Electro net should not exist...

Russreklaw

Seriously who thought this trash was a good idea. No class should be "balanced" around such a stupidly strong ability. Take it away and give them something that a monkey on acid didnt think of. If this thing only last a couple seconds then sure.. but its moron proof in it's current form.

I know this isnt a huge deal in the overall scope of pvp.. but abilities like this are just dumb and have no place. Hopefully they never add anymore of this type of trash ability.

Seriously who thought this trash was a good idea. No class should be "balanced" around such a stupidly strong ability. Take it away and give them something that a monkey on acid didnt think of. If this thing only last a couple seconds then sure.. but its moron proof in it's current form.

I know this isnt a huge deal in the overall scope of pvp.. but abilities like this are just dumb and have no place. Hopefully they never add anymore of this type of trash ability.

A sorc got netted before he could use his bubble I am guessing. :p

LOL.

Here's some Merc changes Bioware should do. Energy Rebounder and Stabilized Armor should be merged into 1 utility point, just like Powertechs even though Powertechs get it in their skill tree. Rocket out should be able to be used while rooted and should not be hindered by snares.

Before anyone is like omg no that would be OP. I play Arsenal Merc in both Solo and Team ranked and am very successful in both with it. It's absolutely disgusting how this classes utility points are set up. To be viable in team ranked I cannot even take movement on blazing bolts because I need both Energy Rebounder and Stabilized armor LOL.

These changes I would like to see implemented would make this class even more competent and actually worth playing, although then even more people would jump on the Arsenal Merc train.

If anyone disagrees and only does regs I don't care about your opinion as 8v8 pvp lost it's relevance for anything in 2.4

Edited by Didy_Kush

Felt better after reading this thread.. guess plenty of people have remarked in some way about this ability. I'd love an ability that would let me unload all my burst on someone.. but I guess having a crutch ability like this limits your chances of buffs to the class. No matter how bad the class people can always say, "well they still have E-net".. and there ya go. I guess that's ok. Hopefully devs don't introduce more silly abilities that limit or eliminate counters.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=803119

Felt better after reading this thread.. guess plenty of people have remarked in some way about this ability. I'd love an ability that would let me unload all my burst on someone.. but I guess having a crutch ability like this limits your chances of buffs to the class. No matter how bad the class people can always say, "well they still have E-net".. and there ya go. I guess that's ok. Hopefully devs don't introduce more silly abilities that limit or eliminate counters.

Silly abilities like say 3 types of teleports for 4 different classes and the respective mirrors? (sorc, sin, OP, PT)

Or possibly LOLslash?

Bubble?

Force Shroud?

Possibly an ability to give PT/VGs super speed HO/HtL?

If you're hoping for silly abilities to not get added then you haven't been paying attention.

Also, if you died to a merc/mando with e-net then you either blew your CC breaker on something silly, didn't use your CC breaker when you should have, or decided to keep trying to chase the merc/mando down after you were netter making the damage e-net does even worse.

"Also, if you died to a merc/mando with e-net then you either blew your CC breaker on something silly, didn't use your CC breaker when you should have, or decided to keep trying to chase the merc/mando down after you were netter making the damage e-net does even worse."

LOL. Yeah those are the only options. /rolls eyes Or I used my cc breaker totally correctly when it was needed only to have a merc show up and cast his "i win" button. And those other abilities I have no problem with.. Sure bubble is a tad cheesy but none of those abilities can guarantee a loss like net can. As many posters in other threads have also commented.

Electro net should be even stronger. Make it so even cc breakers don't work!

Yeah, what amazes me is how people don't seem to realize, that enet is actually counterable...

I mean, you'd think this one ability could be thrown on anyone at any given time, and they will always die with absolutely no way to avoid it. That is totally NOT the case.

People need to L2P, sorry to say it, but it's true.

"Also, if you died to a merc/mando with e-net then you either blew your CC breaker on something silly, didn't use your CC breaker when you should have, or decided to keep trying to chase the merc/mando down after you were netter making the damage e-net does even worse."

LOL. Yeah those are the only options. /rolls eyes Or I used my cc breaker totally correctly when it was needed only to have a merc show up and cast his "i win" button. And those other abilities I have no problem with.. Sure bubble is a tad cheesy but none of those abilities can guarantee a loss like net can. As many posters in other threads have also commented.

Well, if you used your CC breaker totally correctly then you should have had it for e-net.

If this was a ranked match, then you simply got out played because you didn't understand the abilities of other classes and how they perform. Or you don't understand you class as well as you think you do. On my juggernaut I have multiple ways to partially nullify e-net to the point that I don't really need to worry about it.

It's the same with assasins/shadows, sorcs/sages, sents/mara's, PTs/VGs, and slingers/snipers. They all have multiple ways to counter it. The only class that it is the most useful against is the sorc/sage to prevent their bubble and even then it has to be used at precisely the right time or it is wasted.

Now, if you think e-net is such an "I win" button, go back and check the rankings for every past season. The merc/mando class is one of the bottom two. Every single season. If it was a guaranteed win for whichever team had it, you would see far, far more mercs and mandos but you don't.

Now, if you think e-net is such an "I win" button, go back and check the rankings for every past season. The merc/mando class is one of the bottom two. Every single season. If it was a guaranteed win for whichever team had it, you would see far, far more mercs and mandos but you don't.

Exactly this. ^^^

My goodness. The amount of misdirected energy that goes into whining about something like ENET of all things.

Exactly this. ^^^

My goodness. The amount of misdirected energy that goes into whining about something like ENET of all things.

Because players get **** 70% of the timeby it it stays in memory much more negative than most other similar abilities.

If played properly you can work around it.

Exactly this. ^^^

Just ignore it. It's just whining from keyboard turning and clicking baddies rolling melee that don't get a guaranteed win when electronet is off cooldown.

I commented in that thread Electro net was useful for one day when it came out then every one found that a cc breaker med pack would make a merc waste it if used on you as a opener. The only time a merc should net some one is when a healer is about to die in ranked then net burst means healer dead... So many pvpers have adapted to this ability that it use is now situational at best.. Hell when running with a healer i let them know i just broke net and use nothing other then pocket heals yet there are some merc on my server that make this part of there opener on a dsp class it laughable...

OP here a tip don't use your cc breaker at all if you are guarding you should have backup.. If you are in the mix of things healer can heal you through it. If you are one on one cc break net use med pack and kick the merc butt and laugh like the rest of us do. Merc are glass cannons they die easy enough

Edited by Neoforcer

I commented in that thread Electro net was useful for one day when it came out then every one found that a cc breaker med pack would make a merc waste it if used on you as a opener. The only time a merc should net some one is when a healer is about to die in ranked then net burst means healer dead... So many pvpers have adapted to this ability that it use is now situational at best.. Hell when running with a healer i let them know i just broke net and use nothing other then pocket heals yet there are some merc on my server that make this pat of there opener on a dsp it laughable...

OP here a tip don't use your cc breaker at all if you are guarding you should have backup.. If you are in the mix of things healer can heal you through it. If you are one on one cc break net use med pack and kick the merc butt and laugh like the rest of us do. Merc are glass cannons they die easy enough

if enet causes someone to blow a breaker and a medpac while having accumulated zero resolve, then the enet has done its job. it's not the "iwin" button it was when 2.0 came out. but really. when is that scenario working out for you? in regs on an off node? or maybe against another team that's hopelessly outgunned in the first place? anyway, that seems like a hell of a trade off. assuming you're on your sin. op..merc can't stop op from lolroll and healing anyway.