Sorc with jump teleport after 4.0 = end of pvp swtor

TonyDragonflame

Uhhhhhh, lol

I notice you don't have a Sage listed in your sig...

Of course, it's always ez to cry about a class that you dont play.

Just ends warzone where 2 sorcs with teleport and bubble stun easy kite and kill 3-5 others classes... ahahaha. Was impossible to kill them.

I think it was my mistake re-sub before 4.0. Pvp became ever worse than in times of 1.0

I hate to be "that guy", but... Could be a l2p issue. Not necessarily on your part, maybe on your teammates' part, but a l2p issue nonetheless. Haven't really seen anything like this myself, thusfar. Edited by Giliodor

Just ends warzone where 2 sorcs with teleport and bubble stun easy kite and kill 3-5 others classes... ahahaha. Was impossible to kill them.

I think it was my mistake re-sub before 4.0. Pvp became ever worse than in times of 1.0

Gonna be honest, I had the most fun in pvp last night that I've had in a long while.

As a Guardian, not a sorc :p

Edited by Vember

Last night in mids the toons with speed boosts were flying around so crapping fast it was almost impossible to keep up with them. Speed boosts have always made it a challenge, but this was just plain stupid. Far worse than it has ever been.

Does Bio have an actual , I dunno, PvP combat team that plays the game? It's also entirely possible, and I'm being serious, they're trying to phase out PvP and intentionally making things more unplayable or less enjoyable all the time. You know, without making it look like that's what they're doing.

Last night in mids the toons with speed boosts were flying around so crapping fast it was almost impossible to keep up with them. Speed boosts have always made it a challenge, but this was just plain stupid. Far worse than it has ever been.

Does Bio have an actual , I dunno, PvP combat team that plays the game? It's also entirely possible, and I'm being serious, they're trying to phase out PvP and intentionally making things more unplayable or less enjoyable all the time. You know, without making it look like that's what they're doing.

well doing 3.5kdps and 4.0khps as a sorc must be enjoyable. So at least some portion of the players is pleased. Trololol

Gonna be honest, I had the most fun in pvp last night that I've had in a long while.

As a Guardian, not a sorc :p

ive been having a blast with pvp on my powertech (not high enough level to get those 23k crits ive been hearing about). the addition of jet charge for the other 2 specs has made the powertech class, imo, just more fun to play. even if they get nerfed i see myself playing on my pt a lot more.

The answer is no they don't... At least not anymore...

All the changes were made to increase the enjoyment of the story players... The speed boosts extra are there so they can move through content faster and it's not such a grind for them...

Pvp balance doesn't fit into that game model...

You thought we had balance issues before that were never fixed... The new balance system will work like this -

Story - pve (ops) - pvp

It always took a long time before to get them to address balance for pvp over pve... pve had always come first, now story will and I think we'll be lucky if the balance doesn't get any worse in the future, let alone get fixed...

The teleport isn't really that OP, but I have to admit I had a blast healing on sorc tonight. It felt more challenging to survive, with everything so fast paced and 25 seconds on force speed... but holy batwoman, phase walk was so much fun on sorc! Grouped with another sorc, and we frequently took on 4 players at a time... of course I was the main focus, and constantly phase walking to health, soo nice.

+1 bioware, you really outdid yourselves this time. LONG LIVE THE SORC!

well doing 3.5kdps and 4.0khps as a sorc must be enjoyable. So at least some portion of the players is pleased. Trololol

You're just a troll that always has something negative to say about sorcs. Your agenda isn't really that hidden, y'know...

You're just a troll that always has something negative to say about sorcs. Your agenda isn't really that hidden, y'know...

it's not really negative, it's just a fact, I have a sorc and sage as well and I play them a lot. That's why there's trololol at the end there :)

Edited by power-alex

The teleport isn't really that OP, but I have to admit I had a blast healing on sorc tonight. It felt more challenging to survive, with everything so fast paced and 25 seconds on force speed... but holy batwoman, phase walk was so much fun on sorc! Grouped with another sorc, and we frequently took on 4 players at a time... of course I was the main focus, and constantly phase walking to health, soo nice.

+1 bioware, you really outdid yourselves this time. LONG LIVE THE SORC!

Basically whoever plays sorc is OP, gg :). Challenging to survive? you have phase walk to health (AS A HEALER!!) what more stupidity can bioware give this class.

Edited by -Healius-

GG bioware. You finally do it. RIP pvp.

I must say I find it hilarious if you are actually being serious that you are complaining about sorcs being overpowered a mere 4 days after the patch.

Sorc for the past 3 years have been woefully underpowered and a free kill by every other class especially sin/shadow and Marauder/Sent. Both of those classes/mirrors have been incredibly overpowered for nearly as long.

If sorc's are actually viable in pvp now I think they deserve it... at least for a little longer than 4 days.

Basically whoever plays sorc is OP, gg :). Challenging to survive? you have phase walk to health (AS A HEALER!!) what more stupidity can bioware give this class.

Can someone explain what "phasewalk to health" ability people are complaining about?

So, you can hit phasewalk, and then you have instant health after you portal away? I am lost on this I just read the utilities did I miss something? I don't see where it says after phasewalk, the sorc is isntantly healed to full...

Edited by Lhancelot

I must say I find it hilarious if you are actually being serious that you are complaining about sorcs being overpowered a mere 4 days after the patch.

Sorc for the past 3 years have been woefully underpowered and a free kill by every other class especially sin/shadow and Marauder/Sent. Both of those classes/mirrors have been incredibly overpowered for nearly as long.

If sorc's are actually viable in pvp now I think they deserve it... at least for a little longer than 4 days.

Are you seriously trying to say that sorc/sage was underpowered in 3.0? If you are then you have little if any credibility here. That said I don't think sorc's are as bad as they are made out in this thread. Phasewalk just needs to interrupt channels.

Can someone explain what "phasewalk to health" ability people are complaining about?

So, you can hit phasewalk, and then you have instant health after you portal away? I am lost on this I just read the utilities did I miss something? I don't see where it says after phasewalk, the sorc is isntantly healed to full...

I guess that they just phasewalk to the nearest health buff on the playing field ... Or that they phasewalk far away from the action, H2F, and then come back ...

I'm still trying to figure out what a "jump teleport" is so don't ask me. :jawa_tongue:

I like the teleport as an added mobility in a wz to quickly defend a node. That said I do think sorc healers probably didn't need it, I don't know if the OP is talking about dps which while pretty decent as far as survivability goes in regs, healers with teleport are incredible. On my sorc healer I ended up in a huttball game with another sorc healer and a tank. We held out with the ball standing right next to there endzone v 6ish for the entire time. Every time we would get knocked off we simply waited for them to jump down, then teleported back up and extricated the tank ball carrier back up. So much rage lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.