Maintenance: November 17th, 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 813
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who needs the servers to be up when we have this entertaining thread? It's almost as good as general chat. It brings out the entitled whiners, those without a firm grasp on reality, and the never satisfied.

<snipped>

Now if you've stuck with this wall of text this long, please enlighten the rest of us veteran MMO players as to the true hardship of your current predicament. I'll make it easy for you and let you focus on 1 thing. Please enlighten us veteran Pre-NGE SWG players as to the predicament of your current hardship, especially since when we played SWG technology wasn't readily available to consumers as it is now, so we'd be waiting for a good 12 hours to download a major patch, if we were lucky, and it took us a year in real life time to run around force farting our lightsabers all over the place.

/endrant

Best. Post. Ever.

Thank you for speaking so eloquently for the rest of us out here who are just sitting back, eating popcorn, and watching the show! :p

Ok... *******... read my lips: NOBODY POSTING HERE IS F2P. NOBODY.

I freaking know!!! But read my lips now.

ITS F2P!!! Dont call the sub "Game time" when you can just stop to pay, and ohh gues what, still play the game...

Jebus beleibus

OK LISTEN UP!!!

What you pay for Arent play time. Ffs it is F2P.

You are paying for this. Updates, bugfixes, patches, everything that goes on right now.

R&D, Repairs, support is what you pay for. You pay for the extras in the game, NOT THE TIME YOU PLAY!!!

Ok, understood??

If that's the case then how come my subscription is measured in game time??

Really they just need to get rid of bitraider all together. Those of us that have disabled it have updated client with no issues and can get to the servers page.
Been saying this from day one, its been nothing but problems and I still don't understand why they still use it..

Since the servers are completed segregated between the US and EU why can't they have separate maintenance times?

It may be as simple an issue as server synching and limiting exploitation of things that are being changed in updates. It could also be that the personnel running the server facilities outside of North America have other responsibilities and can't be expected to run a server update at a time when North American personnel are out of the office (i.e. outside of North American work hours). It's unfortunate sometimes, but because the game is a single entity operating across multiple time zones, the primary determinant of when things are done probably has much to do with whether or not the central office/developers can be contacted at that time.

All servers are now available!

Please note that if your patch is downloading slowly, allow the patch to finish, even if you experience periods of download inactivity. We are working with our external content delivery partners to remedy the situation.

Players who previously started their download, the same applies: allow the download to complete, even if there are periods of inactivity. It will ultimately download.

Thank you for your understanding!

-Tait

Edited by TaitWatson