[SPOILERS] STAR WARS: The Force Awakens Questionnaire!

Beniboybling

Okay so it seems most people have seen The Force Awakens by now so I thought I'd throw together a questionnaire for some fun. Just answer the questions and post your response below, and no need for spoiler tags. :jawa_wink:

1. How do you rate the The Force Awakens out of ten and in relation to previous Star Wars movies?

2. Who is your favourite (new) character so far and why?

3. Who is your least favourite (new) character so far and why?

4. Out of the returning Original Trilogy cast, who gave the best performance?

5. What was the most awesome/epic moment for you in the movie?

6. What as the funniest moment for you in the movie?

7. Do you think Rey might be a descendant from the Skywalker line, and if so is she Luke or Leia's daughter?

8. The death of Han Solo, your thoughts? Should he have died, should it have been done differently?

9. How do you rate the lightsaber duel out of ten and in relation to previous lightsaber duels?

10. How to you rate the film score out of ten and in relation to scores from the previous movies? And if you have a favourite soundtrack/theme, which was it?

11. If you could change one thing with the movie, what would it be?

12. Finn is featured wielding a lightsaber in the film and in promotional material, but he is never actually depicted using the Force. Do you think he is Force sensitive?

1. 6/10

2. Kylo Ren. I like bad guys more. I often find heroic characters to be boring and too simplistic in their motivations so unless it is cartoon villainous the bad guy is more interesting to me. Plus I like the whole family thing with Han, Leia and “Ben” (Jacen)

3. I like pretty much everyone. If there is one it would be Rey. She was over powered especially since she was just starting to discover her force power. She can force persuade and fight Kylo without any training. It is jumping her development too fast. Other than that I do like her and I hope that maybe she had training in her past that would at least give some reason other than super strong in the force as to her abilities.Rey is most likely a Grandchild of Anakin also and she could be the Jaina Solo equivalent. So I hope they do “fix” this as Jaina came across as a Mary Sue at times and I really don't want that happening to Rey ( even though the damage is done)

4. Han Solo/ Harrison Ford

5. Hard one. I have to say the super weapon of the First Order. I feel like they are giving a nice nod to the Rakata and the star forge.

6. Can't remember, the humor didn't really leave an impression on me.

7. See answer 3. I think it could go either way

8. For the overall story of the Star Wars franchise I didn't think it was needed. It could have worked with Han living on. However for Kylo Ren's development and commitment to the darkside it makes sense. The moment itself could have done with more emotion but otherwise it was nicely done and bittersweet how Han still love his son even as he was killed by him.

9. 4/10 It could have been much better, hopefully in the future they will be.

10. Very bad 1/10. Felt no passion or drama from the score. As for favorite soundtrack/ theme

this movie: none. In Star Wars : A hero falls.

11. A lot. I won't make Rey so overpowered early on. Better lightsaber battles. More emotion and heart from the actors. There are many others but I won't go into it.

12. Unknown. I hope so all I could think was that he was going to cut his own arm off waving the lightsaber about.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. How do you rate the The Force Awakens out of ten and in relation to previous Star Wars movies?

4/10, worst SW movie to date. Might rate it higher when my initial disappointment fades.

BB8. Kylo is a joke, Finn and Rey didn't really move me, Poe, Snoke, and Phasma barely had any screen time so they are irrelevant.

Kylo. I don't care how people try to explain it, but him losing to a scavenger and not stomping a janitor is pathetic. And that's beside his ridiculous puberty tantrums.

Han. Not even a contest, he's the only reason I didn't walk out of the cinema.

Not sure. Maybe Snoke talking...yeah it was that boring for me.

Finn - "We will use the force."

Han - "That's not how it works"

7. Do you think Rey might be a descendant from the Skywalker line, and if so is she Luke or Leia's daughter?

Probably. And out of the two she's Luke's, Leia wouldn't make much sense.

8. The death of Han Solo, your thoughts? Should he have died, should it have been done differently?

Him dying wasn't a bad decision, but it was executed poorly. They pretty much glossed over it and you could see it from miles away that it's gona happen.

9. How do you rate the lightsaber duel out of ten and in relation to previous lightsaber duels?

1/10 by being generous. There are worse looking duels but at least they made more sense.

10. How to you rate the film score out of ten and in relation to scores from the previous movies? And if you have a favourite soundtrack/theme, which was it?

-1/10. Yet again hilariously disappointing. Felt like Williams just restored his Recycling Bin and went with it. Couldn't recall any memorable tone even if they'd put a gun to my head.

I'd change the title to "A New Hope 2". One change wouldn't make this failure good in my book, so might as well just make it honest.

These are the short answers, didn't want to make a rant :p

Anyhow, what are your answers Beni?

This.

Only I would not rate it higher than 2

Hmm the more I think about the movie the more I'm disliking it.

I feel like giving a 4/10 instead of my first 6/10.

There are certain problems with it that are common in nearly all recent Hollywood films that are leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Which is pity because I really want to like this movie. I just don't know how to feel about it now.:(

I really can't understand people justifying the dislike for the with Ren being defeated by Rey. Skipping the part he was shot on the belly by a Wookiee Crossbow, if you think that makes no sense, you must really hate ESB.

Fans of the EU, the visitors of these forums and this forum section in particular are more often than not Sith geeks. It's only natural that some of them would want the Dark Side character to have a more awesome presence and vibe than the emo wannabe Ren.

Edited by Kaedusz

5/7

only Episode 1 and Episode 2 score lower

I liked Ep.1 for introducing Liam Neeson as Qui Gon (didn't like how he died) and liked Ep.2 for introducing the concept of the Clone Wars and Clone Army. One of my favorite scenes in Ep.2 was Kenobi's capture on Geonosis, Dooku discusses how Qui Gonn was a maverick and would have sided with the Confederacy of Independent Starsystems. Episodes 1 and 2 were all about Qui Gon, Kenobi and the Clones.(did not appreciate Kenobi's hair in Ep.2)

In this order

1. Rey
  2. Snoke (dont really like him, felt a baddie needed to be here, so much unanswered)
  3. Finn
  4. Poe
  5. *The asian Admiral in Resistance Base (an actor from Lost)
  6. *The fat Pilot during resistance briefing and Starkiller Base dogfight (an actor from Heroes)
  7. BB8
  8. Kylo Ren
  9. Brenne of Tarth

I don't particularly like force-sensitives but Rey was the most interesting new character this movie, the most questions to answer largely because her character is interwoven with Episode 8 and her story is left in hang. Stuck on Jakku with the promise of her family's return, scavenging for food, her insistence on waiting in Jakku. Awakening force powers so quickly, how did it happen, what gifts was she born with, how did she unlock so much power so fast. What is an awakening in the force? Now she pilots the Millenium Falcon and has Chewie as a first mate. After Solo she's the next bestest character in the TFA cast.

* I'm half joking adding these minor characters in here, creating some distance between the bottom and spiting some of the characters I loath.

Brenne of Tarth. Why is a game of thrones character in a star wars movie. I see the writers went with giving a nod back to Boba Fett as a quiet silent character in cool armor but Phasma was so out of place and such a subordinate to the chain of command with little room to be interesting. This character just seemed like a gimmick, didn't like Phasma, such a pop culture choice of actor to place in the movie for a gimmick.

Unable to comply, can't measure Luke's performance.

I want to say Han Solo but he was badly written, I think the writers gave up and decided never to write for Han Solo again. Wanted to get rid of the character as fast as possible because they couldn't write for the galaxy's most wanted scoundrel.

The shot of the X-Wings over the water coming to the rescue and forcing a first order retreat.

The First Order Stormtroopers walking away from Ren's tamtrum for losing Rey in torture room, Ren was calling out "GUARDS, GUARDS." they just 180* and walked away.

Mr. "I'm with the resistance" in the Jakku marketplace when he lies to Rey and Mr. "Oh, I'm a Big Deal" in later interactions with Han Solo.

I'm not calling anything, I want to be surprised by her origins, maybe a female Anakin with unknown high-midichlorine count parents.

As stated before, writers got fed up with coming up with voiced lines for him wanted the new trilogy to move as far away from the past as fast possible.

Tactically speaking the most level headed scoundrel in the galaxy walking on a catwalk with no rails with no cover, seemed like a stretch of the imagination, not something Han would do, EVER. When I saw Han follow Ren on that catwalk, I'm like "this is not going to end well for him, this is so not a Han thing to do." I blamed Leia for instructing Han Solo to bring back their son with them. When Ren was saying how he wanted to leave the dark side, "no way Han is going to fall for these lies, he's totally faking." "No way Ren is going to have such a quick change of heart."

His death should have been handled differently, but I guess a son would be his only vulnerability. Old Han would never have let his guard down like that, he always shoots first. Greedo and Vader in Cloud City.

Doesn't beat Anakin vs. Kenobi

It's on a similar level as the Darth Maul fight because of the ups and downs, but one of the best fights so far, except Rey's meditative trance took a little way too long.

8/10

Will take some getting used to, some of the new themes don't resonate or register as being star wars yet, I'll have to brainwash myself with the new themes to recognize it's place.

The space battle at the end, using X-Wings for bombing runs and dogfighting simultaneously. Seemed like a poor commitment of forces when the fate of the Resistance depended on the success of the aerial mission.

12. Finn is featured wielding a lightsaber in the film and in promotional material, but he is never actually depicted using the Force. Do you think he is Force sensitive?

No.

Edited by Falensawino

5/7

only Episode 1 and Episode 2 score lower

I liked Ep.1 for introducing Liam Neeson as Qui Gon (didn't like how he died) and liked Ep.2 for introducing the concept of the Clone Wars and Clone Army. One of my favorite scenes in Ep.2 was Kenobi's capture on Geonosis, Dooku discusses how Qui Gonn was a maverick and would have sided with the Confederacy of Independent Starsystems. Episodes 1 and 2 were all about Qui Gon, Kenobi and the Clones.(did not appreciate Kenobi's hair in Ep.2)

In this order

1. Rey
  2. Snoke (dont really like him, felt a baddie needed to be here, so much unanswered)
  3. Finn
  4. Poe
  5. The asian Admiral in Resistance Base (an actor from Lost)
  6. The fat Pilot during resistance briefing and Starkiller Base dogfight (an actor from Heroes)
  7. BB8
  8. Kylo Ren
  9. Brenne of Tarth

I don't particularly like force-sensitives but Rey was the most interesting new character this movie, the most questions to answer largely because her character is interwoven with Episode 8 and her story is left in hang. Stuck on Jakku with the promise of her family's return, scavenging for food, her insistence on waiting in Jakku. Awakening force powers so quickly, how did it happen, what gifts was she born with, how did she unlock so much power so fast. What is an awakening in the force? Now she pilots the Millenium Falcon and has Chewie as a first mate. After Solo she's the next bestest character in the TFA cast.

Brenne of Tarth. Why is a game of thrones character in a star wars movie. I see the writers went with giving a nod back to Boba Fett as a quiet silent character in cool armor but Phasma was so out of place and such a subordinate to the chain of command with little room to be interesting. This character just seemed like a gimmick, didn't like Phasma, such a pop culture choice of actor to place in the movie for a gimmick.

Unable to comply, can't measure Luke's performance.

I want to say Han Solo but he was badly written, I think the writers gave up and decided never to write for Han Solo again. Wanted to get rid of the character as fast as possible because they couldn't write for the galaxy's most wanted scoundrel.

The shot of the X-Wings over the water coming to the rescue and forcing a first order retreat.

The First Order Stormtroopers walking away from Ren's tamtrum for losing Rey in torture room, Ren was calling out "GUARDS, GUARDS." they just 180* and walked away.

Mr. "I'm with the resistance" in the Jakku marketplace when he lies to Rey and Mr. "Oh, I'm a Big Deal" in later interactions with Han Solo.

I'm not calling anything, I want to be surprised by her origins, maybe a female Anakin with unknown high-midichlorine count parents.

As stated before, writers got fed up with coming up with voiced lines for him wanted the new trilogy to move as far away from the past as fast possible.

Tactically speaking the most level headed scoundrel in the galaxy walking on a catwalk with no rails with no cover, seemed like a stretch of the imagination, not something Han would do, EVER. When I saw Han follow Ren on that catwalk, I'm like "this is not going to end well for him, this is so not a Han thing to do." I blamed Leia for instructing Han Solo to bring back their son with them. When Ren was saying how he wanted to leave the dark side, "no way Han is going to fall for these lies, he's totally faking." "No way Ren is going to have such a quick change of heart."

His death should have been handled differently, but I guess a son would be his only vulnerability. Old Han would never have let his guard down like that, he always shoots first. Greedo and Vader in Cloud City.

Doesn't beat Anakin vs. Kenobi

It's on a similar level as the Darth Maul fight because of the ups and downs, but one of the best fights so far, except Rey's meditative trance took a little way too long.

8/10

Will take some getting used to, some of the new themes don't resonate or register as being star wars yet, I'll have to brainwash myself with the new themes to recognize it's place.

The space battle at the end, using X-Wings for bombing runs and dogfighting simultaneously. Seemed like a poor commitment of forces when the fate of the Resistance depended on the success of the aerial mission.

No.

I have no plans of ever seeing this sorry excuse of a movie..... the story sucks. han's death was stupid, thru the expended universe luke and mara jade skywalker had a son named "ben" who was named after obi one han's kids who where twins was named jaden and jayen ( I know I spelled this wrong) and there had been a third who was named after darth vader jaden was the one who crossed over to the dark side... and the writers of this new story knew this. but they had to change it.. and even what they are trying to say what happen to luke is a load of bs

so to answer this questionnaire fairly did not like the movie I would not pay to see it but I am just one person

have no confidence in Disney to do this right

Okay so it seems most people have seen The Force Awakens by now so I thought I'd throw together a questionnaire for some fun. Just answer the questions and post your response below, and no need for spoiler tags. :jawa_wink:

5 > 7 >> 4 > 6 >>>>>>> 3 >>> 2 >> 1

BB8? He showed the most emotion out of anyone in my opinion. Not that the others did a bad job, but that he did such a good job. Also some emotions of actors were questionable. Like I thought the guy playing Finn did a great job, but I never understood his character's motivation for half the stuff he did other than running away for instance. If not the droid than Rey I suppose comes at a distant 2nd.

Snoke. Seemed like a really bland, really lame Palpatine wannabe. Kylo Ren would probably be a close 2nd though.

Harrison Ford by far. He was in the majority of the movie, unlike the other actors, and he did a great job over all.

Hmm I don't know, stopping that blaster bolt in mid air was pretty epic, but really not sure. There were a few good scenes that I liked.

The two storm troopers walking in the starkiller base, and seeing the temper tantrum from the other room, pausing thinking F this, and turning around was pretty funny.

At this point I really hope so. Because Kylo having Skywalker blood in him, and getting owned by someone with 0 training would be embarrassing if it was done by someone with just force aptitude. At least if Rey had Skywalker blood mixed with another powerful force user mom, maybe, maybe I could over look the Skywalker / Solo blood line being less powerful because it's mixed with Solo as opposed to two force users, to where Rey was able to hold her own with no Jedi training.

[

I was sad, but I think it was needed to progress Kylo as a character and by extension Rey. I think Rey will do what Skywalker and Solo failed to do, and that's redeem Ben. Thus proving that the new generation has surpassed the old. Otherwise any other outcome would be a failure in my opinion.

Edit : I should mention that in my opinion when Rey redeems Kylo, he won't die like Vader did when Luke redeemed him. I think he'll have a few scars or what not, but still be alive by the end of it all.

4 / 10 at best. It wasn't as flashy as the prequels, and it felt less intense than the original ones. Maybe it's my old age, just giving less of a **** about things now tough. But ya wasn't really impressed by any means.

7 / 10. It was entertaining, but it definitely had plot holes, and a lot of them.

Starkiller base. Why, God why?!! Honestly, that was the worst decision of the film. Any other big threat would have been better than a 3rd rehash of the death star. Oh but it's bigger and more dangerous.... Lame as F k!.

I don't. However I kind of like the idea that you don't have to be force sensitive to be a bad ***. I've always hated the emphasis that force users got to being nearly god mode with their magic ****, and everyone else was an insect beneath them. This movie put it in perspective that training can make you good with out needing the force. It's been done in other movies too like clone wars of Jango vs Obi, and other content as well, but I feel this one did a better job of emphasizing that. However it also pissed off a lot of people too, because it weakened the trained force user substantially in order to progress poorly thought out plot. If Finn used a combination of grenades, sonic weapons, traps (okay in this scenario he wouldn't of had time to set them up) and brains to hold his own against Kylo, I would have enjoyed that a whole of a lot more than him being a light saber duelist.

Edited by Setta

The lucky number of 2 TFA rivals TPM for the worst Star Wars Movie ever

BB-8 was actually the most enjoyable character of the movie

Jar Jar Binks ops sorry i Meant FN-4128

Obviously was Han Solo cause he had the bigger role on the film

FN-4128 with BB-8 at Milenium Falcon

FN-4128 with BB-8 at Milenium Falcon

Yes cause they already going that path with Anakin's Saber passing around at Skywalker Family and her Visions of Future/past related with Luke.She already had 3 Jedi Masters Guiding Her with Voice Acting Anakin/Yoda/Kenobi.

Yes and it was part of the deal he never really wanted to continue playing the Character,he Survived ROTJ cause lucas changed the ending so he wont die.Since they went Darth Caedus Route what a better ending for him.

Perfect since at that time it explained they never really practiced dueling skills and fights would be primitve and brutal.

underwhelming score for John Williams.

Whole movie ........ that Rehash of New Hope My God Why they tempered with Michael's Arndts Script oh yes ofc it Had Luke at the Center....

No it wasnt they already Admited it was a trick they used to hide plot details of the movie,and its a common strategy by J.J.Abrams on his movies.

Honestly im very disapointed from this movie not that i expected something Awesome but i hoped something atleast decent.

Kylo Ren = Not Intimidating Villain

General Hux = That speech made me laugh

Phasma = Move along

FN-4128 = Jar Jar

Rey = SuperSayian of the setting her scenes were abit too much for inexperienced force user

Rey. She is great. And Poe Dameron looks promising.

Snoke. He reminds me of Golum, not sinister enough.

Harrison Ford, of course.

Solo and Chewie entering Millenium Falcon, "Chewie, we are home". I cried.

Rey's force persuade :) "and you will drop your blaster".

And the moment when Poe and Finn were going to escape but TIE wouldn't take off.

Luke's of course!!!!!!!!!!!

It's very sad, but unfortunately necessary for the story. Otherwise, Kylo Ren's darkness was not convincing.

7/10.

The mental duel when Kylo and Rey were getting into each other's heads. Would have been better if we were shown some flashbacks of Kylo's memories and fears, what Rey saw. It was intense, but silent and lacking something. Ought to have been much more intense and impressive.

No

Edited by Burana

Thought it was better then 1,2,3 and 6

Kylo Ren and Rey. Because one is beginning to fall further to the dark side and Rey is just beginning to realize that she isn't the person that she thought she was.

Captain Plasma as she was hyped up and had little to no substantial role.

Han Solo, is this even a question.

Han and Chewie apperaing on screen for the first time

Did also enjoy General Hux's speech about how the Empire or Order would rule again

BB 8 and his quips

7. Do you think Rey might be a descendant from the Skywalker line, and if so is she Luke or Leia's daughter? This is a no brainer. Star Wars has always been a Skywalker family tale. While its taken some aspects from the EU (Ren could be Darth Caedus) i think the have replaced Jaina with Rey and made her Luke's daughter. Otherwise why the massive emphasis on her finding Anakin/Luke's lightsaber and why send her to find Luke?

8. The death of Han Solo, your thoughts? Should he have died, should it have been done differently? No i thought i was done in a way that showed Ren overcoming the conflict that was going on inside of him. Was sad to see him fall but i was bound to happen.

6/10 it was great to see Finn, attempt to use a lightsaber but we saw very quickly that even a badly injured Force User can toy and ultimately beat him. The raw aggression and power was great to see.

8/10 the traditional theme music was amazing

Starkiller Base. Understand that its moved to a planet but seriously guys. Learn from the first 2 Death Stars.

No. I think he was trying to do the best that he could. Seriously if hew was Force Sensitive I'm sure the Snoke/Ren would have picked up on it when they first where training him.

9/10 way better than the prequels and on par with the originals.

Hard call but I'm going to go with Finn as he is essentially just muddling through everything, up until now he has known nothing other than what he was told by the First Order. He is now calling his own shots and has lots to learn.

Captain Phasma but only because she not really a part of the film.

I know everyone is saying Han because of the large amount of screen time he got but I'm going with Luke. Considering he only had a minute of screen time and no lines, I think he was exceptional!

There were a lot but again I have to go with Luke's scene.

The one that made me laugh most the second time through was BB-8's thumbs up!

Of course, has to be Luke's.

I think it was essential for the story development of Kylo Ren.

Obviously they weren't as exciting as the PT fights but they were well done and appropriate for the people involved.

8/10

It was maybe a little too fast paced for a first in the trilogy so a little more building of the background setting.

I hope so.

8/10. Solid, with more pros than cons. Not the best (I hold episode V at that position), but definitely better than most. Best use of graphics, superb acting/cast, though storyline could have done with less close parallels to Episode IV. The diversity of the main cast was brilliant, and welcome.

Poe Dameron. I always found the exploits of the rebellion pilots (now resistance) to be worthy of note. It was good to see them in action, with confidence and strength. Poe personified these qualities, which diverges from the general timid and nervous feel I got from the pilots in the other films.

Snoke. As to the why, it's more of a feeling... I think he could have been revealed differently.

Difficult to say as a definite besides Ford, considering the minimal amount we saw from Fisher, and even less of Hamill. Though we can't be certain how involved the original actor is involved with each of his scenes, I'd still say Chewbacca as a returning 'character' gave the best performance out of those returning from the original trilogy.

The scene where Rey, using the force, takes possession of Luke's lightsaber, right before Kylo's eyes. Shot of them both with the backdrop of the snow and trees, and a familiar soundtrack plays right before an inevitable fight... Epic moment right there.

Kylo taking out his anger at some innocent hardware, as two stormtroopers are about to walk by. Upon hearing the commotion, they stop and look at each other... then turn around and walk away.

She seems to be Luke's daughter, given her connection to his light-saber and reaction to physical contact with it. Explanation of why she would be left on Jakku, is perhaps to shield her from the dangers of falling to the dark side that comes to every force-sensitive going through training, and beyond.

Crushing, but necessary for the sake of 'tragedy', I suppose. May set the stage for the return of another original trilogy character - Lando Calrissian. He was too important in Episode VI to be completely left out of the new trilogy, so he may yet see a return with the added drive to avenge Han's death.

10/10. Not overly choreographed, yet not stiff and too slow. The kind of melee fight one would expect between two force-sensitives without complete mastery yet. Gritty and raw.

7/10. Good, but not ground-breaking like my favorite (Episode V).

There are several, to be honest. If I could pick one small detail though, it would be how the ending was handled. I'd have liked to hear Luke speak to Rey, and acknowledge their lineage by saying: 'The force is strong in my family. My father has it; I have it; my sister has it. You have that power too." End credits...

No. However, I wonder if he may be a Calrissian.

Edited by AztecSoul

8/10. Compared to previous Star Wars movies? Hard to say really. For me, the acting (more accurately the chemistry between the actors) and dialogue had always been among weaker points in the previous movies. In this movie, I thought they were the stronger points, that and the effects were the best. The world and fantasy presented were just 2 cars on the nostalgia train for me, so not much there, it's star wars, so I love it but the other trilogies did a better job of presenting the "fantasy".

Finn and Rey, or rather the two together. I loved the chemistry the two actors had. Maz was cool too, I really hope she shows up again.

mmm... The whole first order, I just kind wished there was more about them other than being bad guys.

I'd say Harrison Ford, because he got most of the movie. I rather liked Han + Chewie scenes the most. In fact I liked all the Chewie scenes.

Hard to say. I liked seeing all the empire wreckage on Jakku. The escape seen on the Millenium Falcon was pretty dope for that. Hmmm Also the final lightsaber duel was good.

So many! Han and the bowcaster scenes, Poe and Kylo, Finn meeting Rey:

"Yeah, I'm resistance *lowers voice* I'm resistance."

"I've never met a resistance fighter"

"Oh, this what we look like"

Maybe? I definitely think that Rey was at Luke academy as a young'in, the way she hapzardly was able to use the force as if it was somewhere in her subconscious and how she seemed to be remembering something when Kylo mentions the force to her during their duel.

I thought it was perfect for progression of the other characters in the story. Han Solo definitely had a huge presence in the movie and I feel anxious about how they will continue without him, he definitely "carried" some scenes.

9/10, not as flashy as PT duels were but between beginners and whatever level Kylo is, it worked well. Plus the colors! The setting was so perfect!

I barely remember it outside of recognizing bits from the other movies. So like 5/10 because it didn't suck enough to notice either.

The whole "Death Star" but this time it's a planet, was silly.. I would have done something that didn't involve blowing up the death planet. Or even a death planet. I'd have a regular planet, and not do the huge space battle but rather a bigger rescue team and a small ground battle.

Parts of me hopes so, another part hopes not.

I rate the movie a 7.5 out of 10, and in a ranking of all the movies to date (Including the animated Pilot movie for Star Wars: The Clone Wars) I place it in a tie for 4th with Return of the Jedi.

I really liked Finn. He was enjoyable. At times I liked Rey, but something about her felt off. Can't really put my finger on it. BB was enjoyable too, but it's hard to not enjoy droids in this franchise.

Hux. He was a poorly done character that they used to try and emulate Tarkin, but without Tarkin's ultra cool, ultra calm and very British demeanor.

Tie between Han and Chewie. Both of them slid into their roles very well and it was as if time had not passed them by.

I'll be honest...Not sure I have one. Can't really say that anything was so epic as to stand apart from the rest of the film and truly leave me excited as with other movies in the franchise. Even in my personal worst Star Wars movie (Phantom Menace) I felt the duel between Maul/Kenobi/Jinn was an epic moment. This was a huge knock on this film if you ask me, that none of the film produced a moment even on the level of Phantom Menace.

Han being Han. His banter. But especially that moment when he tells Finn that Women ALWAYS find out. :)

I actually got the impression that Rey was not of either line. And her decidedly quick learning of the Force and how easily she adapted gave me the impression that her line was much more...impressive. Scoff if you like, but it wouldn't surprise me if we found out she is a descendant of the Shan/Revan line. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

To be honest, I thought it was Chewie that we would lose. I had a feeling through most of the movie, that Chewie would be killed by Ren, and in doing so Han would be so stricken by grief he would leave the galaxy behind, and retire to the unknown. It was actually a surprise for me to see Han killed.

Lightsaber duel I gave a 9 out of 10. I liked that it had a more realistic combat feel with less choreography dance like the Prequel duels, yet wasn't stick poking like A New Hope.

This was a weak point in the film for me. Unlike most of the Original Trilogy, where the score was epic and very well timed with the film, I felt like this new score was bland and not well timed at all. Heck, the score for The Clone Wars animated series is much better than the score for this film, and it wasn't even a John Williams production!

They made a point that Luke Skywalker has set out in search of the original home of the Jedi. By all accounts, isn't that Tython? So why did it appear he was living on Waterworld? If indeed they intended for Luke to be on Tython, then JJ should have worked with Bioware (like Dave Filloni did on Clone Wars) to offer a better tie-in with The Old Republic and the locations we know. Perhaps a flyover of the decaying ruins of the Jedi Temple (much like in SWTOR) before landing and setting off down a wooded trail towards a cave containing Master Skywalker.

No. I think it's merely meant to throw off the viewers to give more weight to the reveal of the movie franchise's first female active Jedi. (Leia isn't really trained or uses the Force in a Jedi capacity so in my book she doesn't count.)

They made a point that Luke Skywalker has set out in search of the original home of the Jedi. By all accounts, isn't that Tython? So why did it appear he was living on Waterworld? If indeed they intended for Luke to be on Tython, then JJ should have worked with Bioware (like Dave Filloni did on Clone Wars) to offer a better tie-in with The Old Republic and the locations we know. Perhaps a flyover of the decaying ruins of the Jedi Temple (much like in SWTOR) before landing and setting off down a wooded trail towards a cave containing Master Skywalker.

Different continuities. Tython was the home of the original Jedi in the "Legends" continuity (aka the old EU) - we don't know if that's the name they'll choose to use in the Canon continuity.

Even if they do use the same name and take some inspiration from the Legend's version of Tython, it'll still be different - an analogy would be the difference between Marvel's mainstream comic (616) Nick Fury and Marvel Cinematic Universe Nick Fury.

Edited by DarthDymond

Different continuities. Tython was the home of the original Jedi in the "Legends" continuity (aka the old EU) - we don't know if that's the name they'll choose to use in the Canon continuity.

Even if they do use the same name and take some inspiration from the Legend's version of Tython, it'll still be different - an analogy would be the difference between Marvel's mainstream comic (616) Nick Fury and Marvel Cinematic Universe Nick Fury.

Ok, fair enough. And an excellent point about Fury / Ultimate Fury.

I have to admit that I had forgotten Lucasfilm/Disney reclassifying all the EU stuff and creating a new canon. Thanks for the reminder.

Plot similarities sure, but ANH and it's followers ripped off of many movies before it.

The meat where a movie can truly distinguish itself is the characters. And they did a good job here imo, the dynamic between all of the new characters is nothing like the previous movies.

Objectively speaking: 7/10. Above Episodes I, II and VI.

Subjectively speaking: 1/10. Above Episodes I and II.

Rey, just by discarding the rest. It´s not that she isn´t a good character, but her Force "training" comes out of nowhere.

Ben Solo. Spoiled Dark Side brat. Jacen would wipe the floor with him.

Mark Hamill. J/K, Han Solo obviously even if it pains me to admit it, since I have started hating the actor.

Han Solo´s death. Even if it was telegraphed miles away. I mean, it wasn´t awesome, but it sure was a defining moment the new Star Wars fans will always remember.

BB8 giving Finn a thumbs up.

Yes, I firmly believe she´s Luke´s daughter.

Of course he shouldn´t have died. Firstly, because Chewbacca should be dead instead of him. But taking the original EU out of the question I still believe Han Solo only died to appease Harrison Ford and convince him to play him again.

Now, about the other question and leaving my opinions aside, I think his death scene, even if it was evident as I mentioned earlier ("I had a bad feeling about it"), was magistrally done.

5/10. Just okay. Better than the original trilogy ones but worse than the prequels ones. Still, more realistic considering Ben was wounded and Rey was using a lightsaber for the first time in her life.

I still haven´t heard it outside of the movie, so I wouldn´t be able to give a proper answer here considering I have listened the other soundtracks hundreds of times. Still, while watching the movie no piece did stand out above the rest. I can´t even remember the music played during the duel.

Only one? Hm... a tough choice. Maybe Coruscant´s destruction. It seemed so sudden and needless.

I think the movie made quite clear he isn´t. I believe they wanted us to believe so, just to be surprised at Rey actually being the jedi.

Only one? Hm... a tough choice. Maybe Coruscant´s destruction. It seemed so sudden and needless.

That was actually the Hosnian system, although I don't blame anyone for mistaking it for Coruscant - there is all of one line of dialogue that mentions it by name in the movie. The Visual Guide clarifies that the New Republic Senate rotates its location from system to system, and the Hosnian System was where it was convened at that time.

7/10

Even as I liked the new cast and it grew on me during the moveie, somehow the EP./ reminded me of the loveless build Terminator 3 had. Don't know why. JJ Abrams pput a hard work in it though it felt somehow empty.

I can't say it was only one, because I loved the teamwork between Fynn and Ray. They were great.

New caracter? I was diaspointed by no new character. They all had their parts and shined throug good acting by the actors.

Sadly I have to give any cudos to Han. Harrison Ford did a greta work. I would go so far to say this was his best work for Star Wars. While I always hated "the guy who got the Princess" this time I simathised with him a lot. But I wasn't sad when he died. Ford wished it already for EP.5. Now everything came togeter and I think it felt fit how it went.

The duel between Fynn/Ray and Kaylo. It was simply brutal.

Ray and Fynn and The "OK" monent of BB-8.

I have no idea, and actually I don't care. The protagonist can easyly stand for its own by now. Ray is by far the most beloved protagonist in the entire movie.

"As planned" and yes it was ok with me.

Greedy brutal fight between 3 people who thinks the same as Zorro 2.0, "The pointiy thing goes into the enemy"

10. How to you rate the film score out of ten and in relation to scores from the previous movies? And if you have a favourite soundtrack/theme, which was it? it had a distinct score? 1/10 - Any Star Wars Epsiode had its very distinct score beside that one and I don't liked this.

Give the movie a distinct score!

I would not be sad if he would or would not be force sensitve. John Boiega did a great work. Fynn dosn't have to be forcesensite to be cool. Keep in mind, Han Solo is one of the most beloved protagonists ever, and he is not force Sensitve.

eee i'd say tentative 7/10. the sense of a new SW movie after so long was epic. though the movie itself didn't inspire me to want to watch it a second time within the next couple months >.<

definitely Rey =) Finn reminds me of JarJar for some reason lol. and Kylo.... well u know. young Severus Snape 2015 lol

Kylo Ren's sith master what's his face....

i'd say Han =)

probably the duel in the forest Kylo / Rey

well Kylo: "the ... droid.... stole... the freighter" was pretty funny.

and at the beginning. the scene where Finn and Rey were running awake from stormtroopers. I know how to run ftw lol

unless she's magically descended from Kenobi (JK) ... yes she probably is

well. his death upset me cause i always liked his character, but i think it fit in the story well. but imo, the scene lacked details, emotion and etc.

9/10, absolutely awesome, though i still like the Qui-Gon / Obi-Wan / Darth Maul three-way fight a bit better =)

hmmm.... V > VI > I > VII > IV > II > III

... ... ... J.J. Abrams? lol. failing that, Kylo Ren's actor lol

eee i think he is slightly sensitive, but not enough to make him a potential jedi or sith =)

4 out of 10. This film is tied with Phantom Menace as far as I am concerned, with Darth Maul being the tiebreaker. Sith, Empire and a New Hope are better obviously, so this film is tied for 4th place.

None. Rey would have been my favorite but her actions so far in the film have trashed current in-film canon.

Kylo Ren. This kid thinks he is Darth Vader's equal, when the only thing he is good at is being a bigger ***** than Anakin Skywalker was.

Harrison Ford. Hands down.

There really wasn't one. The entire movie felt rushed and was a carbon copy of A New Hope, so I felt empty after watching it.

When Rey beat Kylo Ren's ***. That was pure comedy and should never have happened. There is no explanation for what took place as she was never trained in the Jedi Arts.

Yes, she is a Skywalker. She is a direct descendant of Luke and it is for that reason that he will not train her in the next film.

Han's death should have been at Captain Phasma's hands. I would have accepted that. I don't like that he was killed by Emo Vader fanboy Kylo Ren.

Complete BS and a fallacy. If an untrained Force sensitive can just pick up a lightsaber and beat an advanced student of the Force, then the Younglings in the Council chamber should have overpowered and stomped on Darth Vader in Revenge of the Sith.

2/10. The opening theme was different when it didn't need to be. If it wasn't broke, why fix it? None of the tracks was overly memorable.

The entire movie would have been rewritten with an original story.

No. He was easily crushed by Kylo Ren in the forest. No way he is Force Sensitive.

I want to be clear with this. I liked The Force Awakens. It was a great action/fantasy film. Lots of action, lots of fun. It was a horrible Star Wars film.

Edited by DarknessInLight