H2+'s

CombatLord

I have been upset at the comp changes with 4.02 and I overreacted in my statements about it so now I wanna ask a no hyperbole question.

Is it still possible to solo the planet H2+'s without having to buy Treek or get a grp?

All but a few, yes.

VIpers Nest and For The Record on Makeb you should probably skip. For the Record doesn't have much to do with the Companions, its just not really possible without two people at least without some really clever stuff.

played it a little bit, could solo all H2+ on beslavis with a rank 26 lana healer (or even tank) on my sniper. I imagine it would be easier on a tank. I had to make use of various CC like flash bang grenade, stun, bump for melee and mez if there were droid and a few defensive cooldown. Didn't wipe, but there were some close call though.

Only thing i couldn't solo was the star fortress H2+. Went up to 3rd array but was overwhelmed. I didn't insist after 3 wipe, since i don't really care about new alliance companion.

Overall, weekly H2 are objectively harder, i have to watch my health and use cooldown. I like it though, feels good to use everthing in my arsenal to manage to stay alive. I like the new swtor.

That being said, i wouldn't mind if bioware decide to implement a toggle to reduce difficulty of the game for those not seeking the challenge, or maybe like a player/companion temp buff working only in heroic area.

I have been upset at the comp changes with 4.02 and I overreacted in my statements about it so now I wanna ask a no hyperbole question.

Is it still possible to solo the planet H2+'s without having to buy Treek or get a grp?

Yes it it. I used Koth (influence 19) and I am a dps shadow with a mixture of 192/208/216 and was able to solo the heroic in black sun.

For the Record doesn't have much to do with the Companions, its just not really possible without two people at least without some really clever stuff.

FYI, I found Inquisitors/Consulars to be the best classes to try and solo this heroic. With force speed and/or phase walk you can click the four panels before dying.

On my L65 Marauder with the following: 208s with 2 pieces of 216 and 1 220. Healing companion at rank 8 influence. All classes unlocked except BH (Skadge/Blizz bug) for the Presence. 'bout half the datacrons collected.

Finished all H2s on Alderaan and Balmorra with little difficulty post-patch. Compared to pre-patch, the only thing I really noticed was that I did need to pop some defensive abilities from time to time, and once had to hit Heroic Moment when I aggro'd an extra group. Went AFK once while fighting a single Gold (dogs needed to be let out), came back to find both it and me still alive, and I was near 100%.

Haven't tried Heroic Star Forge yet. Haven't tried Makeb which sounds like it may be tough now.

No hyperbole.

also some piece of advice.

Try to plan you pull, CC the biggest enemy and kill the weak enemies first, in order to reduce incoming DPS as fast as possible.

Do not use AOE spell because some crowd control break on damage, same for companion. Pure mono.

Don't hesitate ti pop DPS cooldown to maw enemy faster, those are usually up every 2/3 minutes, so you can use them very often

use bump if you have for enemy melee, don't hesitate to kite if you're low in life to let your companion healer bring you back up. One thing i like to do for exemple is use a flash bang grenade and not attack for 8 second to let lana heal me without taking damage. (when there is only one enemy left)

And of course, make sure you are full HP when you pull.

Starforge heroic 2+ solo without starforge buff.

Marauder lv 65 (legendary player but only finished companion conversations on my mara)

Rank 16 heale lana with +41 crit crystal and 208 versitile hilt

Mix of 216 and 220 gear- easilly solo able (fully augged). Popped defensive cooldowns.

Tried with 208 pvp gear (fully augged)- soloable- had to pop defensive cool downs on boss + heroic momment.

^it is very important to use heroic momment!

Please make sure to use heroic momment!

Le me state that even though i solo'd this content- i believe they were nerfed too much! They need a slight re-tune! They are definatelly weaker then they were during 3.0! (By a large margin)

Yes it is. For example I was able to solo the Voss [H2] Ancient Guardians in about 5 min with NO deaths on my Shield Tech Bounty Hunter with my rank 12 companion Mako in heal mode.

There are 75 different planet H2's that range in difficulty from taking less than 1 min to taking well over 15 min to complete. Your experience will vary depending on the specific H2, your class, level and gear rating and the rank of your companion. With 75 missions to choose from I am sure that even the most casual player can find several that they can do very quickly with no problems.

Arsenal Mercenary lvl 65 in a mix of 208/216 gear, running with lvl 25 Lana

Done all the H2s today on the following planets;

Hutta

Dromund Kaas

Tatooine

Taris

Ilum

Voss

and have only had to heal myself on one mission on Taris.

I have also done all the following dailies and weeklies/heroics with no issues;

Black Hole

Czerka

Yavin

Makeb

GSI

I will be doing the rest of the H2s over the coming days but don't envisage any problems tbh. Star Fortress might be another issue reading the forums but maybe its more of an issue with its difficulty as opposed to over nerfing companions?

Starforge heroic 2+ solo without starforge buff.

Marauder lv 65 (legendary player but only finished companion conversations on my mara)

Rank 16 heale lana with +41 crit crystal and 208 versitile hilt

Mix of 216 and 220 gear- easilly solo able (fully augged). Popped defensive cooldowns.

Tried with 208 pvp gear (fully augged)- soloable- had to pop defensive cool downs on boss + heroic momment.

^it is very important to use heroic momment!

Please make sure to use heroic momment!

Le me state that even though i solo'd this content- i believe they were nerfed too much! They need a slight re-tune! They are definatelly weaker then they were during 3.0! (By a large margin)

Didn't use Heroic Moment on my shadow. Had to kite the boss around though. Did the math and the heal from HM and having to stand to use the skills pretty much negated a reason to use it. The spike damage is just way WAY to high on the last boss and the trash. I have found that you really need to be constantly moving when using a paper armor class.

For the Record doesn't have much to do with the Companions, its just not really possible without two people at least without some really clever stuff.

Rocket Boost, Hydraulic Overrides, Force Speed, Mad Dash, Phase Walk, Heroic Moment, Unify/Sacrifice, Rocket Out, Extricate, Holotraverse, and I'm sure a missed some, are all abilities that allow to you more than enough time to click the 4 panels without dying.

Hope this helps.

Edited by AshlaBoga

They are still doable but more tedious. Expect more downtime between fights to heal up. Don't pull more than one group at a time. Before the nerf I never used my comps in dps mode because their health would decline pretty fast. Now, in tank stance my rank 47 Kira loses health about as fast as in dps mode before the nerf. Personally I prefered the flow of the fights to the 'challenge' we get now but to each his own I suppose.

Oh and be sure to use a weapon with barrel/hilt as it still gives stats... My Kira was walking around with clean equips all this time... I guess now I know why people were complaining their comps were too strong and I had no idea what they were talking about...

One good thing about this all is that I finally decided to reinstall ESO to see how that game has fared since last year.

65 Sent, maybe half the datacrons done, all 8 class stories done, all comps unlocked & Level 30 comps.

Ran a few Couscant Heroics, no problem there, health bar dipped maybe 5~10 %

Voss was a different matter. In a group v 2 strong & 2 normal I nearly wiped, comp healing couldn't keep up.

I shall be skipping mob heavy H2's in the future, too slow to grind through them now.

Haven't tried a starforge H2 solo yet post patch & wont even bother (I did the achievement solo Sunday morning as I knew the nerf was coming!).

yes

you need to utilize all your skills and abilties

so use your interupts

use your stuns

use you defensive abilities

use your adrenal

use unity

use self heals

use knockbacks

use your relics

use heroic moment

H2s are very soloable in 208 or higher gear but you have to use all your abilities when needed.

The companion change only really changed one thing for the heroic 2 SF and thats you can no longer ignore the rest of your abilities and just have the companion heal you through the damage

If you try that, you will die to the paladins, elites, and possibly some strongs.

When you face the final boss, use the sheilds they provided plus your skills and abilities

H2s are now challenging

but they are soloable

yes

you need to utilize all your skills and abilties

so use your interupts

use your stuns

use you defensive abilities

use your adrenal

use unity

use self heals

use knockbacks

use your relics

use heroic moment

H2s are very soloable in 208 or higher gear but you have to use all your abilities when needed.

The companion change only really changed one thing for the heroic 2 SF and thats you can no longer ignore the rest of your abilities and just have the companion heal you through the damage

If you try that, you will die to the paladins, elites, and possibly some strongs.

When you face the final boss, use the sheilds they provided plus your skills and abilities

H2s are now challenging

but they are soloable

I mean older H2's before 65.

Absolutely the only one I have not been able to solo is False History on Makeb but that is no different than before last patch

Back in 2.X I solo'd the heroics on Korriban at level with my first toon, a warrior with Vette in starter gear. This wasn't me trying to prove anything either, I was such a noob I just didn't know what heroics were and didn't know they were group content until Kaas when I picked a fight with Deth Kregg (who I can now solo pretty easily too).

But yeah, most experienced players rolling a new toon should be able to moonwalk through the earlier planets.

Nothing change for the heroics, I've tried differents heroics quests with companion on heal and also dps mode, they are very simple and easy to do.

I tried heroic on Makeb, Nar and Tatooine and i've never died, I pulled different enemies groups and it was all easy.

Edited by VanderII