The Hunger Games: STAR WARS Edition – Spectator’s Lounge

Beniboybling

At this point I think it will depend on whichever is closest, with perhaps the exception of the dark side zone.

Yep whatever's closest.

Side note: When it comes to maps and directions I'm basically useless so don't value my input that much when it comes to bits like this. :D

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another note, if we are agreed that they will seek to escape after this, what direction will they try and head in. I've recorded mention of them being potentially drawn to the Zone 2, do we think this still a likelihood?

I think they'd gravitate towards Zone 2, but may take an indirect route depending on where they are. The Jedi shrine would be a good place to recuperate, and they would probably be able to avoid the gundarks fairly easily. Unless they run into Ezra on the way there (decent chance of it I think, his Force sense abilities are unusually good, so he'd probably also be attracted to the shrine), at which point his beast control abilities would be most useful with the gundarks.

==================================================

OK spectators! A verdict has been reached, and a new encounter has occurred, see what happened in Arena:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8784132#post8784132

The Jedi have fled the Corncuopia and are headed into Zone 3, meanwhile the brothers are left with a choice of what to do next. Savage is seriously injured, but his condition is not critical, can they keep on fighting?

We've also got ourselves another encounter. The Grand Inquisitor and HK-47 are about to go head-to-head, the Inquisitor is armed with a vibrorapier and HK-47 is equipped with an a A280 blaster rifle and an E-11 sniper rifle. There are of course, many more weapons and equipment scattered about the Cornucopia where this fight takes place.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK spectators! A verdict has been reached, and a new encounter has occurred, see what happened in Arena:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=8784132#post8784132

The Jedi have fled the Corncuopia and are headed into Zone 3, meanwhile the brothers are left with a choice of what to do next. Savage is seriously injured, but his condition is not critical, can they keep on fighting?

We've also got ourselves another encounter. The Grand Inquisitor and HK-47 are about to go head-to-head, the Inquisitor is armed with a vibrorapier and HK-47 is equipped with an a A280 blaster rifle and an E-11 sniper rifle. There are of course, many more weapons and equipment scattered about the Cornucopia where this fight takes place.

I think that the brothers might try to get out and heal up a bit.

With the cornucopia starting to turn into a warzone, I don't think Maul/Savage would stick around, GI and HK aren't going to be the only ones there, or not for very long.

As for the fight between GI and HK, this is an interesting one. A light weapon like a vibrorapier would likely have a hard time inflicting damage to HK, and same with GI TK. He could probably knock around HK pretty good, but not cause any real damage.

Best strategy for HK: Keep up a steady barrage of fire to keep GI on defensive, while working his way to some of those nerve gas and/or flashbang grenades (which of course he is immune to), grab some and close the gap with GI, setting the grenade off right in GI's face.

If nerve, GI would likely have enough control not to breathe it in, but he'd have to make himself scarce pronto. HK might take some pot shots but wouldn't pursue.

If flashbang, GI would be partially stunned, and would immediately retreat, with a higher chance of HK potshots landing some hits, though likely not life threatening.

Best strategy for GI: Use the Force to throw off HK aim, knock him back and away from any further weapons and explosives while going for the electromagnetic grenades. I doubt they'd be powerful enough to take out HK (I imagine he is somewhat hardened to EM weapons) but it should scramble his systems enough for him to retreat, blasting away to keep GI from pursuing.

I see this fight as a toss up, depending a lot on who can get to some grenades, and with a very high chance of external interruption.

The GI can't just crush HK wit TK because....why now? It's only a droid with a blaster rifle, that's hardly much a threat to well...any Force User.

Also the Vibrorapier shouldn't have any issues with damaging HK. Virboweapons can cut through many armors and alloys with ease.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

With the cornucopia starting to turn into a warzone, I don't think Maul/Savage would stick around, GI and HK aren't going to be the only ones there, or not for very long.

I would agree to an extent, but with no weapons, no kills, and the biggest threats (Kenobi and Fisto) gone, I reckon they might attempt to storm the Cornucopia, and an abuse their Force powers in doing so, to secure something.

Savage's injuries are of course a factor, but if he can staunch the bleeding with torn fabric or something, he can fight.

The GI can't just crush HK wit TK because....why now?
Most Force users can't even Force crush organics, let alone a droid of his build quality.
It's only a droid with a blaster rifle, that's hardly much a threat to well...any Force User.
As an effective Jedi Hunter, whose held off some of the galaxy's most powerful champions, I expect he'd disagree.
Also the Vibrorapier shouldn't have any issues with damaging HK. Virboweapons can cut through many armors and alloys with ease.
Potentially, but then HK was built during a period where vibroweapons were quite prevalent, so maybe not. Edited by Beniboybling

One thing I will say is that HK is far more experienced in killing Force-sensitives than the Inquisitor is at destroying assassin droids, so while the Inquisitors attempts to destroy him will be hit and miss, HK will know exactly how to best terminate his opponent. Good use of nerve gas, flashbang grenades and sonic blasters will definitely be effective.

EDIT: Also note that the nerve gas though most effective when inhaled, can be partially absorbed through the skin. :)

Edited by Beniboybling

One thing I will say is that HK is far more experienced in killing Force-sensitives than the Inquisitor is at destroying assassin droids, so while the Inquisitors attempts to destroy him will be hit and miss, HK will know exactly how to best terminate his opponent. Good use of nerve gas, flashbang grenades and sonic blasters will definitely be effective.

EDIT: Also note that the nerve gas though most effective when inhaled, can be partially absorbed through the skin. :)

My thoughts exactly. I'm guessing skin contact would not be lethal, it would be... irritating.

Most Force users can't even Force crush organics, let alone a droid of his build quality.As an effective Jedi Hunter, whose held off some of the galaxy's most powerful champions, I expect he'd disagree.Potentially, but then HK was built during a period where vibroweapons were quite prevalent, so maybe not.

What? Force Users can, Jedi can, Sith can, I don't see why Inquisitors who's task it is to hunt down Jedi cannot use the Force to crush organics, the Inquisitor can lift large beasts and hurl Kanan a good distance enough with enough force to knock him out.

I don't see why it would be hard to lift something and crush it, especially if Padawans are trained to use the Force at a molecular based level. Plus the Inquisitor has lifted and thrown something larger than HK with no effort on his part, don't see why crushing would be all that difficult.

This

2. This is irrelavant, because HK had prep and help using the Foundry Droids and Malgus' space station. Here he has no such resources, he has as you said just a set of blasters to start with(which are noted by him as being ineffective against Force Users), which I don't see why the Inquisitor would just dilly dally and let HK secure potentially more lethal weapons against him.

3. No it's no potentially, just because he was created in an era where Vibroblades were in use, doesn't mean he is damage free of them. He has no suggested feats of that. In fact he barely has anything at all, all anyone ever goes by is his gameplay instances(which are vague and two of them have prep/resources involved he doesn't have here) and a description of his abilities.

We never have anything concrete on him other than his abilities and the fact of his one instance of turning the HK-50 models to his side, which is entirely irrelevant in a combat situation. The rest we know he hunted down targets which Revan tasked him on....ya know, just like any other regular Assassin droid would.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What? Force Users can, Jedi can, Sith can, I don't see why Inquisitors who's task it is to hunt down Jedi cannot use the Force to crush organics, the Inquisitor can lift large beasts and hurl Kanan a good distance enough with enough force to knock him out.

I don't see why it would be hard to lift something and crush it, especially if Padawans are trained to use the Force at a molecular based level. Plus the Inquisitor has lifted and thrown something just as large or larger than HK, don't see why crushing would be all that difficult.

2. This is irrelavant, because HK had prep and help using the Foundry Droids and Malgus' space station. Here he has no such resources, he has as you said just a set of blasters to start with(which are noted by him as being ineffective against Force Users), which I don't see why the Inquisitor would just dilly dally and let HK secure potentially more lethal weapons against him.

3. No it's no potentially, just because he was created in an era where Vibroblades were in use, doesn't mean he is damage free of them. He has no suggested feats of that. In fact he barely has anything at all, all anyone ever goes by is his gameplay instances(which are vague and two of them have prep/resources involved he doesn't have here) and a description of his abilities.

We never have anything concrete on him other than his abilities and the fact of his one instance of turning the HK-50 models to his side, which is entirely irrelevant in a combat situation. The rest we know he hunted down targets which Revan tasked him on....ya know, just like any other regular Assassin droid would.

We see GI tossing stuff around when he's not actively being shot at. HK doesn't need to take GI down with his blasters, just pin him down long enough to get more appropriate weapons, made all the easier for HK with no lightsabers in play

As for crushing vs throwing, these aren't even remotely the same thing. Go take a steel pipe, one thick enough to be comparable to armour, say a few feet long, and crush it. Of course, you can't do it without machinery. Now take that same pipe and toss it. Takes a bit of effort but quite doable with your bare hands.

If GI was capable of Force Crush, he'd have used in on Kanan. Or the giant fyrnock. Or the Phantom for that matter.

GI without a doubt could toss HK around a bit, if he can concentrate for that moment required to use the Force. If HK doesn't give him that moment, GI is in trouble. Even if GI does push him around, he has to be very careful, being a computer, HK could easily still target and retaliate with fire while flying through the air (assuming he's still facing his opponent).

And assuming HK's chassis could withstand at least some damage from a vibroblade is a very reasonable assumption to make. Not making his armour appropriate for the weapons of the day would be stupid, and make no sense. Now throw in that the GI only has a dinky version of a vibroblade, and it gets even harder on him.

We see GI tossing stuff around when he's not actively being shot at. HK doesn't need to take GI down with his blasters, just pin him down long enough to get more appropriate weapons, made all the easier for HK with no lightsabers in play

As for crushing vs throwing, these aren't even remotely the same thing. Go take a steel pipe, one thick enough to be comparable to armour, say a few feet long, and crush it. Of course, you can't do it without machinery. Now take that same pipe and toss it. Takes a bit of effort but quite doable with your bare hands.

If GI was capable of Force Crush, he'd have used in on Kanan. Or the giant fyrnock. Or the Phantom for that matter.

GI without a doubt could toss HK around a bit, if he can concentrate for that moment required to use the Force. If HK doesn't give him that moment, GI is in trouble. Even if GI does push him around, he has to be very careful, being a computer, HK could easily still target and retaliate with fire while flying through the air (assuming he's still facing his opponent).

And assuming HK's chassis could withstand at least some damage from a vibroblade is a very reasonable assumption to make. Not making his armour appropriate for the weapons of the day would be stupid, and make no sense. Now throw in that the GI only has a dinky version of a vibroblade, and it gets even harder on him.

1. Point taken, however why wouldn't the GI just rip the weapon from HK? Or toss him causing him to drop said blaster and keep throwing him around till he is dismantled?

That comparison isn't really viable, given I don't have The Force, so of course my human strength can't crush a steel pipe, but I don't see why The Force wouldn't be able to. Just because the GI didn't show to crush anything, doesn't mean he can't.

But ok sure, let's go with that he can't. Why can't he just throw around HK till he's destroyed? He didn't show that much concentration if at all when throwing around Fynocks, which are actually bigger than HK now that I read.

In fact, one smash to a wall could damage his systems.

Dinky version?....Vibroweapons are essentially all the same, they can cut through armors and metal alloys, the Vibrorapier isn't any different.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't see why it would be hard to lift something and crush it, especially if Padawans are trained to use the Force at a molecular based level. Plus the Inquisitor has lifted and thrown something larger than HK with no effort on his part, don't see why crushing would be all that difficult.

Most Force users can manage a Force choke, but even then its requires time and exertion to crush cartilage, HK-47's chassis is made of durasteel, many times stronger than flesh, so no, we have no reason to assume he could crush this material, any more than we can assume he could rend a blast door or crush a shuttle.

Naturally as Dutchman explained, simply throwing something is incomparable.

This is irrelavant, because HK had prep and help using the Foundry Droids and Malgus' space station. Here he has no such resources, he has as you said just a set of blasters to start with(which are noted by him as being ineffective against Force Users), which I don't see why the Inquisitor would just dilly dally and let HK secure potentially more lethal weapons against him.

And in this instance instead of being up against four of the galaxies greatest warriors, fully equipped, armored and wielding lightsabers, he is up against a half naked Inquisitor with a vibrorapier.

Regardless, he didn't have an external aid when he faced them in their primes on the Emperor's Space Station.

And blasters are ineffective against lightsabers, in the absence of one all the Inquisitor can do is dodge, which will make it easier for HK to control his movements, disrupt his attacks and keep him at a distance.

Considering he was designed as an elite unit by Revan, upgraded multiple times and placed in charge of the Foundry's protection above his many followers, "regular assassin droid" is hardly an accurate term.

He's also evidently a capable and effective Jedi Hunter, considering the advice he gives the Exile is clearly from first hand experience, and the main function of Revan's assassins was to kill Jedi.

Going toe-to-toe with the protags is also a pretty impressive feat, and I doubt the Inquisitor could do the same.

I don't want to put to much support in for HK, but I find these arguments to be inaccurate.

Point taken, however why wouldn't the GI just rip the weapon from HK? Or toss him causing him to drop said blaster and keep throwing him around till he is dismantled?

With a mechanised grip? It may as well be welded to his hands so I highly doubt the Inquisitor is going to relieve him of it, certainly not before HK can fire off a shot, which with the gun being pulled towards him as a high chance of impact.

Why can't he just throw around HK till he's destroyed? He didn't show that much concentration if at all when throwing around Fynocks, which are actually bigger than HK now that I read.
We are assuming that HK cannot endure blunt force trauma, as designed to kill Jedi, and going up against the likes of the Hero of Tython, Barsenthor, Darth Nox etc. he's going to have experienced some ragdolling in his time.

He is made from durasteel, so I'd find it unlikely, size being irrelevant, its weight and durability that count.

Maybe after a sufficient beating, but that's going to expend energy and leave him seriously exposed. He'll probably go for a quick kill i.e. pull him on to his vibroblade, but that means HK can shoot him at point blank.

In fact, one smash to a wall could damage his systems.
That's a total assumption. :confused:
Dinky version?....Vibroweapons are essentially all the same, they can cut through armors and metal alloys, the Vibrorapier isn't any different.
Can they cut through durasteel? I'd imagine he'd withstand a glancing blow.

Beni he did have external aid in the False Station, those 2 auto turrets and are you really suggesting that the Protags at their prime, who have handled and taken down Sith Lords and other things...4 of them would be unable to deal with an Assassin Droid? Really?...This is why using TOR gameplay isn't really viable, because logically there is no reason for HK by his lonesome to be any threat at all to the best of the Jedi or Sith, best of the Hunters, Smugglers or Agents all at the same time.

Oh so HK has a mechanized grip now? Where's that evidence?

His main function from Revan was to assassinate destabilizing targets, which is incredibly vague and could mean anything more than just Force Users. He wasn't programmed specifically for that.

Also HK's killing of Force Users wasn't done directly, again...if the two here are facing off I don't see why any of his experience helps when it requires resources and time he doesn't have. At his bare bones here, he's just an Assassin Droid with knowledge to kill Force Users with a blaster here.

But fine, let's say it'll take some effort, why would a blaster rifle pose any threat to the GI when he's shown blocking/avoiding blaster shots with incredible ease? In this case he could just avoid them, close the distance and slash the weapon or HK.

In fact, HK has some openings in his armor the GI doesn't need to attack the chest.

Here

Why not target that obvious opening and cut him in half?

Also Vibroweapons can cut through bulkhead doors and airlocks on starships, I don't think Durasteel would prove much a problem.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Beni he did have external aid in the False Station, those 2 auto turrets and are you really suggesting that the Protags at their prime, who have handled and taken down Sith Lords and other things...4 of them would be unable to deal with an Assassin Droid? Really?...This is why using TOR gameplay isn't really viable, because logically there is no reason for HK by his lonesome to be any threat at all to the best of the Jedi or Sith, best of the Hunters, Smugglers or Agents all at the same time.
Two autoturrets isn't exactly the biggest threat to the protags, and I'm not suggesting we take game mechanics at face value, but its evident his not easily dominated by Force users.

If he could be easily destroyed in the manner your suggesting it wouldn't have been a fight, auto turrets or not.

Oh so HK has a mechanized grip now? Where's that evidence?
He's a machine, he's entirely mechanised. :confused:
His main function from Revan was to assassinate destabilizing targets, which is incredibly vague and could mean anything more than just Force Users. He wasn't programmed specifically for that.
Again he tells the Exile how to kill Jedi and is clearly speaking from experience.

Irrespective of whether he was designed to do so, he is evidently capable at it.

Also HK's killing of Force Users wasn't done directly, again...
Not sure what you mean...
if the two here are facing off I don't see why any of his experience helps when it requires resources and time he doesn't have. At his bare bones here, he's just an Assassin Droid with knowledge to kill Force Users with a blaster here.
Because he is aware of what they are capable of and how to counter them, he's also resourceful and can adapt, but more importantly he knows how to kill the Inquisitor and has tools at his disposal that can kill him.

Admittedly a lack of extensive equipment puts him at a disadvantage, but he's still capable.

But fine, let's say it'll take some effort, why would a blaster rifle pose any threat to the GI when he's shown blocking/avoiding blaster shots with incredible ease? In this case he could just avoid them.

With a lightsaber, so blocking them is irrelevant.

No one of course is denying he can evade them but of course that puts him on the defensive, and its a valid point to consider that his ability to evade will be limited at say point blank range, or if subjected to nerve gas.

Also Vibroweapons can cut through bulkhead doors and airlocks on starships, I don't think Durasteel would prove much a problem.
Fair enough.

Two autoturrets isn't exactly the biggest threat to the protags, and I'm not suggesting we take game mechanics at face value, but its evident his not easily dominated by Force users.

If he could be easily destroyed in the manner your suggesting it wouldn't have been a fight, auto turrets or not.He's a machine, he's entirely mechanised. :confused:Again he tells the Exile how to kill Jedi and is clearly speaking from experience.

Irrespective of whether he was designed to do so, he is evidently capable at it.Not sure what you mean...Because he is aware of what they are capable of and how to counter them, he's also resourceful and can adapt, but more importantly he knows how to kill the Inquisitor and has tools at his disposal that can kill him.

Admittedly a lack of extensive equipment puts him at a disadvantage, but he's still capable.

With a lightsaber, so blocking them is irrelevant.

No one of course is denying he can evade them but of course that puts him on the defensive, and its a valid point to consider that his ability to evade will be limited at say point blank range, or if subjected to nerve gas.Fair enough.

1. Who says there was a fight at all? Or any length of fight, hence we don't know what happens, hence why I don't think we should use such game instances when we clearly don't know what happened. Logically however, the Protags in their prime, shouldn't have had any trouble with HK. When they have fought against much worse over their careers, we don't even know what strike team went to the station do we?...There's yet another unknown thing.

2. He's aware sure, but he doesn't have the weapons to do really much of anything. A blaster is a blaster, doesn't matter the one wielding it.

3. Fine point blank, but why can't the GI cut the blaster in half? Or cut that very exposed part of HK that is clearly exposed. Where is nerve gas coming from? They start at and are going in the same direction right? I would take the GI being faster than HK in terms of speed.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As a story element I would think it necessary for HK to be a significant obstacle for them to overcome, and we can be quite sure it was the protagonists. Both on the Foundry and the Emperor's Space Station.

A blaster has the capability to kill the Inquisitor, so of course it matters who is wielding it.

And there are nerve gas grenades scattered around the Corncuopia, as well as concussion and flashbang. Naturally HK is aware that any one of these is vital to giving him an advantage in the fight.

Destroying HK's weapon is a possible strategy, but its important to consider whether the Inquisitor will be able to pull him in close enough before HK can get off a shot.

Edited by Beniboybling

As a story element I would think it necessary for HK to be a significant obstacle for them to overcome, and we can be quite sure it was the protagonists. Both on the Foundry and the Emperor's Space Station.

A blaster has the capability to kill the Inquisitor, so of course it matters who is wielding it.

And there are nerve gas grenades scattered around the Corncuopia, as well as concussion and flashbang. Naturally HK is aware that any one of these is vital to giving him an advantage in the fight.

Destroying HK's weapon is a possible strategy, but its important to consider whether the Inquisitor will be able to pull him in close enough before HK can get off a shot.

Why does it have to be necessary? Foundry ok sure, there's those Foundry Droids helping and the protags aren't in their prime. But the station with the protags in their prime and an assassin droid is suppose to give the 4 of them combined trouble? You don't see anything wrong with that?

This being 2 full fledged Sith Lords, a Mandalorian and the top Agent of Imperial Intel.

Or 2 full fledged Jedi Masters, one of them the Battlemaster of the entire Order, a renowned Smuggler and the Commander of a Special Forces squad.

You really expect that an Assassin Droid would prove trouble to those 4 beings in their prime? What with the equipment they themselves would carry? Whereas HK's only canon equipment being a blaster rifle, thermal dets and a stealth generator. This is hardly anything unique that would prove much issue to any of the group.

I'm not seeing any logical reasoning as to why HK would pose any threat to either group in their primes.

Yeah it does have the capacity, but the chance of that is like extremely low.

Ok...but now is HK going to get even time to grab anything when the GI is upon him? I don't see why it's not possible for the GI to do so.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

"they are still coming through!"

"This is impossible!"

If vibroblades could cut through buikhead doors, this wouldn't have been so unbelievable for them.

HK's joints would have been vulnerable, but not so easy to hit.

"they are still coming through!"

"This is impossible!"

If vibroblades could cut through buikhead doors, this wouldn't have been so unbelievable for them.

HK's joints would have been vulnerable, but not so easy to hit.

Yeah after they had sealed the door twice.

https://j.gifs.com/5yLMyq.gif

2 blasts doors ontop of another door. Of course they'd be surprised that a lightsaber(which has more cutting power than a Virboweapon) would cut through double blast doors ontop of the other door.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Yeah after they had sealed the door twice.

https://j.gifs.com/5yLMyq.gif

2 blasts doors ontop of another door. Of course they'd be surprised that a lightsaber(which has more cutting power than a Virboweapon) would cut through double blast doors ontop of the other door.

The point being, a vibroweapon can't just slice through durasteel like a lightsaber could. If it hit armour, it would probably leave a healthy gash, but would not penetrate without multiple hits in the same location.

We're also talking droid armour, not cheap stormtrooper armour here.