The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bioware, remove the PvP from the quest to get M1-4X.

NogueiraA

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you can turn them into Data Crystals, although the exchange rate's pretty bad. Lord knows that's what I'm going to do.

I haven't been able to bring myself to queue for warzones yet, but if 4.1 comes round with no indication a non-warzone option is coming, well... sorry to my teammates.

I hear you.. I am 5 into the quest.. No wins, been yelled at 4 times.. This is not fun in the slightest.. PVP'ers in my experience haven't always been the nicest of people.. :(

Edited by MajikMyst

All these little special rewars for each type of player is important to their base and would be equally upset having to let everyone have their hard work reward go to another faction of players who didnt want to do the original content for said reward. Treat M1 and Pierce like these rewards. As a show for your dedication or completion of cerain kind of content and respect other peoples playstyles and unique rewards.

I've no issue it's gated to PVP, I have issue with it being gated to just participating in PVP.

It should be set to an action in PVP that at least implies you participated ... kills, medals ... *shrug* anything other than just "showing up".

How, exactly, is this a relevant PvP reward?

How exactly was any of the Ranked rewards a relevant PVP reward? How exactly are the decorations only purchasable by pvp comms relevant PVP reward? Your question seems a little odd mate.

I've no issue it's gated to PVP, I have issue with it being gated to just participating in PVP.

It should be set to an action in PVP that at least implies you participated ... kills, medals ... *shrug* anything other than just "showing up".

This would be fine too. Though, people who are actually bad at PVP might end up having to que more than 20 matches if it was up to medals or such. I doubt they'd leave the requirement to 20 medals, but rather 100+.

Edited by Kiesu

Oh here we go, Gree event all over again...

This is different. I am doing this quest - and I feel guilty. Yes, guilty. This is because I go in with my scoundrel, spending most of the time cloaked and only popping out to heal people when my side can protect me. I am sure the real PvP'ers see someone like me in their Ops group and think, "O crap, here's another one."

The argument for having "another way for the sensitive players who dont want to do group content because people can be mean and stuff", is problematic in the sense that people who are ok with and want to do group content of this sort are constantly getting their rewards taken from them by players who are upset they cant obtain a reward they way they like playing.

You need to remember its an MMO and theres a million different types of players and its not uncommon for people of different playstyles to have visible rewards on their own for completing content of different kinds.

If you like completing solo PVE content you'll prolly farm all the achievements and titles that nobody who is not interested in them will never gain. A ranked pvp player will get their ranked reward cosmetics to show for their effort and interest in ranked PVP. The fans of old-school on rails space PVE players have titles and gear and reputation of their own to show off their completion of space PVE. NIM operation raiders have their NIM exclusive mounts and pets to show for completing operations on NIM mode.

All these little special rewars for each type of player is important to their base and would be equally upset having to let everyone have their hard work reward go to another faction of players who didnt want to do the original content for said reward. Treat M1 and Pierce like these rewards. As a show for your dedication or completion of cerain kind of content and respect other peoples playstyles and unique rewards.

I get what you're saying, but it's not quite the same thing...I have no issues, with people who raid or pvp to get something special or different. I'm ok with them getting special speeders/mounts or pets or whatever. That's all well and good, same with the raiders, let them have their special rewards, as you say, pvers can do achievements, but what's bothering me, is that I'm losing Forex and Pierce because they're behind a pvp barrier now, a change from the original. They were earned through story content and now they're taken away. I can't think of a similar metaphor for pvpers and raiders, because in this sense, we're all the same...those comps were earned through story. If they wanted to give a special pvp only friend to them, that only they can earn, that's fine, but don't take away ones we've already earned and have gotten used to having. :/

I just abandoned the mission to get M1-4X because of the PvP stuff. I don't enjoy competitive multiplayer gaming in the slightest, and the constant yelling from the full-time PvPers gets old fast. Plus, like Brayla mentioned, there's no way this is helpful (let alone welcome) to those guys, as it's just people who are there to tally up games. I have exactly zero anything with expertise rating, I'm just a pinata for the other team. Edited by Sprigget

I get what you're saying, but it's not quite the same thing...I have no issues, with people who raid or pvp to get something special or different. I'm ok with them getting special speeders/mounts or pets or whatever. That's all well and good, same with the raiders, let them have their special rewards, as you say, pvers can do achievements, but what's bothering me, is that I'm losing Forex and Pierce because they're behind a pvp barrier now, a change from the original. They were earned through story content and now they're taken away. I can't think of a similar metaphor for pvpers and raiders, because in this sense, we're all the same...those comps were earned through story. If they wanted to give a special pvp only friend to them, that only they can earn, that's fine, but don't take away ones we've already earned and have gotten used to having. :/

No they haven't. The Warrior and Trooper can get their companions back and bypass the PvP requirement, its only the six classes who never had either of them to begin with that have to PvP to get them.

The requirements are fine as is.

People! Use some of that orange adaptive gear you have in your bank and fill them with anything less than item level 172 mods in it. This will bolster you to 2018. Go in, and just pretend you are doing nightmare mode ops with very VERY mobile monsters.

-Do one WZ a day, it will be easier on your nerves. Trying to do it all in one day will create more post like this.

-Ignore ragers. (Most of the chat ragers are bad anyway)

-Focus objectives

-Focus marked players

-Fight on objectives

Seriously. Bads mad cuz bad. JUST DO IT. Kappa.

Edited by Tharenisis

I hear you.. I am 5 into the quest.. No wins, been yelled at 4 times.. This is not fun in the slightest.. PVP'ers in my experience haven't always been the nicest of people.. :(

Given that 99% of the game is gated behind PVE, what's the problem here ?

There are numerous cosmetic items I quite fancy, but will never get, because they are gated behind PVE.

I would quite like Senya as a companion for my main, but since he will never do KotFE, I can't get her, can we change that please?

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Turn off chat. That's what I did. And then I went in and blew stuff up with my Engineer specced Sniper. Only won maybe three matches, but other than the maps that have the "three rounds no resurrecting until the round is over" thing going on, I generally placed somewhere in the middle with kills and damage. Considering I never PvP'ed in this game before, I felt I did pretty good.

Not that I plan on doing it again. It's just not my cup of tea *shrugs*

But I have a set of Basic PvP gear now just in case Vector Hyllus is gated behind a PvP wall.

Because if that's the case, IT IS ON!

And now, to punish Pierce for being behind a PvP wall, I use him as my healer. Hey, it's better than paperwork, right, big boy? :D

Edited by AngFour

The requirements are fine as is.

People! Use some of that orange adaptive gear you have in your bank and fill them with anything less than item level 172 mods in it. This will bolster you to 2018. Go in, and just pretend you are doing nightmare mode ops with very VERY mobile monsters.

-Do one WZ a day, it will be easier on your nerves. Trying to do it all in one day will create more post like this.

-Ignore ragers. (Most of the chat ragers are bad anyway)

-Focus objectives

-Focus marked players

-Fight on objectives

Seriously. Bads mad cuz bad. JUST DO IT. Kappa.

Or some players, you know, just don't like PvP no matter how they're geared, no matter if they're winning or not, and no matter what the reward is.

Those players can skip the quest. It isn't required to continue, they aren't 'forced' to PvP.

You do not have the right to make that call.. 4X was originally got by doing a PVE quest.. It is retarded to take him away and demand we PVP to get him back..

How about your stick to the facts and keep your views about how others should play the game to yourself..

Nobody forces you to post here.. Nobody asked for or wanted your opinion.. What is the difference?? ;)

You do not have the right to make that call.. 4X was originally got by doing a PVE quest.. It is retarded to take him away and demand we PVP to get him back..

How about your stick to the facts and keep your views about how others should play the game to yourself..

Nobody forces you to post here.. Nobody asked for or wanted your opinion.. What is the difference?? ;)

You do not have to PVP to "get him back". You only have to PVP if you did not have him in the first place, ie, not a Trooper, come on, if you are going to argue, at least get the facts right.

Except the people who they actually took them away from can get them back without PvPing. Your point is invalid. You are the way twisting facts and dictionary definitions to suit your purposes not me. Your right, I'm not forced to post here, but like I chose to PvP to get Pierce I choose to post here because I disagree with this nonsense you keep spouting about 'forced' pvp which is about as true as the sky being neon pink.

Also the fact of the matter is, everything I said is true. its not a call I have a right to make, its just the truth, just because YOU WANT to get them does mean you HAVE to get them to continue. Its as simple as that, the fact you keep railing against it when its been explained to you time and time again just makes you look like a colossal idiot.

Edited by Billupsat

You do not have to PVP to "get him back". You only have to PVP if you did not have him in the first place, ie, not a Trooper, come on, if you are going to argue, at least get the facts right.

MajikMyst couldn't get facts or arguments right if he paid someone to do it for him.

Or some players, you know, just don't like PvP no matter how they're geared, no matter if they're winning or not, and no matter what the reward is.

Well then they don't really get that companion. I was providing suggestions to help make the process easier.

As usual Max, your logic is flawed.

Hint: Doesn't matter if it's a PvE centered game.

Wow. I am in awe of this thread and the demands made within. Every day I visit these forums I come away thinking I've seen the worst in childish impetuousness the internet has to offer....and every day I come away impressed that the bar has now been set higher (lower?).

I want it but I don't want to do something I don't like for it!

But I waaaaaaaaaaaant it!!!! *stamps feet*

Edited by RavageXX

Wow. I am in awe of this thread and the demands made within. Every day I visit these forums I come away thinking I've seen the worst in childish impetuousness the internet has to offer....and every day I come away impressed that the bar has now been set higher (lower?).

I want it but I don't want to do something I don't like for it!

But I waaaaaaaaaaaant it!!!! *stamps feet*

Thats really the only argument most of these people have...

I'm confused as to why people feel that because they log into a game they should be entitled everything contained within as long as it falls under the category of activities they enjoy doing.

It's 20 warzones for what? A companion? 2? You want it so badly that you think it's going to ruin/break the story/game for you....but you don't want it bad enough to complete the required > 20 warzones?

I am really at a loss here.

I want some really cool mounts, crazy looking armour sets, the highest item level gear. However, I don't want to dump truckloads of real money into the game (or more than I have already), grind for hours/weeks, or do any OPs or generally jump through hoops for some of the more crazy stuff that has silly requirements. Therefore, I understand, a lot of stuff.. I simply won't get... not because it's unfair, but because I'm unwilling to meet the criteria. I wouldn't ever consider demanding that the game be changed based on that principle alone.

Man, talk about laziness and selfishness.

Edited by RavageXX

Hmm I've never done any Warzone in SWTOR so:

- Can you queue for the Warzone naked and use dance emote inside?

- How long does a Warzone last?

- Can you queue as full group ? I'm thinking it would be the best solution for PvE players who just want in for the companion. A full team of naked dancing players. Then everybody is happy. Nobody in team to complain, and the opposite team gets easy points. Do it 20 times and done.

Edited by Elysith

Not very big into the PvP aspect of the game. I am very casual about the game in general. I enjoy PvP at times, but it is rare. I don' t have the gear for it. The quest to get 4X is a small annoyance, but this doesn't really bother me all that much. It's as bad as all the platforming for datacrons. I'll do it, just to do it, but chances are, not going to be very good at it. So, if the game designers want to force some PvP for some aspects, OK. People are just going to have to expect that there will probably be someone in a WZ who is not all that good at PvP.

The only time PvP really gets to me, is getting constantly ganked while trying to complete a quest. You're in a fight with a mob and someone decides, I'm gonna gank this guy because I can. That is the only aspect about it that really annoys me.

I'll be in your warzones this week in heal spec healing myself and extricating any PVPer who complains about my lack of PVP gear away from objectives and into groups of enemies, and you will like it.

Anyways - options for all companions to allow both sides to progress their Alliance doing things they enjoy would be the best way to go about it - such that on a PVP character one could do Warzones to gain influence and collect Alliance lock boxes while on a PVE character one could do PVE missions.

Also - it makes zero sense that these two companions have a PVP bypass for valor, none of the PVE ones have a bypass for previously doing PVE content. - try telling Qyzen you already killed every world boss a dozen times and see if he joins your Alliance.

Edited by DawnAskham

Hmm I've never done any Warzone in SWTOR so:

- Can you queue for the Warzone naked and use dance emote inside?

- How long does a Warzone last?

- Can you queue as full group ? I'm thinking it would be the best solution for PvE players who just want in for the companion. A full team of naked dancing players. Then everybody is happy. Nobody in team to complain, and the opposite team gets easy points. Do it 20 times and done.

-You can, expect a ton of laughs both from you and your team. Except if you land into a "Serious" one. Then they'll insult you. And you'll be the only one to laugh. Just make a small effort during Arena-type matches, it's short anyway.

-Really depends on the mode, but from my own experience grinding those damned 20 WZs, I'd say anywhere between 5 to 15 minutes. It can go up to 20 I think, but it's rare.

-I don't think you can queue as on Ops group (8 persons) so you can't fill up all spots of a single Warzones. PvPers can correct me. However, you can group with three other people and "lock" four spots in your team, which in most modes mean half of the team and in Arenas, the whole team.

EDIT: And now for something completely different (Not related to the quoted post): Are PvP Cosmetic rewards bound to Legacy or to character? If they are Legacy bound, can a player who has unlocked the achievement for his specific faction (Make a different one for classes that pick them up for free) "unlock" a new item to bypass the quest on subsequent character? Name it "Signed reasignement order" and make it BoP, collected from Legacy. Done. The character still requires 20 WZs (Or Valor 40) but only once per faction.

Edited by Leklor