Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

TaitWatson

Solo mode with a companion supporting you. Go and run the Makeb Hcs, or the hoth ones (the ones with the sith mobs on empire side). Your CC'd every few seconds by several silvers. You can only break them every so often.

Even some of the lower levels Na Shadda ones are packed with mobs, and being a synced 65 can still get you killed if you have no healing at all.

I may or may not want to mention regarding the nerfs that may or may not be coming to companions, that no information has been given as to how big the nerfs may or may not be. If it is indeed happening.

Plausible Deniability FTW

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may or may not want to mention regarding the nerfs that may or may not be coming to companions, that no information has been given as to how big the nerfs may or may not be. If it is indeed happening.

If a "nerf" is to happen it should be not just be a blanket percentage to all healing skills the companions have. Make it so the fast casts are weaker as thats what they spam the most.

The dataminers made an estimation and admit they are no theory crafters so they dont actually know the real amount but linked the raw data (see the website) for people to delve into.

I hope , if there is a change, its minimal

Oh it's happening Eric confirmed that much. He didn't however confirm how sever the nerf will be. Which as i said in another topic scares me more then anything.

You cannot solo heroics without healing if your a class that cannot self heal. The elites and or champions will destroy you especially on the higher level ones, even more so if they have a few silvers in the same pull (mob pack).

- Belsavis, so no low level planet

- No companion

- Shadow dps, so as squishy as it can get (I have the armor utility though)

- No healing abilities

- Enemies CC you you? Let them taste their own medicine.

Why I don't panic even when my hp drops? It's because I like to do this heroic and in fact I've done this heroic on all Republic characters, solo.

Oh it's happening Eric confirmed that much. He didn't however confirm how sever the nerf will be. Which as i said in another topic scares me more then anything.

I hope after the nerf that I could solo the H2 as before. If the nerf is to strong so that I forced into grouping für the H2 it's time to quit.

Why couild this .... not led the compagnions as they are with 4.0.0?

Solo mode with a companion supporting you. Go and run the Makeb Hcs, or the hoth ones (the ones with the sith mobs on empire side). Your CC'd every few seconds by several silvers. You can only break them every so often. On makeb many of the enemies will do knock back, hard stuns or aoe casts. Anything from ariel bombardment skills to force user stuns, with the normals battering you whilst your loosing globals to interrupts, knockbacks and stuns. All trivial with healing but a nightmare if you have no healing being given.

Even some of the lower levels Na Shadda ones are packed with mobs, and being a synced 65 can still get you killed if you have no healing at all.

If I have to adapt (as In the healing becomes worthless) so be it, but I dont expect everyone to suddenly become keybinder masters like us to change to heroics being a struggle without your companion healing.

Defensive Cooldowns, Focus Fire weaker mobs, CC, All of those Heroics you mentioned can be easily done with a bit of smart playing aside from one on Makeb that is easier with 2 people because poison gas will kill you if you do not click 4 things quick enough. It sounds to me, you are just jumping into a pack of mobs and auto-attacking and then dying.

I hope after the nerf that I could solo the H2 as before. If the nerf is to strong so that I forced into grouping für the H2 it's time to quit.

Why couild this .... not led the compagnions as they are with 4.0.0?

You don't need a healing companion to solo when a DPS companion will kill things just as quickly.

You don't need a healing companion to solo when a DPS companion will kill things just as quickly.

Isn't that the same argument only in reverse? People are complaining that you can solo to easily with a healing comp so they must be op yet you say you can do the same with a DPS comp but I don't see DPS getting a nerf.

Isn't that the same argument only in reverse? People are complaining that you can solo to easily with a healing comp so they must be op yet you say you can do the same with a DPS comp but I don't see DPS getting a nerf.

They say "power and haeling" - so it will be also a DPS nerf.

Hello Eric and Tait, I see in the patch notes there is no mention of the fix to Nightmare Operations loot whereby it only drops 220 instead of the 224 Gear as posted in this thread.

And response by Tait here

Hey folks,

The team is looking into this, but I haven't heard anything worth passing on yet.

-Tait

I was wondering if we can get an update on this and will this be fixed in an upcoming patch instead?

Thanks.

Edited by FerkWork

Hey Eric, Tait, anybody, really?

ANY update or comment about the bug featured in this thread---

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843854

33 pages and still no dev comment. Can we at least get a confirmation about it being addressed, or if the lack of companion romance acknowledgement is a genuine reflection of broken flags or maybe just a singular one off and the romances are fine for the main story when the companions possibly affected might return?

Please and thank you!

Unless I'm missing it, I don't see a fix for missing companions from the 1-50 story? I'm not talking after KotFE I'm talking playing 1-50 origin stories...

Specifically, Aric and Torian....

I didn't see it either and I went up and down the patch notes 3 times.

With the one liner in the notes about graphics, does that mean the platforms for Soa and the rocks for Gharj in EV will finally display properly again? Or this that still on the list of things scheduled to be fixed "Soon™"?

I'm still waiting for them to fix the lag/stutter on NPCs after that "tuning patch" months ago.

#LIlivesmatter

Edited by Nathan_Cousland

I see no mention of the ignored romances that occur during KotFE content.

Those of us in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843854 have been waiting patiently (mostly) for communication of any sort for almost 4 weeks.

I also see no fix for companions that go missing after being recruited in level 1 - 50 content. I have a level 17 Jedi Knight that was past the recruitment of Kira and after KotFE launched she is gone.

Edited by TinaLovesHan

I see no mention of the ignored romances that occur during KotFE content.

Those of us in this thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=843854 have been waiting patiently (mostly) for communication of any sort for almost 4 weeks.

I also see no fix for companions that go missing after being recruited in level 1 - 50 content. I have a level 17 Jedi Knight that was past the recruitment of Kira and after KotFE launched she is gone.

Wait, is she still missing for you? I thought they fix this? How are they missing companions, still, almost a month later?