4.0.3 patch

Poubo

Due to these abhorrent changes I think I will no longer play my sniper as my main again.

What I don't understand is how they can do a 20% damage reduction for them and leave sorcerers completely untouched?!

Snipers are now lowest dps amongst "good" players which is crazy considering they are a pure dps class.

If these changes are to stick they need to make Cover heal without a utility point and buff it to 3% a second.

Back to 3.0 state :( ! And there is no escape from this state, even double roll cannot help here! :D

btw i'm still waiting for new reworked engineering or at least for re-balanced Orbital Wet Noodle... These old promises! Yeah, right... :rolleyes:

Edited by Glower

the pvp team of bioware is totally incompetent.

totally. a 10 years old child can do better.

i am sure a 10 years old child sniper crushed them at their last 1 PvP game in a month test and now this is the result.

they want to put metrics on the table??? srly watch the season 4-6 ranked snipers metric you incompetent PvP team !!

the best in the world they said at the beginning !!

ahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

illum remember LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just resign and put your 10 years old son instead, the PvP will be better.

i am a suscriber and you have to be fired you incompetent pvp team !

Edited by Thaladan

This game has the most retarded devs a game could possibly have. Theyre all *********** retarded and they got no ****in brains and no clue of what theyre doing.

Yup. The way the devs ignore the pvp in this game is astounding. I guarantee they only check the pvp forums maybe once every 2 weeks. If that...

Edited by InfraredGamer

you do realize this was an almost across the board thing right? so you are, relatively, just where you left off. though i got to say, I love listening to a class cry because they can't hit those 35-40k ambushes anymore.

I've played sniper extensively in pvp the last couple of months. I have a 65 sniper in full 208 with all augments, crit 42%/72% .... I've never...ever hit anywhere near 35k. Highest 22k-25k is average. Now after the nerf, its hitting for 18k-23k.

I gotta say, Sniper feels really underwhelming now. I felt good about how it was performing prior to this patch, but now I'm going to shelve him.

I've played sniper extensively in pvp the last couple of months. I have a 65 sniper in full 208 with all augments, crit 42%/72% .... I've never...ever hit anywhere near 35k. Highest 22k-25k is average. Now after the nerf, its hitting for 18k-23k.

I gotta say, Sniper feels really underwhelming now. I felt good about how it was performing prior to this patch, but now I'm going to shelve him.

And then you play a concealment operative who's lucky to hit 14k on average on their highest hitting ability.

QQ

Seriously, there's nothing really to complain about in the damage department for snipers.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

so now we have a pure dps class (sniper) with :

- the less mobility

- no self heal

- no god mode Defensive Cooldown

- weak dps (how many are better now?)

but all is all right ! mercs arsenal can do 20k+ as an instant, maras rage can 2 times 14-19k+ in a row, sorcs are..lol.

so as the weakest class of PvP, see the arenas metrics (sarcasm) i ask for a UP !

Edited by Thaladan

- the less mobility

- no self heal

but all is all right ! mercs arsenal can do 20k+ as an instant, maras rage can 2 times 14-19k+ in a row, sorcs are..lol.

so as the weakest class of PvP, see the arenas metrics (sarcasm) i ask for a UP !

Hilarious right!?! Well tbh, I usually disagree with 95% of their class changes. Wrong classes get stronger and wrong classes get weaker.

- the less mobility

- no self heal

Your first mistake was thinking they balanced for PvP. They honestly don't care if Snipers are underpowered outside of PvE. Surprisingly, Marksman is basically dead as a raiding spec, so you might be in for some buffs in 3-4 months.

Your first mistake was thinking they balanced for PvP. They honestly don't care if Snipers are underpowered outside of PvE. Surprisingly, Marksman is basically dead as a raiding spec, so you might be in for some buffs in 3-4 months.

Honestly, after sleeping on it and calming down, this might be a good thing. It likely will take a long time but snipers were not going to make waves in ranked without a well coordinated group with heals and tanks on the snipers damage alone. That needed to change for the class before getting any kind of buffs to make it less dependent on help. I still think we have plenty of DCDs, just our control has become less effective now that other classes have immunity as well as moement buffs. Its an escape we lack, and no recovery.

As far as the overall patch, burst coming down is a good thing, but not while healing is still so high.

- the less mobility

- no self heal

I'm going to assume that by "20K on an instant" you are forgetting about the grav round/tracer missile that has to be used first that's easily interruptable. Of course that is if it crits because merc/mandos have no autocriting abilities like snipers/slingers.

Snipers are just as good of button-mashers as some 5 year old child attempting Guitar Hero on expert. Your wall goes up and you hit stuff with the longest range in game; you don't just have no skill, you have negative skill.

So you want max range with your walls of Jericho and you want to hit 1/3 of my hit points with 1 button press? Get real.

Get good or cry more scrubs.