Bronze/Silver/Gold (BSG) Packs Returning for a Limited Time

EricMusco

Good question!

In talking with the team, they have been making quite a few changes to the Cartel Market and packs since 4.0 launched. There are even more changes coming when the new pack launches in February.

As a part of those changes, the decision was made that BSG packs will now be consistent with the shipment packs in that they will be embargoed after a period of time. We do realize this change may be sudden but it is all a part of the evolving nature of the changes the team has been making to the Cartel Market.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

There was never any confusion. We know you went back on your word.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a pretty horrible move for them to make! I, like many others, havent been spending any money since they took these packs out. they are straight up losing money from alot of people by doing this....i cant even understand why they would do this. its not making people buy RNG packs, its making people buy nothing.

Well, this sucks. I came back to the game just after they stopped releasing these packs and once I heard they were coming back, I was glad to hear it because the extreme RNG of the alliance packs were pretty annoying. Guess I'll have to get what I can next week and keep some and sell the rest once demand goes up.

Great move, really! I'm sure you will sell more packs this way.

As for me, I'll pass. I've never bought any pack in this game, although I bought a few things directly from the store.

Recently I've started playing ESO. They don't have any hazard packs in their store. And guess what? I already bought a few outfits for my character and I'm planning to buy even more. I just hate the gamble nature of your packs.

Sad to see so much broken statements from the swtor team lately, They say 1 thing then back peddle later a few months down the road and change their previous statements. I wont per se say they promised these packs would be up all the time but their wording of "permanent" does deffinately imply a promise.

Unfort with all the broken events, bugs unfixed, major exploit left to linger for 6 weeks, lack of new replayable (story yes is considered content, I understand) ie: content like fp's, wz's, ops, or even explorable areas with new quests/nodes etc, my entire guild has quit this week.

I am not here to rant and rave etc we understand stuff happens, just more dissapointed in the game atm for a game i truely loved. Will return in the future if and when things get sorted out and more new stuff that I enjoy comes back into play in the game.

I understand a lot of ppl wanted story, but to focus everything into only story and recycling old content is not a good decision by any mmo company. When you only cater to 1 type of player instead of doing a little for all types of players, your only slitting your own throats or bottom line of making money.

Hope all goes well for everyone and hope changes occur, but with their track record lately I am not holding my breath.

Edited by Dessyre

Sad to see so much broken statements from the swtor team lately, They say 1 thing then back peddle later a few months down the road and change their previous statements. I wont per se say they promised these packs would be up all the time but their wording of "permanent" does deffinately imply a promise.

Unfort with all the broken events, bugs unfixed, major exploit left to linger for 6 weeks, lack of new replayable (story yes is considered content, I understand) ie: content like fp's, wz's, ops, or even explorable areas with new quests/nodes etc, my entire guild has quit this week.

I am not here to rant and rave etc we understand stuff happens, just more dissapointed in the game atm for a game i truely loved. Will return in the future if and when things get sorted out and more new stuff that I enjoy comes back into play in the game.

I understand a lot of ppl wanted story, but to focus everything into only story and recycling old content is not a good decision by any mmo company. When you only cater to 1 type of player instead of doing a little for all types of players, your only slitting your own throats or bottom line of making money.

Hope all goes well for everyone and hope changes occur, but with their track record lately I am not holding my breath.

We should have seen the writing on the wall when they removed all the various vendors throughout the game, so they could in a sense try and force people to buy the packs to get the armor they wanted again. That's just dirty and low. It's going to be a pretty safe bet that 95% of future content items will be through the CM only.

Imagine if all the armors that have been released through the CM were actual drop rewards from various new content missions that they had continually added. It would have given people a purpose to grind, and something to work towards and feel rewarded by, rather than the lazy instant gratification the cartel market breeds. Bioware is shooting themselves in their own foot by trying to monetize every little thing. But I guess greed knows no bounds.

BSG packs are not anything gamebreaking or a treat for the game so this quick drastic actions just show us that all you care is what affect the money you can earn from Cartel market on the other side we have to wait years and more to have a single bug fixed or a new warzone or operation being made things that you promised long long time ago

When you make a statement you cant just delete it when you want unless it is something gamebreaking or a major issue for the balance of the game and for sure this is not the case

I am sorry but this is not professinal behavior i feel like you are getting rid of things that players like and not address things we ask or that make the game unplayable sometimes

How are we suppose to trust people that make promises and than when it is time to deliver they just say IT IS NOT GONNA HAPPEN i am sorry but this is a damn fraud. There are people here that trust you and subscribe just on your word about plans for the game

Edited by Askarulez

Good question!

In talking with the team, they have been making quite a few changes to the Cartel Market and packs since 4.0 launched. There are even more changes coming when the new pack launches in February.

As a part of those changes, the decision was made that BSG packs will now be consistent with the shipment packs in that they will be embargoed after a period of time. We do realize this change may be sudden but it is all a part of the evolving nature of the changes the team has been making to the Cartel Market.

I hope that clears up any confusion.

-eric

Way to go back on your promise. This reinforces the image that you people at "Bioware" (or whatever is left of you) and your parent company EA are pathological liars and your word and promises means nothing anymore (not that the writing wasn't on the wall since you promised things like chat bubbles to be implemented in the game soon over 4 years ago and we still don't have them!). I know I won't trust your word anymore and more importantly, stop giving you my hard earned money and take my business elsewhere, and I'm thinking others that have remained loyal to you will do so sooner or later as well. Edited by Glzmo

Hey folks,

In early December we took the BSG packs off of the Cartel Market to coincide with the launch of the Strategy Alliance Pack. This certainly raised some questions on when they would be returning. We are going to be bringing the BSG packs back to the Market next Tuesday, January 12th, for a limited time. The BSG packs will remain on the Cartel Market for one week, before being embargoed on Tuesday, January 19th.

BSG packs will be treated similarly to other previous grand packs, we will be embargoing them but they are likely to return for limited periods in the future. If you want to get yourself some BSG packs, next week will be the time to do it before they become embargoed.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

I dont care about the packs TBH with you Musco. All I want is to be able to customize my companions.

:jawa_mad:

Way to go back on your promise. This reinforces the image that you, Bioware and your parent company EA are pathological liars and your word and promises means nothing anymore (not that the writing wasn't on the wall since you promised things like chat bubbles to be implemented in the game soon over 4 years ago and we still don't have them!). I know I won't trust your word anymore and more importantly, stop giving you my hard earned money and take my business elsewhere, and I'm thinking others that have remained loyal to you will do so sooner or later as well.

There is no Bioware Austin anymore, lol. Not after upcoming film release made EA remember they still have the game running. Wake up.

I'm still waiting to see direct purchase items on the cartel market get the price reduction that was promised. It was mentioned somewhere that direct purchase items were going to be much cheaper but every time you release an armor pack or a vehicle it costs way more than even the old original armor sets and certainly more than a random gold roll. Which brings me to the next point that the hypercrates, gold and silver rolls are too expensive

(not to mention the all too common junk like titles and cybernetic gear) The best price you had on hypercrates was before 4.0 during that hypercrate sale.

I was just gonna start my buying after Christmas when I didn't have all those holidays to worry about with money. I guess that didn't work.

But you have to admit, this is actually pretty smart. I'm sure we'll see these packs appear just before each quarter ends. That way, there will be a huge influx of funds that can be reported up the chain before the quarter ends. The only thing that will change this is the boycott technique but you know very little will be paid attention by the time the packs are re-released. Us poor suckers along with many who don't care or don't know or both will jump on the bandwagon of buying up those packs that are available for a 'limited time' just because they are available for a limited time. We might not even want anything in the pack but we'll buy them up because they are limited. Not to mention those who play the GTN and like to buy them up wholesale and rip us up one side and down the other for credits.

I'll admit, I was really hoping this would bring down the prices of some of the more expensive armor sets. I was hoping it would make them more available and drive the prices down low enough where I could afford them. I really think the policy is to make eight crappy armor sets, one mediocre and one awesome (well, awesome if only those damn boots didn't look like swamp waders, or the helmet didn't look like a Ferris wheel, or the gloves didn't have curtain rods hanging off them, or etc... just never seemed like a whole set by itself was cool, just most of it).

The above is what gives me pause for buying the packs. I'd have to buy a few different ones to get a full set I'd like to use. You know boots from this one, chest from this one helmet from this one, etc. But with the BSG packs, I was ready to start trying my luck... after the holidays and seeing the message that it was permanent made me decide to wait. Basically, you lost a little bit of money. The money I was ready to start spending the moment you took them off the cartel market. I'm sure seeing that the BSGs were supposed to be permanent, others did the same.

Thanks for the embargoing of these packs and all the packs.

Whilst I agree with what many people are saying around the lies being put forward here in regards to the packs I am also happy with these changes as it means I will be able to continue to sell my 1000's of CM goods, the majority of which are rare and embargoed, for incredibly inflated prices and continue to make ridiculous amounts of credits.

When those packs came in I was getting some nice items from them but the pricing on items was starting to get quite low so now I will be able to continue selling rare items for more than ever so thanks. ;)

Thanks for the embargoing of these packs and all the packs.

Whilst I agree with what many people are saying around the lies being put forward here in regards to the packs I am also happy with these changes as it means I will be able to continue to sell my 1000's of CM goods, the majority of which are rare and embargoed, for incredibly inflated prices and continue to make ridiculous amounts of credits.

When those packs came in I was getting some nice items from them but the pricing on items was starting to get quite low so now I will be able to continue selling rare items for more than ever so thanks. ;)

You are a terrible, terrible person :D

Yet again we see that eric and bw are just out of touch with the real issues. Yes your money making cartel will be updated but there are MAJOR issues with the game and we do not care anymore about your silly cartel packs.

FIX your mess.

Yep... before they left, I bought a number of these packs, lots of deco and pet packs...

I won't buy a single one on their return. I will not support these business practices.

I bought the last things off the market I need for a while. The remaining coins I have will be spent on collections and unlocks and things. You need to focus on the cartel market more and stop slacking on this aspect of your game BioWare. You can REALLY put a ton of things in the market. I don't know why you aren't :(

Yet again we see that eric and bw are just out of touch with the real issues. Yes your money making cartel will be updated but there are MAJOR issues with the game and we do not care anymore about your silly cartel packs.

FIX your mess.

*Pirate Voice*

Players be ye damned, when there is a buck to be made........YAAAR!

I bought the last things off the market I need for a while. The remaining coins I have will be spent on collections and unlocks and things. You need to focus on the cartel market more and stop slacking on this aspect of your game BioWare. You can REALLY put a ton of things in the market. I don't know why you aren't :(

Yeah.....don't fix your broken game.....MOAR SHINIES!