Maintenance to increase server capacity, why?

SaerethDL

Red Eclipse is the only server I see on the EU servers that is ever "heavy" as of late with the expac and normally has a 5 minute counter wait time, not too sure on the US servers, I recall seeing one the same state as RE but with no counter timer.

Give it a few weeks and all will be normal again, just lots of pushing and shoving for the let down expac that will most likely have the usual quitters unsubbing within a month again once there is nothing to do but log in once a month for a 20 min update play on the monthly add-ons

All the servers are light and standard right now lol

Um, not sure when you're on or what server you're on(European Maybe?), but Harbinger has had major problems. Running very heavy to full at prime times and has even crashed or been brought down for emergency maintenance 3 or 4 times within the last several days. I've also noticed in the server list(not sure which servers) there are normally 3 other servers sitting at high, with one of those at very high. Harbinger has been stuck on high to very high(at prime times) even before 4.0 and has had issues going offline(crashing) on occasion(not for planned updates/maintenance).

Looking at the servers once before posting does not give you any insight to how things are. Look at the servers many times throughout the day and you will see "Heavy", "Very Heavy" and "Full" on multiple servers so increasing capacity is warranted. Besides, it will be an hour of down time. Everyone can take a break and watch their favorite tv show.

Better to do the maintenance now than waiting 'til the hoped-for influx of people who join when the movie comes out, and then disappointing everyone involved when their highest population servers all experience crashes and lock-outs. And if the server loads at early access launch are anything to go off, they're going to want higher capacity available whenever they release new content going forward, regardless of the movie influx.

Better to do the maintenance now than waiting 'til the hoped-for influx of people who join when the movie comes out, and then disappointing everyone involved when their highest population servers all experience crashes and lock-outs. And if the server loads at early access launch are anything to go off, they're going to want higher capacity available whenever they release new content going forward, regardless of the movie influx.

You think that movie is gonna make people sub to swtor in droves.. hahahah :D

There are a ton of people on this game right now. Remember, they are mega servers. So medium or even light doesn't mean 1000 or 500 people. They hold LOTS of people these days and if it's filled up to moderate, heavy or full you better be sure there are TONS of people on that server.

I've been off today and I'm off tomorrow and I have noticed there is a BIG surge of players on starter worlds, TONS on the fleets and even all around the galaxy since level sync is now live, which makes people do things they want on a planet of their choosing.

It's great to see!

oh Gawd, why complain about an improvement to the servers...........

you could have been in style and mentioned the companions...

I'm also complaining about Nico, how we were told only people that subbed july30 - aug 10 would get him, turned out we were lied too, and got ripped off. :eek:

There are a ton of people on this game right now. Remember, they are mega servers. So medium or even light doesn't mean 1000 or 500 people. They hold LOTS of people these days and if it's filled up to moderate, heavy or full you better be sure there are TONS of people on that server.

I've been off today and I'm off tomorrow and I have noticed there is a BIG surge of players on starter worlds, TONS on the fleets and even all around the galaxy since level sync is now live, which makes people do things they want on a planet of their choosing.

It's great to see!

From my experience it has been about the same amount of players, maybe a little more of course because the expansion is brand new, but I don't expect it to continue even a month from now. Enjoy while you can!

Edited by SaerethDL

I'm also complaining about Nico, how we were told only people that subbed july30 - aug 10 would get him, turned out we were lied too, and got ripped off. :eek:

Really? I have Nico from the day early access started. I saw tons of Nicos running around last week

From my experience it has been about the same amount of players, maybe a little more of course because the expansion is brand new, but I don't expect it to continue even a month from now. Enjoy while you can!

This game has had a steady flow of a lot of players. Despite what doomsayers forecast, it's doing well.

Been an influx. So much for everyone wanting to quit.

That's what I thought when I had to queue twice for the first time in three years and there were multiple servers HEAVY, VERY HEAVY, and even FULL. I don't like having to queue as a sub (though I don't complain when I have to), so if the servers are increasing capacity, I'm not sure how that could be anything but a good thing, regardless of the reason for it happening.

All the servers are light and standard right now lol

Mmm the NA servers are bursting at the seams with populace. So much so in fact that I've transferred my guild master title to one of my trusted Lieutenants and exiled myself to a less popular European pvp server. Way too much competition for heroics, dailies & nodes for my taste on my main server. :o

Edited by Aeristash