Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Now witness the firepower of this fully armed and operational battle companion!

Jnaathra

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, the downside here, which you may realise just now as you're standing there with Scorpio just behind you, is that you've maximised her efficiency; you've now finished giving her all you have to offer.

Start running.

Hey thats not funny. That's actually kind of scary.

The evidence is all over the net and the forum. They are STRONGER now, but they have almost ALWAYS been stronger than players.

At lower levels, most certainly.

At max level? Not really. The +presence stat only applied a flat bonus in the pre 4.0 days. This meant that the higher your level, the smaller relative bonus you got from max presence.

That's one of the significant changes with 4.0. In addition to a vastly increased +presence ceiling (with the influence ranks), it applies a percentage boost, not a flat boost.

Edited by Khevar

They're more like how they'd be in max PvE Endgame gear, just wait until you get all your 220-224 parts.

Anyway, I'm sure that grinding all that influence for a companion was intended to pay off in that manner; and since you ground all that influence for SCORPIO, you have only yourself to blame for the consequences, OP.

Oh and by the by, enjoy your max-out companions!

By you posting this, they might see a reason to nerf it.

But don't BW. If I worked to influence 50, my companions should be monsters.

Agreed. Assuming you have 4 "mains" (that's an average in my guild, some players have 1 others have +8), you'll want +4 Rank x 50. That's about 3,000,000 credits on my server.

At that price, yes your companion should be the equivalent of a player in augmented, minmaxed, datacroned, adrenalized, stimmed, relic procced, +224 gear.

By you posting this, they might see a reason to nerf it.

But don't BW. If I worked to influence 50, my companions should be monsters.

I agree. Because there's an easy workaround for those who don't like it:

I have taken to putting companions in passive mode in order to get a challenge.

Please don't waste dev time on companions, focus on fixing the real bugs. :(

ETA:

Agreed. Assuming you have 4 "mains" (that's an average in my guild, some players have 1 others have +8), you'll want +4 Rank x 50. That's about 3,000,000 credits on my server.

At that price, yes your companion should be the equivalent of a player in augmented, minmaxed, datacroned, adrenalized, stimmed, relic procced, +224 gear.

Yes, exactly. They may be overpowered now, but we're at the starter tiers of a new expansion. Companions will remain the same as new tiers appear, if they nerf them now (and they do have the tendency to not be gentle with the bat), they'll probably end up subpar and disappointing later on.

Edited by KyaniteD

The evidence is all over the net and the forum. They are STRONGER now, but they have almost ALWAYS been stronger than players.

false.

companions of equal gear lvl as the player, and the player doing the optimal rotation, the comp would do a lil less then half that of the player.

Just more proof that companions need a massive nerf and soon.

Please keep these whining/complaining topics in a single thread. It's considered spam to create and bump the same topic over and over again. The majority honestly doesn't care about your whining. It's considered against the rules to make several topics on the same issue.

companions dont have defenses, tank stance is a joke. thats why they have high HP pools and hit hard.

pierce is at influenece rank 50 and puts up the same numbers. but HMFP boss fights these post 4.0 companions are horrible. a real pain to keep healed up during the big burst phase. whereas pre-4.0 companions were very strong due to customized gear that actually worked and had the proper stats

look at your companion stats a bit closer inside flashpoints . . . open world stats are very different

As always, first we get a ton of whine about nothing in this game being soloable anymore due to level sync. And when it turns out that companions,which, by no means you actually even need to summon, allow you to continue clearing content on your own, we get another ton of whine because the companions are op. Got to love them online communities and how reasonable they are.

As always, first we get a ton of whine about nothing in this game being soloable anymore due to level sync. And when it turns out that companions,which, by no means you actually even need to summon, allow you to continue clearing content on your own, we get another ton of whine because the companions are op. Got to love them online communities and how reasonable they are.

Ofc you need to summon the companion. They are party of the game, party of the story and for the immersion. Not to summon a companion is no option. Still, they should not be stronger than me because that counters the story and well, this game is about story, isn't it?

As soon as C2-N2 becomes the outlander, making all the decisions, leading the alliance and i am just following him i am fine with him being stronger than me.

Edited by Neglience

Totally agree with you.

Influence level 50 SCORPIO (max). In DPS mode. With 114,000 HP. Standard (non-finisher) attacks hit from 2.5k to 15k. Finishers (below 30%) hit from 20k to 42k. Screenshots taken during Heroic Mode Star Fortress.

http://imgur.com/a/cUl09

What barrel is she using, because there's a bug with hilts and barrels adding weapon damage when they shouldn't be.

I like the companion power levels, and the making of the game easy...I let my 6 year old Niece play some of my toons, and I can walk out of the room even if she pulls a TON of mobs(and she often does) and she doesnt die...so shes happy, and Im happy watching her play...

If this is true, I suddenly feel the urge to get the influence up to 50 on Nico Okarr. Right now, I thought there is no point in it. But I guess I was wrong.

And it also makes sense. My companion and me are the strongest force in the galaxy. Not even Vitiate/Valkorion has a chance against us, so why should some random mobster in a star fortress? There are nothing but lousy meatbags, even the droids.

They took away the powerful feeling of being a level 60 (now 65) due to the level sync. It is just fair if they give us back a poweful feeling through our companions. I am all for it!

Wow. Talk about dense people. "Companions aren't OP!!!!!11". "Oh, they are, but it's totally OK!!!!!!11".

Is the idea of bots not being able to deal more damage than player that really hard to comprehend? Mind you, that's with currently bugged "offhand", which doesn't look to provide additional force/tech damage.

Do you guys don't understand why this is bad? Why game playing itself is terrible design? What's the point of leveling your character? Just dump some cash into comps. What's the point of grouping? Just kick this DPS and bring your comps instead. Do you realise under no circumstances you even need that level of power in your beloved solo content?

I swear, this expansion lowered the basic level of intellect on this forums. And here i thought it was already impossible.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.