When sages/sorcs get nerfed.

James_Mcturney

I hope it's so bad that they will be worst than 3.0 snipers ever were, until so long that this game gets outdated and a new one replaces it. lol

There should only be dps in pvp rly, its the most fun, kill or get killed, maybe all classes should be dpses ;p with self heals and temporarily tanking skills hahaha that would be an awesome game xD

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess that's why Mobas are so much funnier and popular than MMO's/PvP... there is no such bs like full healer/tank, it's always team work + kill or be killed (or destroy base quicker ;p).

Guess a fix to OP healing in pvp would be a "hurt" debuff where everyone who gets injured for too long/too much dps starts to get -% healing debuff stacks.

O.O

Out of a troll-ish post i get an awesome idea (i guess? this way the only balance required would be class specific and not healers overall, specially sage H.)

Sniper and Marauder have healing debuffs that are rarely used. Everyone has been waiting for the Sorc Nerf (or alternatively a buff for everyone else (except PT)) for years. Don't hold your breath.

Nerf sorc.... a dream.

BW created this class, to keep paying, unskilled lemmings in game.

Look for wz. Everywhere sorcs. They are like a Rakghoul plague. They crawl out of their stinking holes and pollute the air. They stinks so much, that can't breathe.

Edited by BoskiCesiu

Sniper and Marauder have healing debuffs that are rarely used. ...

This exactly. I've seen people complain about not being able to kill healers. I would sit in PvP and watch a healer freecast for like 30 seconds without a single interrupt, stun, push back, pull.

This exactly. I've seen people complain about not being able to kill healers. I would sit in PvP and watch a healer freecast for like 30 seconds without a single interrupt, stun, push back, pull.

For a typical PvE minded pug it's just not fun to attack healer. You cannot kill him alone so there is no point to attack him. :D

Guess that's why Mobas are so much funnier and popular than MMO's/PvP... there is no such bs like full healer/tank, it's always team work + kill or be killed (or destroy base quicker ;p).

Guess a fix to OP healing in pvp would be a "hurt" debuff where everyone who gets injured for too long/too much dps starts to get -% healing debuff stacks.

O.O

Out of a troll-ish post i get an awesome idea (i guess? this way the only balance required would be class specific and not healers overall, specially sage H.)

Pretty much. MMOs have been so busy copying dynamics from EQ1 that they haven't considered or noticed that there are other options that would work better and that more people would enjoy. Sure - some people like playing tanks and healers but I strongly suspect that more than half of those that are currently playing them are doing so purely because of their special win/power potential and not because they wouldn't pick "dps" along with well over 75% of everyone else in these games if they were just as viable. Meanwhile those stick to playing classes/specs they like for aesthetic/theme reasons are constantly treated like second class citizens by the mechanics.

Edited by Savej

Since in 3.x Sentinel's Cripping Throw with healing debuff and range 10m was without any reason nerfed into 4m, I rare use it. :(

Oh really? I didn't know this. For a Melee class this puts Sentinels at a disadvantage forcing them to go, often times, behind enemy lines to apply the healing debuff. With that said, a healing dubuff by both the slinger/ sniper and the sentinel / marauder are quite strong

awww :( you mean to tell me a melee class has to actually be within 4m of its target to actually use that skill? well that's unfair!!! :p

4m is only lag distance.

Also, there is delay of animation for force leap, if target move, you landing obviously 3-4m behind target.

Also, for melee you must stand in front before target. You cannot attack when target behind you ever on 4m. While you will turn, target already move away on 3-4 m at least.

Real melee distance - 7-10m.

• 2 weeks later...
4m is only lag distance.

Also, there is delay of animation for force leap, if target move, you landing obviously 3-4m behind target.

Also, for melee you must stand in front before target. You cannot attack when target behind you ever on 4m. While you will turn, target already move away on 3-4 m at least.

Real melee distance - 7-10m.

Agreed, 4 meter skills are a joke, there should be none.

The only sorcs/sages who urgently need nerfs are the healer ones. The other ones are manageable.

I can agree to this. Madness at least to me after plaing it a bit, could use less healing to full and auto healing with damage in exchange for more actual burst. Of course that is what makes them YOLO viable though. With a dedicated healer, I'd rather have some other DPS

Since in 3.x Sentinel's Cripping Throw with healing debuff and range 10m was without any reason nerfed into 4m, I rare use it. :(

So you mean to say that it's currently at your optimal range, and yet you refuse to use it? LOL, your right, let's just make the game so we can roll our faces on our keyboards instead of playing smart.

*EDIT* Oh and using an interrupt on a cast is too hard, so can we make it so that casting is impossible at any time other than in PVE plox, k thanks now.

/sarcasm

Edited by SuperGrunt

as a sorc healer, i find that it's not too hard to lock me down. granted, im probably a poor pvp player, ill admit that. but when I enter a wz, there are very few times when im allowed to free cast, when that happens, yeah, we can be effective. but if you have anyone paying attention on the other team, all you have to do is put a single dps melee class on that sorc and he is locked out of the fight.

You don't actually have to kill the sorc to render him inert, all you have to do is pressure him. if he is in self survival mode, then he is not healing anyone else, and you have taken him out of the fight.

many times have I been trying to get away from a couple dps classes, only to be repeatedly slowed, to where i cant run, while the dps are using all of their insta cast abilities to attack, while I run through all of my instant cast heals, which seem to not be able to keep up with the damage being dished out, to the point where all I have left are my cast timer heals, in which case, I have to stop to use....game over.

sometimes, I think that dps classes should have cast timers on their abilities, just like we have cast timers on ours. why should I be relegated to being fodder for someone, because they can use almost all of their abilities while on the run, while a portion of mine, I have to be standing still to use.

but then again, maybe my poor playing and inexperience is causing me to miss something..but I just dont see how sorc heals are op. someone please enlighten me.

• 4 weeks later...
as a sorc healer, i find that it's not too hard to lock me down. granted, im probably a poor pvp player, ill admit that. but when I enter a wz, there are very few times when im allowed to free cast, when that happens, yeah, we can be effective. but if you have anyone paying attention on the other team, all you have to do is put a single dps melee class on that sorc and he is locked out of the fight.

If he is guarded (which he will be in more serious matches) then you can put 3 dps on him and he won't be out of the fight, even if he is the other team just invested 3 dps 100% effort into it....... it's mindless. One of the solutions is to put like a sentinel with -20% heal debuff and a merc netting (if their dps is any good ofc) might generate a kill if the team doesn't help properly;;; in the end it also comes with great sacrifice as those classes are very squishy/very long defensive cooldowns. In ranked it may not be doable, but i'm not sure after recent nerfs to all those dps. My guess is that 4's will end with acid 95% of the time and the sages/sorcerers will win if they use invulnerability last (invul on acid phase is also ludicrous).

Edited by James_Mcturney