NiM Loot Issue / Update

EricMusco

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the issue here isn't the NiM loot. It is the lack of care to the player base. In what world does giving people better stuff for something easy rather than something hard make sense? Getting some 224 to get into NiM is fine and all but if you don't get 224 gear in NiM then what the F is the point other than for achievements that people already got pre 4.0? Edited by LordKalvarius

Stop trying to kill us. Stop it. Just tell us if you want us to die. You're drawing out death for a long long time when all it takes is a simple word, no.

You take away our hope for content.

You take away our friends.

You take away our drive to continue.

And now, finally, you take away any incentive we have left.

Kill us now already, or give us a reason to live on.

This isn't a fix, this is telling us that a guillotine exists and giving us tickets to watch our own decapitation.

There is but one thing we can do... be as vocal about this as we can!

I am suddenly very glad I gave up raiding.

This follows a rather disturbing trend in this game. Companions can outhit players. Outheal players. DPS is getting hit with a nerf bat just so that companions can do the DPS job even better. HM raids are getting NiM drops. NiM raids are getting shafted.

I understand that Bioware wants the game to be 'accessible' to all, and that we should all get a trophy for showing up. However this is falling into the realms of ridiculous.

Bioware if you are reading this. Players want to be the HERO. We do not want T7 to be our savior (no matter how awesome he is). We want our skills to matter. We want our button mash to matter. We want our gear preferences to matter.

If players put in the time and effort to get two sets of gear to rip apart and restat into perfection, and spend hours pounding fight strats into their heads, and hours grinding their our rotations, they want reward that match their efforts.

This decision is not rewarding player efforts. It is actually taking a reward away from players and giving it to someone else. It's not even that we all got a trophy, it's that, someone who showed up gets the trophy and people who did the work, get... a chance at a trophy.

Fixing the loot drops of a boss are absolutely not as difficult as you seem to think it is.

I don't know how difficult or easy it is, but if it is something that would only take 5 mins to fix it seems likely to me they would have done it. Or maybe it's not as easy as you think it is.

This decision is beyond stupid and puts the decision to drop 224 gear in Highlighted HM Operations in the rear view mirror.

I dont raid

I should not be able to acquire the BIS gear ( unless I pay handsomely at the GTN ) by running a hard mode operation.

8-9 people spend 3-8 hours a week finding the right combination of gear and classes to defeat a certain boss, 5-8 hours a week ( sometimes more ) in voice chat together grinding away to defeat NiM content as it challenges them as players and you take one of the biggest rewards for doing that away?

*********** stupid

Hey folks,

I have a few updates to pass on regarding the current issues with Nightmare Loot Drops. First, we discovered there is a bug with the percentage chance of a 224 rated item dropping in any of our Nightmare Operations. We plan to address this when we release Chapter 10 (Game Update 4.1) scheduled in February. If we are able to address it sooner, I’ll pass along an update.

Aside from that, we realized that we need to make a correction to our Operations and Flashpoints in Fallen Empire blog. Currently it states the following:

Nightmare Mode will also be available for all the Operations that had it previously, and will reward the same as the highlighted Hard Mode, as well as the unique mounts and titles available currently.

This statement is in error and needs to be corrected. When running a Nightmare Operation, there is a chance that a 224 item can drop, but it is not a guaranteed drop like the highlighted Hard Mode is. Nightmare Mode Operations will still drop their unique mounts and titles, and once fixed there is a chance to get 224 gear from them. It is by design that the best and most consistent way to gear up in Operations is to run the highlighted Hard Mode each week. Although they did certainly want to make sure there was a chance for greater reward from Nightmare!

We apologize for any confusion and will make sure that the blog is updated to reflect the correct information. I will pass on any further updates as I have them.

Thanks.

-eric

Hahaha what? So, it's intended that, for example, running KP HM this week is more rewarding than KP NiM? People aren't running NiM after they do HM for the week. They're just running HM on more alts. You're not giving any incentive to run NiM.

You guys brag all the time about your 'metrics' and your 'data' for PvP. Where's your PvE 'data'? I dare you to tell me your 'data' supports the healthy use of NiM PvE content. You know you're full of it. We know you're full of it. You're not fooling anyone, yet we're the ones who have to suffer for your poor choices.

Edited by idnewton

the issue here isn't the NiM loot. It is the lack of care to the player base. In what world does giving people better stuff for something easy rather than something hard make sense? Getting some 224 to get into NiM is fine and all but if you don't get 224 gear in NiM then what the F is the point other than for achievements that people already got pre 4.0?

NiM isn't progression, they are never making NiM again, this has been know for over a year. NiM is for Epeen waving only, that is the only reason they were even left in. And not that many people have the NiM Titles/Mounts from the NiM content still left in the game.

If anything they are confusing the issue by dropping any loot at all, they should just be dropping cosmetic items and titles. The system is designed for the new reality of Hard Modes as the top tier of content.

No real progression guild would be doing NiM for gear anyhow, they would have used their army of alts to already have full sets of 224 for their raid teams.

Could you expand on this design decision please? Short explanation or something because people who typically used to run nightmare now have the choice of doing something easy for better rewards or doing something harder for less rewards? It just seems odd and means that the guilds which were focused on nim before are bleeding members even more than previously. Some of us do play the game for the story but we also play it for interactions with friends we have developed and completing the hardest content by working together but you have removed the incentive for the latter.

While I'm not sure I agree within the confines of SWTOR, as a former hard core progression raider in older MMOs I can see a certain logic behind this decision - bear with me.

By design, gear level limits any character's potential within the game. No matter how good a player is, there are limits imposed by stats. Sure, better players get close to or even reach those limits, but those limits exist.

That as a given, having nightmare mode as the only, or even primary, source for the top end gear necessarily causes a reduction in their difficulty - if most of the raid isn't in the highest level gear, a highly tuned max level NiM raid would be impossible. By ensuring the raid is equipped in the best combat gear available via HM, NiM ops can potentially be tuned towards higher difficult. And that difficulty will persist as new higher level gear isn't being earned that makes said NiM ops easier.

This can potentially lead to a situation wear NiM ops can be run for other reasons and provide other loot (such as the mounts etc they currently award) that cannot be gained any other way. it also means that they can be truly shown as a feat of skill instead of overgearing.

All that said, I don't know that that is the current state of NiM ops in terms of difficulty but I can certainly see that as a design goal, and a good one imo. Make NiM ops truly nightmarish, requiring the very best of gear, skill and teamwork to even get started. Then let the rewards of success be unique things that the players that are successful in the op can be proud to have earned.

This is pathetic.

I'm trying to be really positive about this game going forward but you guys are really making it hard.

We need something besides story and we need it now. With this slap in the face HK sub benefit just feels like an insult. Give us something new to do with our groups! A new WZ map, or a new operation - MORE MMO BITS. You've neglected it long enough.

While I'm not sure I agree within the confines of SWTOR, as a former hard core progression raider in older MMOs I can see a certain logic behind this decision - bear with me.

By design, gear level limits any character's potential within the game. No matter how good a player is, there are limits imposed by stats. Sure, better players get close to or even reach those limits, but those limits exist.

That as a given, having nightmare mode as the only, or even primary, source for the top end gear necessarily causes a reduction in their difficulty - if most of the raid isn't in the highest level gear, a highly tuned max level NiM raid would be impossible. By ensuring the raid is equipped in the best combat gear available via HM, NiM ops can potentially be tuned towards higher difficult. And that difficulty will persist as new higher level gear isn't being earned that makes said NiM ops easier.

This can potentially lead to a situation wear NiM ops can be run for other reasons and provide other loot (such as the mounts etc they currently award) that cannot be gained any other way. it also means that they can be truly shown as a feat of skill instead of overgearing.

All that said, I don't know that that is the current state of NiM ops in terms of difficulty but I can certainly see that as a design goal, and a good one imo. Make NiM ops truly nightmarish, requiring the very best of gear, skill and teamwork to even get started. Then let the rewards of success be unique things that the players that are successful in the op can be proud to have earned.

nothing you said is valid as everywhere aside from the op it self u have level sync to the area... nuff said