Level Sync needs an Off Button! : ).

Ryosa

• Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It really doesn't.

If you were responding to me care to actually make an argument? I can post the profits of various MMOs and histories of them (how they ebb and flow based on amount of content and timing of content releases etc). I can also show evidence of how games design and the chosen financial model are actually connecteed to support my argument.

Again though, all kf the above only matters if you were responding to me.

I know I am saying they could alter that to make it for lvl sync.

Do you mean something like how enemies are handled in Rakghoul event?

Level sync doesn't have any different modifiers for companion if you attack the WB: your companion gets feared for entire duration of fight.

Edited by Halinalle

First, Story: we are supposed to be liberating the old planets. It would make no sense for the story if the liberation of planets was a steamroll simply becuse you are level 65 and the target of you liberation is 40 levels lower than you. There would be no drama to the story.

We're liberating the planet by... clearing out the same batch of outlaws we did three years ago?

The goto 10 here is best left unscrutinized by story.

I think it is also offered so that the credits in the game are "slowed." What I mean is that a lvl 60 could roll through any content and not have a problem. No repair bill, easy credits, etc.

Now people have to play their class correctly (sometimes, rarely even still) and that slows people down.

Less credits means things are more expensive means CC is a better option :rak_03:

Doubtful. You don't farm credits on low or even mid tier planets and the lucrative dailes are barely affected.

Besides that, GTN whales are the same as before.

Forced level sync is good thing.

Why? World bosses. Group of low level characters are waiting for few more players so they can defeat the world boss. But there's also level 65 characters running around alone trying to find world boss to solo. Level 65 attacks the world boss before lowbie group and lowbies are forced to jump to another instance just find out that there's also level 65 soloing the world boss. And that's if there's multiple planet instances. With one instance they would have to wait a very long time before respawn.

Make them spawnable. Waiting hours for one to spawn is as antiquated a mechanic as any you could ask for. I might even make a concession for your anti-solo sentiment by making it impossible for an ungrouped player to summon it. Your move.

Well making it optional will be almost like removing it. When higher level will be doing heroics as synced and some not synced will either one shot him or kill all mob objectives faster then he will kill one of them. What do you think will happen?

I think level sync have several objectives and any of them will not work if you make it optional:

Balance world PvP on PvP servers (but i know it is lost already)

Balance doing heroics objectives for your alliance.

Balance doing World Bosses.

Dont steal kills from lowbies.

And? A good chunk of heroics are instanced so what does it matter?. If you must, cut out the Alliance boxes if someone enters a heroic unsynched. As for killing mobs, have you seen Coruscant, the area outside of Face Merchants? Devastating an area of mobs because people farm them is nothing new. You don't even need to one-shot. A higher level will generally snipe a mob faster than a lower level (assuming in general the higher level has more experience with the game) and once it's tagged, it may as well be dead to the lowbie. So no, forced sync doesn't do jack for mob scarcity.

It would be consequent to remove all mobs below level 50 that aren't at least bosses and all mobs below level 60 that aren't at least strong. The consequence is about the same as removing level sync and rather than providing a work around it deals with the problem: There are mobs in this game and they hinder you in doing what you're doing.

And? A good chunk of heroics are instanced so what does it matter?. If you must, cut out the Alliance boxes if someone enters a heroic unsynched. As for killing mobs, have you seen Coruscant, the area outside of Face Merchants? Devastating an area of mobs because people farm them is nothing new. You don't even need to one-shot. A higher level will generally snipe a mob faster than a lower level (assuming in general the higher level has more experience with the game) and once it's tagged, it may as well be dead to the lowbie. So no, forced sync doesn't do jack for mob scarcity.

So if you suggest that you can still kill mobs as fast as before level sync? Why it bothers you that you are synced down? ;)

Implementing a toggle isn't hard, many games already had them, if it was hard they wouldn't.. yes I am making an assumption, however its semi educated.

Out of curiosity, which MMO has toggle on/off level sync (or toggle on/off something which adjusts any stats)?

I think there is a easy solution for the level sync that would make both the likes and don't likes happy.................. have a server with no level sync ............ it would be very clear how popular or unpopular the sync is.... and both groups of player would be satisfied .....

We're liberating the planet by... clearing out the same batch of outlaws we did three years ago?

The goto 10 here is best left unscrutinized by story.

You miss my two part argument...going back to the old planet makes sense...going back to recycled level synced content doesn't. They did it this way because it was cheaper than creating a Rishi sized version of each old world.

I think there is a easy solution for the level sync that would make both the likes and don't likes happy.................. have a server with no level sync ............ it would be very clear how popular or unpopular the sync is.... and both groups of player would be satisfied .....

Unfortunately that server would not be able to have any of 4.0 on it either. The entire reason they had to do level sync, then spun it to be a feature, was so they could recycle the Heroics for content in 4.0. If they had actually made decent end game content to begin with then level sync would never have been necessary and they wouldn't have plagued us with it and PR spun it as a feature. But now that it's a prerequisite for their content, we're stuck with it and have no way out.

So if you suggest that you can still kill mobs as fast as before level sync? Why it bothers you that you are synced down? ;)

Kindly re-read my post.

Killing is irrelevant. I can tag mobs just as fast and that's all that matters in farming. Your level sync solved nothing in that respect. It solves nothing in any respect other than recycling old content for new grind. The annoyances of it however have been made clear enough by others.

You miss my two part argument...going back to the old planet makes sense...going back to recycled level synced content doesn't. They did it this way because it was cheaper than creating a Rishi sized version of each old world.

You cited story justification. The story justification is you go to the planet to destroy the bunker to take out the Star Fortress. To do so you need to rouse the locals... by solving the same problems you did three years ago. Whether you go to Alderaan or Alderaan2 is irrelevant, what matters is the mission. The bunker is a new mission on an old world. Not recycled. If the heroics you needed to do were also new, recycling wouldn't enter into it.

Found another + for level sync. Now group of leveling people can actually attack opponent faction base and win, before they would be one shotted by 60 lvl mobs ;)

And now are they not one-shotted by level appropriate mobs? I doubt the guards became pushovers just because they match your level. I've never attacked/been attacked by one except by accident but I doubt I could've held my own as a 60 against level 60 guards regardless of where they were.

Killing is irrelevant. I can tag mobs just as fast and that's all that matters in farming. Your level sync solved nothing in that respect. It solves nothing in any respect other than recycling old content for new grind. The annoyances of it however have been made clear enough by others.

1. How can killing be irrelevant when i was talking about stealing kills and if it is the same as you keep repeating that my question stands. What is difference between synced and not :D

2. What level sync really took away from you? Except solo killing world bosses = stealing kills and maybe not agroing mobs around you.

And now are they not one-shotted by level appropriate mobs? I doubt the guards became pushovers just because they match your level. I've never attacked/been attacked by one except by accident but I doubt I could've held my own as a 60 against level 60 guards regardless of where they were.

Kindly re-read my post. ;) I said group of players. And i as i said before, it might helps PvP servers too, cause now if one 65 lvl attacks 2 players they can at least defend them-selfs with some chance to fight back or run.

Edited by ShawDou

1. How can killing be irrelevant when i was talking about stealing kills and if it is the same as you keep repeating that my question stands. What is difference between synced and not :D

2. What level sync really took away from you? Except solo killing world bosses = stealing kills and maybe not agroing mobs around you.

You aggro/hit a mob it is locked to you, meaning other people can't loot it or gain xp from it, even if they do most of the damage. Hence, "tagging". How long it takes to kill is irrelevant once it's been tagged. But I'm sure you knew that. The difference with sync is precisely dick. Therefore your point that sync somehow helps lowbies do heroics/other open world content is moot. If it is farmed, they wait like everyone else, synced or not.

Aggro radius, resistance, endurance, mastery, power, class buff usefulness, stim/medpack usefulness and oh also completely broke the Revan fight in SoR. Why, what did you gain, besides the Alliance grind?

Kindly re-read my post. ;) I said group of players. And i as i said before, it might helps PvP servers too, cause now if one 65 lvl attacks 2 players they can at least defend them-selfs with some chance to fight back or run.

And? Are you implying a single 60 guard prior to 4.0 one-shot an entire group? As in all of them at once? I'm gonna have to see some evidence. Guards always required sizeable groups from what I understand, the only difference now is you can group for them at any level.

And I dont PVP but from what I've seen it's done pathetically little for balance there too. Gankers still gank, only now lowbie hordes can completely turn it the other way. So instead just ******es abusing their power you also have said power being trivialized when Dark Lord Whoever gets gang banged by a couple of 20s. Great improvement there.

Edited by CrutchCricket

I was doing heroics on Hutta with my lowbie Powertech. There was a level 65 Sniper running around without buffs so I decided to help with what little I have on TRE. This was the heroic in tunnels. What I saw next was a bit disturbing. We got out at the same time and then entered a building. Now this is where Sniper started acting really weird. He ran in tagged all the mobs on the main floor and then starts slowly killing them with Lana keeping Sniper and herself at 95% hp

Just a simple "ty" would have been acceptable though.

Edited by Halinalle

You aggro/hit a mob it is locked to you, meaning other people can't loot it or gain xp from it, even if they do most of the damage. Hence, "tagging". How long it takes to kill is irrelevant once it's been tagged. But I'm sure you knew that. The difference with sync is precisely dick. Therefore your point that sync somehow helps lowbies do heroics/other open world content is moot. If it is farmed, they wait like everyone else, synced or not.

Aggro radius, resistance, endurance, mastery, power, class buff usefulness, stim/medpack usefulness and oh also completely broke the Revan fight in SoR. Why, what did you gain, besides the Alliance grind?

Well since you are synced, you cant agro several groups of elites and kill them together cause you will die. So you cant farm as fast as in 60lvl ;)

Btw really dont understand how this have anything in common with level sync: (Resistance, endurance, mastery, power, class buff usefulness, stim/medpack usefulness, also completely broke the Revan fight in SoR.)

I gain fun with playing content i forgot even exist. I gain chance to play with friends who are completely different level and still advance together. I gain feeling of accomplishment when killing The Nightmare Pilgrim and Dreadtooth once more. Now tell me what you gain if level sync would be turned down? (btw going to sleep now ;) )

And? Are you implying a single 60 guard prior to 4.0 one-shot an entire group? As in all of them at once? I'm gonna have to see some evidence. Guards always required sizeable groups from what I understand, the only difference now is you can group for them at any level.

I am implying that before players 15-55 could not ever attack any opposite faction base, cause they would do NO DMG to 60 lvl guards.

And I dont PVP but from what I've seen it's done pathetically little for balance there too. Gankers still gank, only now lowbie hordes can completely turn it the other way. So instead just ******es abusing their power you also have said power being trivialized when Dark Lord Whoever gets gang banged by a couple of 20s. Great improvement there.

And you think it was better when one high lvl player will massacre newbies? I think it is much more fair now, if he want to gank them, he have to be careful and not just slice thought them with ease.

What an original idea.......

Not going to happen. Get over it.

Hehe ... to hell with the Founders who survived early access, stuck it out through thick and thin and carried this game. Though truthfully your "get over it" sentiment can't be faulted since it echos Bioware's sentiment in resounding fashion. Edited by GalacticKegger

• 4 weeks later...
i think the people who want it removed are not fully understanding there just not use to it yet. JUST REMEMBER DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT INTERESTS in these things some people want it on and some people don't want it on. i like the level sync it's much easier to focus on your levels. i've got a 54 sith inquistor who has not got the other 3 companions yet and i'm on taris and i'm 54 nearly 60