NiM Loot Issue / Update

EricMusco

Why bother even having NiM content then?

If you don't want people doing NiM, I suppose ruining the loot table is a good way to accomplish that goal.

I've been mulling it over for a few weeks now, but this is the proverbial camel straw. I'm going down to F2P, at least then I won't feel compelled to complain about this kind of stupidity from the devs.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a positive note...that news seems to have united most players on their reaction to it ;)

You got that right. I think not a single post but one (it was semi-Pro BW) has been in 100% agreement that BW has NO F"in IDEA what they are doing. This has got to be a joke. This was ALSO the reason I kept harping on DETAILS around LOOT pre-KOTFE and many told me to hold my horses and find out. (likely BW Forum plant)

I'm near BIS on 2-3 of my Same Class Main ALTS and about 75% BIS on my ALT Class gear. Plus a ton of 220 tokens laying around.

Those HM Targeted operations are MIND Numbing and the fact you can 8m the 16m is a joke (KP/EV). Even most the others (Except RAV/TOS) you can single tank still with an off taunt and/or run with 6 players and down.

CONTENT.. you gave us NO CONTENT and upgraded NIM operations with no loot. What is wrong with you people at BIOWARE????

I think you need to FIX the NIM LOOT and FIX it this week. This isn't going to go away as fast as the slot machine fiasco or companion nerf debacle. It's like RAV LOOT X-Mas backwards..... :D

and don't forget to switch on battlefront and dont f c k n forget the season pass lmao

another EA game.. plz. I would not touch it if it was the last game in world. :D

*Edit* I got it to work. Unsub woo!

Stellar job, BW. Stellar job. Suckers.

Keep your HK toys BW.

Edited by Ruskaeth

Droprates on a difficulty mode that probably less than 100 people are even doing shouldn't be a Dev priority really.

Fixing the loot drops of a boss are absolutely not as difficult as you seem to think it is. 100 or 10,000...this is a BUG and it needs to be addressed sooner than flippin February.

Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, I’ll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

The best is how if you go back to George's post from July 9, it now reads as

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, they will have a chance to drop top end gear as well as all the unique mounts and titles available currently.

It seemed strange to me that I don't recall that wording, so I pulled out a few snipets of text and googled them and found a copy/paste from an old post on another site (vs. a link), and here's how that passage read:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as all the unique mounts and titles available currently.

The borked grammar makes it seem as if there probably some editing going on around the time of the post's release so perhaps this was an idea they were always kicking around.

Why... Just why? this is a big middle finger towards all of the hardcore raiders out there. I mean while there aren't too many of us left. We are the building blocks of the community. Take out us and the community will crumble, we write the guides, we supply the crafters with exotic mats and we work on the content to clear it for hours. operations are one of the few things in this game that cannot be gotten by free to play. Atleast not without the massieve amount of effort being put in. if you remove more content then we actually had it will make social guilds even get destroyed...

What? That's absolutely retarded.

How many drugs were your developers on when they came to that decision?

Edit: Also, February?! How hard is it to fix a drop rate bug? Surely it doesn't take four months to fix.

It took them three months to investigate that 16 man loot in 3.0 was only dropping one set of gear and another month to fix, they are clearly holding to their high standards.

Stop trying to kill us. Stop it. Just tell us if you want us to die. You're drawing out death for a long long time when all it takes is a simple word, no.

You take away our hope for content.

You take away our friends.

You take away our drive to continue.

And now, finally, you take away any incentive we have left.

Kill us now already, or give us a reason to live on.

This isn't a fix, this is telling us that a guillotine exists and giving us tickets to watch our own decapitation.

Edited by GrandLordMenace

Eric To be very honest with you...

What you guys need is to gather around a table and fire 90% of the workers.

Its amazing there isnt a patch that you guys release that works 100% fine or a patch that people are actually happy.

Those developers need to leave or the game dies, simple as that.

If i was working there i wouldnt be happy to see so much rage everytime i posted something on the forums, if i was working there i wouldnt EVER release content half working...this is just too much to handle.

You are the ones destroying the game... its just sad to watch.:(

On a positive note...that news seems to have united most players on their reaction to it ;)

Haha true! They're inspiring PUGs and devving group content aplenty in the forums. Shame they can't (read: won't) achieve that ING anymore.

Edited by Joesixxpack

True, but hopefully that is being patched tonight if they have half a brain left after it exploded from this silly design.

Considering its been around since 4.0 launch (2 months) I highly doubt it.

Its more important to nerf Powertechs, Snipers, and absolutely wreck Assassin's before fixing this or nightmare loot.

Right lol?! Completely lacks any logic. However, come March, I believe losing a WZ will end up granting more WZ comms than winning one...I could be wrong...

lol!!!! no, they will probably just remove all warzones except quesh huttball.

For the first time in 4 years, I have intentionally unsubscribed. I can no longer financially support this level of stupidity. I'll probably resubscribe if the game ever deserves my money again; but as of right now it simply does not.

I will play F2P, as I GTN purchased all the necessary QoL unlocks.

Edited by ekwalizer

I'm actually now thinking how on Earth do these devs even have a job at any MMO... This is beyond ridiculous. How stupid does this dev team thinks its player base is?

I'm baffled at this completely absurd logic (or lack thereof).