Companion Change Feedback

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with the idea that they had no idea how powerful the companions were. IMHO they basically took Treek in raid gear with fully augments and bumped 10-20%. As Eric said in a post they wanted them powerful. Yes they made a oopsy in adding that much power. But to suggest they didn't know what they had done is silly.

Should the companions still be worse than my favorite geared out companion in3.X then why the heck should anyone stay around. Companions had always been Op if you knew how to gear them. All you had to do was, load them out in mod gear and place pink mods in them and you basically had yourself a PC or close enough you didn't have to bother with hunting a group for most stuff in game.

At 60 me and guildy two treeks would do Kuat some parts where harder than others but it was doable. Sometimes we died sometimes we didnt. And current companions are a waste of time IMHO, the AI is a mess and i dont remember that from 3.X. As someone else had said the OP comps covered all the AI problems.

Can I still do the stuff I was doing before sure but add anywhere from5 to double the time depending on what your doing. So if you leave them that way reward me for making the grind that much longer

I keep assuming people read all my posts. Pretty sure they knew about OP companions. Also pretty sure that, thanks to the current EA Corporate officers they had to launch on time and that the companions were a secondary issue in terms of overall stability. I posted literally a page at one point that included stuff from stock holder's earnings calls and such. actually more than once. Not repeating myself.

Level: 65

Gear Rating: 204 (PVP) and 208 (common crystal)

Discipline: Fury Marauder

Companion: Lana Beniko, rank 15, Healer role ~1700 Presence

Missions: soloing imperial Weekly Heroics on Makeb, Ilum, Voss, Corellia, Belsavis, Hoth and Alderaan

Experience: No serious difficulty encountered in most Heroics with standard Heroic mob composition of 1xElite + 2xStrong, 2xElite + 1xStrong, 4xStrong, or 1xChampion. For a Lv65 character, Healer companion seems to be okay for Weekly Heroics. This may or may not hold true for those at lower Level/Presence.

Difficulty encountered in some Belsavis Heroics, such as Breakthrough, due to sheer number of enemies especially of Elite level. Some fights had 4-5 Elites. Still possible through CC/DCDs, but significantly higher difficulty than most other Heroics.

Very high difficulty encountered in Makeb Heroic 'The Observer' with one group consisting of the Champion Guardian Droid, an Elite, Strongs and standard mobs. This group composition is wildly out of line in difficulty compared to most other Heroics, likely requiring use of Unity and Heroic Moment. Even alone, after clearing all other enemies, the Guardian Droid itself proved abnormally difficult in comparison to most other Weekly Heroic Champions, requiring optimal DPS rotation and constant cycling of DCDs to succeed.

Very high difficulty encountered in Makeb Heroic 'False History.' This is simply due to the mechanics of the quest. While solo, I could not find a way to deactivate the gas trap before it killed me. Not even with use of Unity, Heroic Moment and DCDs. It seems very much to require 2 coordinated and prepared players.

Edited by OniGanon

I keep assuming people read all my posts.

Lol really? Have you looked back over your post history in these threads?

Not that I disagree with everything I've managed to read of yours in this thread ( because well I think you've actually managed to post on every page leaving me to question if you actually play the game anymore :p ) but if there is someone I often apply TLDR to, unless you are directly quoting/replying to me, it's your posts. :p

FWIW that above post is lighthearted, try not to take it seriously. ;)

Hi,

Since new partners are currently being developped for the Alliance, couldn't we be given the possibility to recruit other characters of our legacy as partners (once these characters have reached level 50 or 60). It wouldn't be difficult : as for other partners, their fighting style will only depend on the weapon they hold. Only their dialogues would have to be developped (and voiced, please !) , depending on their class and the force alignment we gave them.

That would be a very exciting feature. They are really missing in our alliance, now. Each time, the character we are logged as would be the outlander and the others would be partners.

Thank you.

Finally someone did it.

I really hope that someone will read this. So here we go, mostly doing progression raids on Sniper, but also as Merc heal. So I would say that I know the ropes of the game... On a scale 1-5(1 casual, 5 Zorz level raider), I would like to think of myself as strong 3, maybe just shy from 4. Had my fair share of both HM and NiM ops, and been in game for like 3 years or so.

Anyway regarding the numbers and feedback.

Level: Level 65 Sniper

Roughly Average Item Rating: ~220 Min/Maxed fully Augmented. Mastery over 5000, crit 1100+, Alacrity 890, Presence with Scorpio 2658

Discipline: All 3, pulling 6,3k dps on Engineering in current gear on 1,5mil dummy

Companion: Scorpio

Companion role: Heal (kinda only role for comps for pure dps class)

Companion Influence level: 31+

Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?): Mostly Heroic

Your personal experience while playing this content:

Ok so for planet heroics, I find it rather easy. Even after the nerf. Some of them are tricky but for example Lights out on Belsavis, where you encounter both gold and silver mobs didn't changed much pre-nerf. Could be rough, but usually end up with at least 60% health. However, due to the heavy AoE on Engineering, that numbers can change for single target DPS specs.

Now, about heroics... I got to say that on Tuesday, I have entered Nar Shaddaa SF, and literally got demolished by Paladin. Probably my bad since dTPS was like 5k+. Tried it few times, and rage quit.

Numbers there are odd as hell. Being sniper you don't have too much kiting options at your disposal unless Eng. You have nice cooldowns to compensate that. Went just now in Alderaan H2 as Marksmanship and buffs. Ended with like 100k HP or something. Scorpio ended with 3300+ max damage or so.

First Paladin, killed it in 1:15 with my DPS of ~5200. However, I took about 180K damage. At the same time, Scorpios HPS was ~1500. Adan Tranik 2500 dps. More or less everything upto last room before Exarch was like that. However had some knights that were hitted me like a truck. One had about 3500dps on me, and about 160k damage, which is a lot. Killed him when I was on less than 10%.

Second paladin, Tress Parion put up some fight, around 3300 dps, and 267k damage on me. Scorpio again pulled 1500hps with 93% efficiency.

Now the room with 2 knights and 2 trash mobs. Almost died and utilized every thing at disposal. Polishing first trash mobs then stunning one knight (mind you that both were humping Scorpio like adolescents on h00ker), polishing one, meanwhile Scorpio trying to up her since she was close to dying, killing another with me again less than 10% health. Impale hits for 7k, thundering blasts for 6. assaults for 5k (all crits mind you, you gotta love RNG) Multiply by 2 of them, and you have some nice numbers.

3 stages before Exarch were quite interesting. On second room, Scorpio at one point stopped healing me, clicking her abilities didn't change a thing even they were all off the cooldown. Soon after I dieded as well. Next try, killed them faster and moved to third. Mind you that at one point, since I was farming thingies to lower Exarch shield, he completely bugged out, and started channeling console, even I haven't removed his shield at all. Clicked console, and cleared to the next one. Third one was also relatively ok, with few moments of clicking pretty much everything I had.

Exarch fight... Well... Interesting, since at first one I had dTPS of about 4500. In pure numbers:

Double strike, 6 hits, Avg dmg 9,777, DPS 1181

Melee attack, 23 hits, Avg dng 2406, DPS 1114

Impaling strike, 3 hits, Avg dmg 12,428, DPS 751

Shield bash, 3 hits, Avg dmg 10,917, DPS 659

Shield rush, 1 hit, Avg dmg 21,085, DPS 424

Double strike, 1 hit, 9,950, DPS 200

Residual Kinetic Energy, 2 hits, 4,438, DPS 179

Of course, that was too much for poor Scorpio, and her 1439 HPS.

Next try with much better positioning, interrupts and defensive cooldowns was successful, and she died in about 1:40. It was so better that Scorpio did whooping 580 HPS and 80% efficiency :)

To sum it up for the TL:DR

1. Not fun and quite intensive for content you are supposed to do on daily basics. Doubt I will do it any time soon as solo even I have 2 more heroics to finish on that toon.

2. Not for complete casuals at all. As in, casuals cannot complete it (didn't tried without buffs but I recon I would die much more without buffs

3. Companions need to contemplate the environment. Standing in stupid is, well, stupid. Also, if I want here in healing stance, no, I don't want her to pew-pew when I need heals.

4. Damage output is quite high for Heroic mission. Yeah, it is Heroic, and this one is certainly not for casual players. I am aware that it supposed to be challenging but this might be tad too much.

5. Eric said comps on level 50 will be more powerful than ever. I seriously doubt that. If Scorpio cannot pull more than 1500 hps when I take the damage on level 30, I dont expect her to pull much more on level 50. Up the healing output for about 25% and it should be enough challenging for first few tries, and later when you learn from own mistakes should be like regular daily missions.

6. Unless you use everything at your disposal, you might have rough ride.

Anyway, hope this helps (btw, I have Exarch video but didn't posted it since everything went smoothly on second try apart from sometimes not being able to target adds that she spawn so I had to click them...)

I really hope that someone will read this. So here we go, mostly doing progression raids on Sniper, but also as Merc heal. So I would say that I know the ropes of the game... On a scale 1-5(1 casual, 5 Zorz level raider), I would like to think of myself as strong 3, maybe just shy from 4. Had my fair share of both HM and NiM ops, and been in game for like 3 years or so.

Anyway regarding the numbers and feedback.

Level: Level 65 Sniper

Roughly Average Item Rating: ~220 Min/Maxed fully Augmented. Mastery over 5000, crit 1100+, Alacrity 890, Presence with Scorpio 2658

Discipline: All 3, pulling 6,3k dps on Engineering in current gear on 1,5mil dummy

Companion: Scorpio

Companion role: Heal (kinda only role for comps for pure dps class)

Companion Influence level: 31+

Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?): Mostly Heroic

Ok so for planet heroics, I find it rather easy. Even after the nerf. Some of them are tricky but for example Lights out on Belsavis, where you encounter both gold and silver mobs didn't changed much pre-nerf. Could be rough, but usually end up with at least 60% health. However, due to the heavy AoE on Engineering, that numbers can change for single target DPS specs.

Now, about heroics... I got to say that on Tuesday, I have entered Nar Shaddaa SF, and literally got demolished by Paladin. Probably my bad since dTPS was like 5k+. Tried it few times, and rage quit.

Numbers there are odd as hell. Being sniper you don't have too much kiting options at your disposal unless Eng. You have nice cooldowns to compensate that. Went just now in Alderaan H2 as Marksmanship and buffs. Ended with like 100k HP or something. Scorpio ended with 3300+ max damage or so.

First Paladin, killed it in 1:15 with my DPS of ~5200. However, I took about 180K damage. At the same time, Scorpios HPS was ~1500. Adan Tranik 2500 dps. More or less everything upto last room before Exarch was like that. However had some knights that were hitted me like a truck. One had about 3500dps on me, and about 160k damage, which is a lot. Killed him when I was on less than 10%.

Second paladin, Tress Parion put up some fight, around 3300 dps, and 267k damage on me. Scorpio again pulled 1500hps with 93% efficiency.

Now the room with 2 knights and 2 trash mobs. Almost died and utilized every thing at disposal. Polishing first trash mobs then stunning one knight (mind you that both were humping Scorpio like adolescents on h00ker), polishing one, meanwhile Scorpio trying to up her since she was close to dying, killing another with me again less than 10% health. Impale hits for 7k, thundering blasts for 6. assaults for 5k (all crits mind you, you gotta love RNG) Multiply by 2 of them, and you have some nice numbers.

3 stages before Exarch were quite interesting. On second room, Scorpio at one point stopped healing me, clicking her abilities didn't change a thing even they were all off the cooldown. Soon after I dieded as well. Next try, killed them faster and moved to third. Mind you that at one point, since I was farming thingies to lower Exarch shield, he completely bugged out, and started channeling console, even I haven't removed his shield at all. Clicked console, and cleared to the next one. Third one was also relatively ok, with few moments of clicking pretty much everything I had.

Exarch fight... Well... Interesting, since at first one I had dTPS of about 4500. In pure numbers:

Double strike, 6 hits, Avg dmg 9,777, DPS 1181

Melee attack, 23 hits, Avg dng 2406, DPS 1114

Impaling strike, 3 hits, Avg dmg 12,428, DPS 751

Shield bash, 3 hits, Avg dmg 10,917, DPS 659

Shield rush, 1 hit, Avg dmg 21,085, DPS 424

Double strike, 1 hit, 9,950, DPS 200

Residual Kinetic Energy, 2 hits, 4,438, DPS 179

Of course, that was too much for poor Scorpio, and her 1439 HPS.

Next try with much better positioning, interrupts and defensive cooldowns was successful, and she died in about 1:40. It was so better that Scorpio did whooping 580 HPS and 80% efficiency :)

To sum it up for the TL:DR

1. Not fun and quite intensive for content you are supposed to do on daily basics. Doubt I will do it any time soon as solo even I have 2 more heroics to finish on that toon.

2. Not for complete casuals at all. As in, casuals cannot complete it (didn't tried without buffs but I recon I would die much more without buffs

3. Companions need to contemplate the environment. Standing in stupid is, well, stupid. Also, if I want here in healing stance, no, I don't want her to pew-pew when I need heals.

4. Damage output is quite high for Heroic mission. Yeah, it is Heroic, and this one is certainly not for casual players. I am aware that it supposed to be challenging but this might be tad too much.

5. Eric said comps on level 50 will be more powerful than ever. I seriously doubt that. If Scorpio cannot pull more than 1500 hps when I take the damage on level 30, I dont expect her to pull much more on level 50. Up the healing output for about 25% and it should be enough challenging for first few tries, and later when you learn from own mistakes should be like regular daily missions.

6. Unless you use everything at your disposal, you might have rough ride.

Anyway, hope this helps (btw, I have Exarch video but didn't posted it since everything went smoothly on second try apart from sometimes not being able to target adds that she spawn so I had to click them...)

Not sure if this post is BS or if different companions have different healing performances.

I beat SF H2+ multiple times this week now, and comparing out rumbers I performed way worse damage wise (200 less on Exarch) yet had a lot less trouble than you. Did you use CCs and interrupts at all on any pull? Kiting is also reducing damage taken as the boss mobs are mostly all melee. Its actually beneficial not to go pure PVE here and pick some pvp utilities too if you are having trouble, like extra CC power or some such.

Your Scorpio is influence 31, one one run my Lana has the exact same influence, 31. Your Scorpio hps was 1,4k+, my Lana was pulling 1,6k+. My DTPS was 1,9, thats why smart interrupts (interrupt last sec, they dont harm you while casting their personal power) and kites were necessary for survival as dtps was higher than healing received. Giving comp just a little break by running for a sec or two is away from your dps but hey, dead dps does no dps.

Edited by Kiesu

Hi,

Since new partners are currently being developped for the Alliance, couldn't we be given the possibility to recruit other characters of our legacy as partners (once these characters have reached level 50 or 60). It wouldn't be difficult : as for other partners, their fighting style will only depend on the weapon they hold. Only their dialogues would have to be developped (and voiced, please !) , depending on their class and the force alignment we gave them.

That would be a very exciting feature. They are really missing in our alliance, now. Each time, the character we are logged as would be the outlander and the others would be partners.

Thank you.

Thats a really fun idea that would encourage folks to play other classes. Probably a nightmare to implement, but fun none the less

I have six level 65 (Marauder/Sentinel/Sorcerer/Sage/Sniper/Trooper) and two lvl 30-40 toons (Smuggler/PT) on Harbinger and I do all heroics regularly (thank god you guys don't nerf the creds.. I'm having a blast being a millionaire) I guess I'll focus on star fortress.

Level: 65

Average Item Rating : mix of 208/mostly 216/220

Discipline : Annihilation Marauder

Companion : Lana Beniko/Tank-Healer/23

Heroic Mode Star Fortress Belsavis

I did One and Only before the patch and trying to do the other Alliance achievement after the patch using the same equipment. Even with pre-patch, the heroic is still a killer for me, companions is stupid but manageable. Unlike certain classes, I can't taunt so when the healer aggro more than me, everyone try to kill her instead of me. But I'm squishy as well so I can't aggro too much or I die faster so I switch Lana's roles in between bosses. With the patch, she didn't hit hard or heal effective and merely dies a lot quicker during Exarch AOE. The game isn't Dragon Age. You can't customize tactics, you have to manually micromanage your comp while fighting the dumb preset AI who kept wanting to get us killed. The heroics would be a lot easier, if only I could use voice commands on comps like "Move your *** from the circles!" or "Don't attack him, heal me!" or other select curses in several different asian languages.

But there's a difference between trying to please "We want the game harder! Nerf the companions or we unsub! aka we don't want to get killed by some noob's companion.. please spare us this humiliation or we unsub!" crowd to making the companions as deadweights for EVERYONE. If you insist on us grinding influence to make a companion usable, might as well give us a pet rock companion.

I'm fine with level-sync with pre-patch companions.... why not, I am level 65 being nerfed to the planet/instance, either way, I am still a 65 with all the passives and abilities and I like that my companion can keep up with me. Now, you're making them dumb for no reason. And I don't use my companions as healers anyway, they're always Tank or DPS. Thankfully, they're not as pathetic as Healer preset.

And I am a non-recurring subscriber. That means, my sub has an expiration date and I'm okay playing as preferred status for a couple of weeks and will sub for future KOTFE chapters but that's months away. If being a sub is the only chance for me to be entitled like every others who kept whining whenever something became so OP, you're not making me want to spend more money...

Edited by revkashepard

You know people can say that we need to show proof they lost subscriptions... I don't want to think people are lying or call their bluff that's not MY place that's BIOWARE'S so I would rather take people by what they say then cause more drama by calling those who claimed they've unsubbed liars and who are any of us to say they are? The fact is I've seen more complaints then support for this change and I read every post and it seems I see more people complain (minus myself and other repeat repliers) then I do compliments because a vast majority of those complimenting it are people who or repeat repliers to nag at those and put down and insult those who disagree with the change and though I don't want to get into the name calling game but that's very immature... We have a right to our opinions and we are going to stand our ground and if you don't like it well then just ignore it and move on. State your opinion on it and why you support it then go about your business... I don't have time to sit here and reply to every last person who wants to sit here and reply trying to make me see their side cause it's not going to work. My character I'd like to play it my way. You have your character you want to play it your way. That's the lovely thing called having a choice but those of us who liked the companions pre-patch did not get a choice it was thrust upon us and as I will say there is nothing that can stop them from changing the game back to pre-patch or making it to where people can choose to keep current companion status or choose to revert back to pre-patch. That's the beauty of modifications and seeing as "patches" download directly onto a person's computer/laptop it is not hard for them to send the modification for those who opt to have pre-patch companions to their email via a link and allow them to download the "mod" and install it to their game. That's the beauty of technology people... And I'm sure there is a way they can mod the game where people who choose not to take the mod to restore the comps and those who do can play together compatibly and it not cause some horrific error in a mod to this who do or do not choose to change the companions back.

I can only give one compliment to this patch maybe it's just me but even though I get my *** handed to me I have not had damage done to my outfit where I have had to repair it... That's the only positive thing I can say about it but I'm not thrilled Lana (mine has a lvl 10 influence) can heal better than Theron (mine has a lvl 26 influence) what the **** is up with that? But I'm off to bed...

Edited by DarthEnrique

Not sure if this post is BS or if different companions have different healing performances.

I beat SF H2+ multiple times this week now, and comparing out rumbers I performed way worse damage wise (200 less on Exarch) yet had a lot less trouble than you. Did you use CCs and interrupts at all on any pull? Kiting is also reducing damage taken as the boss mobs are mostly all melee. Its actually beneficial not to go pure PVE here and pick some pvp utilities too if you are having trouble, like extra CC power or some such.

Your Scorpio is influence 31, one one run my Lana has the exact same influence, 31. Your Scorpio hps was 1,4k+, my Lana was pulling 1,6k+. My DTPS was 1,9, thats why smart interrupts (interrupt last sec, they dont harm you while casting their personal power) and kites were necessary for survival as dtps was higher than healing received. Giving comp just a little break by running for a sec or two is away from your dps but hey, dead dps does no dps.

What part you think its BS? I can post here complete StarParse log with all the numbers for them to ponder upon.

As I said, Scorpio NEVER passed 1600 hps throughout the heroic. And please don't ask me questions about interrupts and CC's. I am quite aware of my class and really don't need advice on them. As a sniper, your kiting abilities are "slightly" reduced since your roll as only viable kiting ability is on 20 second cool-down and interrupt is on 18, and Paladins negate that quite fast. Here is last fight

video. Sadly I don't have epic fail screened, since I though second one was close to perfect, but the point is that this content should be accessible to at least 50-60% of population. With current state, and judging from the size of this thread this is not the case. Add there that companions are close to retarded, and you have bunch of people begging for something to be done. Personally, I don't really care. Left 2 more to do for second set of Legacy gear (as if I don't already have enough), and wont even bother to do that content anymore. However, other 60-70% will be quite pissed about it and that's not good considering the number of those people...

Also, requiring to know your class inside out for anything sans operation is rather harsh, since only operations (HM+) should be relentless and require utilization of the discipline and abilities on 100%. Story related H2, certainly don's fall into that basket in my book at least.

Edited by SettGirkkurn
Typos and stuff...

Please give us your feedback, and we simply ask you to be as constructive as possible. Include information such as:

• Your level
  • Roughly Average Item Rating
  • Discipline
  • Companion
  • Companion role
  • Companion Influence level
  • Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?)
  • Your personal experience while playing this content

Just a simple, short test, two elites on Dromund Kaas (H2 Defeat Valen Korik), Lana kills one, my PC kills the other ...

Level 65 Corruption Sorceress (healer), mixed gear 190/200/208/216 with L50 Relics, Lana Beniko in DPS mode, 13 Influence.

When mine is dead, Lana's victim is just below 50% HP.

Chances are there going to be offering something shine to get people to resub. Tuesday or the Tuesday after the holidays to help us forget their screw up.

They are gonna have to do something before the holiday. With Black Friday and Cyber Monday, if people are unhappy with that weekend coming up, they will move on to something else, whatever the new shiny is. A lot of places are gonna be having sales on games....

What part you think its BS? I can post here complete StarParse log with all the numbers for them to ponder upon.

As I said, Scorpio NEVER passed 1600 hps throughout the heroic. And please don't ask me questions about interrupts and CC's. I am quite aware of my class and really don't need advice on them. As a sniper, your kiting abilities are "slightly" reduced since your roll as only viable kiting ability is on 20 second cool-down and interrupt is on 18, and Paladins negate that quite fast. Here is last fight

video. Sadly I don't have epic fail screened, since I though second one was close to perfect, but the point is that this content should be accessible to at least 50-60% of population. With current state, and judging from the size of this thread this is not the case. Add there that companions are close to retarded, and you have bunch of people begging for something to be done. Personally, I don't really care. Left 2 more to do for second set of Legacy gear (as if I don't already have enough), and wont even bother to do that content anymore. However, other 60-70% will be quite pissed about it and that's not good considering the number of those people...

Also, requiring to know your class inside out for anything sans operation is rather harsh, since only operations (HM+) should be relentless and require utilization of the discipline and abilities on 100%. Story related H2, certainly don's fall into that basket in my book at least.

The first line of your reply already tells me you didnt read my points of question to begin with, because I wrote them right there and you didnt reply to them.

Let me requote myself since you obviously missed the part I was pointing at:

"Not sure if this post is BS or if different companions have different healing performances." and "Your Scorpio is influence 31, on one run my Lana has the exact same influence, 31. Your Scorpio hps was 1,4k+, my Lana was pulling 1,6k+."

On that video it didnt look like you were ever even taking more than 1,2k dtps, I'm not sure how you are expecting your companion to heal damage that isnt there to begin with.

(btw, kiting doesnt only mean rolling)

Edited by Kiesu

The first line of your reply already tells me you didnt read my points of question to begin with, because I wrote them right there and you didnt reply to them.

Let me requote myself since you obviously missed the part I was pointing at:

"Not sure if this post is BS or if different companions have different healing performances." and "Your Scorpio is influence 31, on one run my Lana has the exact same influence, 31. Your Scorpio hps was 1,4k+, my Lana was pulling 1,6k+."

On that video it didnt look like you were ever even taking more than 1,2k dtps, I'm not sure how you are expecting your companion to heal damage that isnt there to begin with.

(btw, kiting doesnt only mean rolling)

Yes I did actually, and when the reply starts as "not sure if you are talking bs OR somethinge else is wrong" I see it as doubt in something that I have wrote. And obviously would like to know what you find BS in that post.

As I said, haven't screened the one that I have posted silly numbers from Exarch, which did the damage I wrote down. If you wanted to point out that companions act differently, then you should say so without bull$hit part. Do you really think I would bother doing it if I wanted to sell you crap? As said, done it, and couldn't care less for the nerf anymore (yeah, it pissed me as said in post, rage quit, and going full retard... but when I calmed down, realized it is not that much of an issue for me). Its not my primary fun in this game, but seing 180+ pages of people crying about I though I should give a numbers backuped feedback. Video is there because its doable, but its not meant for the majority of the population. And which questions I havent replied to? About using interrupts and cool-downs? What do you think judging from the video, do I know how to use them or not? And you obviously didn't read my original post, since as I said, I have downed her in 1:40 with Scorpios hps of less than 600. But, on the fights that DID made damage her heals were under par, and obviously nothing close with Eric's statement about level of difficulty... Either way, something is gonna change, and its nice really, since majority of people are having issues. Even that I didn't have MUCH issues with it, I really don't want to be elitist and say everything is fine since my experience didn't changed that much.

Edited by SettGirkkurn

•Your level - 65

•Roughly Average Item Rating - 216 comms armor and ear, one 208 pvp and one 216 comms implant, 208 pvp ear. 208 pvp relics, 216 crafted main hand, 220 comms off hand. All augmented with either shield or absorb level 208 augments.

•Discipline - Vanguard, shield specialist.

•Companion - Lana

•Companion role - heal

•Companion Influence level - 16

•Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?) - Star fortress h2+

•Your personal experience while playing this content:

This was my first time trying to put a tank though a star fortress mission. I did not have enough influence with any of the alliance specialists to get any of their gadgets, so I decided to do a title run (for "The One and Only" title).

Overall, I found the op both easier and more tedious than with my gunnery commando and my infiltration shadow that I already reported on. this could have been because this I have mostly 216 gear on this character, and mostly 208 on the other two, or it could have been because it is easier to run these mission with a tank than with a dps toon, I'm and not sure which. One thing to note though is that I rarely ever tank, and really only made this character a tank in order to better understand the tanking roll, and so I am much less practiced at playing it than I am with other characters that I have created.

As for the mission itself. There were really no issues until I got to the last platform for the final boss fight. The first time through I was doing well and thought that I had it beat when I let Lana die (I should have taunted the boss off of her, but I failed to do so) and I died leaving the boss with less than 5% health remaining. Then on my second attempt, I missed on interrupts, and crashed and burned early in the fight. Then on the third attempt, I paid attention and getting my stuff together by taunting and interrupting when I needed to, and as a result I had no real issues with the fight, and I completed the mission and got my title.

Summary:

Overall I would say the common theme that I have come up with that the healing output is less than I would like to see out of my companions. Even though I was able to complete the missions that I did, I did not have any clean runs where I did not die at least once, and in the case of this particular attempt, I felt that if Lana had been able to heal more effectively, that she could have spent less time healing, and more time trying to do some damage, and that would have made the fight shorter and less grindy/more fun for me.

Edited by Exly

The best way I have found to complete this successfully while killing the Exarch is to keep moving in a big circle and use any mobility-able shots. This will keep your healing companion from standing in stupid whie it follows and also help drag the Exarch through some of his own red floor damage. If you have all the buffs from the quest, be sure and place the turret at the beginning and at a safe stop again on cooldown if needed. Save the healing probe buff for an "Oh Chit!" moment if needed.

On 2 of the 4 I tried after nerf, the exarch posed a problem and healed to half full from under 1/4 a couple of times. I had not seen this issue pre-nerf so it took more time to kill him. I found the whole heroic SF way easier to complete on my dps merc rather than my healers. mostly because she kills so fast. It was a drudgery on my Op and merc healers.

As it stands now, all the cheevs are done and I will not be going back with other chars. Waste of time and energy. Hope this helps.

no need to be a dick. Eric wants feedback, and he has to expect it's not all going to be constructive as a lot of people are disappointed. he needs to know how the community is feeling about this in general, as well as the more specific things he has asked for.

he wants feedback? he sould play the game for five minutes. Should give him enough feedback. Oh ..and he should do a FP pre 65 or even 55. Might pick up something else which emphazises the problem of useless companions even more.

Yes I did actually, and when the reply starts as "not sure if you are talking bs OR somethinge else is wrong" I see it as doubt in something that I have wrote. And obviously would like to know what you find BS in that post.

As I said, haven't screened the one that I have posted silly numbers from Exarch, which did the damage I wrote down. If you wanted to point out that companions act differently, then you should say so without bull$hit part. Do you really think I would bother doing it if I wanted to sell you crap? As said, done it, and couldn't care less for the nerf anymore (yeah, it pissed me as said in post, rage quit, and going full retard... but when I calmed down, realized it is not that much of an issue for me). Its not my primary fun in this game, but seing 180+ pages of people crying about I though I should give a numbers backuped feedback. Video is there because its doable, but its not meant for the majority of the population. And which questions I havent replied to? About using interrupts and cool-downs? What do you think judging from the video, do I know how to use them or not? And you obviously didn't read my original post, since as I said, I have downed her in 1:40 with Scorpios hps of less than 600. But, on the fights that DID made damage her heals were under par, and obviously nothing close with Eric's statement about level of difficulty... Either way, something is gonna change, and its nice really, since majority of people are having issues. Even that I didn't have MUCH issues with it, I really don't want to be elitist and say everything is fine since my experience didn't changed that much.

sigh...

Again: I was comparing your companions HPS that you were complaining about to my own companions HPS on the same fight. With same influence level. And wondering how is it that mine was doing ~200 hps more more than yours. After pointing this out twice I see you still didnt get the point I was finding confusing in your post, hence the question "Is this bs OR are different companions coded to performing differently". Do you now after the third time I explain the point of my quote, understand it?

Ofc, this is not something I expected you to be able to reply to in terms of game coding, but you proved your complaint on lack of healing quite well by demonstrating your dtps being lower than the amount of healing you were expecting to get.

So, while we still dont know if different companions perform differently or not, I now know why yours was most likely doing less healing than mine in the first place. The discussion ended already, no need to be upset anymore.

I have no issue with nerf either, I have no issue with comps getting a buff either. What I have issue with, is people displaying varied numbers with odd expectations vs performance.

Edited by Kiesu

Your level - 65

Roughly Average Item Rating - 216

Discipline - Jedi Knight Guardian

Companion Lana

Companion role Healer

Companion Influence level 28

Which Mission or Star Fortress are you playing (Solo Mode? Heroic Mode?) SF Alderaan Heroic

Getting the gear is a matter of patience and work through alliance weekly heroic missions and increase the alliances level to get the rewarded crystals needed for the best gear. I was finally able to solo SF Alderaan Heroic with glowing armor and a companion at level 28 influence, I am now able to get a few pieces of radiant gear. I used stims a lot more on these then any other time during the game which is ok. Took a couple tries to learn the fights is all.

The biggest issue I have is that I can get all my gear through the crystals except for the main weapon which you decided to make forced grouping by doing operations to get the tokens to upgrade. This is the biggest disappointment I have. If we want the one and only achievement then you counter that with forced grouping to upgrade your main weapon.

Give other options to get the main hand weapon

Give a way to convert Basic Crystals to Glowing and Glowing to Radiant.

Make sure the alliance max levels means you get enough crystals to get a full set of radiant gear.

Edited by Wulfbur