Is This Really What People Want??

havokhead

I'm an old-fashioned mmo player, I've been playing mmos for a long time. I'm also a Star Wars fan, Old Republic was a great mix of the two. That's why I'm here. But personally, I think this new direction of SWTOR is just a big mess. They keep saying "Oh ya, all players really want nowadays is more story, more epicness". Really!!??

Do you really want all of Bioware's resources tied up for months & months to partake in a stream-lined, cut scene infested story arc that can be finished in an afternoon? You don't want any new pvp content? No new operations? Yes I realize these things "may be coming in the near future" but in the meantime this new storyline content just has no re-playability at all. How many times are you willing to follow Lana the "Jedi-wannabe sith" through a swamp? I've been told that this is what players really want and I find it hard to believe.

I think you are all confused, you want to sit around for 6 months at a time waiting for an afternoon's entertainment. Then you don't want an mmo, you want a MOVIE!! And great news, there's a Star Wars movie coming out in 2 months!! I'll see you all there but in the meantime I'd like my mmo back because this is not a mmo PC game, this is an advanced version of a read-along book. I used to read those when I was like 7 yrs old. "If you want to jump over the puddle turn to page 63. If you want to go around the puddle instead, then turn to page 89." Either way you're on the other side of the puddle!! Congratulations you finished Chapter 1 - The Puddle, now please wait patiently for 6 more months as we move on to Chapter 2 - The Hill.

Come on people!!

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about anyone else here but I admit, yes. This is exactly what I want is more story telling than combat action. It's pretty much like watching a Swtor movie, that's what I love about it, how amazing it is how it draws you to the action where at the same time you're still getting action with the other npc.

I'm sure in time we will end up getting be operations flashpoints what not, but for now this is all I need.

Check the server population in one month and you will have the answer. When 80% of the servers are back on light all the time, this expansion was a failure since it did not bring back a healthy game population.

For sure you will have some players which are happy to get 1 hour of new content per month for 13€. But i doubt that player base is big enough to bring this game to a higher level.

Edited by Neglience

I'm an old-fashioned mmo player, I've been playing mmos for a long time. I'm also a Star Wars fan, Old Republic was a great mix of the two. That's why I'm here. But personally, I think this new direction of SWTOR is just a big mess. They keep saying "Oh ya, all players really want nowadays is more story, more epicness". Really!!??

Do you really want all of Bioware's resources tied up for months & months to partake in a stream-lined, cut scene infested story arc that can be finished in an afternoon? You don't want any new pvp content? No new operations? Yes I realize these things "may be coming in the near future" but in the meantime this new storyline content just has no re-playability at all. How many times are you willing to follow Lana the "Jedi-wannabe sith" through a swamp? I've been told that this is what players really want and I find it hard to believe.

I think you are all confused, you want to sit around for 6 months at a time waiting for an afternoon's entertainment. Then you don't want an mmo, you want a MOVIE!! And great news, there's a Star Wars movie coming out in 2 months!! I'll see you all there but in the meantime I'd like my mmo back because this is not a mmo PC game, this is an advanced version of a read-along book. I used to read those when I was like 7 yrs old. "If you want to jump over the puddle turn to page 63. If you want to go around the puddle instead, then turn to page 89." Either way you're on the other side of the puddle!! Congratulations you finished Chapter 1 - The Puddle, now please wait patiently for 6 more months as we move on to Chapter 2 - The Hill.

Come on people!!

You sir/madam are confused, you are taking what bw said and thinking they are correct when they are wrong. What players overwhelming said they wanted over the years was more story content ie the unique nuanced class stories as they were 1-50. What bw delivered under the guise of 'more story content you asked for' isn't what people asked for.

Just as the forced level sync is their version of the optional mentoring system people asked for.

Just as gsf pvp is their version of free flight space (pve) people asked for.

Just as the neutering of companion unique abilities and adding multi-role ability is their version of giving players a way to run with the companion they want.

It's exactly what I wanted.

PVP/Raids, group content, sucks in this game, and always has. The game engine SWTOR runs on has a lot to do with those activities I just listed, sucking.

Bioware would have been much better off just making KOTOR 3, for PS4/Xbox/PC. They would have made an absolute killing.

At some point Bioware will make another KOTOR, too much money to pass on.

Edited by jakeobione

As a mmo vet i will say this no... this is not what i wanted at all.

This expansion is the opposite of what i wanted. I wanted the redone ops to be back in their prime when even in story mode they would kick your butt and make you like it when instead what we got was the *********** wow lfr difficulty and people still die in there and call them to overtooned and want them nerfed...

I will say this if this game didn't have ammasing stories NOONE that even takes their mmo even remotely serious and wants even the most minimin of challenges would not of stuck around after they hit endgame.

All you gotta do is look at the top guilds and what happened to them? Most of their player base has left and moved on why you ask? Simple because their is nothing new to this that True mmo players want. No new endgame content other then 1 new flashpoint... ONE *********** FLASHPOINT oh that will keep people intertained until january when the next bit of story content. They have made the Ops a joke so yeah all the top end raiders are out. The PvP's HATE the new skills for PvP because they made alot of the already OP classes even more OP.

It was already hard enough to get away from a Powertech now you can't get away no matter what now they have their charge. Assassins oh i already used force speed but you are getting away HA TELEPORT *****.

This game is a joke to most MMO comminitys because if this didn't have starwars in the name NO ONE would be playing this game.

Come on people!!

Yes, mate. More story is exactly what I want. More of that and more customizations content such as the outfit designer and strongholds. I'm in it because it's Star Wars and because it has roleplaying elements, and when I don't enjoy the game story or craft I run a roleplaying guild.

meantime I'd like my mmo back because this is not a mmo PC game, this is an advanced version of a read-along book. I used to read those when I was like 7 yrs old. "If you want to jump over the puddle turn to page 63. If you want to go around the puddle instead, then turn to page 89."

Star Wars IS Story . . . that's the first step into understanding

CoD, CS those are your Pals . . . and after noon entertainment

And so they put the RPG back in the mmo rpg, sure you're pissed off, and somewhat in the dark, clueless, bewildered

But read again; - Star Wars IS Story . . . that's the first step into understanding

This is indeed what I wanted. I love having story be front-and-center in my games, I like how the level-sync'd Heroics seem to be filling in the role of the old Daily Areas, and I like that all Ops are now available at max-level so that I have more variety there too.

I will be happy to see a new Op or WZ when one is released, but I consider both raids and PVP to be secondary to the core experience I'm personally looking for from this game - basically side games that I'm happy to see expanded, but not something I'm upset about not seeing more of.

My only gripes about 4.0 have been the bugs (Early Access = Public Beta was anticipated by a number of people, and I think it's a fair criticism), the odd design choice of removing some achievements and archiving others (instead of just archiving them all), and the way new companions are not customizable with gear. On balance, I'm finding the good far, far outweighing the bad for me.

But I can certainly understand why someone who was playing for the more traditional MMO aspects would be disappointed with this direction. I hope that you either find you enjoy this reoriented game in a new light or you find another game out there that gives you what you're looking for in a video game - there are plenty of MMOs that still focus on raiding, pvp, or other repeatable group content and it seems like each month more are adding F2P modes, so you should at least have some options to freely explore and try to find a better fit.

Edited by DarthDymond

As a mmo vet i will say this no... this is not what i wanted at all.

This expansion is the opposite of what i wanted. I wanted the redone ops to be back in their prime when even in story mode they would kick your butt and make you like it when instead what we got was the *********** wow lfr difficulty and people still die in there and call them to overtooned and want them nerfed...

Go back to killing Wildstar with this "unly exclusive elite raiders allowed".

If people want a more traditional MMO experience with actual FUN , and engaging combat. Wildstar went F2P, it's F2P model is also pretty darn good.
And it went F2P cause raiders can't sustain even mid-tier MMOs anymore. Edited by Pietrastor

I for one am thoroughly enjoying myself. I like almost everything about the xpac. The story is awesome, the changes to the heroics are awesome, changes to harvesting are awesome, changes to companion missions are awesome...so many QOL improvements that make the game less tedious...and I have much more to do now.

My only 2 gripes are the absence of customization on all the new companions, and companions in general being ridiculously overpowered. On the plus side to that, when I get around to leveling my healer at least it won't take forever to kill everything :)

Well, just my opinion, the story is good, there is no conflict between story and raiding, we now have 3 and a half xs more ops, rescaled but it really really had to be done ( what a waste EC was ) 3 new tiers of gear, 1 tied to nim ( good one ), so even if you finish story in an afternoon ( wow i take like an hour ) you have a ton of, for now, hard fps..

I dont understand what you are upset about, new operations?

Im sure there will be in the near future but i have lots of toons to lvl up and gear up so no rush for me.

Swtor combat tedious? Give me a ****** break.

I just want my single player series back and have them make a new KOTOR RPG every few years....

The day they decided to turn KOTOR into an MMO was about as stupid as turning elder scrolls into one.

I with they would stop jacking our single player games.

Edited by DirtyDiggler