and are looking for a group. On harb you WILL get a positive response.

Edited by MDVZ

Does a typical new player on the Harbinger in your experience join the channel prior to playing GSF? I really do not want the odd stuff I do, like being on the forums to impact things skewing it. My PvP entry was orders of magnitude much easier than a normal player's because of all the help/tips I was getting at the forums, and because I met someone who's actively taught me a few months into it in-game.

So you don't feel you are a regular player? You came to the forums to find out how and where to start pvp with your "A PVP a day" thread. Why would this be any different? Honestly, I think you are looking for a reason to not give it a chance. You went to the pvp forums to get all the help you can to figure out pvp. Why wouldn't you do the same for GSF?