Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

TaitWatson

For one thing, 5AM-9AM PST = 1PM-5PM GMT, which is basically work hours for Europeans.

Whereas 5AM is NOT work hours for (West Coast) Americans.

Now if you want them to do things even earlier, then you'd be seeing Bioware employees working at like 3AM.

I'm perfectly fine with BW employees doing the maintenance during West Coast work hours, like 1PM - 5PM PST, not during their early mornings.

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe anyone with the streaming client is attempting to patch right now. All the previous problems with it wanting to download the entire game again if even the smallest issue is found.....

The announcement says the issue is with client patching - why are you risking it?

This is a long downtime, what happens? Does the companions fight back, they do not want to be nerfed? :tran_wink:

The companions are in charge now. They are so OP , so even BW cant deal with them.

Lana`s AI is so advanced. She escaped the game and took Eric Musco as a slave.

The companions will rule the world like Skynet.

Quit your whining. You don't see any of the APAC players saying, "Why don't you move it to 1pm PST - 5 pm PST so that it's not interrupting our play time?" Do you? And these are people who have a constant 5-6 hour difference between when they play and most of their server populations play. Edited by Arthuriuan

Quit your whining. You don't see any of the APAC players saying, "Why don't you move it to 1pm PST - 5 pm PST so that it's not interrupting our play time?" Do you? And these are people who have a constant 5-6 hour difference between when they play and most of their server populations play.

Since the servers are completed segregated between the US and EU why can't they have separate maintenance times?

Quit your whining. You don't see any of the APAC players saying, "Why don't you move it to 1pm PST - 5 pm PST so that it's not interrupting our play time?" Do you? And these are people who have a constant 5-6 hour difference between when they play and most of their server populations play.

Quit your bossing, that's tl;dr. You could just wrote "You don't see any of the APAC players" and be done with that.

Good Job Bioware :D

KotFE Release, Serverlags like hell, Latencyprobs...nerfing stuff ppl benefit from, irgnoring bugs like 0 armor.

And now? A bugfix patch is bugged. NICE QA work. I bet tenthousands of ne players will....quit....

but hey just keep the good work...and dont forget to permit any discussion bout datamining informations. we dont need any information, we love surprises....

Well, it's 9PM for me. I was hoping to be able to play at 6PM at least since it's my final subscription day, but I can't. I lost an entire play day due to this and I doubt I'll get back the paid ingame time.

I wish they at least replied to my email which I sent in after four tickets ingame that they didn't take the time to read but replied with generic responses instead.

Companion base stats have been reduced.

Companion damage and healing output has been reduced.

Good, but by how much? Because my sub ends in a few days, less than a fortnight, and tomorrow would normally be the day I resub, so the first thing I intend to do when I get on is check I can still solo SF. Cuz if I can't.... well, there are a fair few games out there I enjoy a lot more than this already.

By around 75%. Yeah a new nerf record.

Anyway, patcher is bugged, so the nerf even nerfed the servers. Bioware, why did you hire nerf herders for balancing the game? All they care about is chasing nerfs.

Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds gave us free food when we got nerfs. Every time something is nerfed in TOR we should get a free food companion gift!

This is a moment where I'm as an european player am so happy that the maintenance times are not completely biased towards Americans. Because it would really suck if the primetime for all european players to get ruined, by simply an extended maintenance....

oh, wait...

Edited by Sandreid

I don't actually use bit raider (in fact I have no clue what it is for) but it's installed by default with my game and I have been unable to finish the patch myself. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.

~ Eudoxia

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/7430 to troubleshoot

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=684872&highlight=bitraider to remove. read before doing please.

wouldn't it be an idea too invest in a backup server? so you can work on one server with new features and bug fixes, while we play on the other. and then you can throw that online when the accounts are in sync and throw the other offline too start new work with? i know other games do something similair and mostly only have a 10 min downtime while updating too newer versions