Quick Patch 4.0.3a Discussion

knowmyname

General

• The Coruscant and Dromund Kaas Strongholds now cost 4 Credits each as intended.
  • 3rd Anniversary items are no longer present on the Anniversary Vendor.

really thats it?

Where's the Companion Tank FIX?!!?!

It's not a patch day.

Anything other than a Tuesday (sometimes Monday) is classed as "unexpected" or "emergency".

Chances are there are other hidden things fixed in this patch - another exploit, hack, that kind of thing.

It was never going to be a full blown patch when we only had one a couple of days ago.

General

• The Coruscant and Dromund Kaas Strongholds now cost 4 Credits each as intended.
  • 3rd Anniversary items are no longer present on the Anniversary Vendor.

really thats it?

Where's the Companion Tank FIX?!!?!

You delayed fixing a gambreaking exploit for six weeks but this couldnt wait til tuesday?

It's not a patch day.

Anything other than a Tuesday (sometimes Monday) is classed as "unexpected" or "emergency".

Chances are there are other hidden things fixed in this patch - another exploit, hack, that kind of thing.

It was never going to be a full blown patch when we only had one a couple of days ago.

Per Eric, the Tank Companion fix was scheduled for 4.03, which was Tuesday's patch, so it's a reasonable question.

You delayed fixing a gambreaking exploit for six weeks but this couldnt wait til tuesday?

Well, SH were advertised as being 4c on a specific date, not being that price left them open to "False Advertising" claims (silly yes but still)

Their usual exploit ignorance just left them open to mockery and ridicule.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Pretend I've been living under a rock. What is wrong with tank companions?

Apparently they are not using their offhand shields, so they are not getting the block/absorb or whatever that is granted to a tank through the use of a shield.

I play a sniper with a tank companion, he can tank anything in the open world long enough for me to kill it, except these Gree event Champion Droids, which is reasonable. My sniper/tank is my fastest, safest, easiest pve-killing combination, second only to Carnage Mara/Combat Sent with a dps companion which is a lot more challenging. I wouldn't say there is nothing 'wrong' with the tanks, since we have proven they are not WAI, but I certainly don't need them to be any stronger. Ymmv, but you might not even notice that they are broken, on account of how overpowered they are even without the offhand.

Apparently they are not using their offhand shields, so they are not getting the block/absorb or whatever that is granted to a tank through the use of a shield.

I play a sniper with a tank companion, he can tank anything in the open world long enough for me to kill it, except these Gree event Champion Droids, which is reasonable. My sniper/tank is my fastest, safest, easiest pve-killing combination, second only to Carnage Mara/Combat Sent with a dps companion which is a lot more challenging. I wouldn't say there is nothing 'wrong' with the tanks, since we have proven they are not WAI, but I certainly don't need them to be any stronger. Ymmv, but you might not even notice that they are broken, on account of how overpowered they are even without the offhand.

It affects companions in tank mode when they are natively level 65 (meaning they are not bolstered up to 65 from a lower level and not affected by level synch lowering their level). I don't know exactly what the problem is mechanically but their defenses and mitigation go to "terrible" to put it politely.

In planetary heroics my level 65 operative healer running with an influence 30+ tank companion (SCORPIO in this case, but the problem isn't unique to her) has no problems. I can freely choose between being lazy and just healing my companion or mixing it up with a little backstabby DPS to help speed things along.

However in the level 65 heroic Star Fortresses this same companion goes straight to squishy. Versus ordinary trash packs I have to spend considerably more time healing than on heroic content on planets where I am synched. Versus very large fights (say the reactor room before you can take the lift down to the stabilizer rooms) I had to chain heal like mad and even then the only thing that kept my companion upright was a well-timed use of an alliance clickie. This was also with the benefit of the alliance buffs from the terminal at the beginning.

Conversely my tank character (in only slightly better gear) using a healer companion was able to solo the heroic Star Fortress for the achievement (no buffs, no clickies) and that felt about equivalent in difficulty.

We were told a fix for this was originally slated for 4.0.3 but obviously it was either pushed back or just not included in the patch notes. I haven't tried running a heroic SF on my healer since getting the 6 done for the quest.

I hope they return the 3rd anniversary items. I got all of mine, but I thought it was nice they were leaving it available to people who are around for this anniversary. There were people who really wanted those things and just didn't happen to get them the last time. Even I hadn't gotten the full amount of some things the first time because I didn't know I would need them at that point. I don't think vanity items that come from the game having been around this long or that long should be exclusive.

Not to mention, it made the decoration merchant rewards look a lot more fleshed out. Right now there are 3 items: a regen that you may or may not be interested, a statue, and another ebon hawk decoration that you may not actually want. They aren't bad and I understand that wanting something is always subjective. Yet, the more things offered, the more likely someone is to find something they wanted.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who does't mind decorations was able to find at least one of the last anniversary decorations that they liked. I only got the ebon hawk decoration because I may in the future need it for a stand in for something else. But it wasn't a decoration I was particularly interested in.

It's not a patch day.

Well, they did manage to shoehorn a slew of nerfs into it...

I hope they return the 3rd anniversary items. I got all of mine, but I thought it was nice they were leaving it available to people who are around for this anniversary. There were people who really wanted those things and just didn't happen to get them the last time. Even I hadn't gotten the full amount of some things the first time because I didn't know I would need them at that point. I don't think vanity items that come from the game having been around this long or that long should be exclusive.

Not to mention, it made the decoration merchant rewards look a lot more fleshed out. Right now there are 3 items: a regen that you may or may not be interested, a statue, and another ebon hawk decoration that you may not actually want. They aren't bad and I understand that wanting something is always subjective. Yet, the more things offered, the more likely someone is to find something they wanted.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who does't mind decorations was able to find at least one of the last anniversary decorations that they liked. I only got the ebon hawk decoration because I may in the future need it for a stand in for something else. But it wasn't a decoration I was particularly interested in.

pretty much my Sentiments, I assumed BW's approuch was going to be slowing adding more and more to the vendor, each anniversy. maybe removing older things as it gets cluttered.

seemed to work perfect and fix it so people cant log into the game right now. Nobody in the entire bioware company seems to be addressing this issue. Nothing works I tired a lot of the suggestions i've seen on here and nothing works. Guess I could try that wonderful help desk. Last time I used them they told me your computer is 3 years old buy a new one. What a great company. Guess that's what I get for blindly subscribing without expecting much in return like a game that works.