Which classes fits the most in Kotfe storywise?

yoomazir

Actually I think it was the Hand that chose you. Vitiate was trapped on Voss at the time thanks to the great canned ham.

That fact this is never even addressed is a pretty major blunder with the story. yeah, I don't think the Inquisitor has the power to trap something as powerful as Vitiate, but he should have the option to threaten him with it, even if it only gets a laugh out of the Emperor.

Inquisitor can comment on that in chapter 2 of Kotfe.

Actually I think it was the Hand that chose you. Vitiate was trapped on Voss at the time thanks to the great canned ham.

That fact this is never even addressed is a pretty major blunder with the story. yeah, I don't think the Inquisitor has the power to trap something as powerful as Vitiate, but he should have the option to threaten him with it, even if it only gets a laugh out of the Emperor.

^ This. Just this. That has been my main issue with SI in the KOTFE storyline. Other than that, I think it's one of the best stories to fit in the storyline, since he/she's made to lead, and might be the only character with some experience in large scale conflicts (after all, you get to command your own starfleet.) and leadership (longest time member of the Dark Council not counting Darth Marr when the story begins)

Then again, the one who mentioned that the best character to locate and recruit members to the Alliance could be the BH since well, it's in his/her job description to do so is quite right IMO

I think there is where any hope of different class storylines might rest.

Edited by Cicgnar

All force users fit pretty well; You can easily head-cannonize yourself into thinking story has deeply personal connection going between your Knight/Warrior/Inq and the daddy-emperor-ghost. It makes bit of an illusion in a sense that almost all of the dialog is entirely same for all classes. Still, feeling of unique story that suits your character will hold together just fine for one playthrough with any force user. It'll be very nice and entertaining eight hours, if you enjoy a good video game story and don't mind the complete void of meaningful gameplay and staggering lack of freedom to make mistakes of any kind, either via dialog, gameplay or otherwise.

Come second playthrough on any other force user class, you'd realize it is more or less the same story again, with almost all of the dialogue identical just as well, heh. KOTFE has approximately as much replay value as re-watching six-a-clock news of last week.

Notion of playing the story with any of the non force user classes at all is pretty ridiculous. Playing EA's NFL 2016 on my Trooper would result feeling less out of place than taking him anywhere near anything KOTFE related.

Edited by Stradlin

Notion of playing the story with any of the non force user classes at all is pretty ridiculous. Playing EA's NFL 2016 on my Trooper would result feeling less out of place than taking him anywhere near anything KOTFE related.

Why is it ridiculous? I have heard that mentioned a few other times and I am curious....does a non force user help Lana and Senya raise(or push a little more likely) the Gravestone or something?

Edited by Saelinne

I have to say now that I've gone through it multiple times that it felt very organic to my Agent, but felt incredibly forced to my BH and inquisitor. I haven't done it on my warrior yet, but it doesn't seem like it would fit particularly well on her either, given that the Emperor has taken quite the hands off approach to his "Wrath" till now.

All that said, it just seemed to flow in the agent story, especially taken after Makeb and SoR.

I have to say now that I've gone through it multiple times that it felt very organic to my Agent, but felt incredibly forced to my BH and inquisitor. I haven't done it on my warrior yet, but it doesn't seem like it would fit particularly well on her either, given that the Emperor has taken quite the hands off approach to his "Wrath" till now.

All that said, it just seemed to flow in the agent story, especially taken after Makeb and SoR.

I don't know. My SI felt like pretty much natural in the new storyline, from the very start. The soldiers on the ship used her title, Darth Marr acknowledged their past together as leaders of the Dark Council, the Emperor mentioned your rank and your past storyline, you faced your past, during the story your character asks about her fleet's destiny (which is answered with a quite vague "they fought, retreated and pretty much become MIA in the outer rim." Okay, acknowledged yet quickly written off) etc.

My second playthrough was with a SW, and the fact that she's the Wrath is pretty much constantly mentioned, and has a closer personal relation with Valkorion than my SI had, since well, they've known each other personally. Yeah, it was the same story all over again, but there was enough difference to not feel forced for another character.

I agree that the one-story-to-rule-them-all can disrupt somewhat the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy it more than once, but, honestly, I think there are enough differences and details not to feel too dissapointed. Take off your pink-tinted glasses from the 8 class storylines. Yeah they're all great, each of us has a favourite. But each planet was the very same for the BH than it was for the SW or the SI or the IA. Same with Rep classes.

I don't see such a great difference between that and KoTFE. Having said that, I DO expect Bioware to throw us a bone or two somewhere along the story, like they did in Rishi and give us a couple class-specific sidequest.

Maybe for the SI is to recover the Silencers and put them back in the fight. Maybe the BH gets to rally the Mandalorians behind his/her flag. I, for one, am only dissapointed that they didn't deliver on the monthly updates and the lack of true endgame (You can tell chapter 1-9 are made to last one month, because maxing your alliance and getting pretty much all achievements takes more or less that time without expending heavy hours on the game)

Edited by Cicgnar

I agree that the one-story-to-rule-them-all can disrupt somewhat the suspension of disbelief required to enjoy it more than once

I think this is it right here. I did agent first and it felt right, doing the other classes felt more derivative and less fitting to their stories to me, likely because they weren't the first play-through.

Why is it ridiculous? I have heard that mentioned a few other times and I am curious....does a non force user help Lana and Senya raise(or push a little more likely) the Gravestone or something?

No. They just stand around asking "Why am I here again? This is out of my league." with the only thing saying you should be here is Lana "It can be only you" and Valkie "Ummm...sure...yeah...you're so awesome because you made something of yourself without the force...nevermind that it generally wasn't as impressive as some people make it out to be" :p

Smuggler "Why call me and not a force user."

Marr "I should, but you're here now."

:p

No. They just stand around asking "Why am I here again? This is out of my league." with the only thing saying you should be here is Lana "It can be only you" and Valkie "Ummm...sure...yeah...you're so awesome because you made something of yourself without the force...nevermind that it generally wasn't as impressive as some people make it out to be" :p

Smuggler "Why call me and not a force user."

Marr "I should, but you're here now."

:p

Haha that's amusing quote, but let's not start on whatever non force users (and more importantly our ones) can play on the same ground as the forcce users...

In fact doesn't it make more sense if you are non force user? The first few chapter you will want to run away and not confront Vaylin because you are missing your equipment and she is just too strong for you to have any chance against her without any tricks...

...and sorry to the dead horse for me beating it so much but Senya and how she throws you!...damn it:)

Hi

For me it is my lightside inqisitor. Because all her struggle to get to the top to reform and recreate the empire to her vision is in danger. So she has much more to loose.... it is her empire.

She also has more leadership qualities than most other alts.

From slave to leader of the empire also best fits valkys comments about her resemblance to him and achievments best.

Also she liked Darth Mar and considerd him a close ally, more than all the other alts. So valky made it more personal at the beginning. She is used to forceghosts that is also a nice continuity in the story. Also it is easy for her to reject valkys power, because she is arrogant enough to think she would be capable enough to fight it out all by herself.

Best regards

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.