Remove Hangar/Airlocks/Orbital Stations

stupidhero

Also agree 100% on this, it's a waste of our often limited play-time.

Honestly, for me it's less about time wasted than it is just tiresome and damned annoying to have to go ship -> airlock -> orbital station -> spaceport -> city and then city -> spaceport -> orbital station -> airlock -> ship.

Seriously. Really f'ing irritating, Bioware.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the idea of a fast travel to ship function. Just started running in to this lol was like why do I need to fly my ship to another ship to the planet was odd lol.

Was also strange first time I needed to run to my ship real quick for a holocall and had to take off and do the whole thing again was like ? What the heck can't just pop on board my ship for a minute I didn't want to leave.

I play with my wife and I'm very happy my game is on a ssd my load times are like minuscule but generally be waiting for hers to load lol.

Yeah, I don't see why space travel isn't easier. It should be (1) get to spaceport, (2), click on the elevator and the departure movie starts and after the movie (or skip) you are in your spaceship. Then (3) go to the space map and select destination (light speed). Then you arrive and (4) click on the door out and you get the landing movie (skippable as it is) and you've arrive on the planet base or spaceport.

All the steps in between that exist now, if they must exist should be part of the movie.

That would be a big improvement for me :)

or just let me select my target planet at the startport(shuttle ship later on).

Zoning 4-6 times just to talk to a npc on republich fleet/nar shaddaa/wherever to be told "go back where you came from" (remind you, that's another 4-6 times zoning :>) is absurd and entirely unnecessary.

Most people will be sick of it at lvl 50 after doing dailies (i.e. you actually have to visist some planets for those) for a few days.

In other words:

More playing - less zoning

Dear god this is so annoying. the orbital stations need to go at 50. Allow us special privilege to fly our ship right to the planet surface.

The airlocks IMO are some kind of pre caching data thing imo.

After you load the Planet/zone you enter these airlock and sometime take a shuttle down, I bet they cant remove them because stuff is still being loaded/Extract/cached in the background etc for the world

Edited by Santium

A 'go directly to your ship' option with the quick travel thing would do wonders I think. Sure you could only use it every 20 min then but it would already help a ton.

That would be good, especialy if you need to meet with a friend on a planet and need to fly your ship there.

Artisticaly I do enjoy seeing my ship lift off and leave space dock but If someones waiting on me Ide like the option to fast travel to my hanger bay, flying to the planets not bad and its quick.

At the risk of stirring a hornet's nest this is something SWG did very right.

>Enter port.

>Use terminal.

>Use shuttle.

>Load screen.

>Leave port.

They way it's done in SW:TOR does seem to cause unnecessary running about.

Agreed!

you guys all basically want to spit in the face of all the devs that worked on those elevators, corridors, and orbital stations.

some planets simply dont have room to dock on, and an orbital station is needed. this is the lore of star wars in general.

i cant believe so many of u want to ruin your game experience by removing these priceless areas.

They way it's done in SW:TOR does seem to cause unnecessary running about.

It seems like everything in this game is geared towards unnecessary travel. Vanilla quests usually require you to run somewhere on the planet that is conveniently blocked by a mountain range, so you have to go halfway around the zone to get around that mountain range, then you get to a public entry dungeon and have to kill everything in your way to finally get to the story dungeon, then you have to backtrack all of that complete with the mob respawns. Add to that the OPs complaint about having to run through 3 different zones just to get to a npc.

Some of the later class quests require you to return to the newbie planets several times during the course of a quest, it's the most incredibly tedious thing you can imagine.

While we are on the subject what's with the weird restrictions on having your mount? Seems like we worked hard and paid a lot of money to have a mount, but there are so many places you are not allowed to use them. Can we just straight up buy run speed instead of mounts or something?

The travel in this game is just unneeded and a complete game immersion breaker.

Its good for the lore, Bad for the gameplay.

Atleast Ship - Airdock - Shuttle is a bit harsh but, well if the Empire can't hold a space station...

I find it more disturbing that I am not allowed to use the Korriban - SpaceStation shuttle but have to get to my ship to get to the spacestation (without fleet pass)

you guys all basically want to spit in the face of all the devs that worked on those elevators, corridors, and orbital stations.

some planets simply dont have room to dock on, and an orbital station is needed. this is the lore of star wars in general.

i cant believe so many of u want to ruin your game experience by removing these priceless areas.

lolwut? Every single station/airlock/hangar is a copy/paste job of every other station/hanger/airlock in the game.

A relatively simple fix would be to have a return Flashpoint Shuttle on the fleet that would let you return to whatever planet you just came from. Or better, would work like an interstellar taxi that lets you go to any flashpoint shuttle station that you have discovered.

orbital station is just laughable in design, like seriously lmao did they think i'd enjoy the long hallway runs? Almost as terrible as the mere fact my mount doesnt work in 85% of the areas i spend time
Orbital stations could be interesting in the future, at least on PVP servers, if you could attack them. Defending players that want to get to the planet would need to call in reinforcements to push the attackers off the station. Edited by sjmc