So upset that Exploiters only getting 10 minute bans

RPHero

I play this game and work the grind to earn and make money and these cheats are getting away with blue murder. I just don't understand this game anymore I thought my choices matter but I decided not to exploit to make money but these people only got 10 minutes in the sin bin.

You honestly have no clue! Friend of mine got his perma ban tonight. gutted for him!

Well good he got banned because people like your friend have really hurt players like me that do our daily runs and stuff to get credits.

Well good he got banned because people like your friend have really hurt players like me that do our daily runs and stuff to get credits.

Especially considering this isn't the first rodeo with vendor price bugs. People know they are exploiting when they do it. No sympathy, no mercy.

The people that had the 10 minute ban, were probably banned long enough

for them to see that they didn't do anything wrong. So they were allowed back on.

This.

Also and yes assuming here, it could also be if its first time they have used an exploit or not. Or BW might have started with banning accounts, but just not got though all accounts that used an exploit so more bans on the way.

I dont feel personally harmed by the exploit, not one bit.

That doesnt mean it didnt cause harm to the economy or the game overall, it most likely did. And I think punishment is due, as always when folks cheat.

But me personally...meh. I will continue earning credits the legitimate way, and as long as what other players do does not interfere with that I will not take it personally.

Thats just me I guess. I am glad Bioware is punishing those responsible, rightly so.

You honestly have no clue! Friend of mine got his perma ban tonight. gutted for him!

Gutted for him?

He's a cheat, he's an exploiter who decided he was entitled enough that rules do not matter to him. His actions contributed to an attempt to totally ruin any form of economy in the game.

And you're gutted for him?

Misguided sympathy.

I dont feel personally harmed by the exploit, not one bit.

That doesnt mean it didnt cause harm to the economy or the game overall, it most likely did. And I think punishment is due, as always when folks cheat.

But me personally...meh. I will continue earning credits the legitimate way, and as long as what other players do does not interfere with that I will not take it personally.

Thats just me I guess. I am glad Bioware is punishing those responsible, rightly so.

you will be harmed by the inflation.

I just unsubbed. Plan to be back in like 6 months or when KoTFE is all released.

If my 40mil I have on my various characters is worth much less than it is now I would be very upset.

I earn credits legitimate way in this game to be able to affort newest outfits or mods or other things I might wish.

If I cant afford them, as suddenly everybody due to exploit have millions and mods go for 10mil each (now they cost like 2mil) then that is not fair.

I feel like they cheated me of my credit earning work.

I just unsubbed. Plan to be back in like 6 months or when KoTFE is all released.

If my 40mil I have on my various characters is worth much less than it is now I would be very upset.

I earn credits legitimate way in this game to be able to affort newest outfits or mods or other things I might wish.

If I cant afford them, as suddenly everybody due to exploit have millions and mods go for 10mil each (now they cost like 2mil) then that is not fair.

Doesn't harm ppl like me that neve ruse GTN.

Yup, I craft or harvest all of the stuff I need and don't ever use the GTN to buy anything since the game is so fast paced in it's character leveling and when you combine that with the gear that you get from doing heroics from level 10- 60 it makes buying gear rather pointless.

I know Bioware loves to be "unprecedented" about how they do things, but all I'm seeing from the way they have handled action is that they have set a precedent: "Exploit whenever you can, as hard as you can and the most you will see is a one week ban" Completely regardless of prior "warnings" from other exploits; if reddit testimonials are to be believed.

I'm not encouraging people to exploit, I was (and continue to be) all for perma-bans for even the smallest violations of this particular exploit.

But if we've learnt anything from the way Bioware has handled the these issues in the past and present, they are happy to encourage it; or at least not serious about discouraging it.

Edited by Declan_Vee

I understand what you are saying, but frankly that is what was said the last 3 "economy breaking" exploits, and the CSM debacle, and yet it never materialized as far as I could tell.

The economy, all four times, never even skipped a beat from my perspective.

Note, that does NOT mean harm was not done, nor does it mean they should not be punished. All it means is that, for me personally, all 4 did nothing to me, did not affect me in any way I could see.

Again, that is just me. I don't feel cheated. I don't "feel" anything, other than they probably got what they deserved for cheating.

Edited by LordArtemis

Always love reading posts like this.

That's fantastic it didn't harm you. I'm glad for you. Now put your head back in he sand and back out of this thread since it doesn't even pertain to you. To the rest of us who actually use the GTN, hyperinflation is a big deal.