Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

1v1, 4v4 pvp proposal

dalethaan

I don't know if this is just me but sometimes I get turned off by pvp because warzones can get really chaotic and the hardcore pvp'er really know how to give a beating, so I propose maybe 1 vs 1 or group vs group matches so people can still get the thrill of a fight with another player and not have to be in a giant death arena to do so.

thanks

Blade & Soul is doing very well with their 1v1 arenas (esport) - the game opens up in the US in a few weeks and it looks awesome. Obviously it wouldn't work here without restrictions/changes but MMOers are really only casually dismissive because MMO devs/producers have been hammering into us for years that we should be.

Would love to have 1 vs 1 arena match. It should probably exclude healers, but all other classes would be fair game. Sure stealth would have an initial advantage, but I would still love the challenge while playing my merc/commando.

I'm sure you'd love loading into an arena as a merc ( 30-90 seconds) and then waiting another minute for the match to start, just so you can get diced by a concealment operative. I'm sure you'll keep queueing in just so you can keep getting diced by concealment operatives over and over again.

Blade & Soul is doing very well with their 1v1 arenas (esport) - the game opens up in the US in a few weeks and it looks awesome. Obviously it wouldn't work here without restrictions/changes but MMOers are really only casually dismissive because MMO devs/producers have been hammering into us for years that we should be.

It wouldn't work in this game. It would be completely dominated by sorcs/ops. There would be no reason to play any other class.

It wouldn't work in this game. It would be completely dominated by sorcs/ops. There would be no reason to play any other class.

you just described yolos and, what's left of, granked with the addition of like one other AC and swappping out one for another.

you just described yolos and, what's left of, granked with the addition of like one other AC and swappping out one for another.

Granked is mostly PT's though for tripple carbonize(despite that, most every class is still viable in granked, just people go with the easiest set up till it starts getting countered). Ops didn't dominate yolo's. They are great 1v1 but are typically easy to kill in group, especially in 4.0 with their useless burst now. Only reason they would do so well 1v1 is because they can just roll around and keep healing and whittle you down. In a group that wouldn't really be as easy since they would get CC bursted down and they can't kill fast enough either so next season I'd be surprised if many queue.

Sorcs though? Ya I'm sure season 7 yolo will be 90% sorcs again.

Edited by Raansu

Regardless I would still love to try. Perhaps some classes would be near impossible to succeed on, but then you can only surprise. In such cases all the pressure would be on the favorable class. 1 vs 1 duels would also make it hard to cry about premades like I love to :p

Noooooooooo

Ops and sorc will always win unless you're also a sorc or op

Surely a decent to good player would be able to best even these classes, assuming the other player is not of equal skill and experience. It would be a challenge for sure, but we would learn so much by testing ourselves this way. People not afraid to lose would want to play all classes and learn from it I think. I would love it and we would get pops even out of prime time.

Edited by Lundorff

I don't know if this is just me but sometimes I get turned off by pvp because warzones can get really chaotic and the hardcore pvp'er really know how to give a beating, so I propose maybe 1 vs 1 or group vs group matches so people can still get the thrill of a fight with another player and not have to be in a giant death arena to do so.

thanks

Yep - that's:eek: the solution for pvp - make it more exclusive:rolleyes:

Well, 1 vs 1 where you don't end up getting a beating by a pro PvPer is called a friendly duel with someone you don't mind practicing with. Group vs group is grouped ranked.

It would be nice to have a dueling grounds group finder to get the 1 vs 1s, but I foresee it being quickly killed off by the same horrid attitudes that are prevalent in the ranked. Gods forbid you lose a fight.... That totally a licence for foul language and bullying.

I'd rather see a smarter practice dummy for well, practice. The one that moves, uses cc's changes directions etc. Or at the very least is offset from the wall by 30 meters, in a middle of a 60 m ring, with plenty of obstacles around. Or let us build training facilities in the strongholds.

Edited by DomiSotto

Surely a decent to good player would be able to best even these classes, assuming the other player is not of equal skill and experience. It would be a challenge for sure, but we would learn so much by testing ourselves this way. People not afraid to lose would want to play all classes and learn from it I think. I would love it and we would get pops even out of prime time.

I can't imagine myself beating a concealment op on my serenity. He'd have to be playing with one hand to lose (and even then, not sure...).

Some classes are just plain better than others in 1v1.

Edited by Greezt

The anti 1v1 players are clearly the minority considering the fact that most PvPers in this game are always participating in 1v1 tournaments.

In any case it doesn't matter anyway. So FYI to the newcomers to the game offering PvP proposals, suggestions or ideas in the hopes that Bioware will consider, the devs don't read this forum, and even if they did they will never add any new content to PvP in this game beyond more cookie cutter warzones, much less 1v1 arenas. I mean obviously. Just do a search through the forums at all the countless PvP suggestions and ideas, and it's been 4 years and not one idea or suggestion has been considered. So there's your answer.

Kail-Aurius

The anti 1v1 players are clearly the minority considering the fact that most PvPers in this game are always participating in 1v1 tournaments.

Those tournaments pop up like once every few months and don't have many show up and almost every time the winner is either a stealthier or a sorc. No other class ever wins those things which is exactly why we are saying 1v1 arena is stupid. Dueling is all good in fun, but 1v1 arena would be 90% stealthers and sorcs.

Those tournaments pop up like once every few months and don't have many show up and almost every time the winner is either a stealthier or a sorc. No other class ever wins those things which is exactly why we are saying 1v1 arena is stupid. Dueling is all good in fun, but 1v1 arena would be 90% stealthers and sorcs.

Hehe well that would probably suck for some people. Oh well, back to the same ol same ol. :p Just more endless, mundane, monotonous warzoning.

The thing is, I think a lot of players are just looking for something new. There's no variety to the PvP in this game. Warzones!! That's it folks. Well, adding any new warzones in the future isn't going to get any of the old PvPers that have already left the game to come back. They just keep rehashing the same warzones with a different look. So to those who keep complaining about wait times and wanting cross server queues and such, well this is it. This is all you're going to get. PvP in this game is not going to get any better than this. And that's a guarantee.

Not that they will, but I think they should put in 1v1 arenas. It certainly wouldn't hurt the game anymore than the decline it's going through now. I would actually resub if they did. Well for a while anyway.

Kail-Aurius

Hehe well that would probably suck for some people. Oh well, back to the same ol same ol. :p Just more endless, mundane, monotonous warzoning.

The thing is, I think a lot of players are just looking for something new. There's no variety to the PvP in this game. Warzones!! That's it folks. Well, adding any new warzones in the future isn't going to get any of the old PvPers that have already left the game to come back. They just keep rehashing the same warzones with a different look. So to those who keep complaining about wait times and wanting cross server queues and such, well this is it. This is all you're going to get. PvP in this game is not going to get any better than this. And that's a guarantee.

Not that they will, but I think they should put in 1v1 arenas. It certainly wouldn't hurt the game anymore than the decline it's going through now. I would actually resub if they did. Well for a while anyway.

Kail-Aurius

I'm all for a dueling area on like the fleet or something. I just think 1v1 arena would be pointless.

Well, I stupidly didn't subscribe to my own thread so I logged back in to see alot of comments, and It seems that there are two sides one side says that 1v1 arenas wouldn't work because classes are unbalanced and things like that and the other side agrees with me to say that warzones are losing its pvp appeal. Wheras I agree that having one class dominate would be annoying, I'm hopeful for new forms of player vs player combat cause id rather not choose between warzones and requesting duels with just to fight another player.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.