Why I Think KotFE Ruined SWTOR

Swissbob

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only hope they do what us older guys call "a Dallas." In that show they did a couple of really crap seasons where key characters were killed off etc, and everyone started to hate it. So they just did a shower scene where the woman is in the shower, the curtain draws back, it's her dead husband and ta da - it was all a dream, rewind and start again.

Probably the worst retcon in television history.

There's only a few things I liked from KOTFE. First, cutscene camera work. It actually moves! Well it did slightly with the beginning of SoR, but this was an improvement.

Second, the Alliance. I felt this should have been aimed for the Republic or war vets, non-Imperial. Instead of Zakuul ever showing up, the Sith Empire should have surprised everyone, wiping out most of the Jedi and the Republic and taking full control of the galaxy. Isn't Star Wars about good vs evil? How could the great Sith Empire let this happen?

I have yet to play KOTFE... so I have no clue what to expect. I don't want to spoil myself by sticking my nose too much in this thread, but I'd like to share my thoughts regarding the expansion.

I hear a lot of people saying that the story is good. I'm inclined to believe them, but honeslty ? I feel that peple wanted the continuation of their class story because they all got attached to their char and were curious about how their personal story would continue. What will happen to the SI after he/she is a member of the council. What kind of life will the SW live as the wrath of the emperor and so son. I think you get it.

Instead we got one story for all classes from the first Makeb expansion. And it's a real shame because class stories is what made this game great, and the class stories are still the strongest point of SWTOR.

I'm pretty sure this was a budget issue... :( 8 stories means more $$$$. Not sure the publisher liked the idea.

I know this is an oldish thread but.. I had to say I read the whole thing and I agree entirely. Heartbreakingly. I am so, so disappointed and upset with KotFE, mostly for the reasons you outline. It's validating to know I'm not the only one :(

one thing to consider. ...the emp doesn't care for anything. ..all of these actions are language. ..for some reason involving your character. ..i'm betting bioware has a couple approaches to this. ..different outcomes depending on how the narrative is manipulated. .could just be a lesson of force balance. .i suspect the family theme hasn't fully developed either

Instead we got one story for all classes from the first Makeb expansion. And it's a real shame because class stories is what made this game great, and the class stories are still the strongest point of SWTOR.

At least the Makeb expansion had two different stories for Republic / Empire, and a number of minor nods to your individual class.

I brought all of my alts through Makeb. Many of them through SoR. Only two through KotFE chapter 9. Only one through chapter 10.

• 2 weeks later...

I Found your thread a very interesting read and have actually changed my opinion slightly on the game as a result.

However a point on the story's side is that the whole point of the jedi vs sith is that they are both weakened by their failure to accept each other's use of the force and neither can ever win over the other permanently which is why we always see one get bigger and mostly crush the other before it reforms and fights back, the two sides are in an eternal struggle. Therefore I personally find it very plausible that a faction that uses the force in a way between the two does stand a chance to beat both.

Rest of the expansion is pretty dumb especially with the emperor (personally I just tell myself that its a different guy)

p.s. First thread response sorry if its badly done

Well, I may have already commented, but I would say this at this point.

I still feel that KotFE was a good move for the game overall, though it certainly has some weaknesses that look like they are going to remain in place.

I was not happy with some of the most recent crafting changes, however, and that coupled with a lack of fixes for planetary heroics caused me to decide to cancel my sub for a while.

I expect I will return, but for now I'm going to take a break.

KotFE is a Natural story progression PERIOD!

The Galaxy hve been invaded from outside Power several times, and will be POST episode 7, most likely we will not see it in episode 9 either, BUT, a species known as Yuuzang Wong a lizzard like force immune? alien With super technonlogy and biological ships WILL invade the Galaxy, and what is left of the sith/empire as well the New Republic and the New jedi order, will all struggle and more or less fall. it is a Wheel that turns.

Post KOTOR, about 1000 years the SITH had all but destroyed the jedi order and conquered more or less the entire known Galaxy, in fact the jedi order were in worse Straits then, then they were in episode 4 a New hope.

This sia repeating story, and the Eternal Empire, is one such turn of the Wheel, however the eternal empire is also something else........-winks-

kotfe carebeared the game so badly that there are no challenges and no exciting rewards while lvling. the class stories, heroics, flashpoints, environment are pointless to do. there is no epic feeling any more. even the casuals i know either left or losing interest.. Edited by DarkJediMage

Hi, I am a casual. You now know me, so you can never say that again.

The G18 is by far one of the most OP pistols I have ever seen in this franchise, and its a wonder how its escaped a nerf for this long and still remains the dominant secondary.

The incredibly low TTK along with the virtually ZERO skill gap that favors a pray and spray mentality is insane. Due to the fact its a secondary, it makes ALL of the other pistols useless other than the shorty, deagle, and 44, and even then, in most situations it still trumps these pistols. It is the ONLY pistol to be fully automatic, and on top of that it features a outstanding 900 ROF, having a higher TTK than most primaries within a close range, which you will usually use secondary's in.

Nerf the g18s ROF by a wide margin enough so that the TTK is more in line with the other pistols.

The G18 is by far one of the most OP pistols I have ever seen in this franchise, and its a wonder how its escaped a nerf for this long and still remains the dominant secondary.

The incredibly low TTK along with the virtually ZERO skill gap that favors a pray and spray mentality is insane. Due to the fact its a secondary, it makes ALL of the other pistols useless other than the shorty, deagle, and 44, and even then, in most situations it still trumps these pistols. It is the ONLY pistol to be fully automatic, and on top of that it features a outstanding 900 ROF, having a higher TTK than most primaries within a close range, which you will usually use secondary's in.

Nerf the g18s ROF by a wide margin enough so that the TTK is more in line with the other pistols.

Uh...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.