The Hunger Games: STAR WARS Edition – Spectator’s Lounge

Beniboybling

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except his fighting style is hardly lacking if he's able to combat some of the best of the Jedi Order.

again, not implying his lack of fighting prowess, it implies how he fights.

Think bar bouncer. Not known for their intellectual capacity, but very few people would want to face off vs one. Of course, someone trained, and intelligent wouldn't find a bar bouncer that dangerous.

So think of Savage as a highly trained bar bouncer. Dangerous, but stupid.

OK, so I don't think there is much left to discuss here. Make some final points if you wish and then we'll move on.

You haven't really given people all that much time... That said...

None of the Kit Fisto arguments really matter right now. At the very minimum, he would be introduced after the 30 seconds, but what we are discussing right now, he simply isn't a variable. As for the time frame itself, they could very well kill at least Ahsoka in such a time:

In exactly 60 seconds, Savage Opress managed to defeat a agile Jedi Master, Adi Galla, who was indeed armed.

Heck, we even see just how useless most strikes, even to weak points, are unless they are done repeatedly, as Obi-wan does later in that fight. In comparison:

Ahsoka Tano:

- Padawan

- Unarmed

- H2H skill?

That said, I am no expert on Adi Galla, so feel free for others to correct me on that part.

Edited by Silenceo

Ahsoka Tano:

- Padawan

- Unarmed

- H2H skill?

That said, I am no expert on Adi Galla, so feel free for others to correct me on that part.

Things to keep in mind for her:

- Padawan to Anakin Skywalker. Makes a difference

- H2H skill is considerable. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ahsoka_Tano#Other_abilities

She may not be much of a threat but I think she could survive fairly well.

Pretty sure we're starting to run in circles with this one

I agree, we all think Kenobi and Tano won't beat the brothers, all we're arguing is how beat up they're going to be. For Kenobi we can assume he'd be OK as he's tanked blows from Grievous, as for Tano, I think she'd have a broken arm but nothing life threatening.

OK, I've also added an extra mechanic to the game so that it operates more effectively:

2nd Encounter Phase: This phase can occur during the Survival Phase if it is determined that an outside variable e.g. the intervention of an ally, might effect the outcome. The likelihood of this intervention being debated to increase or decrease the odds of such an encounter. If the encounter occurs, the scenario will be updated accordingly.

So essentially in this situation, I'd ask that we debate the likelihood of Fisto intervening to save Kenobi and Ahsoka, the likelihood of him acquiring a weapon etc. Things like his senses, ability to manevure the battlefield, evade potential obstacles etc. should be considered, as well as things that could potentially slow him down, or stop him altogether.

Edited by Beniboybling

OK, I've also added an extra mechanic to the game so that it operates more effectively:

2nd Encounter Phase: This phase can occur during the Survival Phase if it is determined that an outside variable e.g. the intervention of an ally, might effect the outcome. The likelihood of this intervention being debated to increase or decrease the odds of such an encounter. If the encounter occurs, the scenario will be updated accordingly.

So essentially in this situation, I'd ask that we debate the likelihood of Fisto intervening to save Kenobi and Ahsoka, the likelihood of him acquiring a weapon etc. Things like his senses, ability to manevure the battlefield, evade potential obstacles etc. should be considered, as well as things that could potentially slow him down, or stop him altogether.

Eh... The issue with this is the non-visual representation, not knowing who started where, and who he may encounter on his way to aid them. Or if he even notices that they need help to begin with. I mean... In 'The Hunger Games' the Cornucopia is not exactly... a calm and calculated phase. :p

That said... Who else other than the 5 mentioned thus far, may have gotten weapons and may have noticed the conflict? Who of those might want to participate?

I like it. :)

I have little doubt that Fisto will help Kenobi and Ahsoka, he's worked with both before and knows how skilled Kenobi is, though this all depends where Fisto starts from because depending on that he may not reach them or even know of their battle. As far as him collecting a weapon goes, I think he would have collected at least one weapon, if not two for the added benefit. Fisto does have an excellent sense of smell, so that could help him locate and avoid battles. In addition he is also one of the fastest and most agile of combatants here, only matched by a couple of the others, so he shouldn't have any problems going across terrain.

I like it. :)

I have little doubt that Fisto will help Kenobi and Ahsoka, he's worked with both before and knows how skilled Kenobi is, though this all depends where Fisto starts from because depending on that he may not reach them or even know of their battle. As far as him collecting a weapon goes, I think he would have collected at least one weapon, if not two for the added benefit. Fisto does have an excellent sense of smell, so that could help him locate and avoid battles. In addition he is also one of the fastest and most agile of combatants here, only matched by a couple of the others, so he shouldn't have any problems going across terrain.

Interesting thoughts, I'd also add that half of said combatants who can keep up with him are busy fighting. :p Edited by Beniboybling

If only Fisto were the opportunistic type... *sigh*

But he's not and that's why he's my Senpai. :D

Opportunist: A person who practices opportunism, or the policy of adapting actions, decisions, etc., to effectiveness regardless of the sacrifice of ethical principles.

Opportunism: the policy or practice, as in politics, business, or one's personal affairs, of adapting actions, decisions, etc., to expediency or effectiveness regardless of the sacrifice of ethical principles.

He... seems like he does so to me. :rolleyes:

Side Note: Not the morally lacking part, but then... He knows that there can only be one and that Kenobi needs his help.

Edited by Silenceo

Opportunist: A person who practices opportunism, or the policy of adapting actions, decisions, etc., to effectiveness regardless of the sacrifice of ethical principles.

Opportunism: the policy or practice, as in politics, business, or one's personal affairs, of adapting actions, decisions, etc., to expediency or effectiveness regardless of the sacrifice of ethical principles.

He... seems like he does so to me. :rolleyes:

Side Note: Not the morally lacking part, but then... He knows that there can only be one and that Kenobi needs his help.

I phrased that badly, I meant more "he isn't the type to be a **** and let his friend die". :D

Yes he is outclassed, Obi-Wan has done nothing that Maul couldn't replicate or do better and Maul knows far more martial art combat compared to Obi-Wan.

Also that 1st quote says that Obi-Wan is trained in 1 form of unarmed fighting and says nothing about mastery in unarmed combat.

By age 13 Maul had mastered numerous martial arts.

Hahahahahaha *cough* Excuse the blood.

I don't think you know what outclassed means. Cute try tho.

You haven't really given people all that much time... That said...

None of the Kit Fisto arguments really matter right now. At the very minimum, he would be introduced after the 30 seconds, but what we are discussing right now, he simply isn't a variable. As for the time frame itself, they could very well kill at least Ahsoka in such a time:

In exactly 60 seconds, Savage Opress managed to defeat a agile Jedi Master, Adi Galla, who was indeed armed.

Heck, we even see just how useless most strikes, even to weak points, are unless they are done repeatedly, as Obi-wan does later in that fight. In comparison:

Ahsoka Tano:

- Padawan

- Unarmed

- H2H skill?

I actually have to agree with Sil on this one.one. Fisto will not make it under 30 seconds 45 seconds is where I see him coming in.Maybe with weapons but if he arrives 60 seconds in then he will more than likely come armed to help the others out.He is the second fastest tribute in the game in my opinion and his arrival will make a big difference.

What I disagree with Sil is that he believe that Ahsoka will not be able to survive long enough for Fisto to arrive.Ashoka is stronger than you are letting on SIl and she will be able to stay away from Savage.In that fight the master didn't really know what he was up against and how powerful Savage really was.He gave Kenobi trouble so its more than safe to assume that Kenobi told Ashoki about Savage and his abilities Kenobi still believing he is alive would give Ashoka a warning to be careful.Now the reason why I say she will be able to hold her on long enough to wait for fisto is that she is fast enough and more than capable to keep her distance from Savage to stay alive.She will not fight she knows she can't win the only thing she can do is run and keep him off balanced.Which I believe she can do easy.

I actually have to agree with Sil on this one.one. Fisto will not make it under 30 seconds 45 seconds is where I see him coming in.Maybe with weapons but if he arrives 60 seconds in then he will more than likely come armed to help the others out.He is the second fastest tribute in the game in my opinion and his arrival will make a big difference.

What I disagree with Sil is that he believe that Ahsoka will not be able to survive long enough for Fisto to arrive.Ashoka is stronger than you are letting on SIl and she will be able to stay away from Savage.In that fight the master didn't really know what he was up against and how powerful Savage really was.He gave Kenobi trouble so its more than safe to assume that Kenobi told Ashoki about Savage and his abilities Kenobi still believing he is alive would give Ashoka a warning to be careful.Now the reason why I say she will be able to hold her on long enough to wait for fisto is that she is fast enough and more than capable to keep her distance from Savage to stay alive.She will not fight she knows she can't win the only thing she can do is run and keep him off balanced.Which I believe she can do easy.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/dstfp.gif

It will be posted soon, I'm trying to do the green bad@** justice. :D

Yea Yea Yea Yea you always say that your worst than me.Its fine I'll help you with this,am going to tell you who am routing for later but for right now Fisto need to shine.

Side note: Imagine if Plo Koon was in this as well Ultimate team up time.:p