These 4 threads all ask the same questions,can we get answers?

Kianabamin

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will I need to PvP for future Companions / Will I need to unlock Companions like Pierce to access future Companions?

The answer to your question is maybe. We are open to the possibility of future PvP related Companions/Mission content which could require the completion of M1-4X/Pierce's Missions. That said, we would not likely have PvE related content require it.

So... if I understand this part correctly, even though I have chosen to not get M1-4X and Pierce because I detest PvP with a deep and abiding passion, that to access future companions, I might be forced to unlock the previous PvP-wall companions after all. In essence, requiring me to inflict myself on warzones and avid PvPers, where I do not want to be and where I won't have a clue what I am doing, and won't have any fun doing it, and making it horrible for everyone else that is there.

Or again choose to accept being gated from accessing all the companions I might wish to have.

Great. Just great.

Chapters 1-9 were awesome. Best time I ever had in this game. Ever. Alliance and recruiting companions -- not so much. Keep adding barriers like this and it gets a lot more not so much.

I talked to Matt about Alliance, Companions, and your questions specifically related to accessing future Companions. Between this thread and the ones linked in the OP, I think there are two main questions you are looking to have addressed.

Will I need to complete currently available alert Missions to unlock future alert Missions?

As of right now, the answer to this is yes. Inside of each Alliance Companion type (Military, Underworld, etc), the Companion recruitment alerts are very much looked at like a Mission chain. Generally, you must complete one alert Mission before you will receive the next. Note that you only need to complete the Mission itself, not necessarily recruit any Companion associated with it. There may be exceptions to this later on, for story reasons, but this is the general rule right now. It is worth noting that this is something the dev team is talking about, so it could change, but this is how it works right now.

Will I need to PvP for future Companions / Will I need to unlock Companions like Pierce to access future Companions?

The answer to your question is maybe. We are open to the possibility of future PvP related Companions/Mission content which could require the completion of M1-4X/Pierce's Missions. That said, we would not likely have PvE related content require it.

I think that should answer the primary questions that you have! Let me know if anything requires further clarification. Thanks!

-eric

Thanks for the comments Eric.

I have to say that this is not very alt friendly when some players have 16 alts for each AC. It seems to hinder the player's ability to truly recruit the companions they want if it requires 4-5 rejection missions just to get to the one they want. For the quests like Talos that take 10 or so minutes, it's no big deal, but quests like Qyzen and 4x/Pierce that take hours to do are a bit long for a whole chain.

Maybe lower the requirements as a legacy perk once you've completed it once? 1 world boss or 5 trophies for Qyzen and 5 or 10 warzones for 4X/Pierce?

I talked to Matt about Alliance, Companions, and your questions specifically related to accessing future Companions. Between this thread and the ones linked in the OP, I think there are two main questions you are looking to have addressed.

Will I need to complete currently available alert Missions to unlock future alert Missions?

As of right now, the answer to this is yes. Inside of each Alliance Companion type (Military, Underworld, etc), the Companion recruitment alerts are very much looked at like a Mission chain. Generally, you must complete one alert Mission before you will receive the next. Note that you only need to complete the Mission itself, not necessarily recruit any Companion associated with it. There may be exceptions to this later on, for story reasons, but this is the general rule right now. It is worth noting that this is something the dev team is talking about, so it could change, but this is how it works right now.

I think that should answer the primary questions that you have! Let me know if anything requires further clarification. Thanks!

-eric

I really feel that you guys should reevaluate the forced pvp for future companions. The players that are complaining about it are definitely not having fun. This is IMO NOT encouraging any of these players to continue to pvp in the future. Many enter the warzone map and find a corner to hide in until the match is over. I don't mind the quests, as I enjoy pvp. If you guys want to see more participation in pvp do something to balance class performance inside wz's. A lot of these players don't do pvp with any regularity, and tossing them into an end game (65) warzone where they can't kill anything because certain classes are over performing, or get killed in 5-7 seconds because certain dps specs are broken can't be fun for them.

TLDR: either exclude pvp from story mode pve progression or balance class performance inside warzones.

Does this mean we're stuck with the companions that do not have an option to be rejected? Like the star fortress companions and the companion from Find a Findsman that's required to progress to further recruitment missions? Basically I can't recruit any companions because I don't want him on my crew.

Edited by FireFoxed

Thanks for the comments Eric.

I have to say that this is not very alt friendly when some players have 16 alts for each AC. It seems to hinder the player's ability to truly recruit the companions they want if it requires 4-5 rejection missions just to get to the one they want. For the quests like Talos that take 10 or so minutes, it's no big deal, but quests like Qyzen and 4x/Pierce that take hours to do are a bit long for a whole chain.

Maybe lower the requirements as a legacy perk once you've completed it once? 1 world boss or 5 trophies for Qyzen and 5 or 10 warzones for 4X/Pierce?

Its way way beyond being alt friendly IMO.

Example, yesterday i finally finished unlocking Dr Lokin on my Sorc, thats after emptying a whole cargo bay full of jawa junk to buy an insane amount of resources in order to proceed to the next step that i have to wait for an event to be active to do.

Then i leg it all the way to tatooine and across half the map to click a glowy and fight a boss.(which is bugged btw :))

Upon returning to Lokin i NOW have the option of rejecting him as a companion......!!!!

My point being i really cant be bothered with such a tedious expensive grind in the future but Erics post tells me if i dont repeat this on my alts i will basicly be locked out of any future content that alert quest giver may provide?!

All Alert companion missions should have the option to kill or reject the companion at the start, not after a week long grind.

Really not overly fussed how the unlocks work but i really cant stomach doing Lokin on any other alt, or for that matter subjecting myself to more pvp to unlock Pearce, what bothers me is the fact that content i may want to do is locked out to me because i choose not to unlock all the companions

The answer to your question is maybe. We are open to the possibility of future PvP related Companions/Mission content which could require the completion of M1-4X/Pierce's Missions. That said, we would not likely have PvE related content require it.-eric

This gets better and better! Not only will I have to suffer through 280 warzones for my 14 characters, and have everyone in the warzone suffer by extension for having me in it, but I also might have future companions who would be pvp companions? Wonderful...

Excellent news Eric! Thank you for asking and please tell Matt I appreciate him not backing down on PvP requirements. I appreciate the team trying to expose players to PvP.

I'm not against exposing players to pvp. If you tried it thanks to that and discovered you like it? Awesome. I'm glad for you. Sincerely glad. But you don't need 20 warzones to know if you like pvp or not... One or two is way sufficient to realize that, and it didn't take me more than one try to know that I disliked it. Ten just got me mad enough to want to not even bother to try and make an effort or participate. Twenty? I just officially hate pvp now...

And yes, I know it is optional, but companions are part of the story and I'm playing for the story, so as much as I dislike pvp, if companions are gated, I'll do whatever is needed to get them even if it's stuff I dislike. But I'll do it very very reluctantly.

Edited by lanawinst

This gets better and better! Not only will I have to suffer through 280 warzones for my 14 characters, and have everyone in the warzone suffer by extension for having me in it, but I also might have future companions who would be pvp companions? Wonderful...

Oh heavens! I know....why not TRY! Sure you might still lose a lot, but if you do 280 WZs you might actually get better.

I'm not against exposing players to pvp. If you tried it thanks to that and discovered you like it? Awesome. I'm glad for you. Sincerely glad. But you don't need 20 warzones to know if you like pvp or not... One or two is way sufficient to realize that, and it didn't take me more than one try to know that I disliked it. Ten just got me mad enough to want to not even bother to try and make an effort or participate. Twenty? I just officially hate pvp now...

And yes, I know it is optional, but companions are part of the story and I'm playing for the story, so as much as I dislike pvp, if companions are gated, I'll do whatever is needed to get them even if it's stuff I dislike. But I'll do it very very reluctantly.

Companions are cosmetic now. What makes you think the non-main characters are part of the story.

Oh heavens! I know....why not TRY! Sure you might still lose a lot, but if you do 280 WZs you might actually get better.

Companions are cosmetic now. What makes you think the non-main characters are part of the story.

First of all, I have no interest in getting better, because I have no interest in doing pvp. I gave it one honest try, and that will be all I will give. I'm there only because that's the only way to get a companion, I wouldn't be there at all otherwise, believe me.

Companions are not cosmetics for me. I've experienced the story with them at my side, have fond memories of conversations I had with them, and hope to have more in the future with later content. If they really become entirely cosmetic and stop talking, then I might concede you the point, but as of right now, I don't believe and keep hoping that Bioware wouldn't dumb down the story by making companions entirely cosmetics, especially after saying that they would put an emphasis on the story.

Edited by lanawinst

I won't.

I'm here for the story. If I am forced to PvP to get more story, that's a deal breaker for me.

I got one light char through KotFE except for the Star Fortress heroics, and got one neutral char up to Lokin today. I was not looking forward to getting 8 more through all that. After reading this news about forced PvP for future story content, all I'll be doing now is getting one dark char to kneel, finish 1-9, and then I'm out.

I have other games to play where I am not forced to PvP.

Well I can't say I didn't expect the answer Eric gave, I'm not entirely happy about it - 27 chars that're gonna have to PvP to get progress? Not entirely up for that...

Yes it's my choice to have that many chars, and yes I did it to see the stories - this isn't story it's a painful version of of a "go kill/collect x number of y McGuffins"

Options

1. Turn the Pierce/4x into an either/or for PvE/PvP and the same with other future companions you're thinking of doing it with.

2. Make Valour legacy based so it only needs to be ground out once.

3. Ensure all companions have a VERY CLEARLY LABELLED reject option in the initiating conversation. (unlike that infernal flirt option in the cantina - can we get that changed as well?)

4. Reduce the amount of matches needed for the Pierce/4X missions

5. Allow GSF matches to count on the Pierce/4X

6. A mix of or all of the above.

Edited by Forgettableone

Could someone fill me in on the particulars behind these comps the require PVP?

You need to have a certain lvl of valor to finish their quests (40 or so) and to get that valor level it requires you to to at minimum 20 PVP matches. This is correct Yes?

Assuming that my above understanding of these missions is correct then BW setting Valor as legacy wide would solve this issue people seem to have with doing these across multiple characters. Right?

Could someone fill me in on the particulars behind these comps the require PVP?

You need to have a certain lvl of valor to finish their quests (40 or so) and to get that valor level it requires you to to at minimum 20 PVP matches. This is correct Yes?

Assuming that my above understanding of these missions is correct then BW setting Valor as legacy wide would solve this issue people seem to have with doing these across multiple characters. Right?

Valor level of 40 OR 20 PvP matches attended (as sitting in the corner hiding is according to some... viable)

What about prefered players ?

They can't do these missions as they can't do pvp? well maybe 5 matches per week.

Excellent news Eric! Thank you for asking and please tell Matt I appreciate him not backing down on PvP requirements. I appreciate the team trying to expose players to PvP.

I totally agree. I am glad they are staying the course. PvPers have to to PvE to get just about everything in this game. I have no problems with having PvEers having to PvP to get stuff.

I dislike PVP, and I loathe the vast majority of PVP players in SWTOR, so I will not acquire Pierce or 4X on any character that can't recruit them automatically. I'm unhappy that these characters are locked behind mandatory PVP content, but I can live without them. I don't like this decision, I don't like that it may happen again with future companions, but clearly they've decided that's how it's going to be, so that's that.

If anything, I wish they'd scripted an alternate method of obtaining these companions via PVE, perhaps through completion of Flashpoints, or kill X number of enemy faction NPC's, etc. If there was a PVE option along with the PVP option, even if the requirements took longer or were more demanding, then at least there would be something for everyone.

Screw PVP and screw any efforts to force me into it. If we wanted to PVP, we'd be doing it already, I wouldn't need to be railroaded into it by hiding a Companion behind it.

I'll tell you this much, though. If this continues, I'll show up naked in your warzones and be a complete and utter waste of a spot. I'll be a hindrance and nothing but dead weight.

You'll carry me and I'll laugh when we lose.

Go ahead, keep pushing PVP on us, see what comes of it.

Screw PVP and screw any efforts to force me into it. If we wanted to PVP, we'd be doing it already, I wouldn't need to be railroaded into it by hiding a Companion behind it.

I'll tell you this much, though. If this continues, I'll show up naked in your warzones and be a complete and utter waste of a spot. I'll be a hindrance and nothing but dead weight.

You'll carry me and I'll laugh when we lose.

Go ahead, keep pushing PVP on us, see what comes of it.

:)

Won't phase me one bit.

This is extremely upsetting to those of us who do not enjoy PvP in your game at all, but would at least like the opportunity to recruit old companions on the characters they match with. Personally I haven't cared about the Pierce/M1-4X mission *except* on my Vanguard... she was able to acquire Forex with no problem because Forex was part of her original team, but I haven't tried on any other character and haven't cared. The issue would then be if another class's companion is hidden behind Pierce or Forex, meaning that that character would have to have PvP to get past the character I don't care about to gain a new one.

It's the same issue a lot of people are having with Lokin being gated behind completing Qyzen. I only cared about Qyzen on my Shadow because he's part of that character's crew. Being forced to get Qyzen on my sniper to get Lokin is pretty ridiculous. (Even though, yes, Qyzen is far easier to acquire - needing only three world bosses - than the PvP characters.)

What I would ask, Eric and BioWare, is very simple: if you're going to gate companion acquisition in chains, give us a way to bypass the gate... but ONLY on characters who already have a relationship with the gated companion. For example, removing acquiring Qyzen as a pre-requisite to acquiring Lokin on an Agent, since Lokin is part of the Agent's original team, but keeping the pre-requisite as it is now for other classes (as it stands now, Lokin's mission doesn't show up until Qyzen is recruited). Don't force people into roles just to bring back what they had prior to the KotFE drop; only require additional steps if it's value-added instead.

Edited by damonskye

Eric want say about some bugs

1) Achievements

- 2 achievements bugged ( 1- kill makrin with fire on makeb 2- receive 100k damage in Alderaan warzone)

- pvp total kill achievements

kill 55 players in 1 warzone (its too many . example huttball and you need kill 55 but not score balls?

its why nobody have 100% pvp achievements now

2) Codex

need continue/finish job to fix codex

you know here on forums some threads with bugged lists

its help found all

3) Companions

I missed Treek us Companion

cant summon her (in unavailable companions section now)

cant buy new too

(possible reason: I buy republic and imperial hk-51 character perck on 1 character

I think its cause this bug)

4) I have datacron +10 and hk-51

but Corellian museum crystal and Hk-weapons protocol

still in my mission items

cant delete it

its always in my mission items

please create method delete it

thanks !