Level Sync needs an Off Button! : ).

Ryosa

Level sync is the best thing that has ever happened to this game. The whole galaxy is relevant and regardless of how high you are, you can do content wherever you please. I don't think I'll understand why some are still against this, now that they have seen it with their own eyes.

Totally agree!

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Optional huh, and what about the open world PvP portion of certain servers......stops gankers from steam rolling other players
except it doesn't.

and its a PvP server. why are people making characters on PvP servers if they don't want to be attacked by anyone at anytime. its literally the ONLY REASON to play on a PvP server.

Please add an option to turn off the Level Sync feature.

So many people are unhappy with this. I can understand if someone chooses to revisit old content and wants to level on said planet, but it should be exactly that.. a ( choice ). Forcing this on us is the first time I've considered leaving the game. In a sense it's like taking away my right to the levels I've earned and the time I've spent. There

have been several posts about the negative effects and I have one more to add....

Devs please read this...

1. Supposedly helps even out pvp ( LOL )

When you level sync your at the top lvl for that planet and you retain all special and passive abilities for your

character, which means if there's actually a low level player working through quests your going to destroy him in pvp, which solves nothing and does not add any balance. Prior to this change if a player was really being harassed, I at level 60 could go to that planet and watch his back for a while so he could finish questing and it was actually a cool part of the community that is being taken away. Just add an OFF SWITCH.

And why cant that "Cool" level 60 still do that. He obviously would still be superior to the protectee, and would be on equal footing still to the aggressor. I mean if a level 60 v 60 was a fair fight before level sync then why wouldn't it be after?

See funny thing is everyone really trying to come up with reasons why its a bad idea. Because its not a bad idea in any way shape or form. However I do agree that you should make it optional. But the option should be do you want to do ANYTHING on the planet at all or not.

I mean if you really just want to go and chill on taris for whatever reason as a level 65 I don't really give a ****. But I think if you choose not to level sync then you should be precluded from any activity on the planet at all accept traveling. No teams, no quests of any type, no pvp. Absolutely nothing. Then if you wanted to join a quest you can accept a level sync and go on your way. But you shouldn't be able to get gains with nothing risked. And I know in this stupidly easy game now in V 4.0 that saying risk at all is kind of stupid being that its so incredibly easy, but that doesn't mean you should be able to make a gain off a -30 level enemy.

*smiles and nods at thread* :) There's no point in making long thought out posts anymore because "those guys" will just nitpick anything you say in support of anything, apart. So you guys continue bickering about it. Whatever..

You sire, are an *****

Level sync SHOULD be optional! I've played through several heroics, its nice to play them now, but if I'm fighting one group, then they rifle butt me and I get knocked into another then I DIE! :mad:

I like that I can level up sure. But then I get Nerfed and whats the point!

Honestly I have mixed feelings for the level sync. I don't like how when we get to planets were instantly lowered. I would have honestly preferred a level sync system like FFXIV, that I don't mind. for those who play FFXIV you know what I'm talking about where your level is only sync when helping others with their main quests or dungeons (their version of Flashpoints) etc. But when were just roaming from planet to planet we don't need to get our stats lowered that half of us work so hard on. Just my opinion nobody come at me like hippies to weed plz :D

You roll over mobs anyway, you just don't do it with single hit, so no farming and no bots.

Lowbies aren't a mere insects and can actually a gank up on you and chase you away.

There is no downside to level scaling unless you're lowbie griefer or gold farmer.

Level sync DESTROYS the ability to kill the Epic Enemies/World Bosses. A great example is SD-0 on Coruscant. Your lvl is shoved down to about 18. SD-0 hits that level for about 45000 hp's in one hit. One hit--DEAD. Even if you had the Biblical proportion miracle of forming a full group, you're still done in 45 seconds. If they won't change it, then give us the codex for finding it and being killed by it....that's still doable. LOL...if it was actually funny.

Edited by CountMarcus
misspell/autocorrect

They reworked every planetary heroic in the game with appropriate currency/credit rewards...giving people the opportunity to turn off level sync would completely invalidate that whole process. Even with level sync, I'm still annihilating everything so I don't see why people are having such an issue with this.

They have to now rework the Epic Enemies/World Bosses. They are mathematically impossible right now. I mentioned it before...but an example is Coruscant's SD-0. You are shoved down to lvl 18 and take about 45000 hit points of damage in one hit at that level. One hit--DEAD. Even with the impossible dream of forming a full group...it's over in 45 seconds. If they won't change it, then give us the codex for finding it and being killed by it. That's still doable...sadly sarcastic LOL.

Edited by CountMarcus
autocorrect

heroic/ world boss mobs need to be reworked for sure, spending many hours trying to put together a group to take on one mob is a massive time sink.

the idea of leveling is to become stronger, making everything sync says it was pointless to try to become stronger because as much as you progress you will remain at a set level.

Please add an option to turn off the Level Sync feature.

So many people are unhappy with this. I can understand if someone chooses to revisit old content and wants to level on said planet, but it should be exactly that.. a ( choice ). Forcing this on us is the first time I've considered leaving the game. In a sense it's like taking away my right to the levels I've earned and the time I've spent. There

have been several posts about the negative effects and I have one more to add....

Devs please read this...

1. Supposedly helps even out pvp ( LOL )

When you level sync your at the top lvl for that planet and you retain all special and passive abilities for your

character, which means if there's actually a low level player working through quests your going to destroy him in pvp, which solves nothing and does not add any balance. Prior to this change if a player was really being harassed, I at level 60 could go to that planet and watch his back for a while so he could finish questing and it was actually a cool part of the community that is being taken away. Just add an OFF SWITCH.

I hate to break it to you, but more like it then those who do not. Secondly its all integrated into every planet and built in with every new quest. Its not changing whether you like it or not.

They have to now rework the Epic Enemies/World Bosses. They are mathematically impossible right now. I mentioned it before...but an example is Coruscant's SD-0. You are shoved down to lvl 18 and take about 45000 hit points of damage in one hit at that level. One hit--DEAD. Even with the impossible dream of forming a full group...it's over in 45 seconds. If they won't change it, then give us the codex for finding it and being killed by it. That's still doable...sadly sarcastic LOL.

Hmm... so you did the math? Or are you being sarcastic?

I must be using that new math because all the world bosses have been easy and manageable. And yes, I've done them all as part of a quest. SD-0? Yeah, you have to know how the mechanic works. Yes, there is a targeting mechanic you can easily get past. Look it up. If you don't, he will one shot you, as it should be.

heroic/ world boss mobs need to be reworked for sure, spending many hours trying to put together a group to take on one mob is a massive time sink.

the idea of leveling is to become stronger, making everything sync says it was pointless to try to become stronger because as much as you progress you will remain at a set level.

Many hours? Lol. Took us about 20 mins to get a group that ran 6 WBs. Are you waiting for people to come by your location or something?

Didn't get your last point. It useless to progress because you can't be invulnerable on lower planets? So, it is useless to level into new content?

Hmm... so you did the math? Or are you being sarcastic?

I must be using that new math because all the world bosses have been easy and manageable. And yes, I've done them all as part of a quest. SD-0? Yeah, you have to know how the mechanic works. Yes, there is a targeting mechanic you can easily get past. Look it up. If you don't, he will one shot you, as it should be.

No...happened to us...but won't stop me from trying it again.

Many hours? Lol. Took us about 20 mins to get a group that ran 6 WBs. Are you waiting for people to come by your location or something?

Didn't get your last point. It useless to progress because you can't be invulnerable on lower planets? So, it is useless to level into new content?

This. WBs were highly popular until Bioware changed Priority Targets quest allowing overleveled 50s/55s/60s to solo them for Weekly, thus stealing most from lowbies. They were dead most of the time, people stopped bothering. Now they're back in favour, no one can solo-faceroll them, both lowbies and 60s/65s need them, groups are rolling Edited by Pietrastor

Exactamundo. You got it 100 percent right. This is the direction they are taking. Either you are on the train or off it and watch it go by.

I know that's not what people want to hear, but you either support something and stay if you like it. Or don't support it, leave if you dislike it and choose to do business elsewhere.

One of the few posts of yours I agree with.

I've got off the train, I hopped off at the station and have got onto another train that is going the direction I want to go. Sadly this train is going in the wrong direction.

However, I can still voice my concerns about the timetable and the direction of the train, in the hope that the service improves. If that isn't what you want to hear, may I suggest that you hop onto a different platform instead of trying to push others in the same direction you want to go?

I hate to break it to you, but more like it then those who do not. Secondly its all integrated into every planet and built in with every new quest. Its not changing whether you like it or not.
but to make everyone happy they can just add an off switch because then those who don't want it can turn it off and those who do can leave it on.

Level sync SHOULD be optional! I've played through several heroics, its nice to play them now, but if I'm fighting one group, then they rifle butt me and I get knocked into another then I DIE! :mad:

To be brutally honest, that sounds to me like a learn-to-play issue.

Like, as in, why are you standing in between two groups?

Or are you like the pair I saw one day about a month before KotFE went early-access? I was a Sin-26 come back to DK to flatten some heroics for comms. I was in the zone where Kreeg hangs out, and this pair asked me to join their group. OK, what the lleh, I can do this. They were a sorc-14 and a Mara-11 (although the mara levelled up to 12 during our adventure). We went around and about, and when we finished the one by the colossus (down in the valley under the bridge), we came up to hand it in, and they started a duel. Three times they did it, and three times the mara stood in between the sorc and the edge, and three times the sorc gave the mara a flying lesson, and three times he showed that maras can't fly. (OK, I wouldn't have been able to fly either, but I wouldn't have stood in between the sorc and the edge, not more than once anyway...) After the second time, I even told him not to stand in between the sorc and empty air, but he didn't get it.

Are you like that?

Level sync DESTROYS the ability to kill the Epic Enemies/World Bosses. A great example is SD-0 on Coruscant. Your lvl is shoved down to about 18. SD-0 hits that level for about 45000 hp's in one hit. One hit--DEAD. Even if you had the Biblical proportion miracle of forming a full group, you're still done in 45 seconds. If they won't change it, then give us the codex for finding it and being killed by it....that's still doable. LOL...if it was actually funny.

Is that the big huge droid in the marketplace? I joined a post-4.0 group the other day to do this. I was on my 64 commando in 190s with some but not all 208 augs, but the others in the group were sprinkled all the way down to level 20 or so. Whoever was tanking was not level 60+ because I ripped aggro multiple times, and each time I took survivable damage before the tank taunted it back.

So 45000 in one hit? Something's wrong there...

Is that the big huge droid in the marketplace? I joined a post-4.0 group the other day to do this. I was on my 64 commando in 190s with some but not all 208 augs, but the others in the group were sprinkled all the way down to level 20 or so. Whoever was tanking was not level 60+ because I ripped aggro multiple times, and each time I took survivable damage before the tank taunted it back.

So 45000 in one hit? Something's wrong there...

65 scoundrel scrapper in 190 with no augment with purple relics and implants (can't rememeber what rating) with a few other 60+ and various other levels down to around 20ish. We pretty much facerolled it.

Level sync is there so that devs can pipe new content and quests into the original areas. it's a good way to handle it - if you leave players at current level then they blow through it all, but then dropping high level npcs in the middle of a low level area isn't a good way to go either.

We're already seeing this with the Alliance alerts - in my opinion this plus future content plans are the real reason for level sync.

Edited by bigray