What most Imp players don't realise is, they're destroying pvp

Geeorgedk

Then, why do so many people go to Imp side where there are so much better players ? Do they want to get dailies & weeklies faster done than on Rep side ? Or do they want to be carried ?

Its nice to fight a decent team with a decent team basically (imp v imp matches).

Rep fights are as boring for imp as they are for reps really.

I kind of got used to people being terrible on rep and tried not to be bothered by people never calling inc's, people queuing in pve gear and people just being generally terrible.

But you go to imp side and you get inc calls, you get maybe 1 player in bad gear if your unlucky and people are capable. And its just NICE tbh.

If you lose its because the other team was simply better. Not because of really basic avoidable stuff.

I agree though if you queue with at least one extra person who knows what they are doing then it can help so much.

Played TRE the other night and won 3-5 as I had a guildy with me, whats your ingame name im a fully geared scrapper so we can tag if you want :-).

My mission is to annoy sorc healers/pt's/sins the most lol.

Grouping always helps in this game but i maintain that the main problem with rep pvp on TRE is the excess of bad players. You can have 3 of the best pvpers on the server on your team but if the other 4 guys are irrelevant they're going to lose against the 8 competent imps.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really has nothing to do with either. Just want a good pool of players. Pub side, if you have no tank or healer or you are loaded with PVE players, you are more likely to get them every time in that time of day. Carrying 1 or 2 is fine if you have help and it's not for your entire play session, but that's not what happens.

To even have a chance for a good time like that, I need play my scrapper over my gunslinger because without a competent healer and tank, and a bunch of people who are no more than distractions for the enemy at best, my slinger cannot escape the focus that would be coming.

soooo might aswell just everyone roll imperial with that kind of thinking.

destroying half a server yes, why? well most good reps on TOFN (for exemple) left or rerolled imp side, what does this do? new players that roll on republic reach level 65 and get 24/7 steamrolled after that they either rage quit or reroll, there is a very high chance the rage quit and or just quitting for no point.

The fact that reps have either left or switched over to imp side for whatever reason is no fault of people like myself who have been imp to start with. This thread might have been born out of frustration for which I can appreciate but blaming imps....which includes people like myself is not the way to go highlighting the issue.

I play Imperial side because my friends play imperial side and no they are not IRL friends but they are friends i have made in my guild and use voice com with.

we do go pub side once in a while but the pub side is usually filled with people that have no idea what they are doing and just give up after 10 seconds of losing.

also the abilities on imp side look so much cooler than pub abilities

if you are having issues beating imps find good pub players and group up...

or there is the great saying, if you cant beat em, join em...

Edited by masstershake

Play smart, play objectives using tactics and strategy and most imps are beatable... Imps are all about brute force DPS... They don't guard half the time or they cap and run... They rotate nodes using brute force gank tactics... Just have a couple of speedster classes that can stay ahead of the imps gank and run tactics and it's an easy win...

Of course everyone else is getting smashed... So that's not always fun... I am seeing reps run lots of healers and tanks to offset the imp DPS... You can use those players as DPS sinks and let the imps pound away while your teams wins by playing objectives

I love playing brute force people and overshifters. It's a fun win when their kill count triples yours, you sneak in behind the spawn campers or you cause 6 people to shift over leading to a double cap on the other nodes when it's just you attacking a node.

I love playing brute force people and overshifters. It's a fun win when their kill count triples yours, you sneak in behind the spawn campers or you cause 6 people to shift over leading to a double cap on the other nodes when it's just you attacking a node.

So, you are one of those people who make Rep players go Imp side ?

I understand that better now : Everybody wants to be "brute force" like you ...

Hence the masses of Sorcs & PTs ...

also the abilities on imp side look so much cooler than pub abilities

Like I always said, 10.000 times ...

The fact that reps have either left or switched over to imp side for whatever reason is no fault of people like myself who have been imp to start with. This thread might have been born out of frustration for which I can appreciate but blaming imps....which includes people like myself is not the way to go highlighting the issue.

Which issue is it then ?

Bad Rep players who wanbt to get carried and thus go Imp side ?

Grouping always helps in this game but i maintain that the main problem with rep pvp on TRE is the excess of bad players. You can have 3 of the best pvpers on the server on your team but if the other 4 guys are irrelevant they're going to lose against the 8 competent imps.

And those 8 competent Imp side players don't go Rep side because they don't want any challenge ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Has anyone thought of the variable that pubs may be more into pve (atleast non 65 operation pve) than pvp overall, compared to imps, which would mean they would have more alts. maybe they are still leveling their alts as oppose to doing end game pvp, that can make a partial difference in atleast regs balance scale imo. so many variables come into play in life overall, it's mind boggling :) Edited by TrueEquality

Has anyone thought of the variable that pubs may be more into pve (atleast non 65 operation pve) than pvp overall, compared to imps, which would mean they would have more alts. maybe they are still leveling their alts as oppose to doing end game pvp, that can make a partial difference in atleast regs balance scale imo. so many variables come into play in life overall, it's mind boggling :)

I doubt that has something to do with it. There were a lot of great pvp guilds on TRE about a year ago.

So, you are one of those people who make Rep players go Imp side ?

I understand that better now : Everybody wants to be "brute force" like you ...

Hence the masses of Sorcs & PTs ...

I think you misinterpreted, I said I like playing AGAINST those players. The other sentences don't make sense on that reading.

Let's just put it this way: when my toon is out on one of those Walks, I'm truly Blessed because I don't believe the Hype.

Mixing sides would solve the problem.

Arguments against that I hear mostly say that it would make a mess to tell sides from each other, but I've seen more than 1 Jedi with red lightsaber running around.

Color of player name tells it its enemy or ally anyway, and AoEs one can move out from are brightly colored green or red anyway.

Please Bioware, make it happen.

tbh they should just rename this game to sith wars the old empire because im almost sure that all servers except maybe one or 2 are dominated by sith and the hole will just get bigger and bigger because people that die 24/7 want to be carried so they will all flock to the same side which is happening already for quite sometime. And i guess everyone wants to be a Vader wanna be or a Boba Fett, even tho Boba Fett is steamrolled by a blind Han Solo. Edited by xxIncubixx

The only thing that dominates are the premade groups of exceptional players.

I started running an Imperial character because it took so long to gear up, and mirrors got extra comms for doing dailies/weeklies, so that allowed me to assemble a legacy Dark Reaver set faster. I also had a mentor who played an Imperial character. Because PvE guilds were stronger on the Imperial side in his time frame.

Now, he's left the game, I play with the folks that have toons both sides.

Tbh, the game is making it hard to support multiple characters, so I see more drift towards one Faction, and I think that it will depend which guild you like more. In my case, my Imperial Guild is strong, active and supports most activities in the game.

Tl:DR: Friends & Guilds > Color of the lightsabre.

You should come on Mantle of the Force, empire side are full of trash,

You never saw a sorcere OS in 10sec without using barrier ? Come here, its fun

Dps under 100k after 2 round in arena ? Come here

WZ without any heal ? Come here

DPS with 110% aim for pvp ? Come here

Tons of fun are waiting for you

Then, why do so many people go to Imp side where there are so much better players ? Do they want to get dailies & weeklies faster done than on Rep side ? Or do they want to be carried ?

Could be either of the above, a little bit of both, or maybe some other reason.

F2Pers may feel that the Imp side will maximize their limited free warzones every week.

Some players may just prefer the Imperial class to the Republic mirror for whatever reason.

But none of that matters in the context of my response.

My answer was in response to someone making the incorrect claim that Imperial classes were better than Republic classes at PvP and thus they should make all-new warzones and give the Republic side different goals than the Imperial players.

I just stated a fact.

The dailies require a certain amount of warzones played.

The weeklies require a certain amount of warzones played.

Played. Not won. Winning counts as two and losing counts as one, but they still all count.

So no matter how poorly you or your team play in a given match, you are still advancing your goals.

Edited by Mithros

Could be either of the above, a little bit of both, or maybe some other reason.

F2Pers may feel that the Imp side will maximize their limited free warzones every week.

Some players may just prefer the Imperial class to the Republic mirror for whatever reason.

But none of that matters in the context of my response.

My answer was in response to someone making the incorrect claim that Imperial classes were better than Republic classes at PvP and thus they should make all-new warzones and give the Republic side different goals than the Imperial players.

I just stated a fact.

The dailies require a certain amount of warzones played.

The weeklies require a certain amount of warzones played.

Played. Not won. Winning counts as two and losing counts as one, but they still all count.

So no matter how poorly you or your team play in a given match, you are still advancing your goals.

Fun is its own goal. Playing against ruthless imps is not fun. What goal is advanced when Republic loses so badly most of the time. The only game we won today was luck. We double capped in AHG. Getting mauled because Republic is mostly PvE players is not fun.

Cross faction PvP is a must. Otherwise what Bioware is telling us is that for Republic, "PvE because even balanced warzone matches in PvP are not an option for you." I don't even mean ranked. It's Bioware's job to keep factions moderately balanced and, should that fail (as it has) to implement cross faction pvp for regular warzones.

Many, no doubt, will respond with vitriol and petulant remarks about "whining" or mewling.

I do not want to be forced to play imps because faction balance in PvP is so abysmal.

I play both sides, and I get good and bad groups on both sides. But on the Pub side I see some of the most utterly terrible play and it makes me just want to log off and never play again. So I just stick to my Imps mostly and try to survive the frustration of getting my weekly/dailies done on the pub side.

So the title could also be said in reverse: Pubs don't understand they are ruining PvP on the pub side by queuing up and being so incredibly terrible.

I play both sides, and I get good and bad groups on both sides. But on the Pub side I see some of the most utterly terrible play and it makes me just want to log off and never play again. So I just stick to my Imps mostly and try to survive the frustration of getting my weekly/dailies done on the pub side.

So the title could also be said in reverse: Pubs don't understand they are ruining PvP on the pub side by queuing up and being so incredibly terrible.

On The Harbinger? It's the fudging Pubs that beat the Imps to a pulp! I mean, it's getting better now that i'm not running Yolo Regs anymore, and i'm doing Group Regs on my Merc Heals and PT Hybrid Tank (and soon my Sniper)

On The Harbinger? It's the fudging Pubs that beat the Imps to a pulp! I mean, it's getting better now that i'm not running Yolo Regs anymore, and i'm doing Group Regs on my Merc Heals and PT Hybrid Tank (and soon my Sniper)

Not sure I follow. I lose maybe 1 in 15 games to pubs on Harbinger solo queuing as an Imp Healer. If I'm queuing with a premade I don't even remember the last pub loss but I think it was a huttball where Imps traditionally deathmatch anyway.

Fun is its own goal. Playing against ruthless imps is not fun.

I've never read wiser words here.

I still hold the opinion that Imp side players are more aggressive players in general.

On the other hand, playing against an ruthless player is no fun anyway, no matter which faction the ruthless player is on.

And ruthlessness comes in my opinion from the wish to dominate others. It' an entire new mind set of a newer generation, I think.

Cross faction PvP is a must. Otherwise what Bioware is telling us is that for Republic, "PvE because even balanced warzone matches in PvP are not an option for you." I don't even mean ranked. It's Bioware's job to keep factions moderately balanced and, should that fail (as it has) to implement cross faction pvp for regular warzones.

Bioware just didn't want to. The ship was sinking from the start. Because Bioware put all their best creativitry, design and energy into the imperial side when developing the game - and stapled REpublic side on it.

Bioware was simply never interested in balanced factions. You can see it by the way they develop first for the imperial side. How many bugs are there on Republic side only ? Have you ever seen that KDY Reputations Vendor on the PTS who looked like an Imperial and couldn't even talked to by Rep side players because he was "not friendly" ? (Warning message.) Simple copy & paste. First developed everything for the Imperial side, then copy & pasted it into the Republic side.

Bioware just failed. TOR was meant to be an Empire side game from the beginning. It was meant to give the players what they wanted, but could never get in the movies : An strong Empire, ruling everything, dominating everything and winning everything because they are the Empire faction.

If there was a Trooper class on the Empire side, no-one would play Republic at all. There is already the Sith put against the Jedi - and Sith are *always* looking so much coller !

Anything Republic just looks, behaves bad, anmd has bad animations and design. Troopers are the only real exception to that.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Here I am again defending an plainly factual statement by repeating that statement....

The classes are balanced.

A BH is no better than a trooper; An agent is no better than a smuggler; A Sith is no more powerful than a Jedi.

This is fact.

Someone can argue about whether or not this class is "cooler" than that class, but seriously, given the state of the internet and all the wannabe tough guys out there, I suppose that more people wanting to play Imp was a sad given.

But that doesn't mean that what's left on the Republic side can't be just as capable or even more so.

I do not want to be forced to play imps because faction balance in PvP is so abysmal.

Then don't. Maybe if enough people decide that they will stay Republic side then there will be enough decent players Republic side to keep the average skill level balanced.

Maybe allowing a mixed queue will solve some problems, but it throws away the story at the lower levels.

And then the complaints shift to where I think bigger problems lie anyway; Premades against PUGs.

You go up against a premade team then all the mixed faction queueing in the world might not help. Unless you end up happening to get a bunch of very solid teammates then the premade is probably going to roll.

I say start there. Make a premade queue and a singles queue. Let the people that want to play with a specific team make-up and (probably) voice chat have their own queue and let the random people that just want to PvP have a different queue.

Once again, I was responding to a particular post and I stand by what I said then.

Someone tries to say that the Imperial classes are stronger at PvP then they deserve to be called on that.

I would have expected a little more support from the pro-Republic crowd since that sort of BS can cause more people to jump ship to the Empire because they won't bother to find out the facts for themselves.

It's not the classes, it's the players.

You like smuggler? Play smuggler.

Someone says that agent is stronger? Everyone should point out how wrong they are.

And for the record, I prefer to play Republic.

I struggle to enjoy playing bad guys.

BH is something of an outsider so that is a little easier, but I would still, overall, rather play a trooper other than the stupidly large guns they apparently want to force on me as a commando.

Every one looks the same, all classes are mirrors. Sniper rifle, Imp, Lightning Imp. Big cannon, Pub, throw pebbles pub. Pretty much every one wears 1 of two outfits. You wear revers armor, or the ****ty bikini. No difference who you fight. So let it be imp vs imp. Cuz you can no longer tell any way.

I don't play my Imp alts that often but wanted to give it a try. Played 8 matches, all were against other Imps.

Like really. Bioware, do something or this will be Imp vs Imp only.

And to those Imp players saying 'I started Imp and I like it here, bla bla bla', I started Rep and I like it there. Pvp isn't viable if everybody goes Imp. Mix it up.

Is pvp all about steamrolling or about a challenge? Winning as a Rep, that's a challenge.

Blegh I'm done. My sub ends in 2 days, gone after that. I'm sure nobody cares and 'learn to play', all the cliches.

Have fun with pvp, if Imp vs Imp is your thing.

Edited by Geeorgedk

I don't play my Imp alts that often but wanted to give it a try. Played 8 matches, all were against other Imps.

Like really. Bioware, do something or this will be Imp vs Imp only.

And to those Imp players saying 'I started Imp and I like it here, bla bla bla', I started Rep and I like it there. Pvp isn't viable if everybody goes Imp. Mix it up.

Is pvp all about steamrolling or about a challenge? Winning as a Rep, that's a challenge.

Blegh I'm done. My sub ends in 2 days, gone after that. I'm sure nobody cares and 'learn to play', all the cliches.

Have fun with pvp, if Imp vs Imp is your thing.

You just said as an imp you played against other imps so how does that equal a steamroll by playing imp?

The challenge shouldn't be getting enough players to queue to get a match or have to deal with a higher percentage teammates who are not as into playing to win as you are so playing imp makes for more pops with a larger pool and variety. Its Bioware fault for never addressing PVP population with cross server or cross faction with a better matchmaking system. They left it to the players to all migrate to a couple servers and a single faction because that is the only control we have over it outside of running a premade.

I left imp side behind a long time ago to try it but Bioware has let it continue to go downhill and it's gotten worse. No sense trying until they change something.

Below is the masochism post.

I ‘ve started to play a little before 3.0 on a Rep side and I can say that I am a devoted Rep. Still.

I went into pvp as a clueless key-smasher at lvl 10 and was a part of this army of idiots leaving nodes, running around, not calling incs, etc. An army that makes Rep side so attractive :rak_01: After learning a little of basic rotations and gaining some experience I still couldn’t improve my winning ratio: 1:10. What made me unsub for like a month was about twenty games spent at lvl 60 (shortly after 3.0)- I got depressed by Imp side domination, and I did not want to roll an Imp char to feel the difference. Nevertheless I’ve returned, joined a guild with active pvp’ers, started to ask questions and so on. I’m not an outstanding player by now, but I follow the objectives, do decent healing/damage/ tanking, depending on which char I play, and yeah, my usual winning ratio is like 3:10(4:10 on lucky days). It can be 10 out of 10 on the days when Imp players forget to use their keybord and mouse, though.

Now, I play on an RP server- the Progenitor- where Imp side domination is far more than obvious. You may call me crazy, but I like it. First of all, I like being on the underdog side. Second, when I team up with my guildies or run with PUGs that I know by names and we fight vs strong Imps I also know by names, and we win (often by very little)- it feels like 12x satisfaction boost.

Of course, I would love to see more Imp players trying to play on the Rep side to improve number of close matches. But with the current set it's hopeless. And, of course, when you get completely clueless teammates 10 times in a row it feels like it’s better to try later. But imo, this population misbalance brings more hatred among Reps and Imps and that is the way it should be, perhaps, - this is Star Wars first of all and it’s about all-galaxy rivalry.

And there was a short period when I’ve played between 56-59 lvls and Reps were unexcitingly amazing- it was boring, to be honest. Winning many times in a row is no fun , it rather makes you feel sorry for the losing side.

As for those who change fractions just to win by means of others- I have no objections, personally. Then I can be sure that there are always godmode lovers and warlords-please-carry-me players on the other side- and I fight with rage and pleasure.

Imp domination just makes it more fun for many.:rolleyes:

PS. Ah, nerf somebody, please.