Why are people always so unhappy?

The_True_Izanagi

This isn't just about the SWTOR forums, even though it is the worse I have seen. People are always so negative, if you look at the WoW, LoL, Lotro, STO, DCU, Dota2 forums they are all filled with doom and gloom post, similar to SWToR. Is it the anonymity that the internet provides that keeps you guys in a permanent state of grumpycatitus, be less like the GoP guys and enjoy yourselves, if you don't like something leave or do the criticism constructively.

Think of it this way, you go to Walmart you buy a awesome cake and you go home eat it, its just great. Do you call Walmart and say hey you guys make best cake ever? Most don't. But if you take said cake home and you find its stale, you might be inclined to call and complain. People will generally complain more then give a kudos over most things in life. Seems to be very prominent in MMOs :(

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Why are people always so unhappy?"

They aren't. You're just ignorantly bias. (That's not an insult.)

You have to understand where you are getting your observations from before you form an assessment of the people you are observing.

Take, for example, the people of this forum.

This forum is generally the one and only place where individual players can almost count on communication from the development team. Hence, this is the main place people will come when they want to voice their concerns about the game. So when you only observe the people here complaining, you cannot take that for the whole of the game's community complaining.

Think of it like this, if you stand next to a dart board, you shouldn't confuse people throwing darts at the board with people throwing darts at you. If you go where the damage is being done, then damage is all you're going to see. Back out a little bit and take some observations from a more general perspective.

This isn't just about the SWTOR forums, even though it is the worse I have seen. People are always so negative, if you look at the WoW, LoL, Lotro, STO, DCU, Dota2 forums they are all filled with doom and gloom post, similar to SWToR. Is it the anonymity that the internet provides that keeps you guys in a permanent state of grumpycatitus, be less like the GoP guys and enjoy yourselves, if you don't like something leave or do the criticism constructively.

New to the Internet? :rolleyes:

If people dislike an action that is done (4.0 for here), then yes, people will voice their displeasure.

What forum people are really paying for when they subscribe is the mental image of being a special snowflake, a mental image of being superior because they are special, and an entitlement to complain.

Its probably because deep down they know they don't really need to sub, and claim the above to justify paying for nothing when hordes of people playing swtor don't have to..

Just pass on the message next time you meet someone unhappy, if you stop paying, and being a white knight therefore expecting to be treated like a snowflake.. guess what.. you don't expect your every little snowflake wish to be granted, and life will be better.

.. From the non strung up i pay hundreds a year for slaps crowd.. 4.0 was above and beyond anything that was expected. Really good stuff.

What forum people are really paying for when they subscribe is the mental image of being a special snowflake, a mental image of being superior because they are special, and an entitlement to complain.

Its probably because deep down they know they don't really need to sub, and claim the above to justify paying for nothing when hordes of people playing swtor don't have to..

Just pass on the message next time you meet someone unhappy, if you stop paying, and being a white knight therefore expecting to be treated like a snowflake.. guess what.. you don't expect your every little snowflake wish to be granted, and life will be better.

.. From the non strung up i pay hundreds a year for slaps crowd.. 4.0 was above and beyond anything that was expected. Really good stuff.

What? Wait, so those that subscribe are entitled babies and if they'd stop paying life would be better? And can you explain your last sentence? What's a slaps crowd?

Is there something in the water today?

For me, as all ppl here know, I have been ************* and moaning about the changes of KOTFE, but made a promise to stay and see if this game would be as bad as i thought.

The Lvl-sync was and is still my primary concern. Most of the ppl that really hate it left the game, as i was very ready to do. But I actually don't hate lvl-sync that much anymore because the Devs were Nice enough to give us Vets that are up to 20 or more levels higher that the Planetary base NPC's have our Datacrons and even let our old geared up Companions be good and strong, as they should be.

Ppl are ************* and moaning about their Companions being too powerful where before ppl complained that all of our Companions were too Weak.

Ppl just need to shut up now and get over it. All the ppl that i know here wanted good and strong companions. Now that we have that from things like Datacrons ppl are Crying about our Companions actually doing their Intended jobs.

If ppl don't like the way their Companions, then Don't Use Them.

What? Wait, so those that subscribe are entitled babies and if they'd stop paying life would be better? And can you explain your last sentence? What's a slaps crowd?

Is there something in the water today?

No, it's just you.

HTH, HAND.

EDITED for clarity.

It's not just Negative people. There are also:

Introverts. Those hating change. Those wanting things easy. Technophobes. Emotion driven.

Others have been trying to get people with the above traits to stop being who they are... for millenia now... with no luck.

I fit in most of the above categories, and I can tell you, I totally behave the same, face to face.

Anyways, I'm off to complain about the rain...

Edited by DalrisThane

Negative people. Introverts. Those hating change. Those wanting things easy. Technophobes. Emotion driven.

People have been trying to get the above to stop being who they are... for millenia now... with no luck.

I fit in most of the above categories, and I can tell you, I totally behave the same, face to face.

Anyways, I'm off to complain about the rain...

I don't know what being an introvert has to do with it. I am one and I'm considered pretty positive. Being an introvert just means you are more stressed out around people and need to take a breather occasionally.

I don't know what being an introvert has to do with it. I am one and I'm considered pretty positive. Being an introvert just means you are more stressed out around people and need to take a breather occasionally.

Sorry. My fault. Totally was unclear.

None of the above are linked. Being a emotion driven person has nothing to do with being a technophobe. Being introvert has nothing to do with being negative. I'm just quoting all the personality traits that some people want GONE including being negative.

And my point, which was obviously lost, sorry again, was that those traits are what some people are / choose to be, and no matter how many "WHY do people behave like {insert word from list}?" is said... it's really never going to change... (Edited my post for clarity)

Edited by DalrisThane

Or if you don't agree with something you must think that everything is "perfect" in this game.

Yeah, all those bug reports and my detailed posting I made about some of the artifact item recipes likely being wrong means I think everything is, what was that snide little phrase on another thread? Something about puppies and rainbows?

:rolleyes:

What are you talking about mate? Puppies and rainbows?

You missed the point I was trying to make :)

• 7 months later...

Don't do this man. Don't blame anonymity for the failings of humans and each individual's nature.

Here's a song by Christina Perri "I'm only human"

and lyrics in spoiler tags

CHRISTINA PERRI LYRICS

"Human"

I can hold my breath

I can bite my tongue

I can stay awake for days

If that's what you want

Be your number one

I can fake a smile

I can force a laugh

I can dance and play the part

If that's what you ask

Give you all I am

I can do it

I can do it

I can do it

But I'm only human

And I bleed when I fall down

I'm only human

And I crash and I break down

Your words in my head, knives in my heart

You build me up and then I fall apart

'Cause I'm only human

I can turn it on

Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of worlds

If that's what you need

Be your everything

I can do it

I can do it

I'll get through it

But I'm only human

I'm only human

'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human

I'm only human

Just a little human

I can take so much

'Til I've had enough

'Cause I'm only human

I'm only human

'Cause I'm only human

----

Also this is Star Wars, the Skywalker story is that of redemption. "There's still good in him" You aught to be giving your fellow players in the community a chance to redeem themselves.

Gray Jedi's have finally been given screen time in Star Wars Rebels computer animated tv series

Here's the unoffiical Gray Jedi Code

Gray Jedi Code

There is no Dark Side, nor a Light Side

There is Only the Force

I will do what I must to keep the balance

The balance is what keeps me together

There is no good without evil, but evil must not be allowed to flourish

There is passion, Yet emotion

Serenity, Yet peace

Chaos, Yet order

I am the wielder of the flame, the protector of balance

I am the holder of the torch, lighting the way

I am the keeper of the flame, soldier of balance

I am a guardian of balance

I am a Gray Jedi

Edited by Falensawino

Its always much more easier to be mean than polite :)

To help you have to have time and patinece. Its easier to just troll someone.

This is true, sadly. I think part of why people are so mean too, is the anonymity. It's different talking to someone in person, in real life. The internet makes it easy for people to be rude. :/

This might sound a bit odd for some of you, but the answer is quite simple:

If you are moving with the flow of the universe, you are happy.

If you are moving against the flow of the universe, you are unhappy.

Don't dismiss this easily. Take your time and ponder about it.

This is true, sadly. I think part of why people are so mean too, is the anonymity. It's different talking to someone in person, in real life. The internet makes it easy for people to be rude. :/

Funny that you mention this I was just thinking of the Cav's Fan who got fired for bashing steph curry's sister. I'm glad that at least sometimes people get called out for the crap they post on the internet. Anonymity is a double edged sword that people love to abuse sadly.

Funny that you mention this I was just thinking of the Cav's Fan who got fired for bashing steph curry's sister. I'm glad that at least sometimes people get called out for the crap they post on the internet. Anonymity is a double edged sword that people love to abuse sadly.

That it is...thank God it seems like the interweb is finally beginning to crack down a bit.

The last one was used on a alien... eww...

I wouldn't even let Emperor Palpatine be hung from the same rope as a despicable alien.

Was it a Rodian? Because if it was, then I totally get it...who wants to die covered in Rodian wart juice right?

If you ever get close to a human and human behavior

Be ready, be ready to get confused and be in my head after

There's definitely, definitely, definitely no logic to human behavior

But yet so, yet so irresistible and me and my fear can

And there is no map uncertain