ATTENTION: Share your Warzones Frames Per Second in this thread (Thanks in advance!).

SVTCarnage

Has anyone tried out the dx9.0c on windows 10 being successful?

http://superuser.com/questions/979687/how-can-i-install-directx9-on-windows-10

While DX12 is backwards compatible with DX9, if software references the DX9 library and not the DX10 or greater library, DX9 is still required to be installed. DX10+ cannot be installed and was built into Windows. This can still be installed on Windows 8.X and greater. – Ramhound Sep 29 '15 at 15:10

@Ramhound I'm aware of that runtime installer you linked to, but I hear conflicting stories about the compatibility with Windows 10. Some say it won't install, others say it does install but doesn't work and again others say it does work. For that reason I didn't refer to it in my answer. – Tonny Sep 30 '15 at 11:56

Considering any game on Steam that uses DX9 will install it, and I have it currently installed on my Windows 10 machine for that reason, I know for a fact as both a user of those applications and a programmer that the installer works on Windows 10. – Ramhound Sep 30 '15 at 12:02

And the direct link for the package:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

And web installer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displayLang=en&id=35

If one does not work, use the other one. Usually one will install, if not both.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

around 11 fps in a crowded area (Alderaan Middle, Voidstar, Novare mid)

Even dropping to ~16 in arenas when theres a huge clusterfukk.

i7 2,7ghz

6gb ddr3 ram

gtx 660

asus rampage 2 gene

been tweaking around a lot like forcing tripplebuffer + vsync and other stuff. nothing improved the fps so far.

The lowest I usually hit is 20 in 8v8, but mostly 60 to 100 FPS.

Arenas I don't dip below 60.

BTW I run at 1440p 2k, with Gsync. 144hz. Super buttery smooth ;D

Skylake i5 over clocked at 4.6ghz, gtx 970, 16GB 2800mhz ddr4, samsung 950 pro 512GB (doesn't affect fps, just thought I'd brag about my new top of the line SSD, lol)

Edited by tempMentive

The lowest I usually hit is 20 in 8v8, but mostly 60 to 100 FPS.

Arenas I don't dip below 60.

BTW I run at 1440p 2k, with Gsync. 144hz. Super buttery smooth ;D

Skylake i5 over clocked at 4.6ghz, gtx 970, 16GB 2800mhz ddr4, samsung 950 pro 512GB (doesn't affect fps, just thought I'd brag about my new top of the line SSD, lol)

Does reduce load times, significantly. I can never go back to an HDD again after using an SSD for the past 6 months or so.

How do I find out what my fps is in game?

Answer: Press Ctrl+Shift+F in game, your frame rate will be at the bottom left corner. Or you can download a free version of Fraps.

Optional but appreciated if you shared your PC specs as well with your fps

IMPORTANT: Post your LOWEST frames that you possibly get in Warzone's. I.e a Voidstar match with your character close to a lot of players fighting would do the trick.

My submission:

CPU: i5 2500k sandy bridge 3.3, overclocked 4.0 w/ cm cpu cooler

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1

RAM: 16gig's of 1600

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

PSU: 1050w Corsair

Storage: 1TB SSD

Full Tower, clean, fully operational fans.

Framerate in most warzones: Average 20 fps

The more people that share there frame rate in warzone's and PC specs the better. Keep it simple if you can, your in game settings do not matter, as your frame rate w/ pc specs is all that needs to be shared. I will also add if everyone can please post there lowest frames on warzone maps, not arena maps.

Thank you for participating!

System Configuration:

Processor: Intel Core i7 960 3.2GHz Quad Core

Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth X58

System Memory: 6GB DDR3 1600MHz

Power Supply: 800W Corsair GS

Hard Drive Set 1: Operating System Win 7 Sata 1TB Seagate 7200 RPM

Hard Drive Set 2: game drive: Sata 60GB Solid State Corsair

Hard Drive Set 3: Storage: - Sata 1TB Seagate 7200 RPM

Optical Drive 1: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x

Optical Drive 2: Blu-Ray Player/DVD Writer

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX690 4096MB 512bit GDDR5, Dual GPU

Sound Card: On board

85 Fps

• 2 weeks later...
http://superuser.com/questions/979687/how-can-i-install-directx9-on-windows-10

While DX12 is backwards compatible with DX9, if software references the DX9 library and not the DX10 or greater library, DX9 is still required to be installed. DX10+ cannot be installed and was built into Windows. This can still be installed on Windows 8.X and greater. – Ramhound Sep 29 '15 at 15:10

@Ramhound I'm aware of that runtime installer you linked to, but I hear conflicting stories about the compatibility with Windows 10. Some say it won't install, others say it does install but doesn't work and again others say it does work. For that reason I didn't refer to it in my answer. – Tonny Sep 30 '15 at 11:56

Considering any game on Steam that uses DX9 will install it, and I have it currently installed on my Windows 10 machine for that reason, I know for a fact as both a user of those applications and a programmer that the installer works on Windows 10. – Ramhound Sep 30 '15 at 12:02

And the direct link for the package:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109

And web installer:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?displayLang=en&id=35

If one does not work, use the other one. Usually one will install, if not both.

OK. So I got it installed June redistributable. Now I read somewhere that you need to put certain files into the swtor dx folder. Is this the case or is it just install and your good to go? If you have to put certain files in the swtor folders where at and what files. Enlighten me plz.

Originally posted here.

LG 5760x1080 Surround Monitors

Intel i7-5930K @ 4.2GHz on 6 cores/12 threads

EVGA Superclock GTX 980 Ti dual SLi (but I have SLi disabled for this game, so it's just using 1 card)

MSI Pro X99

PNY 32Gb DDR4 2800

Mushkin 120Gb SSD in 2x RAID-0

WD Black 1Tb in 2x RAID-0

WD Green 2Tb

Interestingly, with this beast rig of mine, SWTOR runs comparatively terrible in 16 mans, only second to Tera. I only get about 50-60 FPS with all settings maxed when I'm in a WZ - keeping in mind that my card is drawing only 1/4 less than the number of pixels of a true UHD 4K display. If I turn all setting to their lowest while still keeping my resolution, I still only get about 90-100 FPS in warzones because the game is not utilizing all 12 threads past about 40-60% each.

CPU: i7-3770K O/C @ 4.60 GHz

GPU: Zotac GTX 680 AMP! Edition (361.43 driver)

RAM: 16GB @ 2400 Mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (o/s, games)

MB: MSI Z77 MPOWER

PSU: Corsair HX850

O/S: Windows 10 Pro x64 (build 10586.36)

40 FPS/min

We have a very similar build and my frames are 30 fps. FFs.

• 3 weeks later...
i7-4790k CPU @ 4.00 GHz

32 GB RAM

Windows 10

NVidia GeForce GTX 760

SSD C drive

80-90 FPS in 8v8 Wz, never done FP or OP, wouldnt know.

Oh alright, so the lowest FPS you get in 8v8 WZ's is 80 - 90 FPS, ok thank you for answering honestly were glad to have ya. How does it feel to have the highest lowest fps on average in a warzone out of the entire thread?

Edited by SVTCarnage

Lowest I get is around 5-6fps even on everything on lowest settings, average is probably around 15fps or so; fps drops seem to happen randomly whether I'm fighting in a huge crowd or just running to an objective

CPU: AMD FX-8150 8-core 3.60ghz

GPU: AMD Radeon HD7950 3GB

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz

Mobo: Asus M5A78L-M LX

PSU: 800w

Storage: 2TB

Edited by skarvika

60 (v-sync) with the game maxed out @ 2057x1286 (weird nVidia DSR res, my good monitor broke so I'm using an old one) and no lagging, shadows are at 2048 resolution, haven't bothered with going higher. Only time I have seen less than 60 fps was on Alderon I think, was for one of the KOTFE quests when you finish it, was around 40-45 iirc.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 6700k running at 4.4 ghz, with a 4.5 ghz turbo mult

16GB of DDR4 3000

Asus Strixx 980 Ti

Crucial 250GB SSD

Windows 10 Pro

I was honestly a bit worried the game wouldn't run that well on my high end setup since the game engine is so poor.

Edited by Romeugues

CPU: i5 2500k sandy bridge 3.8 GHZ

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC

RAM: 16gig's of 1600

Mobo: Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3

PSU: 1050w Corsair

Storage: 1TB SSD

mid tower, fully operational fans.

Framerate in most warzones: Average 20 fps

sometimes lower to 17-18

I'd be curious how many of you guys are running gsync or freesync monitors? There's one response sounds like he/she is using a Predator or ROG Swift monitor and getting good frame rates. With the fluctuation in FPS I'm curious if the game smooths out at 1080 and 1440 with gsync and freesync.