New Packs are bugged and give 90% Bronze items

Transairion

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, tons of bronze and silver and zero gold items is your definition of "overall better quality items"?

Yes it is, just like when they said "make crafting more streamlined and easier", then add components, (which adds complexity), and also remove recipes from the trade skill vendor. Dont try to overanalyze it, chances are you'll just hurt your head, hehe. EAware are special snowflakes, for them all this makes perfect sense :)

So buying Hypercrates is nothing new to me, so I gave it a go and...

21 Bronze items (mostly repeats)

9 Silver items (mostly the same set over and over)

1 Gold item

Out of 30 Packs. The most valuable items I got were the companion gifts, since the new Packs don't give any Exp Boosts, any Jawa Junk, they just give 1 item + a companion gift. That's all. Yet still cost the same as before.

*SNIP*

Working as intended, apparently:

Well, I bought 3 hypercrates.

I got 4 gold outfit crates ( 2 duplicates of each, unfortunately, so no full set)

I got every mount except for one of the really common ones.

I got every decoration except the Damaged Republic ATV and Commemorative Statue of Theron Shan

I got a complete set of every single outfit other than the golds. With loads to spare. (that includes the silvers. I remember selling at least 6 silver boxes that I didn't need)

Only thing I didn't get was the Lower Sith Recluse, Supplementary Herald of whatsitzface, Akk Dog companion and Irakie Falcon mount.

So, for me the hypercrates were dropping as expected compared to the old ones (by that I mean better than the old ones).

Now, I'm sure people are going to call me Biodrone, White Knight or whatever else they want, but that was my RNG.

Who actually believes they want to give us better quality or value for the packs.

Its more like they are testing the waters to see how much blood they can get out of the stone. Less production costs/ less value per pack for same price and if the sales work out this is probably what we will be stuck with.

QFT. This guy knows whats going on. Testing the waters and seeing what the market will bear.

Hey folks,

We wanted to make sure to jump in the thread and clarify, the drop rates that you experienced in that Hypercrate are not a bug. Unfortunately the information provided by CS from that in-game ticket was in error, and we are working with them to adjust any miscommunication. Keep in mind that with 4.0 there were changes to the items that are found in each pack, with the goal of getting you better quality items overall. This morning one of our Cartel Market Designers, Toby McCall, posted two threads looking for feedback on these very changes. If you feel unhappy with the results of buying packs, or a Hypercrates, definitely head on over to those threads and give your feedback.

Apologies for any confusion, thanks!

-eric

so the changes consist of more crap items to make people buy more when you are already bilking the customer for as much as you can get. Poor business model because there is a threshold where no more can be squeezed out and leads to a reduced income.

I LOLed when I read this. How does 1 companion gift(which I consider a non quality item) + 1 other item per pack even come close to the chance of quality items the other packs had?

It's such a waste of money now that I won't be buying anymore cartel coins... That's about $100 a month Bio are going to lose from me... I can only imagine how many others will do the same...

You're PAYING for hypercrates? Dude, put your referral link in your sig and you'll have the CC for all the hypercrates you want! (Seriously, I ALWAYS get at least one, and I've never purchased CC.)

I am because I also like to support the game. Still, I do like to get at least something decent for my money and I don't feel I'm getting that at all right now.

I bought almost a half dozen of the new crates when they came out, and I wound up with a half dozen or so mounts (a few Gold), most of the Sith Recluse set, most of the Herald of Zildrog set, a full Knight of Zakuul set, all of the Dune Raider set plus extras, all of the new Defender armor (trooper set, can't remember the name), chunks of the other couple of sets as well, bunches of decos, tons of comp gifts which are selling for HUGE values on GTN (like 80 - 120K per item, and I'm getting literally dozens of these things).

I do note something weird though...if I buy packs on the 1st few days they're released, I almost always get great drops. If I wait a week or longer, it seems like I just get junk drops. Of course I'm sure this is mostly perception based, but anecdotally, it sure feels like the longer they sit around the worse the drops get.

Edited by Bachannal

Um...how did you get a set that isn't in the Underworld Alliance packs?

No idea, but it's a full set in a box. I can screenshot it tomorrow when I get back in front of my PC if you like for proof. It was a drop in one of the packs...although, it might NOT have been in the Alliance pack, but rather in one of the "gold armor" packs...I bought a ton of packs at once, so...YMMV.

Lolol...ya, not sure I'm buying that either...think we've got some trollin goin on here...

Gees you people need to smoke less weed...the paranoia is severe.

AS I SAID....I can SCREEN SHOT IT when I'm back in front of my home PC tomorrow. I'm traveling for work today or I'd do it right now. FFS.

I had the same, had 2 of the lager packs and a few singles plus brought a 5 pack of GTN. Don't think I even had a gold item. If I did it was so poor that it did not even register that I got it. that's out of 73 packs.

Got better out of the gold armour packs. Had them all but can give to my other accounts that don't have them.

Simple solution. Until they come out with packs that actually have something in them you want, STOP BUYING them. The reduced cash flow will do more to get them changed than anything else. It's really simple. Don't buy packs, BW revenue drops, packs get changed. Even better would be getting rid of packs and letting people buy the pieces of gear they want, but I don't expect to see that.

No idea, but it's a full set in a box. I can screenshot it tomorrow when I get back in front of my PC if you like for proof. It was a drop in one of the packs...although, it might NOT have been in the Alliance pack, but rather in one of the "gold armor" packs...I bought a ton of packs at once, so...YMMV.

When people are talking about the drop rates within a hypercrate or from the regular Underworld Alliance packs, including something from a gold pack isn't relevant and holding it up as "see this is still great" is specious. You bought a gold armor pack, therefore got a gold armor set. It has no bearing on the drop rates within an Underworld Alliance pack, because it is not an Underworld Alliance pack.

I bought almost a half dozen of the new crates when they came out, and I wound up with a half dozen or so mounts (a few Gold), most of the Sith Recluse set, most of the Herald of Zildrog set, a full Knight of Zakuul set, all of the Dune Raider set plus extras, all of the new Defender armor (trooper set, can't remember the name), chunks of the other couple of sets as well, bunches of decos, tons of comp gifts which are selling for HUGE values on GTN (like 80 - 120K per item, and I'm getting literally dozens of these things).

I do note something weird though...if I buy packs on the 1st few days they're released, I almost always get great drops. If I wait a week or longer, it seems like I just get junk drops. Of course I'm sure this is mostly perception based, but anecdotally, it sure feels like the longer they sit around the worse the drops get.

So you're saying that you bought $350-$400 worth of hypercrates and saying it was a successful transaction because you almost got a full set of the 2 new ultra rare armors and a half dozen mounts. I think you have illustrated the point many of us have been trying to make very well.

So you're saying that you bought $350-$400 worth of hypercrates and saying it was a successful transaction because you almost got a full set of the 2 new ultra rare armors and a half dozen mounts. I think you have illustrated the point many of us have been trying to make very well.

$400 worth of hypercrates will let you sub for 2.5 years (6 months at a time, $13 a month).

That must be a lot of shiny...

Worse, in those 2.5 years, you'd be getting 18,000 CC which buys you at least 3 hypercrates (more if you wait until sales happen).

So if you remove the value of the CC from the deal, then $400 will sub you for 4 YEARS, assuming you would have bought some CC to begin with.

That must be a LOT of shiny...