Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Is Bioware really going to leave it like this?

Ojas

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, I called it

Warriors/Knights are too easy to kite around, and a Class that has to use a Cover System in an MMO is not viable

Expect the Bounty Hunter to overtake the Inquisitor, in time; as people wear off from the "I am the Emporer" feeling of shooting Lightning, and realize that a Ranged DPS/Healer Hybrid that wears the Heaviest Armor in the Game is stupid OP

Yep, I called it

Warriors/Knights are too easy to kite around, and a Class that has to use a Cover System in an MMO is not viable

Expect the Bounty Hunter to overtake the Inquisitor, in time; as people wear off from the "I am the Emporer" feeling of shooting Lightning, and realize that a Ranged DPS/Healer Hybrid that wears the Heaviest Armor in the Game is stupid OP

Most MMO's healers are wear heavy armor dating all the way back to pen and paper dungeons and dragons Clerics.. despite "wearing heavy armor" it doesn't make us tanks.. lack of shield and if you have no defense rating like a 5 or 6 percent chance to defend yourself.

Arsenal and Firebug can boost defense and survivability, but you're not going to put out ANYWHERE near the heals you would full heals and not suffer severe issues with heat.

The problem with 100 percent class balance is the fact that all classes would be exactly the same.. exact same abilities but different animations.. in the earlier days of beta all classes FELT EXACTLY ALIKE. Because classes were all homogenized.

Talk about not being fun at all.

Edited by Shammus

Yep, I called it

Nope. I have let's see...an instant aoe slow that I can talent down to pratically free, and 5 stuns as a Guardian. Tell me I'm easy to kite. Shady, please troll harder dude and spend more time playing and less time flaming the forums. I'm amazed you haven't been banned yet.

Cover is fine. Ppl just dont use it right or something, so they roll what they think is easiest. Plus they wanna be a sith with lightning or bounty hunter. I am sure it will even out eventually.

Btw where did you get this numbers?

Edited by Ommm

They could balance the classes better

Not that complicated

Then tell me why WoW is basically a runaround where each class gets it's 15 minutes of fame every patch until they're nerfed in the next one and a new flavor of the month emerges. Balancing can still be worked on, it's not like they had one shot at it. Also, that's not really a solution. How would you suggest making balance changes? You're not really being that constructive.

Yep, I called it

And the forum troll award goes to....

The Cover System is one of those things that works in PVE... but is hell in PVP.

I'm reminded of Hunter Traps in WoW. When you could predict a dumb NPC would walk over your trap and trigger it, the system worked. In PVP, where your trap is visible, players are intelligent and can avoid it -- that doesn't work.

Cover's another of those gotchas. It is really only good if no one is paying attention to you while you're blasting away at them... and let's face it, PVPers can see where your shots are coming from. They'll know you're there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.