Problem with companion conversation chain with new Influence

Sir_Marhalt

Not sure this is a bug yet, but it is likely that it is. So wanted to ask here and see if other people were having similar issues.

My BH is 53 now. I have Rank 13 Influence with Skadge, yet he does not give me a conversation option. Other than the start mission of getting him on Balmora, and giving him all the weapon gifts I come across, I have had no conversations with him.

Now my Influence level is more than maxed under the old system - since rank 10 Influence equals the old Affection cap of 10000. And being level 53, I would think that he would have at least one conversation for me by now. Still have to finish the class quests - Voss and Corella.

I have read that others are having issues with their companion conversations seemingly not working right. Seems that something with the new Influence is messing with the conversation quests.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure this is a bug yet, but it is likely that it is. So wanted to ask here and see if other people were having similar issues.

My BH is 53 now. I have Rank 13 Influence with Skadge, yet he does not give me a conversation option. Other than the start mission of getting him on Balmora, and giving him all the weapon gifts I come across, I have had no conversations with him.

Now my Influence level is more than maxed under the old system - since rank 10 Influence equals the old Affection cap of 10000. And being level 53, I would think that he would have at least one conversation for me by now. Still have to finish the class quests - Voss and Corella.

I have read that others are having issues with their companion conversations seemingly not working right. Seems that something with the new Influence is messing with the conversation quests.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Thanks in advance.

All my conversations were unlocked on all my companions at level 55, regardless of influence level.

Edited by jakeobione

All my conversations where unlocked on all my companions at level 55, regardless of influence level.

Well if that is the case, and they are just giving us the Achievement and the bonus that goes with, for completing all of the companion's conversations, then ok.

I don't like missing out on that exp if that is the case. But then there is a ton of exp to be had anyways, so I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Guess I'll find out at 55.

Well if that is the case, and they are just giving us the Achievement and the bonus that goes with, for completing all of the companion's conversations, then ok.

I don't like missing out on that exp if that is the case. But then there is a ton of exp to be had anyways, so I suppose it really doesn't matter.

Guess I'll find out at 55.

You will still get EXP, I got a full level out of just talking to my companions in the ship once I hit 55 ,(55-56)

Convos now unlock based on story progression, not based on level OR influence. You could be level 60, but if you skipped all your story content to get there, you would still not be able to do any convos until you did story progression.

On another note, the XP DOES scale, however I have noted that quests where you have to go to this or that planet are currently only awarding non scaled experience. All of my quests for Kira for instance on my JK only awarded 6xp for the quest to go to Nar and Voss. All the other convo quests scaled.

• 1 month later...
yeap..the old symbol over their heads showing they want to talk is no longer there, so I just clicked on them & all's I get is the regular lines they say anywhere no "story like" conversation. Also no conversation in cantina either. use to when they were ready to talk to me I'd click on them & they would say stuff like "when you have time I need to talk to you" or "I need to talk to you but on the ship is better" and other stuff like that. I don't get any of it any more. so I don't even get to flirt with companions any more either....ha ha ha...not that I did much of that anyway....roflmao Edited by Cougaren

yeap..the old symbol over their heads showing they want to talk is no longer there, so I just clicked on them & all's I get is the regular lines they say anywhere no "story like" conversation. Also no conversation in cantina either. use to when they were ready to talk to me I'd click on them & they would say stuff like "when you have time I need to talk to you" or "I need to talk to you but on the ship is better" and other stuff like that. I don't get any of it any more. so I don't even get to flirt with companions any more either....ha ha ha...not that I did much of that anyway....roflmao

Strange. I just resubbed for a month and I am getting my characters out of mothballs and all the conversations were unlocked at 55 on my trooper. I already had 2 of the companions maxed under the old system, but the others worked (including Treek that I had only had the initial conversation with).

I don't know...maybe while I was doing my class quests I finished up all the "story line" of my companions conversations and didn't realized I reached the end. but I wouldn't have thought I would have though....../shrug

Check legacy unlocks, see if you got the ones for finishing conversations with the relevant companions.

well.....I give up.....I've hunted with each companion, farmed companion gifts till I'm almost broke & that was a ton I spent over 200k and still nothing........so I don't know......unless my companions are just bugged to the max I don't know what else to do.

well.....I give up.....I've hunted with each companion, farmed companion gifts till I'm almost broke & that was a ton I spent over 200k and still nothing........so I don't know......unless my companions are just bugged to the max I don't know what else to do.

It. Doesn't. Depend. On. Influence. !.

ok..on each of my toons there is only 1 companion that is 25/25 and the rest are like 5/25, 10/25, 15/25 ect ect...but the companions that aren't 25/25 they aren't speaking to me either.

Um, what.

It sounds like you're looking at some achievements tab, because I don't think there's anything like those numbers on the faction legacy unlocks tab (which is there you should be looking for the companion unlocks indicating you've completed their storylines). Switch to the Republic/Empire legacy unlocks tab (the one which lists your unlocked class emotes/buffs/heroic moment abilities and companions for each faction class), and check if you can see all your companion portraits in a row there. Those whose story has been completed have their portraits displayed, while those who still have conversations remaining are empty dark-gray squares.

Edited by Styxian

You mentioned that yu didn't finish Voss and Corellia class story yet and this is likely the problem. Companion conversations are only tied to your progress in the class story now. You need to finish Voss and Corellia and probably the last class story mission after Corellia as well to get all conversations.

You mentioned that yu didn't finish Voss and Corellia class story yet and this is likely the problem. Companion conversations are only tied to your progress in the class story now. You need to finish Voss and Corellia and probably the last class story mission after Corellia as well to get all conversations.

DING DING DING WINNER!

Doesnt matter what your influence level is anymore, just story progression.

Not sure if this bug is still around or not. There was a bug where in your quest journal you would have a blank mission. If you expand all your quests there was like a missing spot where you could expand it but there was no information. Selecting it usually showed some unknown message in the info. Once that was deleted it would fix companions not giving quests.